View Full Version : Brewers are the team to beat

cardinal27
07-07-2008, 12:56 PM
got C.C. along with Sheets
they will be tough to beat.
did not lose any MLB talent.

Vegasguy80
07-07-2008, 01:12 PM
I disagree. They still have no bullpen. These guys only pitch once every 5 days. That is a possible win 2 out of 5 times and still not guaranteed. That is not good.

And making the transition from American to National league is not easy. Ask this guy named Zito and now this other guy named Santana. Santana has all the bats in the world around him and still is struggling.

C.C. is very overrated. He struggled at the beginning of the season and struggles on the road.

Wrigleyboy25
07-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I think that team ahead of them is the team to beat, especially since they are the defending division champions.

The Brewers at one point this year had a better pitcher than Sabathia in Gallardo. Nobody was saying they were the team to beat then.

This is going to be a 3 team race right down to the finish. I think all 3 teams should be looking at one another as the team to beat.

natepro
07-07-2008, 01:27 PM
I disagree. They still have no bullpen. These guys only pitch once every 5 days. That is a possible win 2 out of 5 times and still not guaranteed. That is not good.

And making the transition from American to National league is not easy. Ask this guy named Zito and now this other guy named Santana. Santana has all the bats in the world around him and still is struggling.

C.C. is very overrated. He struggled at the beginning of the season and struggles on the road.

Zito's struggles have nothing to do with the NL, and everything to do with him not being a good pitcher any longer. He'd be getting bombed like this if he were still on the A's, too.

The Santana point is ridiculous. He doesn't have "all the bats in the world" around him. Philly, Florida, Chicago, and Pittsburgh (!) all have more runs scored in the AL than the Mets do. The Cardinals are only 4 runs behind them as well.

Also, over his last three starts he's pitched 21 innings and given up 6 earned runs (which have earned him 0 wins and 2 losses). So far with the Mets he's lost THREE games where he gave up only 1 earned, and two more games where he went at least 6 and gave up 3 earned. This is CLEARLY a case of a pitcher not getting enough run support, and just another example of a pitcher's W-L record not reflecting how they've pitched.

Kyle man
07-07-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm still worried about the Cubs... We can actually beat the Brewers with consistency

Pujolsfan91
07-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Yea, I still think the Cubs are the team to beat. Big Z pitch great against us on Friday, which is a bad sign. The Cubs rotation seems to be better than the Brewers even with the aquisiton of C.C.

Czyzdustries
07-08-2008, 08:48 PM
got C.C. along with Sheets
they will be tough to beat.
did not lose any MLB talent.

Beat to the golf course in Oct? They aren't winning the Central or the wild card. And CC and end of the year.