PDA

View Full Version : TT should be fired!!!!!

twelvePack
07-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am not very happy with what is going on right now. Myself and a few others (Diesel for one) knew that TT **** all over Favre, and forced him into retirement. WAY TO GO TT!!!! Now we have a controversy, not only Favre feels like he is getting ****ed, Rodgers does too. Way to manage the situation TT. In my opinion, this arrogant little prick of a general manager needs to be fired. He has made a complete mess of this whole situation. He should have welcomed Favre back, and told Rodgers to wait and see what happens. Now it will be almost impossible to make both guys happy. I have never thought Favre would be wearing another team's uniform, but now it almost looks like a certainty. If they do bring Favre back to the Packers then Rodgers is gone, and it looks like they **** on him too. That's the thing that pisses me off, is TT going to make a classy franchise look bad either way. I just think this whole situation was completely avoidable, and it is a shame how TT treated Favre. We don't need a guy like TT stripping the Green Bay Packers of the class that they have upheld throughout the many year of this great franchise. Fire TT now, this was a bull**** move that he pulled.

Rtardz
07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I agree with some of that, I mean in a way the franchise has never known when Favre is gonna hang em up. They should have known by now he is a different breed who loves the game and can still play but they draft a player and get him ready anyways, pushing Favre out in the mix. When they could have just waited til Favre retired and got a good Vet via FA even though TT would never do that.

jwdaly07
07-07-2008, 09:28 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I am not very happy with what is going on right now. Myself and a few others (Diesel for one) knew that TT **** all over Favre, and forced him into retirement. WAY TO GO TT!!!! Now we have a controversy, not only Favre feels like he is getting ****ed, Rodgers does too. Way to manage the situation TT. In my opinion, this arrogant little prick of a general manager needs to be fired. He has made a complete mess of this whole situation. He should have welcomed Favre back, and told Rodgers to wait and see what happens. Now it will be almost impossible to make both guys happy. I have never thought Favre would be wearing another team's uniform, but now it almost looks like a certainty. If they do bring Favre back to the Packers then Rodgers is gone, and it looks like they **** on him too. That's the thing that pisses me off, is TT going to make a classy franchise look bad either way. I just think this whole situation was completely avoidable, and it is a shame how TT treated Favre. We don't need a guy like TT stripping the Green Bay Packers of the class that they have upheld throughout the many year of this great franchise. Fire TT now, this was a bull**** move that he pulled.
Yes, let's fire our NFL Executive of the Year GM after a 13-3 season. Then we should hire you in his place since you clearly know what's better for the franchise.

darwin31
07-07-2008, 10:09 PM
From a managerial standpoint, it was Favre that put Thompson in this position. Every year, it was the same thing, Will he or wont he. TT knew that he needed to start planning post Favre via the draft and Rodgers. If Favre would have stayed, i am certain that Rodgers would have demanded a trade which should have happened before the draft so the Packers could get picks for him. Thompson is GM of the whole team and you cant let one guy (no matter who he is) dictate how the team is run. Thompson needed an early decision from Favre for the better of the team. Favre should stick to his decision.

socalpkrbkr
07-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Ahh

It all goes back to TT's brilliant 1st round draft pick in '05

I don't give a flying f:censored:k what anyone thinks of this, family, friends, my fellow Packer brothers. I've said it before and I will say til I die, THAT PICK WAS HORRIBLE. Not the player but the pick.

socalpkrbkr
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
darwin31 you need to kick rocks. You cant even spell the great ones name properly. No respect.:down:

darwin31
07-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Happy now, can I continue to eat at the grown-ups table?

socalpkrbkr
07-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Happy now, can I continue to eat at the grown-ups table?

LMAO, good comeback! Thanks

hughest4
07-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Man i dunno. TT isn't the greatest GM in my opinion, but as long as we continue to win and be successful then i will hold my tongue. If we start to lose and he continues to do boneheaded things i will get upset. Even through all of the controversy i think we are going to have another good season next year...no matter who our QB is

darwin31
07-07-2008, 10:42 PM
LMAO, good comeback! Thanks

Sorry about the mis-spelling, I promise to kick a rock as soon as i go outside. ;)

jamielove
07-07-2008, 10:57 PM
yeah its a sticky situation but you cant blame this entirely on TT. i dont know whats gone on behind the scenes as im sure know one does except for the packers brass. darwins right... what are you gonna do when your franchise legend of a QB continues to contemplate retirement year after year after year. and oops all of a sudden (in 2005 of course) a #1 or 2 pick falls to you at 25 or whatever it was. we just gotta ride this one out as fans. the worst situation would be him being released. if were really not gonna keep him (which would suck) then we should at least try and get something for him. plus that way we can decide where he goes.

Redsoxin09
07-07-2008, 11:06 PM
The only thing i don't understand from a packer standpoint is this one.

Say Favre does retire and he plays until he is 40 and you trade Rodgers, thats only two years and your trading a guy that could start for you guys for as little as 5 years. You've put 3 years of work into him and now your going to ship him to another team for some draft picks? I understand you guys have Brohm but at this point it looks like Favre would just be a rental.

I do believe though if you picked up Favre you would definately be the toughest competition in the NFC for a spot in the NFC championship game.

wwfd1220
07-07-2008, 11:45 PM
The only thing i don't understand from a packer standpoint is this one.

Say Favre does retire and he plays until he is 40 and you trade Rodgers, thats only two years and your trading a guy that could start for you guys for as little as 5 years. You've put 3 years of work into him and now your going to ship him to another team for some draft picks? I understand you guys have Brohm but at this point it looks like Favre would just be a rental.

