PDA

View Full Version : Trade projections

sleewizard
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Project some of the trades you think will go down at this year Trade Deadline...
Include the specific prospects you think will be dealt...

Joba Rules!!
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I have no idea what they'll give but the Yanks will get Fuentes.

Johan=LightsOut
07-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Mets Get:
OF Xavier Nady

Pirates Get:
Rhp Aaron Heilman
1b, OF Nick Evans
3b Dan Murphy

Halladay
07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
AJ Burnett for JJ Hardy.

I smell my bat
07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Mets Get:
OF Xavier Nady

Pirates Get:
Rhp Aaron Heilman
1b, OF Nick Evans
3b Dan Murphy

You get no playoffs. Bet you could use Carlos Gomez right now. lol.

johnnylee722
07-07-2008, 03:46 PM

We could use Johan more lol

PapelbonLester
07-07-2008, 03:49 PM

my as well start wipin his as.s. yu clearly are on some type of calos gomez drug.

Halladay
07-07-2008, 03:57 PM
my as well start wipin his as.s. yu clearly are on some type of calos gomez drug.

Stop trolling.

homestarunner93
07-07-2008, 04:00 PM
AJ Burnett for JJ Hardy.

The Cubs would give you more for Burnett than that.

Ragun
07-07-2008, 04:00 PM
AJ Burnett for JJ Hardy.

We can dream man...haha

BriereIsDaBest
07-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Phillies Get:
Erik Bedard

Mariners Get:
Carlos Carrasco
Greg Golson
J.A. Happ

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM

.269/.305/.374 I wish I had that right now.:rolleyes:

Halladay
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
The Cubs would give you more for Burnett than that.

Yeah but we need a SS bad. Cedeno isnt enough IMO...I dont know anything about the Cubs farm system either.

I smell my bat
07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
my as well start wipin his as.s. yu clearly are on some type of calos gomez drug. I am and it is fantastic, and yes I have met him.

Twins Fan 7
07-07-2008, 04:26 PM

Why? Do they need more strikeouts?

Brendan
07-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Im curious as to what the O's do at the deadline. They have lots of guys they could deal like Sherrill, Roberts, Huff. Could be interesting as to what they do

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Phillies Get:
Erik Bedard

Mariners Get:
Carlos Carrasco
Greg Golson
J.A. Happ

IMO, the Mariners are going to hold onto Bedard, just because if they traded him now they would get nowhere near the price they paid to acquire him.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Im curious as to what the O's do at the deadline. They have lots of guys they could deal like Sherrill, Roberts, Huff. Could be interesting as to what they do

If I were the O's I would continue to sell. I bet a team would pay a lot for Huff with the season he is having. The Mets, Yankees, Red Sox(if Ortiz isn't healthy) both L.A. teams and the A's would be teams interested.

I smell my bat
07-07-2008, 04:30 PM

Him and Reyes batting next to each other would create a lot of runs and thats clearly what they need.

Brendan
07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I agree but the O's are only like 5 games out of the wild card and Trembley and our FO really likes this team. They could just hold onto everyone and take a run at the wild card. I think trading Roberts or Sherril wouldnt be smart but i think we could get alot for Huff. He is ridiculously hot right now. And im stil SO pissed he didnt make the all-star game

I smell my bat
07-07-2008, 04:32 PM
We could use Johan more lol

He clearly is not pitching as well for you as he did with us, what is he like 7-7.

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
07-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Him and Reyes batting next to each other would create a lot of runs and thats clearly what they need.

No, what the Mets need is a big bat that can hit with RISP. Right now, Gomez is not that good of a player. I think he will be good in the future, but right now, he is not what the Mets need.

kyubi256
07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
He clearly is not pitching as well for you as he did with us, what is he like 7-7.

b/c of our bad offense... we are 0-6 in his last 6 starts and his ERA at that span is 2.68 or something...

I smell my bat
07-07-2008, 04:39 PM
b/c of our bad offense... we are 0-6 in his last 6 starts and his ERA at that span is 2.68 or something...

