PDA

View Full Version : Bring Favre Back - Trade Rodgers

Cali_Packer
07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Seems to me that A-Rod has far more trade value at this point than Favre. Why not bring Favre back for two more years, get a 1st rounder (and likely more) for Rodgers and groom Brohm to take over after #4 retires...again (hopefully this time for good). What do you think?

socalpkrbkr
07-07-2008, 07:42 PM
We can't trade him this season. We wouldn't have an experienced back up. Next year... sure if he was to play for two seasons.

brandonwarne52
07-07-2008, 07:42 PM
You would get like a 3rd rounder for Rodgers.

uncfan44
07-07-2008, 08:55 PM
We can't trade him this season. We wouldn't have an experienced back up. Next year... sure if he was to play for two seasons.

not sure how it matters, if favre does not come back out back up is brohm. If he does and we traded rodgers guess who out back up is...lol. I think we owe it to rodgers to tell him hey we r bringin favre back; either wait till he retires again to we can trade you...your pick. so i fig favre is the greatest QB of all time, rodgers is unproven. Favre, if he is in the same shape as last year has pro bowl season again with older more exp team, rodgers who knows. Tho i was stoked to see how rodgers pans out, and i think he is ready does that mean tell favre no and hope for the best :badidea: ???? i hope they think this through and dont make a dumb decision like not gettin moss last year.

socalpkrbkr
07-07-2008, 10:01 PM
It matters because if you were to trade AR now, like I said we have no experience behind Favre. Brohm is a true rookie and just getting his feet wet in this system. Is that a little bit clearer? We really have no reason to trade AR at this point.

darwin31
07-07-2008, 10:16 PM
It matters because if you were to trade AR now, like I said we have no experience behind Favre. Brohm is a true rookie and just getting his feet wet in this system. Is that a little bit clearer? We really have no reason to trade AR at this point.

I dont see how this matters as it is the position you are in now. You currently have no experience behind Rodgers.

Choice A: Experienced qb (Farve) with no experience behind him or
Choice B: Unexperienced qb (Rodgers) with no experience behind him

After all that has happened this offseason, the 2 will not co-exist on the same team so its one or the other.

Cali_Packer
07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
SOCAL...Either way Brohm is the number 2 quarterback this year no matter if Favre or Rodgers start. (if Rodgers is traded)

Also, Brandon, the Packers moved up from 17 to number 10 in the first round and got a 3rd rounder from Seattle for Hasselbeck who was a 6th round pick and who only played well in the pre-season. We would get a lot more than a 3rd rounder for Rodgers.

socalpkrbkr
07-07-2008, 10:29 PM
SOCAL...Either way Brohm is the number 2 quarterback this year no matter if Favre or Rodgers start. (if Rodgers is traded)

Understood

My reasoning is this. If you trade him now were setting ourselves up for a possible bad situation. Say Brett gets hurt early in the year, or even at the end of the year. Rodgers could come in and perform probably better at this point in their careers than Brohm. There's no reason to trade AR right now. If you have some reason to trade him now let me in on it. If he does get traded it would have to be after this season. Good business. This way Brohm learns from a couple of guys mainly the legend and AR is the insurance policy for this season. I feel way more comfortable with Brohm in his second season having to come in and play than I would in his first, again assuming Favre were to go down.

darwin31
07-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Understood

My reasoning is this. If you trade him now were setting ourselves up for a possible bad situation. Say Brett gets hurt early in the year, or even at the end of the year. Rodgers could come in and perform probably better at this point in their careers than Brohm. There's no reason to trade AR right now. If you have some reason to trade him now let me in on it. If he does get traded it would have to be after this season. Good business. This way Brohm learns from a couple of guys mainly the legend and AR is the insurance policy for this season. I feel way more comfortable with Brohm in his second season having to come in and play than I would in his first, again assuming Favre were to go down.

Do you really think that with the comments that Rodgers as made already this offseason, that both he and Favre could co-exist on the same team this year? If that were to happen, the only thing Brohm would learn is what a qb fued looks like.

Going all the way back to the Favre statement about how its not his job to mentor Rodgers, Aaron has respectfully kept his mouth shut all this time and he will not do it anymore.

socalpkrbkr
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Do you really think that with the comments that Rodgers as made already this offseason, that both he and Favre could co-exist on the same team this year? If that were to happen, the only thing Brohm would learn is what a qb fued looks like.