I do believe though if you picked up Favre you would definately be the toughest competition in the NFC for a spot in the NFC championship game.

very good post, but remember the ron wolf era. how many q.b.'s were brought in and then traded or let go to other teams. alot !!!! basically i would see rodgers as another favre understudy that is moving on. i would only like this if favre would commit to at least 2 more seasons. that would give brohm time to begin his tutulidge under favre before he takes over the offense. man, m.m. must be tore up about this. to think he didnt like rodgers enough to draft him over alex smith. now, he has an opportunity to get the q.b. HE wanted, to study under favre. this is gonna get intersting in the coming days i think.

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Like twelvepack said, this all could have been avoided. I think most GM's that are worse and every one that is better than TT would have at least tried to stop Favre from retiring this year. It's been going on since the day TT came into office, slowly pushing Favre out. Now that he's got his contract extension he has no more use for Favre. He wants to move on as soon as possible, in case Rodgers fails he still has time before we axe him. But I'm guessing right now he doesn't know what the F to do. Why else would he be so silent on this for, I mean the guy won't even return Favre's agents phone calls. I'm pretty sure there is 31 other teams that would answer Favres agents phone calls at least to hear what the guy has to say lol He doesn't know what to do because he knows if Favre comes back with another team and either he plays well, or we do bad, he'll be the most hated man in the history of Wisconsin. Or at least since Dahmer. I mean thats a pretty serious tag for anyone to live with and I'm sure TT is aware of that. I'm just hoping that he realizes that the only choice that doesn't hurt the Packers is to let the best QB ever to come back, even though he never really retired in the first place. But TT's arrogance has never failed to amaze me, I would not be surprised at all if he just says F it and lets Favre play for someone else just so everyone knows who's boss.

SDteacher
07-08-2008, 12:40 AM
I still don't know what to think about TT and this whole Favre situation. I too am trying to hold my comments until something major happens. And by major I mean something said in a press conference regarding Favre, and or running the team into the ground based on ego rather than football smarts. We'll see.

meandering
07-08-2008, 03:27 AM
WOW!
Are you guys serious? Is the NFL news so lagging that we sit here and make up conspiracy theories?
I am suprised that we haven't revisited the Moss trade.

Did we ALL watch the same retirement press conference? Why would Brett not speak up then?
Who killed his season last year.....why doesnteveryone talk about Brett forcing the ball to Driver in the Championship game? Jennings wide open......Lee wide open.....R Grant.....wide open.
Sounds like to me Brett hasnt wanted to be here for awhile. His heart has not been into it for 3 or 4 years now. 6 interceptions in St Louis. What about the play in Minnesota where he crossed the line of scvrimmage, than threw the ball. Watch the game in Chicago? Or pay close attention to NFC championship? Brett doesnt like the cold anymore.
Brett has done this to himself.....and it was way before TT ever got here.

meandering
07-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Reggie White did the same thing.....whos fault was that?
Let favre go......get the draft picks!

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 04:07 AM
WOW!
Are you guys serious? Is the NFL news so lagging that we sit here and make up conspiracy theories?
I am suprised that we haven't revisited the Moss trade.

Did we ALL watch the same retirement press conference? Why would Brett not speak up then?
Who killed his season last year.....why doesnteveryone talk about Brett forcing the ball to Driver in the Championship game? Jennings wide open......Lee wide open.....R Grant.....wide open.
Sounds like to me Brett hasnt wanted to be here for awhile. His heart has not been into it for 3 or 4 years now. 6 interceptions in St Louis. What about the play in Minnesota where he crossed the line of scvrimmage, than threw the ball. Watch the game in Chicago? Or pay close attention to NFC championship? Brett doesnt like the cold anymore.
Brett has done this to himself.....and it was way before TT ever got here.

OK and besides those four games let's think about the other 100 that he played his *** off in and made some of the most amazing plays anyone of us has ever seen?? That guy has played his *** off for us every second that he's been on this team, your out of your mind if you say otherwise.

SamG187
07-08-2008, 09:17 AM
TT IMO is the best draft GM in the league..Never goes for the big name(the guy I want usually) and gets the nobody that is usually the good pick..Then you look at teams like NE and TB that pick up names like Cato June and Jeff Garcia, and NE got Randy Moss and Junior Seau the year before and have a lot of success like that..So with that being said I dont see why TT can find a happy f'ing medium..Its seems like to me that he made promised to both A-rod and Favre that he couldn't keep..Like Twelve Pack said we didnt HAVE to get a QB right away thru the draft. I think you wait till Favre is positive he's done and do like Tampa did and get a Garcia for a year, and Draft Brohm..Kind of monday morning QB of me cuz I dont know the details, but like I said Favre and A-rod at this point both have the right for the job, I just think with how close we got last year you would wanna win now and get guys like KGB and DD a ring cuz they deserve it, so that would be go with Favre, cuz if we wait for A-rod we might get a ring but will those guys that have been EXTREMELY loyal to the team get one, IDK

beast
07-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok, why should TT be fired? Because our season sucked? No, we went 14 and 4. That's a good season. Because we don't have a good coach? No we have that as well. Because we have no depth on the roster? Nope not the greatest at every position but we got good depth at most positions. Because Favre retired? Yes? What? He should get fired, for that? I didn't see, keeping players from retiring on the job description. And really isn't forcing someone to keep working when they can retire, isn't that against some law. Brett retired, if you meet the retirement standards, and want to retire, can your boss stop you? Ok, most likely yes, by offering a lot more money, but Brett already has the money, if you already have money, and met the retirement standards, and want to retire can your boss stop you? NO. So, we should fire TT even though he's done his job, and done it well, but since he didn't do things not on the job description, and had no control over, he should be fired?

No wonder this, Nation is in trouble, we want to fire all the people that do there job well, and want to give all the bonuses to the people that have done a s:censored:t job, to try to get them to work harder. :bang::puke:

Packersfan
07-08-2008, 02:51 PM
yea TT should be fired because he built a great team that went 2 the nfc championship game last year...what are u thinking???

