PDA

View Full Version : Tito trinindad vs De La hoya (2) its offical

jason17
07-07-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/benz/DHBenz070408.htm

Looks like De La hoya really wants to rematch with Tito for 10 years ago,so i'll bet my money that this is gonna be an great rematch and that Tito will beat De La hoya.

G2BOAT
07-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Wow, Tito finally accepted the rematch. This should be a good fight, too bad it wasn't 5 or 6 years ago, but hey better late than never. I think De La Hoya is going to beat him. He was robbed the first fight and I think he'll beat him convincingly this time around.

t-mac1nukka
07-07-2008, 11:08 PM
i thought de la hoya wanted his last fight to be cotto?

Sports Illustrator
07-08-2008, 01:17 AM
I have mixed feelings about this. Yes its great to see them fight again, but both fighters are not the same fighters they once were a few years ago, they are past their prime at this point.

I'm still hoping to see a great fight though, regardless if they aren't as good as they were a few years ago. The media will certainly hype it up though and make it like a really big thing. I, myself, cannot wait to see this fight.

Baseball man
07-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I have mixed feelings about this. Yes its great to see them fight again, but both fighters are not the same fighters they once were a few years ago, they are past their prime at this point.

I'm still hoping to see a great fight though, regardless if they aren't as good as they were a few years ago. The media will certainly hype it up though and make it like a really big thing. I, myself, cannot wait to see this fight.

That's what I'm thinking too, but this is a nice consolation (SP) prize. I think De La Hoya would have beaten down Mayweather if they fought again.

t-mac1nukka
07-09-2008, 07:57 PM
ya cause mayweather has shown throughout his career how easy it is to beat him down. :rolleyes:

whereas mayweather is still in his prime hoya is far from it. mayweather would of won easier than last time.

TheRedMarauder
07-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Two over the hill fighters. Not really looking forward to this.

Baseball man
07-10-2008, 03:59 AM
ya cause mayweather has shown throughout his career how easy it is to beat him down. :rolleyes:

whereas mayweather is still in his prime hoya is far from it. mayweather would of won easier than last time.

Mayweather knows he would have lost to De La Hoya, that's why he retired. Also, Cotto would have beaten him down, but Mayweather didn't want to fight somebody in his own class. Mayweather picks and chooses and he has fighters come to him. He's a *****.

t-mac1nukka
07-10-2008, 11:24 AM
you have no evidence to back that up. he beat him last time, and has NEVER been close to getting beat down. you saying he would get beat down means nothing!! the man is a champ in like 5 different weight classes. he wasnt given those belts. he had to take them from champs. so he might have a hand in who he fights now days, he hasnt always got to pick who has the belt when he decided to go whoop up on em. 38-0 without ever being in trouble...ya hes such a *****!! gtfo of here

TheRedMarauder
07-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Mayweather knows he would have lost to De La Hoya, that's why he retired. Also, Cotto would have beaten him down, but Mayweather didn't want to fight somebody in his own class. Mayweather picks and chooses and he has fighters come to him. He's a *****.

He had already beaten De La Hoya once and would have done so again. Cotto against Floyd would have been weird, as they both have a similar style, and probably a very boring fight.

G2BOAT
07-10-2008, 07:01 PM
It would have been interesting to see De La Hoya and Mayweather fight again, both are smart fighters would would have made adjustments from their last fight. I do think though Mayweather would have won another decision.

GIANTS15
07-10-2008, 07:07 PM
was in the house for the 1st fight and can say trinadad was thrown off his game plan his camp expected the golden girl to trade blows with him only to witness de la hoya jab and run and steal rounds wih his patent blur of punches (with half not landing) in the last 10 seconds of the each round ...de la hoya did nothing special to win that fight ...what weight is this gonna take place at? cause if its at 160 or more trinadad has this on lock for sure.

oh and for the person who said they thought cotto was gonna be de la hoyas last fight...its not ...de la hoya has had several rumored talks to fight his last fight on may 2 of next year the saturday before cinco de mayo vs julio cesar chavez jr...the kid wants de la hoya bad per the rumor and kinda a passing of the torch kinda like chavez sr did for de la hoya....saw the story on espn

Jimi032890
07-10-2008, 07:09 PM
should be a good fight. still wanna see pretty boy/cotto or hatton/cotto or judah take on another big name.

anyone know when the next contender season is?