Like I said you need runs. Gomez leads the league in infield hits gets on base and creates runs. Him with Reyes would be nuts.

ShinobiNYC

He is pitching better with the mets actually, he never had that low an era this soon in his career.

I smell my bat

I'll quote myself.

I smell my bat
07-07-2008, 04:41 PM
He is pitching better with the mets actually, he never had that low an era this soon in his career.

Is he on the All-Star team?????????

Ph1lly Diehard
07-07-2008, 04:41 PM
IMO, the Mariners are going to hold onto Bedard, just because if they traded him now they would get nowhere near the price they paid to acquire him.

I have a good feeling were going to get him.

Orr..

Phillies Recieve: Brian Fuentes

Rockies Recieve: Greg Golston, J.A. Happ

kyubi256
07-07-2008, 04:43 PM
well we needed an ace more and i'd still rather have Johan...

I would love to have Gomez + Reyes 1-2 but i am fine with Reyes + Chavez/Castillo 1-2

cause i like our #1

REGular
07-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I have a good feeling were going to get him.

Orr..

Phillies Recieve: Brian Fuentes

Rockies Recieve: Greg Golston, J.A. Happ

Do the Phillies need a set-up man that badly?

I smell my bat
07-07-2008, 04:49 PM
well we needed an ace more and i'd still rather have Johan...

I would love to have Gomez + Reyes 1-2 but i am fine with Reyes + Chavez/Castillo 1-2

cause i like our #1

I'd still like to have Johan too but what we got for him I can definately live with, especially when this Guerra kid comes up. Twins won 50 games so far how about you?

FriarFanatic
07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
i think that the padres will have a complete firesale dont know what we'll get in return but we will trade alot of our guys

FriarFanatic
07-07-2008, 04:53 PM
and we especially need a SS and a RF

ShinobiNYC
07-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Is he on the All-Star team?????????

What does that have to do with him pitching well? The only reason he is not in it is because he is a 7-7 record because of horrible run support.

dbow2019
07-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Do the Phillies need a set-up man that badly?

we need another lefty in the pen to compliment romero...and yes we absolutely do, right now our setup man is tom gordon, and he might be the worst setup man in the world

Sc00py
07-07-2008, 04:58 PM
watching Carlos Gomez try and hit is painful. Imagine how bad his average would be if he weren't fast enough to leg out all those infield hits.

Gomez and Reyes would hit next to each other, but it wouldn't be in the 1 and 2 slots right now. Gomez would hit 9th in that order.

Sc00py
07-07-2008, 04:59 PM
we need another lefty in the pen to compliment romero...and yes we absolutely do, right now our setup man is tom gordon, and he might be the worst setup man in the world

The Red Sox setup-man-by-committee is definitly the worst in baseball. They need to pull the trigger on at least Fuentes.

FriarFanatic
07-07-2008, 05:04 PM
i think that the padres will trade wolf for sure probly to the cubbies and then maybe maddux among other players that we dump for prospects

Bulldog76
07-07-2008, 05:19 PM

These comebacks are about as fresh as my mother's deusche bag...

Seriously, the Mets need to get rid of Alou, Pedro and the other old has-beens and try to develop some chemistry and balance in their lineup... Is Gomez good, yes, is he as good as Johan Santana...HEEEEAAALLL NO!

And Johan has pitched well enough this year, but is getting zero run support...

Who do the mets have at 2b ???

Anybody want Juan Uribe?

TheShock45
07-07-2008, 05:41 PM
i think the phillies are gonna make the same kind of moves like last year

mid level prospects for random verterans
last year matt maloney for kyle lohse
michael dubee for Tad Iguchi

my predictions this year
Shane victorino and brad harman for AJ Burnett
Random Minor Leaguer for Randy Wolf
Random Minor Leaguer for Casey Blake

and withWerth moving to full time center my thoughts are
Solid Minor Leaguer for an Xavier nady type player to be in right field

The A Team
07-07-2008, 05:53 PM

You're logic is fuzzy...the Mariners may very well hang onto Bedard, but it will have absolutely nothing to do with what they dealt for him. That's already a sunk cost.