Rtardz
07-08-2008, 04:53 PM
the reason I would blame TT is because he went and drafted A Rod and named him heir to the throne when Favre hangs em up. Fine. Probem is you can`t predict when a player is done, especially not even Favre himself.

beast
07-08-2008, 05:02 PM
the reason I would blame TT is because he went and drafted A Rod and named him heir to the throne when Favre hangs em up. Fine. Probem is you can`t predict when a player is done, especially not even Favre himself.

Is that blame enough to fire him?

What wrong which picking a guy at #25 that was though he might go #1?

And with Favre always doing the I might retire, I might not, thing. I mean what would we be saying if Favre really retired, in 2005 or 2006? We would be talking about how bad it was for TT to not draft, a QB by now.

TT was put in a spot, where he was d:censored:n if he did, d:censored:n if he didn't. We need a good young QB, for when ever Favre does retire, or leave the Packers.

twelvePack
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Is that blame enough to fire him?

What wrong which picking a guy at #25 that was though he might go #1?

And with Favre always doing the I might retire, I might not, thing. I mean what would we be saying if Favre really retired, in 2005 or 2006? We would be talking about how bad it was for TT to not draft, a QB by now.

TT was put in a spot, where he was d:censored:n if he did, d:censored:n if he didn't. We need a good young QB, for when ever Favre does retire, or leave the Packers.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! That's what I have to say to all of you TT defenders. The bottom line is that TT tried his hardest to push Favre out the door, long before this year too. Not bringing Moss in (Didn't want to bring that up, but it was only a 4th round pick) was a kick directly into Favre's balls, not to mention he stripped him of half the O-line, and a running game too. Seriously, WTF has TT been thinking since he has been in Green Bay? One thing I can tell you is that Favre has never been part of any of TT's plans, that's from day one too. It is a disgrace to Favre, to Rodgers, to the Green Bay Packers Franchise, and also a disgrace to the fans how this situation has been handled.

Seriously, TT is too busy on vacation to return a phone call??? Do you know where he is??? RACINE, WI!!!!! You would think he was half way around the world, with no cell coverage, on an elaborate trip, but nope he is too busy in Racine. This TT is a classless joke of a person, let alone a general manager.

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't think the media would have gotten all crazy every year with the whole retirement saga if we didn't draft Rodgers. Did anyone really think Favre was even possibly going to retire before a couple years ago? He doesn't know when his body is going to decide it can't play anymore, so it's hard for him to commit one way or the other, you can't blame him for that. And it seems to me like his body is telling him he's definitely got enough for this year. Let's go and at least try and win a SB. Our chances would be as good as anyones. Especially if the Queens are supposed to be NFC frontrunners with Dallas lol Give me a break, the division is ours for the taking with Favre, without him, who knows.

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 05:31 PM
I know I can't believe he's in Racine. Thats like ten minutes from me, anyone know where?? ha ha It was one thing when I heard he was on vacation and he didn't return the call. I pictured some sunny beach, maybe some booze and hookers. But Racine??? Are you kidding me? Trust me, there is nothing in Racine worth blowing off a legendary QB. Wonder if Ron Wolf would answer Favres call right about now. ha ha who vacations in Racine?? I mean I live in Kenosha and thats not much better, but who the hell vacations in Kenosha??

beast
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! That's what I have to say to all of you TT defenders.

That's all I have to say to you alway, the guy has done a fine job, and you want to fire him? It looked like Favre was going to retire, and I was still thinking we would still have a pretty good season. I can't say that, if Favre retired any season before this, I would be very worried for the Packers. TT did a good job.

The bottom line is that TT tried his hardest to push Favre out the door, long before this year too. Not bringing Moss in (Didn't want to bring that up, but it was only a 4th round pick) was a kick directly into Favre's balls, not to mention he stripped him of half the O-line, and a running game too.

TT was going to get Moss but Moss hung up the phone on TT. Moss didn't want to come to GB. Moss mess up that deal. With what Sherman did with the money someone had to go, we were over cap, and the OL were wanting huge deals, which we couldn't do, plus TT didn't want to.

Seriously, WTF has TT been thinking since he has been in Green Bay?

Putting a good team together, which he has done.

One thing I can tell you is that Favre has never been part of any of TT's plans, that's from day one too. It is a disgrace to Favre, to Rodgers, to the Green Bay Packers Franchise, and also a disgrace to the fans how this situation has been handled.

I agree it's a disgrace that Favre would do this stuff every single year, should a keep going? should I retire? If Brett never retired in the first place we wouldn't be in horrible place. Favre is making this and himself into a joke. He has great talent, but he needs to make up his mind and go with it. (and maybe he has, maybe this is still all the media)

This TT is a classless joke of a person, let alone a general manager.

What are you talking about? You don't even know the guy. Favre is the turning into the joke, every single year Brett. Grow some balls and make a choice and follow it.

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Unreal! I cant believe that **** either. Racine.... WTF!!!!

beast
07-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Unreal! I cant believe that **** either. Racine.... WTF!!!!

Who cares......Favre retired........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnW_BUlvUok

Ryan Diesel
07-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Yeah thats not the point. He's about to unretire.

twelvePack
07-08-2008, 06:00 PM
That's all I have to say to you alway, the guy has done a fine job, and you want to fire him? It looked like Favre was going to retire, and I was still thinking we would still have a pretty good season. I can't say that, if Favre retired any season before this, I would be very worried for the Packers. TT did a good job.

TT was going to get Moss but Moss hung up the phone on TT. Moss didn't want to come to GB. Moss mess up that deal. With what Sherman did with the money someone had to go, we were over cap, and the OL were wanting huge deals, which we couldn't do, plus TT didn't want to.

Putting a good team together, which he has done.

I agree it's a disgrace that Favre would do this stuff every single year, should a keep going? should I retire? If Brett never retired in the first place we wouldn't be in horrible place. Favre is making this and himself into a joke. He has great talent, but he needs to make up his mind and go with it. (and maybe he has, maybe this is still all the media)

What are you talking about? You don't even know the guy. Favre is the turning into the joke, every single year Brett. Grow some balls and make a choice and follow it.

