PDA

View Full Version : Papi Taking Live Bp!

J-DAWGS SOX
07-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Papi Was Taking Live Bp Before The Sox/twins Game. I Dont Know About Everyone Else, But This Is Great To See And We Could Def. Use Him Soon. We Need That Clutch Bat In Tight Games.

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-07-2008, 08:09 PM
of course we can use him. Manny is in a slump, he always is better with the Big Fella infront of him. Congrats to Nancy Drew, keeping his bat alive all season. Keep it up JD.

lil'papi
07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
6 bombs is a rumor.....or is it? Ortiz cures some ills, but we got some other ills he can't fix.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/2008_07_08_Ortiz_cuts_in_on_BP:_Injured_DH_looks_g ood_in_cage/srvc=sox&position=4

Masterson to the pen in AAA, as I predicted. Buchholz up to pitch against the O's. They are lining up the staff for the second half.

Our time to shine.

RedSoxtober
07-08-2008, 08:51 AM
of course we can use him. Manny is in a slump, he always is better with the Big Fella infront of him. Congrats to Nancy Drew, keeping his bat alive all season. Keep it up JD.

I have never, ever heard someone suggest that you could hit better behind another great hitter. Rather it's always the protected batter (batting before someone) that is assumed to see hittable pitches and draw the benefit. You got some stats to suggest that's true?

6 bombs is a rumor.....or is it? Ortiz cures some ills, but we got some other ills he can't fix.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/2008_07_08_Ortiz_cuts_in_on_BP:_Injured_DH_looks_g ood_in_cage/srvc=sox&position=4

Masterson to the pen in AAA, as I predicted. Buchholz up to pitch against the O's. They are lining up the staff for the second half.

Our time to shine.

Plagarism! Eh, you can tell yourself that you called it if it makes you happy but we all know that you and Theo are following my lead. :p

I still am not in love with bringing Clay in for one start and then making him sit through the ASG and miss a start. I totally agree with the strategy (Clay in the rotation, Masterson in the BP), just not its implementation.

lil'papi
07-09-2008, 09:34 AM
^^ email Theo.....he isn't busy. :D

The all star break isn't a week long. He might be good with a extra rest period. Masterson needs some work in relief.....

BTW, when is the AAA all star game. He'd be sitting through that too. Not sure how they mesh..

Colon isn't ready.....not much else to do.

plagerism , theo emailed it to me? Maybe you aren't in the loop now? I'll tell him your pissed.... :D

lil'papi
07-09-2008, 09:37 AM
I have never, ever heard someone suggest that you could hit better behind another great hitter. Rather it's always the protected batter (batting before someone) that is assumed to see hittable pitches and draw the benefit. You got some stats to suggest that's true?

Manny hits better when he feels like it. After playing the statue of liberty in NY......it's never been more evident.

Ortiz hits better when they throw FB's dead red or in a little. For me its hogwash.....but if it makes 'em feel better. :eyebrow:

RedSoxtober
07-09-2008, 09:44 AM
The all star break isn't a week long. He might be good with a extra rest period. Masterson needs some work in relief.....

BTW, when is the AAA all star game. He'd be sitting through that too. Not sure how they mesh..

IL's all star game is the day after MLB. I thought they had one more week.

And sure, the break is only three days, but Buchholz's start would be on Wed (the day-after travel day) and he'll just get skipped once they reshuffle the rotation for the second half. The rest might help him but I'm just more concerned that it took him a while to get back on track and skipping a start might mess up the rhythm.

lil'papi
07-09-2008, 09:48 AM
No it's simply more how he slots his arm getting consistent with it. Sounds like he has , looks like he found it.
No worries.....

Lets see how they slot guys after the break they might just give Lester a break . 125 innings pitched.....he might be due for a nap.

RedSoxtober
07-10-2008, 08:53 AM
No it's simply more how he slots his arm getting consistent with it. Sounds like he has , looks like he found it.
No worries.....

I understand. But as a coach (soccer) I also know how important it is to keep the reps high on different activities to keep the "muscle memory" fresh. He lost the arm slot over the winter and I'm slightly concerned about him regressing with too much time off.

lil'papi
07-10-2008, 09:17 AM
Last game out he lost the arm slot? oops...... BTW, he has no muscle. :D