Commit2theCub
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
A's get:
SS-Ronny Cedeno
SP-Sean Gallagher
OF-Matt Murton
Cash

Cubs get:
SP-Rich Harden

or

Blue Jays get:
SS-Ronny Cedeno (looking for S.S.) Far out of AL East race
OF-Matt Murton
SP-Jason Marquis (expiring contract)

Cubs get:
A.J. Burnett
PTBNL

Dodgers get:
S.S.-Ronny Cedeno (Furcal out for 6-8 wks)
Cash

Cubs get:
CF-Juan Pierre (Another option in CF, speed on basepaths, playoff experience)
I know we just traded him away, but the Soriano CF experiment didn't work.

Braves get:
OF-Matt Murton
SP-Sean Gallagher
RP-Jose Ceda
Cash

Cubs get:
SP-Tim Hudson

Padres get:
Cubs entire farm system

Cubs get:
SP-Jake Peavy

FriarFanatic
07-07-2008, 06:36 PM
those three arent gunna get a harden deal done

CiscoKid
07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
A's get:
SS-Ronny Cedeno
SP-Sean Gallagher
OF-Matt Murton
Cash

Cubs get:
SP-Rich Harden
or

Blue Jays get:
SS-Ronny Cedeno (looking for S.S.) Far out of AL East race
OF-Matt Murton
SP-Jason Marquis (expiring contract)

Cubs get:
A.J. Burnett
PTBNL

Dodgers get:
S.S.-Ronny Cedeno (Furcal out for 6-8 wks)
Cash

Cubs get:
CF-Juan Pierre (Another option in CF, speed on basepaths, playoff experience)
I know we just traded him away, but the Soriano CF experiment didn't work.

Braves get:
OF-Matt Murton
SP-Sean Gallagher
RP-Jose Ceda
Cash

Cubs get:
SP-Tim Hudson

Padres get:
Cubs entire farm system

Cubs get:
SP-Jake Peavy

Add Vitters to that and maybe!

The Schmooze
07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
I'd still like to have Johan too but what we got for him I can definately live with, especially when this Guerra kid comes up. Twins won 50 games so far how about you?

I agree I think this kid Guerra is gonna be the best out of all of them...

...and I would guess the Mariners are going to be big sellers this year

Sick Of It All
07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Mets will get Nady and over pay for him.

Wrightw/Reyes19
07-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd wait to see if Alou can actually stay healthy for a game before sayin the mets would overpay for Nady. With the way Manuel is keeping keeping these guys fresh, Alou could keep healthy and we wouldnt really need Nady as much.

Swish-Cab-Ob
07-07-2008, 08:03 PM

I still bet you could use Johan more for this season.

Tkais9009
07-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Cards get Brain Roberts

O's get Bryan Anderson, Anthony Reyes, Mike Parisi, and a low level prospect

chicagofan71
07-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Cubs Get: Randy Wolf

Padres Get: Matt Murton

****ty, I know but it'll happen.

If Edmonds gets hurt:

Cubs Get: Randy Wolf and Brian Giles

Padres Get: Matt Murton and Kevin Hart

Cubs Get: Rich Harden

A;s Get: Josh Vitters, Tony Thomas, Sean Gallagher and Jose Ceda

EDIT: Then if the cubs don't get Giles, IMO there'd be a Frew Lewis move

Tkais9009
07-07-2008, 11:18 PM
the padres said it will take a lot to get Giles.

idk why though. hes decent but not exceptional.... but whatev

CY24
07-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Braves get: Hudson, Tracy and Owings

Dbacks get: Texiera and Todd Redmond (AA)

jmtapia
07-08-2008, 01:41 AM
Braves get: Hudson, Tracy and Owings

Dbacks get: Texiera and Todd Redmond (AA)

No on Hudson Braves have KJ...
No on Tracy he is just average...
Owings isnt anything special.