Do you know what TT's job title is???? It is General Manager, and he is supposed to MANAGE these types of situations. Tell me how he did such a great job, and turned this into a ****ed up mess. Seriously, he is the manager and he wont return phone calls. WTF is the problem??? The whole world wants to know what is going on, and it is TT's job to inform them. Sounds to me, like he isn't doing his ****ing job.

Maybe TT should grow a set of balls and stop hiding from the media, and ducking everyone's phone calls. He is acting like a guy who messed up. Why is he hiding??? Answer me that, because he definitely is hiding. Everybody with a half of a brain knew this retirement was bogus from the start, and now Favre has finally revealed what went on. Poor TT knows he looks like an *******, and doesn't want to face the firing squad.

beast
07-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Do you know what TT's job title is???? It is General Manager, and he is supposed to MANAGE these types of situations. Tell me how he did such a great job, and turned this into a ****ed up mess. Seriously, he is the manager and he wont return phone calls. WTF is the problem??? The whole world wants to know what is going on, and it is TT's job to inform them. Sounds to me, like he isn't doing his ****ing job.

Maybe TT should grow a set of balls and stop hiding from the media, and ducking everyone's phone calls. He is acting like a guy who messed up. Why is he hiding??? Answer me that, because he definitely is hiding. Everybody with a half of a brain knew this retirement was bogus from the start, and now Favre has finally revealed what went on. Poor TT knows he looks like an *******, and doesn't want to face the firing squad.

What was their to manage? Favre retired? He suppose to manage the team, and Favre is retired, and that's not part of the team. TT did a great job of putting this team together, and TT didn't make this mess Favre did by, not being able to make his mind up, so he retired, and everyone though Favre was done because he retired, so the team moved on with out Favre, only for Favre to try to come back? How does TT have any control it that? Favre made this mess.

We don't even know if Favre wants to come back (he say he doesn't), much less than Favre calling anybody.

Everyone does want to know want going on, and Brett told us. It's rumor. Could Brett be lying? Yes. And no it's not TT job too tell us.

And Favre should stop hiding behind the media, if this story is true, he lied about it, and is hiding behind it.

If it's not true he hasn't stop it, which not it's not his job, but it would be nice. Tell me why Brett is hiding?

"Everybody with a half of a brain knew this retirement was bogus from the start"

Sorry if some people out there, still believe people would tell the truth. If your right I'm sorry Brett has become a lier. Some people believing in having the balls to tell the truth. If this stuff is true, I guess he doesn't have them.

socalpkrbkr
07-08-2008, 06:44 PM
wow.....:pity:this ****s getting out of control.

twelvePack
07-08-2008, 07:21 PM
What was their to manage? Favre retired? He suppose to manage the team, and Favre is retired, and that's not part of the team. TT did a great job of putting this team together, and TT didn't make this mess Favre did by, not being able to make his mind up, so he retired, and everyone though Favre was done because he retired, so the team moved on with out Favre, only for Favre to try to come back? How does TT have any control it that? Favre made this mess.

We don't even know if Favre wants to come back (he say he doesn't), much less than Favre calling anybody.

Everyone does want to know want going on, and Brett told us. It's rumor. Could Brett be lying? Yes. And no it's not TT job too tell us.

And Favre should stop hiding behind the media, if this story is true, he lied about it, and is hiding behind it.

If it's not true he hasn't stop it, which not it's not his job, but it would be nice. Tell me why Brett is hiding?

"Everybody with a half of a brain knew this retirement was bogus from the start"
Sorry if some people out there, still believe people would tell the truth. If your right I'm sorry Brett has become a lier. Some people believing in having the balls to tell the truth. If this stuff is true, I guess he doesn't have them.

I don't know too many people who retire and say, "I know I can still play though." Hell, Favre repeated it too. Most people who retire say, "Well it's been a good run, but I don't have anything left in the tank," not, "I know I can still play." Favre sounded like a man who had the game taken away from him, not one that walked away from it. Favre has too much pride to say that he wanted to play, but TT didn't want him back.

You wonder where Favre is right now??? He is waiting for TT to return his phone calls. I will guarantee that if he doesn't hear something soon, then you will see Favre making a statement to the media. If Favre's mom called TT out then there is something to this. I GUARANTEE IT!!!!!

beast
07-08-2008, 07:45 PM
I don't know too many people who retire and say, "I know I can still play though." Hell, Favre repeated it too. Most people who retire say, "Well it's been a good run, but I don't have anything left in the tank," not, "I know I can still play." Favre sounded like a man who had the game taken away from him, not one that walked away from it. Favre has too much pride to say that he wanted to play, but TT didn't want him back.

You wonder where Favre is right now??? He is waiting for TT to return his phone calls. I will guarantee that if he doesn't hear something soon, then you will see Favre making a statement to the media. If Favre's mom called TT out then there is something to this. I GUARANTEE IT!!!!!

He had to much pride? Sounds like he had too little. He wasn't willing to tell the truth?

We still don't know if, brett wants to come back other than the media with no named sources, and Brett has said, "It's all rumors" so maybe this is all rumors.

Brett did call, TT out, but she also said, Nothing was said. or something like that. Could it all be the fact that Favre didn't like TT wasn't getting FA, and Favre doesn't understand growing for with in?

hughest4
07-09-2008, 12:53 AM

Usually i don't agree with your anti-TTness but i do have to agree with you on this point. When you listen to some of these retired players they talk about how their bodies are shot and they could no longer do it even if they wanted to. When i saw Favre say that i realized what it could mean, but i figured his not wanting to prepare for the games would outweigh the fact that he knew he could still play. Maybe i was wrong...

wissportsfan
07-09-2008, 02:10 AM
As soon as I saw the title of this thread I just thought oh no here we go again.