Going all the way back to the Favre statement about how its not his job to mentor Rodgers, Aaron has respectfully kept his mouth shut all this time and he will not do it anymore.

It's a touchy situation for sure.

Cali_Packer
07-07-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree with Darwin. No way these two are on the same team. I'd like to see Rodgers do well (and hope he does) since I think he has been a class act since he arrived. But he hasn't proved he will be a good quarterback yet and he hasn't proved he will be a bust. A lot of team will look at his potential and the years he has spent with the Packers and see a lot of value in that...they did with Hasselbeck. I just have always had the feeling that TT did not want to make that pick when he got Rodgers...Favre had years left at that point. This was the year to grab a QB and they got the most NFL ready one of the bunch if not the most talented.

Anyway, it's probably a non-issue since there are reports out that Bus Cook has been saying privately that Favre would like to play for the Panthers. Dude doesn't even want to come back anyway.

brandonwarne52
07-07-2008, 10:51 PM
We would get a lot more than a 3rd rounder for Rodgers.

From who? Kansas City?

Cali_Packer
07-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Tampa, Baltimore, Miami, Vikes...

brandonwarne52
07-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Baltimore has Flacco, we have Jackson, Miami has Lemon and Beck, and the Bucs have Garcia for the short term.

Nobody in that group would go for Rodgers, especially not for a 1st round pick.

darwin31
07-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Baltimore has Flacco, we have Jackson, Miami has Lemon and Beck, and the Bucs have Garcia for the short term.

Nobody in that group would go for Rodgers, especially not for a 1st round pick.

I would put $$$ on Baltimore trading their 1st round pick (Flacco) for Rodgers before the draft. Now that the draft is done, I dont think there is much of a market for Rodgers as every team has a qb that they have high hopes for.

This is why Ted Thompson needed to rush Favre's decision because right now I dont think Rodgers would get them more then a 3rd rounder.

brandonwarne52
07-07-2008, 11:06 PM
I completely agree with the assertion that the Ravens trade their 1st for him before the draft.....if McNair was already retired.

But I'd considered that when I said what I said.

Cali_Packer
07-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Your right. Rodgers would not be an upgrade to Flacco, Jackson, Lemon, Beck, and Garcia. AND he wouldn't be any better than Bulger or Shaub or Rosenfels or Losman or Edwards or Grossman or Orton or Kitna.

Kindomatic
07-08-2008, 12:37 AM
So, IMO, I think that this situation isn't all new to the Packer organization that Favre wants to come back and that it would create controversy. They knew it the whole time. Think about it, Favre says on Letterman that he will get a "feeling" around training camp and then went all weird on trying to elaborate. Hmm... maybe saying he's coming back. Then Rogers opens his mouth and talks some crap to the Packer fans and doesn't recall the statement. ( I don't think it was talking crap to the fans so much as just being real and straight up on what he thinks, either you cry about being yelled at or just take your **** sandwich ) Anyways, days latter the Favre comeback statements are flying around. What better time for our hero to save the day? Then Roger's gets mad and they trade him. We have Favre for two more years and Brohm gets his experience for the future. We bring in Daute for a vet back up and we are kind of set...... kinda. Yeah he turned down the offer, but training camp is still far away. Anyways, there is probably some behind the scenes stuff going on the we are not privy to it. I guess I'm kind of into conspiracy threories....

brandonwarne52
07-08-2008, 03:53 AM
Your right. Rodgers would not be an upgrade to Flacco, Jackson, Lemon, Beck, and Garcia. AND he wouldn't be any better than Bulger or Shaub or Rosenfels or Losman or Edwards or Grossman or Orton or Kitna.

He wouldn't be a guaranteed upgrade over Schaub, Rosenfels, or Kitna, and he's definitely not an upgrade to Bulger.

As for the other guys, he's still as unproven as they are. Not to mention their respective teams are still high on them.

SamG187
07-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Miami also drafted Henne too, which I think is the starter by the end of the year and is goin to be a great QB..And yea, the worst QB situation in the league is KC and im not completely sure they are just ready to pull the plug on Croyle either and do something like a high draft pick for A-Rod

4favre4
07-09-2008, 10:38 AM
I have been saying TRADE Rodgers all along.
We owe it to Brett. Let him come back.