When the Braves trade Tex. it will be for some young specs, maybe one MLB ready talent, but with much higher ceilings then the mentioned above.

I think Braves trade with Rays (after we talk w/ BoSox and Yanks).

Rays get: Tex and Ohman

Braves get: Wade Davis, Desmond Jennings and Niemman.

viktor06
07-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Mets get - Jason Bay
Pirates get - Fernando Martinez, Bobby Parnell, Aaron Heilman

Dodgers get - Jack Wilson and cash
Pirates get - Matt Kemp

sportwiz628
07-08-2008, 07:59 AM
Phillies Get:
Erik Bedard

Mariners Get:
Carlos Carrasco
Greg Golson
J.A. Happ

:laugh2:

sportwiz628
07-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Mets get - Jason Bay

Pirates get - Matt Kemp

That trade was on mlbtraderumors and i really havent paid attention to those two players that much but i dont see how the dodgers win this deal at all.I wont give up martinez for bay Im sorry i would rather have nady for cheaper.

viktor06
07-08-2008, 08:18 AM
That trade was on mlbtraderumors and i really havent paid attention to those two players that much but i dont see how the dodgers win this deal at all.I wont give up martinez for bay Im sorry i would rather have nady for cheaper.

I know, its weird, but Dodgers need a shortstop badly and have enough speed in OF...so it makes some sense

Well, if Nady could be had for Parnell, Heilman, Carp/Evans why not

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Cubbies get some washed up piece of ****

Some other team gets a steal

Jim Hendry is found in the lake.......

dodgers07champs
07-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Mets get - Jason Bay

Pirates get - Matt Kemp

I will hunt down Ned Colleti and beat him with a baseball bat if he does that deal..

sleewizard
07-08-2008, 09:07 AM
someone make an offer for Aubrey Huff. He is ridiculously hot right now and would command atleast an above average prospect.

GHGHCP
07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I know, its weird, but Dodgers need a shortstop badly and have enough speed in OF...so it makes some sense

Well, if Nady could be had for Parnell, Heilman, Carp/Evans why not

It makes 0 sense. Why would we trade one of our starting outfielders (creating another hole) to fill our SS hole with a 30 year old "defensive" SS that bats 9th in the Pirates lineup.

Why would we trade a 23 yr old 5 tool player with huge potential for a stop gap SS?

sportwiz628
07-08-2008, 10:17 AM
someone make an offer for Aubrey Huff. He is ridiculously hot right now and would command atleast an above average prospect.

Tell that to the real GM's unless you think Im Omar Minaya :p

yaowowrocket11
07-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Red Sox in:
SS Jack Wilson
RP Dasamo Marte

Pirates in:
SP Kris Johnson
IF Oscar Tejada
RP Craig Hansen
RP Hunter Jones

WillRain
07-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Marlins get Rod Barajas or Gregg Zaun (their choice) and their choice of our relievers outside Ryan, Accardo, League, and Downs) For Dallas McPhearson.

What? They don't want to use him he can DH for us.

Southsideheat
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Dodger's get Juan Uribe

White Sox get a free subscription to Town & Country Magazine.

GHGHCP
07-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Dodger's get Juan Uribe

White Sox get a free subscription to Town & Country Magazine.

I'll throw in Pierre for free! maybe even add a rosin bag and some eye black if you can haggle. :D

Southsideheat
07-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I'll throw in Pierre for free! maybe even add a rosin bag and some eye black if you can haggle. :D

well i'll take the rosin bag and the eye black, but i'll pass on juan pierre. :D

viktor06
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
It makes 0 sense. Why would we trade one of our starting outfielders (creating another hole) to fill our SS hole with a 30 year old "defensive" SS that bats 9th in the Pirates lineup.

Why would we trade a 23 yr old 5 tool player with huge potential for a stop gap SS?