PackAttack09
07-11-2008, 12:20 AM
stupidest post ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think about what you are saying twelvepack, ur saying that either ted thompson or mike mccarthy didn't send favre roses asking him to come back. brett favre didn't have to retire in the first place, he knew he had the organization by the balls in the first place... if he wanted to play all he had to do was one simple thing in the beginning, NOT RETIRE!

what were they going to do, release him? (which is what the reports are saying he wants now) these rumors just don't add up. if he didn't get the feeling from mike and ted that they want him back all he had to do was not retire and say "oh well u can either keep me or release me" to ted and/or mike. he made the decision to retire. everyone should agree that brett favre is not someone you can "force" into retirement, he knows he can play as long as he wants cuz no one will cut him while he is still playing well. that being said he had months to think about it and if the rumors are true its still him changing his mind. put some blame on the flip-flopper too you favre worshipping nit-wit.

Packersfan
07-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Yea lets fire him because he assembled a team that has a good future and went to the NFC championship game last year...Stupid POst

kingofdaburbs19
07-11-2008, 01:39 AM
You know what you guys im gonna tell all of you people that want Brett Favre back if the man wanted to play he shouldn't of retired and now people are sayin fire TT because he wont take Favre back I like Brett alot and honestly do i think we would do better with him then A-Rod yes but if he wanted to play dont retire in the first place that just makes situations hard for everybody, Brett in my mind you are the greatest QB ever but when it comes 2 the time to make a decision (of the field) you are horrible I hope the Pack don't bring you back because as crazy as this sounds you don't deserve it, you made little kids and grown men cry when you announced your retirement and now because you have a "itch" you think you can just come back whenever thats bull**** and when we do re-instate you and either trade you or release you I hope you do well Brett but everytime you throw and TD in any other uniform besides GB just remember all the people that you hurt Brett.

XJW18
07-11-2008, 02:51 AM

ya but Brett was gnna be done sooner then later i mean look what happened. if brett wouldnt of considered retirement for the last 5 years or more maybe Aaron wouldnt of been drafted.
anyways i think its smarter to have a guy ready to come in and play who knows the system. not just some free agent.

mr. burns
07-11-2008, 05:04 AM
Ahh

It all goes back to TT's brilliant 1st round draft pick in '05

I don't give a flying f:censored:k what anyone thinks of this, family, friends, my fellow Packer brothers. I've said it before and I will say til I die, THAT PICK WAS HORRIBLE. Not the player but the pick.

I know the general opionion is that TT forced favre out, with things like that pick, but what was TT supposed to do? He had a quarterback who was going to turn 36 half way thorugh the season, and the quaterback had already hinted that he might retire after the season. there was a steal of pick (remember a lot of people in the media thougth rogers could first over all to the 49ers), and TT pullled the trigger. I wasn't excited about the pick either, because how excited can you get about a guy who if everything goes well won't play for many years, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good pick. The oganization has to think more than 16 game ahead, and Favre wouldn't let them do that.

mr. burns
07-11-2008, 05:11 AM
He had to much pride? Sounds like he had too little. He wasn't willing to tell the truth?

We still don't know if, brett wants to come back other than the media with no named sources, and Brett has said, "It's all rumors" so maybe this is all rumors.

Brett did call, TT out, but she also said, Nothing was said. or something like that. Could it all be the fact that Favre didn't like TT wasn't getting FA, and Favre doesn't understand growing for with in?

Whe favre said "it is all rumors" I knew it was true. If it wasn't true favre would have said "I'm not coming back". As long as favre doesn't end up on another team in the NFC North I wouldn't mind seeing him play in another uniform. It would let Favre play as long as he wants, and it would let the packers move on as an organization.

gbaypack31
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM

If he had so much pride as you say, then why is he coming out now to say this? Why not just be truthful from the start. Why waver back and forth year after year. I also recall him saying he knew he could play but he just didn't think he could go through the 7 days a week and that playing football was more than just showing up on Sundays.

Greenngld
07-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Are you sure Ted didn't want Brett back?

Another twist to Favre story?
By Journal Sentinel staff
Friday, Jul 11 2008, 05:21 PM

Jay Glazer reports on foxsports.com that Brett Favre informed Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy in late March, just weeks after his retirement announcement, that he wanted to return. According to Glazer's sources, Thompson and McCarthy told Favre they would welcome him back. They planned to fly to Mississippi and make it official later that week, but then Favre phoned the team two days before the meeting and said he had changed his mind again and was staying retired.

Glazer was the one who first reported March 4 that Favre had decided to retire.

Soop
07-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Some of you said this was a bad post by twelvepack, I disagree I think it's an interesting post and applaud you twelvepack.

Soup Nazi
07-11-2008, 11:27 PM

Jay Glazer reports on foxsports.com that Brett Favre informed Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy in late March, just weeks after his retirement announcement, that he wanted to return. According to Glazer's sources, Thompson and McCarthy told Favre they would welcome him back. They planned to fly to Mississippi and make it official later that week, but then Favre phoned the team two days before the meeting and said he had changed his mind again and was staying retired.

This is all that needs to be said on this whole subject. This is on Favre, plain and simple. I love him to death, never wanted him to retire in the first place and am just sad it has come to this but FAVRE caused this whole mess.

socalpkrbkr
07-11-2008, 11:47 PM

If this is true, it really would change my thinking on this situation.

WTF!.............I mean, I just don't know..............this whole thing just sucks:sigh:

newdude
07-12-2008, 12:05 AM
^He said-she said? or for the better he said-they said....

socalpkrbkr
07-12-2008, 12:12 AM
^He said-she said? or for the better he said-they said....

Bro, that ain't he said she said or whatever. That's a whole ****ing story right there man. Since it seems like all these things that we have been hearing lately are true..... why would Jay report some phony story? He seems to be a credible source.

meandering
07-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Jay Glazer is a very credible source. If you remember when Uerlacher SWORE off media....Glazer was one of the few he invited. He protects his sources when they need to be protected....he is very player friendly. Coincidently, the show he does with Eddie George and others on FOX sucks!lol

The more I hear about favre the more i am reminded ofmy breast fed brother. Always wanting Mama and attention, and that pat on the back.

