PDA

View Full Version : What kind of start (next season) would be bad enough to get sam fired?

the life
07-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I know it is early and the roaster might not be complete yet but what kind of start would be bad enough for you in order for coach to get fired?

I would fire him if the team starts 2and10 or 4and12.
I really expect raptors to be contenders next season. They must be very good, not great but very good should be a mast. I would expect at least a 9 and 6 but I would really like 10 or 11 and 5 in the first 15-16 games.

JaysAddict43
07-07-2008, 02:50 PM
If their under .500 for first 2-3 months.. Sam is out . B.C. won't fire based one 10-20 games IMO.

BoomCasa
07-07-2008, 03:06 PM
and i'm sayin under .500 in the preseason :D...

brebre82
07-07-2008, 03:07 PM
IMO, Sam wouldnt even get fired if we are .500 come the 82nd game. Much to my distress. BC aint got the onions, so to speak.

the life
07-07-2008, 03:13 PM
why would BC ruin his resume keeping sam as a coach when the team stinks?
it might be true but i don't see the reasons.

mpickup
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't think B.C. would have ever chosen Sam as his coach, but it was more of circumstance.
Sam was here when BC got here...won coach of the year, so people would have been calling for B.C.'s head if he didn't re-sign the reigning coach of the year. Now he's in a contract that was fair market value for Sam, and can't justify firing him at this point, regardless...I love Sam's passion, but would prefer to see another coach at the helm. I feel the Raptors have been misused in the past few years, and would like to see better rotations...

Musical Tempo
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
With a full and health roster the team goes down below .500 by Dec 11th.

Musical Tempo
07-07-2008, 03:39 PM
and i'm sayin under .500 in the preseason :D...

Why would you go into a NBA season with no coach/team chemistry...LOL...thatís a recipe for destroy.

DaoudS
07-07-2008, 03:49 PM
0-1

but seriously, 0-1

Bricklayer
07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
IMO, Sam wouldnt even get fired if we are .500 come the 82nd game. Much to my distress. BC aint got the onions, so to speak.

I think Colangelo is one of the gutsiest GM's out there, to suugest he doesn't have the oinions is strange. I'm pretty sure the most recent trade of J.O is a risky one, so the guy isn't afraid to make things happen. If he feels Sam isn't taking the team in the right direction, Sam will be fired before Christmas.

brebre82
07-07-2008, 04:44 PM
I think Colangelo is one of the gutsiest GM's out there, to suugest he doesn't have the oinions is strange. I'm pretty sure the most recent trade of J.O is a risky one, so the guy isn't afraid to make things happen. If he feels Sam isn't taking the team in the right direction, Sam will be fired before Christmas.

I do agree that BC does take risks, but it seems to me that the risk-taking for him happens in the offseason. Once the season is underway, he goes above and beyond to ensure that chemistry is not meddled with. Having said that, the coach is the figurehead of the team, the very definition of team chemistry. With reference to last season, Sam did a horrendous job in my opinion, in terms of his tactics and poor substitutions. I thought he was going to get fired then, I WOULD PERSONALLY HAVE FIRED HIM THEM. The season came and gone with Sam still in charge. I feel that if BC is going to fire Sam, it will be in the offseason, not midway thru it. Hence, BC does not possess the onions to make a drastic change after the marathon has begun.

the life
07-07-2008, 04:54 PM
bc might have payed back to sam because sam was one that helped when bc landed his job. so bc gave sam some room. but now the honey moon should be over. i see sam out in 20 games if the team starts badly the season.

brebre82
07-07-2008, 05:06 PM
bc might have payed back to sam because sam was one that helped when bc landed his job. so bc gave sam some room. but now the honey moon should be over. i see sam out in 20 games if the team starts badly the season.

Even so, I believe that BC will tolerate Sam until the end of the season, obviously barring a disgracefully dismal record, i.e. of the 5-20 variety.

_Sn1P3r_
07-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I think if we're under .500 say before the all-star break, he's gone.

Fion
07-07-2008, 05:39 PM
I think if we're under .500 say before the all-star break, he's gone.

this is realistic. Remember sam is being paid a ton, cutting him is a huge waste of cash.

nads83
07-07-2008, 05:52 PM
if this team is healthy, we wont be 500 at any point of the season.
so sam is sitting pretty. if JO gets hurt and we finish 15games under, sam wont be blamed.

Tom Stone
07-07-2008, 06:52 PM
I've always said sam will find a weekness and expose it, he is braindead.
With that said, I really like our roster so far, and I don't think any coach could really mess it up that bad...I expect us to have a great year....The one thing sam could mess up is try to barg at center again, when he already played good as a rookie at SF.(Make room for baby shaq)

da1nonly
07-07-2008, 08:06 PM
if the team fails due to some of his offseason moves having sam gives bc a good scapegoat...

if raptors do well... bc looks like a genious for bringing JO...

if the raptors fail... sam gets the blame for the team underperforming for a second straight year... sam gets the boot... BC brings his guy in and gets another year to remake tweak the team and then eventually leading to the big free agent year...

i agree that he'll give sam at least until the all-star break... if they hover around .500 he'll keep sam... if they are 15-20 games below .500... bye-bye smitch