GIANTS15
07-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Wow, Tito finally accepted the rematch. This should be a good fight, too bad it wasn't 5 or 6 years ago, but hey better late than never. I think De La Hoya is going to beat him. He was robbed the first fight and I think he'll beat him convincingly this time around.

trinadad never ducked him...it is well known de la hoya who married a puerto rican pop star/model/actress and now lives in puerto rico made a promise to never fight a PR boxer again to his wife...he said it in a interview on hbo little show they did to pump up thr de la hoya mayweather fight.....i was shocked 1st off becuse i didnt know he now lived and trained in PR.

i guess the money beat out his promise to his wife.....

G2BOAT
07-10-2008, 07:14 PM
was in the house for the 1st fight and can say trinadad was thrown off his game plan his camp expected the golden girl to trade blows with him only to witness de la hoya jab and run and steal rounds wih his patent blur of punches (with half not landing) in the last 10 seconds of the each round ...de la hoya did nothing special to win that fight ...what weight is this gonna take place at? cause if its at 160 or more trinadad has this on lock for sure.

oh and for the person who said they thought cotto was gonna be de la hoyas last fight...its not ...de la hoya has had several rumored talks to fight his last fight on may 2 of next year the saturday before cinco de mayo vs julio cesar chavez jr...the kid wants de la hoya bad per the rumor and kinda a passing of the torch kinda like chavez sr did for de la hoya....saw the story on espn

I can't find the exact weight, but my guess would be at 154. That would be inbetween what the fighters would want.

G2BOAT
07-10-2008, 07:23 PM
should be a good fight. still wanna see pretty boy/cotto or hatton/cotto or judah take on another big name.

anyone know when the next contender season is?

"The Contender" will make its fourth-season debut on Versus in December with the first of 11 one-hour episodes followed by a two-hour season finale to crown the tournament winner.

Baseball man
07-11-2008, 01:51 AM
you have no evidence to back that up. he beat him last time, and has NEVER been close to getting beat down. you saying he would get beat down means nothing!! the man is a champ in like 5 different weight classes. he wasnt given those belts. he had to take them from champs. so he might have a hand in who he fights now days, he hasnt always got to pick who has the belt when he decided to go whoop up on em. 38-0 without ever being in trouble...ya hes such a *****!! gtfo of here

LMAO calm down son just because I make an opinion doesn't make you right either. The fights that he should have lost. De La Hoya, and Jose Luis Castillo 1 and Jose Luis Castillo 2. He should definatly have 3 losses.

Jimi032890
07-11-2008, 04:43 PM
"The Contender" will make its fourth-season debut on Versus in December with the first of 11 one-hour episodes followed by a two-hour season finale to crown the tournament winner.

no more espn?

G2BOAT
07-11-2008, 05:55 PM
no more espn?

Naw It got canceled after the third season ended, but the VS channel picked it up and The Contender, Season 4, will be shown on that channel in December.

t-mac1nukka
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
LMAO calm down son just because I make an opinion doesn't make you right either. The fights that he should have lost. De La Hoya, and Jose Luis Castillo 1 and Jose Luis Castillo 2. He should definatly have 3 losses.

the difference is you have no evidence to back up anything you say, where in my statements i have backup. that makes mine more credible. as for his "three losses" you can just keep thinking that if that will help you sleep, but fact is hes undefeated.

TheRedMarauder
07-11-2008, 09:50 PM

I'm taking it you're a diehard Oscar fan because Floyd won that fighht pretty clearly. I saw it pretty much like the judges cards saw it, about 4-5 points in favor of Floys, and pretty much all boxing experts saw Floyd winning.