He KNOWS flat out the Packers wont release him.......even before he mails the letter!

Save The Drama for Your Mama

meandering
07-12-2008, 02:30 AM
I am from Racine.......wish i would have known TT was here....lmao!

Maybe he was scouting someone........not much else here except friends and family perhaps.

beast
07-12-2008, 11:15 AM
I am from Racine.......wish i would have known TT was here....lmao!

Maybe he was scouting someone........not much else here except friends and family perhaps.

Or maybe that's where TT has a house, and he was taking his break from football, from the rest of the year.

black_ink
07-12-2008, 01:02 PM
TT is done!
An amazing icon for a city/team that Favre has been, you don't treat him like TT has treated him!! NO SMILE TEDDY! Why can't you smile at least once in a great while? Maybe cause you are arrogant and a selfish fancy-pants faced tool. I know TT can draft, but the odds are good to get a decent player when you trade for more picks. Who has TT gotten Favre via F/A? Frank Walker? He's been trying to make a youth movement since he started he got his California dream boy to take over at the helm, didn't keep any of Favre's close friends(Henderson, Flanagan, Lee, Robinson etc..) except Driver. Anyone can mumbled the words, "We want Brett back." Its easy to tell its bull sh** when its coming from TT's mouth though. Thompson doesn't belong in Green Bay no matter how good of a drafter he is. If he was in a Wisconsin or even midwest bar drinking somebody would knock that cocky smirk off his face so fast! BE HAPPY TEDDY! You're the GM of the Green Bay Packers!!

gbaypack31
07-13-2008, 04:04 AM

Do you have a link that supports them trying to force him out?

Packer92
07-13-2008, 12:45 PM
TT is done!
An amazing icon for a city/team that Favre has been, you don't treat him like TT has treated him!! NO SMILE TEDDY! Why can't you smile at least once in a great while? Maybe cause you are arrogant and a selfish fancy-pants faced tool. I know TT can draft, but the odds are good to get a decent player when you trade for more picks. Who has TT gotten Favre via F/A? Frank Walker? He's been trying to make a youth movement since he started he got his California dream boy to take over at the helm, didn't keep any of Favre's close friends(Henderson, Flanagan, Lee, Robinson etc..) except Driver. Anyone can mumbled the words, "We want Brett back." Its easy to tell its bull sh** when its coming from TT's mouth though. Thompson doesn't belong in Green Bay no matter how good of a drafter he is. If he was in a Wisconsin or even midwest bar drinking somebody would knock that cocky smirk off his face so fast! BE HAPPY TEDDY! You're the GM of the Green Bay Packers!!

This post is just plain ignorance. How can you bring up TT job of not getting free agents when they made it to the NFC championship game? And no it was not all Favre. This sport is a business and not a friendship circle. How does it help the team to have players that are not good enough to make the team, but are Favre's friends. Favre is a player. I used to think he put the team before himself, but I am not sure anymore. He had his chance to unretire and didn't. I don't understand you tunnel vision thinking. Yes TT may not have a personality, but he has done a good job rebuilding a sustainable football team. QB may be an issue, but its not his fault. Favre CHOOSE TO RETIRE!!!

mets_believer
07-15-2008, 02:02 AM
blown out of proportion because of the way the Packers management has handled it. They KNEW this was going to happen and if Ted Thompson is stupid enough not to think this was going to happen, he should of had a plan in place incase Favre HAD decided to come back. They weren't prepared for this WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN. What does that about him? Unorganized? A GM should be ready for any challenge thrown at him and the way this was handled is unprofessional. The ONLY answer is to Fire Ted Thompson. Why do you think Ron Wolf is on his way back to Green Bay? HINT HINT.

Bring Favre Back! How can you question his commitment in March after a tough loss? If he was 30, do you think he would be committed in March? I don't think so. Like I've said in my other posts, **** TED THOMPSON. He's done ABSOLUTELY nothing since coming to Green Bay. Favre has carried this team through thick and thin. Turned these no-named receivers into average-above average receivers. Favre IS Green Bay. Favre BUILT Lambaeu like Ruth built Yankee Stadium. Ask Yankee Fans if they'd accept the Babe back. I am a Met Fan and Yankee fans aren't even that STUPID.

mets_believer
07-15-2008, 02:12 AM
The More Times This Interview With Favre Comes Up On Espn .. The More It ****in Pisses Me Off.

bring Favre Back. He Is Green Bay.\

I don't get it . You want to protect his legacy. McCarthy knew he was going to have second thoughts come training camp. How could you not be prepared for this? You won't release him, but you won't start him. You are pretty much holding him hostage. I wish I could punch Ted Thompson in the face, it would be a pleasure. Seeing Favre in anything but Green and Gold is a sin.

newdude
07-15-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm with ya on that. Its like "I don't want u, but nobody else can have u." Thats BS, ppl complain about how Favre holds the packers hostage, but what they r doing to him is 100x worse.

4favre4
07-15-2008, 10:43 AM
The More Times This Interview With Favre Comes Up On Espn .. The More It ****in Pisses Me Off.

I don't get it . You want to protect his legacy. McCarthy knew he was going to have second thoughts come training camp. How could you not be prepared for this? You won't release him, but you won't start him. You are pretty much holding him hostage. I wish I could punch Ted Thompson in the face, it would be a pleasure. Seeing Favre in anything but Green and Gold is a sin.

