PDA

View Full Version : Bosh's Brother Headlines Raps' Summer League Team

Ragun
07-07-2008, 01:34 PM
LAS VEGAS - The younger brother of Raptors star Chris Bosh was named to the 11-man roster for Toronto's summer league team on Monday.

Joel Bosh, 22, will make his professional debut following a four-year playing career at Alabama State.

Forward Joey Graham will make his second summer-league appearance for the Raptors. He was their first-round pick, 16th overall, in the 2005 draft.

Rounding out the roster were former New Jersey Nets guard Hassan Adams, Deji Akindele, Sean Banks, Rod Benson, Coleman Collins, Daniel Ewing, Thomas Gardner, John Lucas III and C.J. Giles.

The team will play five games, beginning July 12.
Source: TSN.ca

Congrats to Joel. :clap:

Kontent
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
2nd the congrats!

Joey better lead this team...

snow22
07-07-2008, 01:38 PM
i thought ewing was drafted i guess not sould be intresting to see the games

Ragun
07-07-2008, 01:43 PM
2nd the congrats!

Its Joel lol.

North Yorker
07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Its Joel lol.

He's talking about Joey Graham. With him being really the only guy with the raps last season and being a first rounder.

I doubt he expects much from Joel,lol

Tom Stone
07-07-2008, 02:00 PM
What about Nathan Jawari....i wanna see him match up against other prospects....what about kris hump...he usually comes out.....are you sure that's the final roster?

Ragun
07-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Oops my bad.

MSA
07-07-2008, 02:10 PM
What do you guys think about Rod Benson being on this roster ... any chance he makes the team this year ... looking at his rebounding #'s from the NBDL i think he'd be a good end of the bench guy ... but it seems like we are going for a combo guard with that end of the bench spot

Bob_at_york
07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
i thought ewing was drafted i guess not sould be intresting to see the games

Ewing was drafted years ago. He is a free agent who I guess wants to play for Toronto. I think him, Benson and Lucas are going for the 13 spot on the roster (I would say 14th or 15th if we actually planned on filling those spots).

I really want to see Adams assert himself. It will be interesting to see who steps up as a leader between him, Joey and Ewing.

snow22
07-07-2008, 02:57 PM
http://www.hooplife.ca/raptorshq/viewHQArticle.php?id=445

this is a good article about the camp

Dragan
07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
is that ewing son? or some other ewing?

Bob_at_york
07-07-2008, 03:13 PM
is that ewing son? or some other ewing?

Ewing was drafted 3 years ago by the Clips in the 2nd round. He was known as a defensive PG. He did not play last season in the NBA. I am pretty sure he has no relation to Patrick.

snow22
07-07-2008, 03:19 PM
patrick ewing jr thats who i was thinking of he is patrick ewings son he got drafted 43 by the kings i got them both mixed up he is a 6.7 sf

Musical Tempo
07-07-2008, 03:41 PM
patrick ewing jr thats who i was thinking of he is patrick ewings son he got drafted 43 by the kings i got them both mixed up he is a 6.7 sf

I like his game, can't compared him to his father but he will be a solid 8th or 9th player on a team roster plays hard and smart. Who knows he could be a 6th man for the suffering Kings.

DaoudS
07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
I like Ewing, he could be a nice option if someone goes down or if Ukik doesn't perform

WaterBoy24
07-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Chris Bosh's brother Joel trying out for the raptors summer league...
Intresting...hmmmm...if his got half the talent of bosh...that's better then most the raptors bench...ie joey graham...

Musical Tempo
07-07-2008, 04:14 PM
But in reality how good is Bosh's brother and would he have made the team if Bosh wasn't on our roster and are go to guy?

snow22
07-07-2008, 04:25 PM
its probly just a favor 4 bosh but hey if it makes bosh happy good 4 brian.i want to c him b4 judging him

Bob_at_york
07-07-2008, 04:34 PM
But in reality how good is Bosh's brother and would he have made the team if Bosh wasn't on our roster and are go to guy?