Perrotto wrote that Wilson is the Dodgers' primary trade target. He says "a Dodgers source indicated that Los Angeles might be willing to deal center fielder Matt Kemp."
It seemed too much to me, but Jack Wilson is a decent shortstop and you are contending...

FriarFanatic
07-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Padres trade: Randy Wolf

Cubs Trade: Matt Murton

or

Padres trade: Randy Wolf and Brian Giles

Cubs trade: Pie and a minor league arm

evasiveanswers
07-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Mariners get: RHP Michael Bowden, OF Coco Crisp, C/1b Tyler Weeden, RHP Craig Hansen

Red Sox get: C Jeff Clement, LHP Ryan Rowland-Smith/ LHP Arthur Rhodes+PTBL

Humongo
07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Mariners get: RHP Michael Bowden, OF Coco Crisp, C/1b Tyler Weeden, RHP Craig Hansen

Eww...

MrBloop
07-08-2008, 02:08 PM
The Mets are as classy like an evening at bennigans.

GHGHCP
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08190/895468-13.stm?cmpid=pirates.xml

Thank goodness those ******** Matt Kemp for Jack ****in Wilson rumors are over.

The A Team
07-08-2008, 02:52 PM

Why would the Mariners trade Clement?

evasiveanswers
07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Why would the Mariners trade Clement?

Johjima's signed for three years, and Clement's stock is slipping from poor offensive production. The Mariners are looking for a center fielder, and Crisp's the best one available right now. This trade would also net the Mariners a top pitching prospect in Bowden, a first base prospect, and a power reliever with a high ceiling that he hasn't reached yet, and give Boston a reliable arm for the 'pen to go along with a potential successor to Varitek. It helps both teams, and is a balanced trade.

wrigleycubs101
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
A's Get: Felix Pie
Donald Veal
Tyler Colvin
and maybe Jose Ceda

Cubs get: Rich Harden

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
I predict Ender will be traded to the Mets forum for METSFRONTOFFICE and a poster-to-be-named

nme
07-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Pirates get - Matt Kemp

When I first saw this idea rumored, the only two names I could think of were Delino DeShields and Pedro Martinez. I about had a conniption fit. Thank Jeebus this **** was apparently Pittsburg's wet dream (according to sources cited on the last page, the Dodger NEVER offered anyone on their major league roster).

Humongo
07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Johjima's signed for three years, and Clement's stock is slipping from poor offensive production. The Mariners are looking for a center fielder, and Crisp's the best one available right now. This trade would also net the Mariners a top pitching prospect in Bowden, a first base prospect, and a power reliever with a high ceiling that he hasn't reached yet, and give Boston a reliable arm for the 'pen to go along with a potential successor to Varitek. It helps both teams, and is a balanced trade.

Johjima got that extension because the Japanese ownership may be on their way out of Seattle, and they wanted to take care of Johjima first. Bill Bavasi didn't want to go through with it, that's how you it's a bad idea. Clement's been catching more games than Johjima since his second call up, and it looks as if things will stay that way.

The Mariners aren't really looking for a CF either. Moving Ichiro back to RF was pure stupidity and did nothing to the team really besides seal Wladimir Balentien's fate in AAA. But Jeremy Reed's been playing well, and Coco Crisp isn't really any, if at all, better than him.

Then saying "Ryan Rowland Smith/Arthur Rhodes" doesn't really make sense. It's as if you're saying they have the same trade value or are interchangable. Smith is in the rotation now, and has a bright future as either a starter or durable arm out of the pen. Rhodes is a 38 year old LOOGY who hasn't really even been that effective this season.

And Hansen's like that 17 year old Freshman who's been around forever and hasn't got any smarter. He's still got potential, but he's looking less and less likely to actually fulfill his early expectations.

All in all, the deal doesn't really make sense from the M's stand point.

sleewizard
07-08-2008, 11:01 PM
What do you think the Os will do? Who will get dealt? Huff? Sherrill? Guthrie? i think Roberts will stick around.

Guthrie for a SS...
Sherrill for a SS..