EXACTLY
Bring em back !!!!!!!!!!!
Do it 4Favre4us

Ryan Diesel
07-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Do it for the fans. This is a so called "fan run" organization lol what a joke that is. Favre makes our team better than Rodgers. Bottom line. If some guy off the street comes in and is better than Rodgers, than he gets the job. We don't owe Rodgers anything. If he's not the best guy we can get for the job, then he's out. Simple as that. That's how it works for every position on every team. Except ours I guess.

gbaypack31
07-15-2008, 04:19 PM

How is it fair to put the whole team on hold until training camp? There are a lot of things needed to be done in the offseason to prepare for such a big change and we're supposed to wait around. Maybe he comes back and we lose the first 2 games of the season and then he decides he doesn't want to play anymore how well would that go over?

jwdaly07
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Firing Ted Thompson would basically be saying that the Packers don't like being a winning franchise.

Like it or not, HE built this defense up that we are enjoying now, he brought in Ryan Grant, he brought in Greg Jennings and James Jones, he's the only guy who had the balls to say no to Favre, and he's here to stay for awhile.

servais77
07-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Firing Ted Thompson would basically be saying that the Packers don't like being a winning franchise.

Like it or not, HE built this defense up that we are enjoying now, he brought in Ryan Grant, he brought in Greg Jennings and James Jones, he's the only guy who had the balls to say no to Favre, and he's here to stay for awhile.

Mike Sherman 33 wins first three years

Ted Thompson 25 wins first three years.

jwdaly07
07-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Mike Sherman 33 wins first three years

Ted Thompson 25 wins first three years.

Oh PLEASE, don't act as if you don't know how skewered that stat is. Ted Thompson inherited a team in it's downfall, had to tear it apart for one year of 4-12 football to build it back up.

Where Thompson built the team up to be better, Sherman let it hang in the same spot for several years, always being the same high powered offense with no defense squad. You want someone to blame for Favre not getting a second Super Bowl ring, it's Mike Sherman.

How many NFC championship games did the Sherman Packers get to? None. Rest my case.

servais77
07-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh PLEASE, don't act as if you don't know how skewered that stat is. Ted Thompson inherited a team in it's downfall, had to tear it apart for one year of 4-12 football to build it back up.

Where Thompson built the team up to be better, Sherman let it hang in the same spot for several years, always being the same high powered offense with no defense squad. You want someone to blame for Favre not getting a second Super Bowl ring, it's Mike Sherman.

How many NFC championship games did the Sherman Packers get to? None. Rest my case.

We will see. Mike Sherman inherited just as bad of a team coming off an 8-8 season while Teddy inherited a team coming off of 10-6 and a division title. Nobody forced Ted to not sign back Wahle while bringing in the likes of Taco Wallace to play wide receiver. We now have 32 million of cap room and nothing to spend it on with a non salary cap year coming up in 2010. I don't think this team is as well set up as every one gives us credit for.

twelvePack
07-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Do it for the fans. This is a so called "fan run" organization lol what a joke that is. Favre makes our team better than Rodgers. Bottom line. If some guy off the street comes in and is better than Rodgers, than he gets the job. We don't owe Rodgers anything. If he's not the best guy we can get for the job, then he's out. Simple as that. That's how it works for every position on every team. Except ours I guess.

True Diesel, very true. That is the funny thing about this whole argument. The opposition is saying the Packers don't owe anything to Favre, but they don't owe anything to Rodgers either.

jwdaly07
07-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Last year's Packers were a more balanced team than anything Sherman put on the field. Had Sherman put any effort into the defense we could have been a Super Bowl team more than once. Instead the philosophy was "give Favre receivers and a running back" and we saw how that worked out in the post-season.

servais77
07-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Last year's Packers were a more balanced team than anything Sherman put on the field. Had Sherman put any effort into the defense we could have been a Super Bowl team more than once. Instead the philosophy was "give Favre receivers and a running back" and we saw how that worked out in the post-season.

I will agree with that but Sherman wasn't given carte blanch to gut the team into a terrible team for two years before turning it around. Plus I don't think the Packers were quite as good as their record indicated.

jwdaly07
07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I will agree with that but Sherman wasn't given carte blanch to gut the team into a terrible team for two years before turning it around. Plus I don't think the Packers were quite as good as their record indicated.

But the fact is they competed with every team they played, including the team that won the Super Bowl. Look at Sherman's Packers in the St. Louis game.

twelvePack
07-15-2008, 06:12 PM

Yeah there wasn't much seperating a 10-6, 9-7 team from a 13-3 team last year. The Giants are proof of that, they beat an undefeated team.

servais77
07-15-2008, 06:14 PM
But the fact is they competed with every team they played, including the team that won the Super Bowl. Look at Sherman's Packers in the St. Louis game.

IMO that St. Louis team was better than anything out there in recent years and it was a horrible match up for the way our team was built that year.

jwdaly07
07-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Forgetting record though, Sherman had no team with both a solid offense and defense. His defense could get turnovers, but gave up a ridiculous amount of big plays and was filled with holes. Hannibal Navies, Chukie Nwokorie and Antuan Edwards started on it for Christ's sake.

jwdaly07
07-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Actually scratch that, Nwokorie never started, he rotated in. I was thinking of someone else on that early 2000's team.

twelvePack
07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Don't forget about Hardy Nickerson, that was a great signing.

jwdaly07
07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
And Joe Johnson. Gotta love that one.

Yeah, Sherman was pretty much the worst GM ever when it came to defense.

Thompson is too conservative but his results thus far are hard to argue with. His legacy obviously hinges on what happens post-Favre.

gbaypack31
07-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Why don't we fire TT and MM and bring back Mike sherman to run both positions, let favre do whatever he wants like sherman used to let him, why not trade for ahman green while we're at it. Yeah, we'll make the playoffs at 9-7 and get beat by 30+ points in the first round with favre throwing 6 ints.