Bosh's brother is not good. Google him, you will find his stats and see that he was not an impact player and will not be an impact player except for maybe in one of those leagues that Moon played in... IF he is lucky and works hard. And that is a big IF.

Musical Tempo
07-07-2008, 05:09 PM
Bosh's brother is not good. Google him, you will find his stats and see that he was not an impact player and will not be an impact player except for maybe in one of those leagues that Moon played in... IF he is lucky and works hard. And that is a big IF.

In high school, Bosh averaged 12 points and eight rebounds per game while being lettered in basketball and was named 1st Team All State (2004). PERSONAL - Hobbies: basketball; Favorite Athlete: Chris Bosh; Favorite Actor: Eddie Murphy; Favorite Food: shrimp.

AWWW how cute his favorite player is his brother.:love:

He has a pretty mean mug. 7pts 4rebounds, senior pretty bad stats, could get good money in Europe probably 1 or 2m.

He just looks as if he is a mean/dirty street player like Perkins, wonder who wins in a fight Bosh or Him. I would give it to Joel because of his mean mug.

Ramon Nivar
07-07-2008, 05:15 PM
2nd the congrats!

Seconded. If Joey wants to stay in this league I think he needs to step it up as the team's leader and best player this season right now.

_Sn1P3r_
07-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Seconded. If Joey wants to stay in this league I think he needs to step it up as the team's leader and best player this season right now.

Thirded..?? He better lead this team like how Bosh leads us. If he develops there, I wouldn't mind him backing up his brother for us. Oh is he right-handed or lefty?

Ramon Nivar
07-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Thirded..?? He better lead this team like how Bosh leads us. If he develops there, I wouldn't mind him backing up his brother for us. Oh is he right-handed or lefty?

Joey Graham, not Joel Bosh.

_Sn1P3r_
07-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Lol. There's another thread about him.

Musical Tempo
07-07-2008, 05:28 PM

LOL Joel Bosh might only be leading the waterboy team, and high five orgination on the bench during time outs.

Joey Graham, not Joel Bosh.

He wont step it up. He just wont. I have no confidence in him anymore. I think he will just stick around the NBA long enough to get good to be a star in Europe or to be a good defender on a practise run.

Fion
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
If he had half the talent of bosh he would have been drafted. The kids obviously not as good as bosh, i doubt he makes the team.

JermanJaysFan
07-07-2008, 05:36 PM
AWWW how cute his favorite player is his brother.:love:

He has a pretty mean mug. 7pts 4rebounds, senior pretty bad stats, could get good money in Europe probably 1 or 2m.

He just looks as if he is a mean/dirty street player like Perkins, wonder who wins in a fight Bosh or Him. I would give it to Joel because of his mean mug.

I would give it to Chris, since CB4 has about 4 inches and 50 pounds on Joel, lol.

Ragun
07-07-2008, 05:39 PM
i made a thread about this already.

Musical Tempo
07-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I would give it to Chris, since CB4 has about 4 inches and 50 pounds on Joel, lol.

You dont need size and weight I'm a dance (Ali) Ima knock his *** out (Foreman)

Verdict
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RAS4HB8s9k

Bob_at_york
07-07-2008, 10:46 PM
He wont step it up. He just wont. I have no confidence in him anymore. I think he will just stick around the NBA long enough to get good to be a star in Europe or to be a good defender on a practise run.
At this moment I believe in Hassan more than Joey.

Dragan
07-08-2008, 12:23 AM
LOL. who are you guys talkign bout Joey or Jole?

hades
07-08-2008, 09:05 AM
does qnyone hqve qny video highlights of JOEL BOSH

Bob_at_york
07-08-2008, 10:44 AM
does qnyone hqve qny video highlights of JOEL BOSH

The closest thing is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJttp4orrQM

And go to the 38 second mark in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7IZP7u9FE&feature=user

Goon.Weezy
07-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Joel is gonna kill it, and join the Raps as the 13th man