LosAngeleros
07-13-2008, 05:21 PM
De La Hoya gets robbed in his fights, Trindad?, Mosley?, Mayweather(should have been a draw because DLH pressured and Mayweather ran so neither did anything) but i know he wants to destroy Trinidad and if this fight is for real he will KO him. But not the fight i want to see, Cotto vs DLH is the one!

GIANTS15
07-14-2008, 07:37 PM
De La Hoya gets robbed in his fights, Trindad?, Mosley?, Mayweather(should have been a draw because DLH pressured and Mayweather ran so neither did anything) but i know he wants to destroy Trinidad and if this fight is for real he will KO him. But not the fight i want to see, Cotto vs DLH is the one!

plzzzzzzzzz DLH couldnt knock out Tito thats why he ran ..he knew then like he knows now he can ot trade punches with Tito.... and Cotto would kill him....in slugfest DLH is out of his element ...in a tactical boxing match with his jab versus those guys he winsss...but we dont watch boxing for tactical shows i watch it for knock outs and slugfests!!! :clap:

LosAngeleros
07-14-2008, 11:43 PM
giants ill respect your opinion but to say DLH didnt DESTROY Trinidad in every way is just dumb. DLH did run the last three rounds and i do put blame on him but he ran because he won round 1-9. As for the KO thats what im hoping happens, as we all know Trinidad will have NO chance against DLH. and yea Cotto would probably win but at least DLH will throw putasos with him uinlike other boxers. So like i said thats the fight i want to see, i never said DLH would win but i would go for him obviously.

NDP1981
07-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Mayweather knows he would have lost to De La Hoya, that's why he retired

I hate Mayweather with a passion, But I'm also in touch with reality. Please explain to what you exactly seen in the first fight to justify anything different the second time around?

NDP1981
07-15-2008, 12:55 AM
I believe Tito would actually knock out De La Hoya this time around. De La Hoya doesn't move around like he use to. He will not be able to run as much, De La hoya hasn't been a puncher since his days at 147 and its not like he was Tyson back then either. Trinidad is the bigger man and De La Hoya does not have the defense of Winky, Speed of Jones, nor the Awkward style of Hopkins.

G2BOAT
07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I believe Tito would actually knock out De La Hoya this time around. De La Hoya doesn't move around like he use to. He will not be able to run as much, De La hoya hasn't been a puncher since his days at 147 and its not like he was Tyson back then either. Trinidad is the bigger man and De La Hoya does not have the defense of Winky, Speed of Jones, nor the Awkward style of Hopkins.

I highly doubt Tito KO's De La Hoya. De La Hoya I think has only been on the mat 1 time in his career and that was a knockout to Hopkins. No way Tito does that to De La Hoya. I see De La Hoya winning a UND over Tito.

Baseball man
07-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I highly doubt Tito KO's De La Hoya. De La Hoya I think has only been on the mat 1 time in his career and that was a knockout to Hopkins. No way Tito does that to De La Hoya. I see De La Hoya winning a UND over Tito.

Agree there is NO CHANCE Tito knocks out De La Hoya. Tito is way to old to be KO anybody ESPECIALLY! De La Hoya has a strong chin and he will be looking for blood against Tito. De La Hoya was ROBBED!!!!!!

LosAngeleros
07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
NDP, DLH is not what he use to be but hes alot better than Trinidad. Trinidad has feel off alot more than Oscar. G2BOAT, i think DLH went down against Whitaker or Quartey but he did win.

GIANTS15
07-16-2008, 02:21 PM
giants ill respect your opinion but to say DLH didnt DESTROY Trinidad in every way is just dumb. DLH did run the last three rounds and i do put blame on him but he ran because he won round 1-9. As for the KO thats what im hoping happens, as we all know Trinidad will have NO chance against DLH. and yea Cotto would probably win but at least DLH will throw putasos with him uinlike other boxers. So like i said thats the fight i want to see, i never said DLH would win but i would go for him obviously.

fk i like you man you are the 1st user ive ever seen use the word "putasos" like my uncles ...:clap:

but in a toe to toe, stand in the middle, trade "putasos" fight Trinadad would whoopop DLH and it wouldnt be pretty!...in a tactical boxing match DLH would win....:clap:

GIANTS15
07-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Agree there is NO CHANCE Tito knocks out De La Hoya. Tito is way to old to be KO anybody ESPECIALLY! De La Hoya has a strong chin and he will be looking for blood against Tito. De La Hoya was ROBBED!!!!!!

haha a boxer never losses his punching power !!! every fight expert says that...if they stood toe to toe trinadad would knock DLH out eventually guys ...hahaha sorry !

i

GIANTS15
07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
NDP, DLH is not what he use to be but hes alot better than Trinidad. Trinidad has feel off alot more than Oscar. G2BOAT, i think DLH went down against Whitaker or Quartey but he did win.

could that be because Trinadad has taken longer breaks from boxing and training and moved up to larger weight classes than DLH??

DLH has been more active since the fought...way more active

jetsRsnitchaz
07-17-2008, 11:28 AM
:(
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/benz/DHBenz070408.htm

Looks like De La hoya really wants to rematch with Tito for 10 years ago,so i'll bet my money that this is gonna be an great rematch and that Tito will beat De La hoya.

haha, thats a joke. trinidad is terrible right now. he's always sucked. always overweight and flabby. de la hoya dominated the first fight and got robbed. OSCAR WILL KNOCK HIM THE ******* OUT.

that sucks, no parade in puerto rico!

NDP1981
07-17-2008, 08:59 PM
:(

haha, thats a joke. trinidad is terrible right now. he's always sucked. always overweight and flabby. de la hoya dominated the first fight and got robbed. OSCAR WILL KNOCK HIM THE ******* OUT.

that sucks, no parade in puerto rico!

I truly believe that Tito would knock out De La Hoya, here is why:

Trinidad's 3 losses have come against Winky Wright,Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. All three of those fighters pose the WORST fighting styles for him. All of them are fast,crafty and much bigger than him, say what you will about Jones Jr. but he was a heavyweight at one point! Tito should have never fought past 154 period. When he fought 154 and below he was a monster. One fighter that really took it too him was De La Hoya, but De La Hoya's best weapon in that fight was his speed, footwork and defense. Has anyone seen De La Hoya fight the last 6 years? The guy just comes forward now he lost everything that gave Tito trouble in the first fight. Tito has not lost any power, punchers don't lose it. If De La Hoya can't move than it means both of them toe to toe and De La Hoya cannot take his punches. De la Hoya got knocked out faster against Hopkins. De La Hoya is just not big enough, when guys get older they slow down and more than not the bigger puncher wins. I think Trinidad's demise is extremely exaggerated, he has not fought anyone really his size in years (Winky was always a huge 154 lb and they fought at 160) I guess we will just have to wait and see, just don't be too surprised to see DLH TKO'd.

GIANTS15
07-18-2008, 01:44 AM

Trinidad's 3 losses have come against Winky Wright,Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. All three of those fighters pose the WORST fighting styles for him. All of them are fast,crafty and much bigger than him, say what you will about Jones Jr. but he was a heavyweight at one point! Tito should have never fought past 154 period. When he fought 154 and below he was a monster. One fighter that really took it too him was De La Hoya, but De La Hoya's best weapon in that fight was his speed, footwork and defense. Has anyone seen De La Hoya fight the last 6 years? The guy just comes forward now he lost everything that gave Tito trouble in the first fight. Tito has not lost any power, punchers don't lose it. If De La Hoya can't move than it means both of them toe to toe and De La Hoya cannot take his punches. De la Hoya got knocked out faster against Hopkins. De La Hoya is just not big enough, when guys get older they slow down and more than not the bigger puncher wins. I think Trinidad's demise is extremely exaggerated, he has not fought anyone really his size in years (Winky was always a huge 154 lb and they fought at 160) I guess we will just have to wait and see, just don't be too surprised to see DLH TKO'd.