C-Dub
07-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Rogers sucks, bring Favre back and offer Culpepper more.

twelvePack
07-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I say bring Favre back, and keep Rodgers too. Rodgers is under contract, and he can sit another ****ing year.

hawkeye
07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I say bring Favre back, and keep Rodgers too. Rodgers is under contract, and he can sit another ****ing year.

He would sit there pouting and wishing that he hadn't cut his hair. No way you can keep Rodgers AND Favre. Favre would have to make some kind of apology to Rodgers for wavering, and we all know that's not gonna happen. Brett needs to come right out and say that he wants to play 2 more years and that he will be finished from that point. It erases all doubt about him the next off-season and GB can plan accordingly. Too bad he didn't come out 3 years ago and simply say he would fulfill his contract instead of the yearly Favre Watch, but it is what it is and #4 has EARNED the right to do whatever he wants to do with his career.

Ryan Diesel
07-09-2008, 03:06 PM
He's been sitting there pouting for a couple years anyway, whats the difference? He's not going to go bad, if anything he'd get better.

Ryan Diesel
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Apology for Rodgers? Training camp hasn't even started lol Rodgers isn't even the starter yet, he might get hurt in training camp for all we know. Rodgers should give Packer fans an apology for telling us to shut our mouths. Maybe he should maybe win a game before he starts calling out the fans.

XJW18
07-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Apology for Rodgers? Training camp hasn't even started lol Rodgers isn't even the starter yet, he might get hurt in training camp for all we know. Rodgers should give Packer fans an apology for telling us to shut our mouths. Maybe he should maybe win a game before he starts calling out the fans.

Aaron has been the starting QB since Favre retired!

hughest4
07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
He's been sitting there pouting for a couple years anyway, whats the difference? He's not going to go bad, if anything he'd get better.

Haha, he most likely is not going to willing to ride the bench again. He has been waiting patiently for 3 years to get his shot and i doubt he wants to wait any longer then that. Unfortunately for him there seems like that could be the case if Favre comes back.

mr. burns
07-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm a huge favre fan, but if he wants to come back the packers should make him commit to two more seasons. The organization need to plan more than 16 games in advance. While it seems odd to think of Favre in any other uniform, in some ways it would be alright. If he played for some team like Baltimore (any team not in our division). It would kind of be win/win. I'd have another must see game every week. I would root for him to win, but if he plays poorly he wouldn't be tarnishing his packer days. If he plays great for a couple of seasons he puts his records out of reach for even manning. No matter what happens, he'll always be remembered as a packer. Maybe favre can do one more favor for green bay and get them a 2nd or 3rd round pick as he leaves.

basketball3553
07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
keep rodgers just in case favre comes back cause of the madden curse

socalpkrbkr
07-09-2008, 04:41 PM
keep rodgers just in case favre comes back cause of the madden curse

Yikes! I haven't thought about that at all. I don't believe in that sort of stuff but.......

packers12to88
11-26-2010, 12:30 AM
hahahah wow, that was interesting to read. glad we didnt trade him..

iam brett favre
11-26-2010, 12:33 AM
I thought this thread was made today..:speechless:

StickyGreenFan
11-26-2010, 01:15 AM
I thought this thread was made today..:speechless:

me 2 Lol what the hell brought this thread back up? i dont even remember this being made!

packers12to88
11-26-2010, 01:37 AM
me 2 Lol what the hell brought this thread back up? i dont even remember this being made!

i was bored and going through really old theards, and found this ahha!

Norm
11-26-2010, 01:42 AM
I love how that dude was railing about how we couldn't get a 3rd for Rodgers.

But we got a 3rd for BF. haha.

Yeah old *** men are way more valuable.

wissportsfan
11-26-2010, 02:24 AM
I love how that dude was railing about how we couldn't get a 3rd for Rodgers.

But we got a 3rd for BF. haha.

Yeah old *** men are way more valuable.

Yeah that is pretty funny. But I think this was right after Favre left and Rodgers didn't play at all so it probably would've been tough at that time. It's funny to think about that now.

crewfan13
11-26-2010, 04:07 AM
I thought this was made today too and I was thinking "oh boy this is gonna get ugly and personal." Fortunately I was wrong.

That being said, what do you fellas think Matty Flynn's trade value is?

bopll
11-26-2010, 05:19 AM
i thought those same things... but what surprised me even more was socal's response.

Rtardz
11-26-2010, 08:11 AM
This thread was an absolute EPIC FAIL. I thought this thread was made today as well. I was about to flip my lid.