Ryan Diesel
07-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Why would you bash Sherman for trading for Ahman Green?? That was one of the best trades in Packer history. We got Ahman, who dominated the NFL for almost 6 or 7 years and all we had to give up was Fred Vinson, who never played again. That was the one thing Sherman did right, and your bashing him for that? I know Sherman was a dip **** most of the time, but his record as Packer coach was 57-39. He made some bonehead play calls sometimes, but it's not like we were a bad team. He was just a bad GM. Bottom line, Sherman is gone and if Favre comes back we can win a SB with MM.

black_ink
07-17-2008, 08:05 PM
jwdaly07, why don't you stick to basketball and leave football to people who actually know what they are talking about. TED THOMPSON IS JUNK FOR THE PACKERS! All you have is his record last year 13-3 that you're trying to boost him with. Who has he brought in with his billion draft picks he trades down for? Frank Walker??
They've been a winner since Favre has taken the helm and you know it....TT is as rude as hell and a complete joke of a person. As a GM, he can pick decent players and thats it. He's to selfish to go out and get somebody that he didn't bring into the league and that's killing the Packers from getting to the big game.
RON WOLF WILL BE BACK SOON!!!

STARRMAN
07-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Why does everyone think A-ROG is the next Dan Marino? Maybe everyone is seeing something i am not?!

Dcup
07-17-2008, 09:23 PM
TT is a liar.

jericson
07-17-2008, 10:14 PM
I just hope A-Rod doesn't throw the INTs like #4. That got tiresome. Maybe Favre going to MIN is a good thing?

socalpkrbkr
07-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I just hope A-Rod doesn't throw the INTs like #4. That got tiresome. Maybe Favre going to MIN is a good thing?

Ha! You wouldn't be you without your monthly jab at Brett. I was only sick of it in '05. Other than that year what are you gonna do? Picks happen and TDs happen too. I'll take Brett's bad as long as it comes with his good any day of the week.

jericson
07-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Ha! You wouldn't be you without your monthly jab at Brett. I was only sick of it in '05. Other than that year what are you gonna do? Picks happen and TDs happen too. I'll take Brett's bad as long as it comes with his good any day of the week.

I'm just trying to understand the man [Thompson]. He needs to receive the credit he's due. Favre is just a player. NOTHING more. One thing people often fail to realize is that he holds the INT record among others. Not cool. Maybe just playing so much is what the man is all about in the first place?

socalpkrbkr
07-17-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm just trying to understand the man [Thompson]. He needs to receive the credit he's due. Favre is just a player. NOTHING more. One thing people often fail to realize is that he holds the INT record among others. Not cool. Maybe just playing so much is what the man is all about in the first place?

While I'm NOT Tedís biggest supporter I don't think he should be fired for this mess. Has he handled it well? That depends on who you ask. I think he has done OK to this point. I wish he would have NEVER made that pick in '05, hated his pick in '07 and am still dumbfounded as to why he didn't get Randy when he was clearly there for the taking. (Not wanting to debate the Moss thing at all:no:) I'm fully aware of the fact that Brett is just a player and I'm also fully aware that he put Green Bay back on the map when it comes to football. The pick record doesn't bother me as much as I used to think it would. In fact I'm over it, he's got damn near every other record there is to have so, like I said, I'll take the good with the bad any day of the week. This is a huge mess that should have never been brought to the Medias attention. I just want a normal off season with normal events taking place. I canít get that with the Lakers and now I canít get that with the Packers either.

servais77
07-18-2008, 09:33 AM

I don't care to look up the stats on this but someone posted his INT% and it was right there with Marino, Elway, Moon, whoever....I think it was actually Jwdaly that posted it. People love to hammer Favre about INT's but quite frankly his percentages are not higher than a lot of guys that threw less INT's than him. Favre has just thrown a lot. That is also why I don't get as excited about his TD's and yards. He is kind of like the Karl Malone of football statistics.

Ryan Diesel
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
ha ha I remember posting that. I can't see Jwdaly posting something that wasn't completely slamming Favre and trying to discredit his entire 16 year body of work. His INT % is right on par with every other great QB. I'm so sick of hearing about Favre having the INT record, the top 25 QB's in INT's are probably all in the HOF. It's a lot harder to throw a TD than an INT anyway. The starts record, wins and TD's are the only records that really count when it comes down to it.

twelvePack
07-18-2008, 01:57 PM

Here comes Jericson, trying to bait some people. Who gets joy out of being a snitch, seriously. Don't say you aren't either jericson, because there is no way you believe this garbage you are typing. Unless you are not a Packers fan. I would almost put money on it that you are either a Bears or Vikings fan.

meandering
07-18-2008, 02:03 PM
ha ha I remember posting that. I can't see Jwdaly posting something that wasn't completely slamming Favre and trying to discredit his entire 16 year body of work. His INT % is right on par with every other great QB. I'm so sick of hearing about Favre having the INT record, the top 25 QB's in INT's are probably all in the HOF. It's a lot harder to throw a TD than an INT anyway. The starts record, wins and TD's are the only records that really count when it comes down to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with you to a certain extent.

I think his int% becomes more relevant and important in playoff games. Since 1998 his playoff record sucks......does that all come down on him-NO! Comes down on Sherman and Favre. If he gets credit for winning games...he has to accept the losses too!

twelvePack
07-18-2008, 04:03 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree with you to a certain extent.

I think his int% becomes more relevant and important in playoff games. Since 1998 his playoff record sucks......does that all come down on him-NO! Comes down on Sherman and Favre. If he gets credit for winning games...he has to accept the losses too!

Yeah, his playoff record isn't the best since 1998, but I love how some people on here preach "TEAM", but yet they try to pin losses soley on Favre.

Sherman was a bonehead, I liked the guy, just not as a coach or GM. His teams had absolutely no defense. Now you look at last year, we lacked a rushing attack in the Giants game, give credit to them, but our O-line did get manhandled. We just haven't had a complete team in the playoffs yet. I really believe this year we will have that team with Favre, that's why it bothers me this **** is going on. I honestly believe that we have a hell of a shot of making the Super Bowl with Favre behind center.

servais77
07-18-2008, 07:45 PM

You should save that info and repost it every once and a while.