thank you ...couldnt have said it better!!! especially like the part where we agree that Punchers never loose their POWER like on person claimed its a fact go ask anyone associated with Boxing Writers,Boxers,Trainers,Analysts they will all tell you the same...:clap:

jetsRsnitchaz
07-18-2008, 10:05 AM

im sure they'll both trade, but de la hoyas defense has tightened up so much. everything is off the gloves. he still has great footwork, though hes not as fast as he was, but neither is trinidad. tito was never fast. dlh still has one of the best jabs in the sport and he puts together punches with the best. dlh will outclass him. DLH TKO BY 8

jetsRsnitchaz
07-18-2008, 10:07 AM
thank you ...couldnt have said it better!!! especially like the part where we agree that Punchers never loose their POWER like on person claimed its a fact go ask anyone associated with Boxing Writers,Boxers,Trainers,Analysts they will all tell you the same...:clap:

power is nothing if u cant land it. tito will look like damon wayans by weigh-in

NDP1981
07-18-2008, 11:32 AM
im sure they'll both trade, but de la hoyas defense has tightened up so much. everything is off the gloves. he still has great footwork, though hes not as fast as he was, but neither is trinidad. tito was never fast. dlh still has one of the best jabs in the sport and he puts together punches with the best. dlh will outclass him. DLH TKO BY 8

Which fight has De La Hoya done such?

Forbes? Washed up smaller man took him 12 rounds.
Mayweather? Smaller man outboxed him, DLH followed him around the ring.
Mayorga? Trinidad exposed him before DLH got to him.
Hopkins? DLH was ko'd by 9th.
Strum? DLH Took a beating and clearly lost.
Mosley? Beat again by a smaller man with no punch that is washed up.
Campas? Club fighter with a pretty record.
Vargas? DLH layed on the ropes, outlasted the tired Vargas.
Castillejo Washed up fighter took DLH 12.
Gatti? Gatti was way too small and long washed up.

You have to go back to DLH's first fight with Mosley in 2000
to recall the last time DLH fought someone where he actually boxed some and didn't just come forward. Oh and he still lost that fight.Everyone of the fights up there DLH ploded forward and layed on the ropes by choice at times during the fight. He cannot lay on the ropes against Tito.

But again like I said we will just have to wait and see.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
I think DLH wins the rematch. I think Tito has gone down hill a lot. Years ago he was amazing though. I loved that he always came to fight not run!

In regards to Mayweather and DLH the scoring of the fight was probably fair and Mayweather did win on the scoring cards.

Mayweather out pointed DLH but did Mayweather beat DLH up?

Did Mayweather look to make it a real fight and exchange punchs?

In a rematch I think DLH would have been even more aggressive and gone for broke. I think DLH had a 50-50 chance to win the rematch with Roger

cambovenzi
07-18-2008, 02:56 PM
DLH probably wins, but it proves diddly.

LosAngeleros
07-18-2008, 11:06 PM
NDP, has DLH ever won a fight in your eyes? for real give him some credit, hes the best boxer of this generation(record wont say it, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$ will).

t-mac1nukka
07-18-2008, 11:45 PM
hahahahaha so making the most money makes you the best boxer?!?!?! winning fights is no longer important i guess.

NDP1981
07-18-2008, 11:55 PM
NDP, has DLH ever won a fight in your eyes? for real give him some credit, hes the best boxer of this generation(record wont say it, but $$$$$$$$$$$$$ will).

De La Hoya was a hell of a fighter pre 2000. Ever since he beat Trinidad I feel he has been on the downside of his career. He isn't the same anymore and hasn't been for years. He will go down as one of the greats but just because he kicked *** in the 90's doesn't make him the same fighter today.

LosAngeleros
07-20-2008, 01:43 PM
t-mac, your just looking at these last couple years(questionable decisions?), like NDP said he was a GREAT fighter in the 90's so you have to take that into consideration and the fact that he can STILL sell more than any fighter makes him the best fighter of our generation. you can name any fighter if you dont agree? PLEASE DONT SAY Mayweather hahaha.

jetsRsnitchaz
07-22-2008, 03:41 PM
i wish it would be cotto- de la hoya, but either way trinidad or cotto would get knocked out. both are so OVERRATED. neither of them have a chin. but i'll give it to cotto, he can hit and he has a lot of heart.

G2BOAT
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
i wish it would be cotto- de la hoya, but either way trinidad or cotto would get knocked out. both are so OVERRATED. neither of them have a chin. but i'll give it to cotto, he can hit and he has a lot of heart.

You think De La Hoya would knockout Cotto? That's a bold statement. I don't think Margarito will knockout Cotto and Margarito has more punching power than De La Hoya. I can see De La Hoya knocking out Tito, but not Cotto.

jetsRsnitchaz
07-23-2008, 09:14 AM
You think De La Hoya would knockout Cotto? That's a bold statement. I don't think Margarito will knockout Cotto and Margarito has more punching power than De La Hoya. I can see De La Hoya knocking out Tito, but not Cotto.

Cotto should have been beat awhile back. by who? yea demarcus corley. corley doesn't know how to finish a fight. dlh is 20 times the fighter corley is. if cotto gets hurt, he's done. people rave about cotto, but he hasnt fought anybody yet. he beat mosley hands down, but it wouldnt have happened in his prime. dlh ko9

Mil Mascaras
07-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Definitely agree a 25 year old Mosely would have handled Cotto. Tough to say about Oscar knocking him out. Seems like you never know what you're going to get out of DLH these days - he changes trainers, styles and strategies so much, I believe they are the causes of the losses he's had - for the most part.

G2BOAT
07-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Cotto should have been beat awhile back. by who? yea demarcus corley. corley doesn't know how to finish a fight. dlh is 20 times the fighter corley is. if cotto gets hurt, he's done. people rave about cotto, but he hasnt fought anybody yet. he beat mosley hands down, but it wouldnt have happened in his prime. dlh ko9

That's when Cotto was fighting at 140, that's totally different. He struggled just to make weight and he still TKO'd Corley. Comparing Cotto at 140 to now at 147 is totally different.

Mosley in his prime probably would have beaten Cotto, but not now. De La Hoya probably would have beaten Cotto in his prime, but probably not now, especially by KO.

NDP1981
07-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Why is Oscar all of a sudden a KO artist? lol

xSolidx
07-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Im late on this, but is this really going to happen? Or is it just a rumor?

Cause i really havent heard anything about this

Ive been dying for these two to have a rematch

G2BOAT
07-27-2008, 12:56 AM
Im late on this, but is this really going to happen? Or is it just a rumor?

Cause i really havent heard anything about this

Ive been dying for these two to have a rematch

The fighters have not signed yet, but it is close to going down. There still trying to figure out what weight class there going to fight out. I doubt that they do though, because Tito has said he can't go down below 154 and De La Hoya doesn't want to fight above 154.

jetsRsnitchaz
07-27-2008, 12:33 PM

looks like you were wrong about last night.

jetsRsnitchaz
07-27-2008, 12:38 PM
That's when Cotto was fighting at 140, that's totally different. He struggled just to make weight and he still TKO'd Corley. Comparing Cotto at 140 to now at 147 is totally different.

Mosley in his prime probably would have beaten Cotto, but not now. De La Hoya probably would have beaten Cotto in his prime, but probably not now, especially by KO.

cotto has never fought anyone like de la hoya. yes his skills have somewhat diminished, like every other fighter would, but his boxing skills are still superior to cotto. cotto has no chin whatsoever, its just a matter of somebody finishing him off. margarito did it last night. one thing you can't question on cotto is his heart though. after being dazed and out of it, he was still trying to throw

G2BOAT
07-28-2008, 02:19 AM
cotto has never fought anyone like de la hoya. yes his skills have somewhat diminished, like every other fighter would, but his boxing skills are still superior to cotto. cotto has no chin whatsoever, its just a matter of somebody finishing him off. margarito did it last night. one thing you can't question on cotto is his heart though. after being dazed and out of it, he was still trying to throw

After watching last night, De La Hoya, prime or right now would beat Cotto. I was wrong you called it good job.

jetsRsnitchaz
07-28-2008, 03:21 PM
After watching last night, De La Hoya, prime or right now would beat Cotto. I was wrong you called it good job.

thanks man