PDA

View Full Version : Duhon Deal Shows Walsh Is Walking the Walk

SLY WILLIAMS
07-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Duhon Deal Shows Walsh Is Walking the Walk

Guard Chris Duhon is a better player than a quick glance at his numbers suggests, but it is the "how" more than the "who" that makes him an important addition to the Knicks.

We're in an odd time in the NBA offseason word about all signings is unofficial until the July 9 announcement of the salary cap and luxury tax ceilings but Duhon's agent Kevin Bradford has told many press outlets that his client has agreed to a two-year deal for the full mid-level exception (about $5.8 million a season; the exact number will be part of the salary cap announcement on Wednesday). The Knicks outbid the Orlando Magic, who were offering a three-year package thought to be worth $12 million.

There may seem to have been an awful lot of fuss over Duhon, a player who last season was a reserve for a losing team, the 33-49 Chicago Bulls, and, even worse, fell out of the rotation after the acquisition of Larry Hughes, an overpaid, mediocre guard. But Duhon brings a lot of value that the Knicks sorely need in their backcourt.

Despite standing only 6 feet, 1 inch, Duhon is a good defender. In Chicago, the Bulls often used a three-guard alignment with Duhon, Ben Gordon, and Kirk Hinrich, and Duhon frequently guarded the tallest wing player and did well despite height disadvantages. Duhon understands that defense starts with the positioning of the feet, not the hands, a concept whose realization has been sorely lacking on the Knicks in recent years.

Duhon is also a pass-first point guard in the very best sense of the word. He looks to set his teammates up well before he looks for his own shot. A good example of this is to look at Duhon's production on a per-36-minute basis. This enables us to see what his numbers would be like as a starter. During his four seasons in Chicago, Duhon averaged 6.3 assists and only 1.9 turnovers per 36 minutes; the starter, Hinrich, another pass-first point guard, notched an almost identical 6.5 assists and 1.9 turnovers.

At Madison Square Garden last season, meanwhile, Jamal Crawford ran the point most of the season and averaged 4.5 assists and 2.2 turnovers. Duhon represents a clear upgrade at point guard over the incumbent; his arrival will enable Crawford to move back to his natural position, shooting guard.

Another asset that Duhon brings to the team is his experience with up-tempo ball. During the last four seasons, Duhon has played on teams that ran the 11th-, fifth-, sixth-, and 11th-fastest tempos in the NBA. The Knicks have not run at better than the 15th-fastest tempo in the last four years. New coach Mike D'Antoni's system is likely to be an up-tempo game, as his Phoenix teams were in the top four in possessions per contest in each of the last four seasons. So the new point guard is a good fit for the coach's desired style of play.

Despite the on-court assets that Duhon brings to the Knicks, the biggest and most important aspect, once again, is the "how," or, put simply, the length of his contract. By filling a void without extending the Knicks' stay in salary cap purgatory, the new team president, Donnie Walsh, is walking the walk. He has spoken repeatedly of achieving cap flexibility by 2010, the summer that superstars such as LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh can become unrestricted free agents. (While the focus has been on James, I suspect Bosh is the most likely of the three to wind up at the Garden. James has close ties to Nets part-owner Jay-Z, and that team hopes to start playing in Brooklyn in 2010. Wade may find himself on a good team in Miami, which would diminish his desire to leave. Bosh is probably the best NBA player who is not well-known in the mainstream.)

The Duhon signing also most likely spells the end of Stephon Marbury's tenure as a Knick. The embattled point guard has said all the right things since D'Antoni's hiring two months ago, but Marbury is the very definition of a shoot-first point guard, which is not what the new coach wants quarterbacking his team. When D'Antoni took over in Phoenix a quarter of the way though the 2003-04 season, he inherited a team directed by Marbury. The guard was sent packing a mere 13 games later for draft picks and role players with expiring contracts. I think the Knicks have held on to Marbury so far this offseason to see if any deals could be swung, as Marbury's $22 million contract expires after this season. But the locals need cap relief more than any other team, so buying him out and reducing the payroll for next season seems the most prudent approach.

That Marbury is on the way out has been one of the worst-kept secrets in the New York sports world this summer, but Duhon's arrival hastens the departure. It's not the promise to Duhon of a chance to start anyone arriving onto a bunch of misfits like the Knicks should receive a shot at cracking the starting five but the length of the new guard's contract that guarantees Marbury's departure. By using the entire mid-level exception to sign a player for two years, Walsh has shown that he's made a plan and is sticking to it.

http://www.nysun.com/sports/duhon-deal-shows-walsh-is-walking-the-walk/81318/

29$JerZ
07-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Bosh? I don't know.
Doesn't he have foot problems and that cripples big men so bad.

lionheartc
07-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Marbury better be in shape when the season starts. Thats all i gotta say about that matter

still a fan
07-07-2008, 02:22 PM
The NY Sun, that as good as one of us writing it!!!

1ST is lose the conception Mike totally wanted Steph gone, it was a business decision to get rid or Penny and they had to package Steph to accomplish that. The suns target was Kobe and settled for Nash ( nice sttlement)

The endo of the article speaks about getting cap release so cutting him makes the most prudent approach" The cap comes off after this season with or without his release. Not a smart comment!!!

By using the full MLE means Steph must go?? The logic there is to play the guy making 6MIL and release the guy making 20MIL, well those were good arguments??

I think not, When Donnie and Mike say so!!!!!!!!!!!!

pedsdmd
07-07-2008, 02:24 PM
The NY Sun, that as good as one of us writing it!!!

1ST is lose the conception Mike totally wanted Steph gone, it was a business decision to get rid or Penny and they had to package Steph to accomplish that. The suns target was Kobe and settled for Nash ( nice sttlement)

The endo of the article speaks about getting cap release so cutting him makes the most prudent approach" The cap comes off after this season with or without his release. Not a smart comment!!!

By using the full MLE means Steph must go?? The logic there is to play the guy making 6MIL and release the guy making 20MIL, well those were good arguments??

I think not, When Donnie and Mike say so!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, Dude Phoenix players went o management and said they didnt want to play with Marbury.

Getting rid of Penny was Icing on the cake

SLY WILLIAMS
07-07-2008, 02:33 PM
No, Dude Phoenix players went o management and said they didnt want to play with Marbury.

Please stop posting facts!

Only opinion, spins and the belief that its always everyone else's fault should be posted. :)

still a fan
07-07-2008, 02:38 PM

You need to realize that was all media hype!!! I have relatives in Phoenix and that is the furthest from the truth. The only apat he had with any player was marion which was quickly taken care of.

This is why it happened:

Given how young we are and given the opportunity that this presents to us, and our young players, Im not sure this deal is hard to sell (to the remaining Suns players). Obviously they were sad to see a couple teammates go, actually three teammates in this case with Cezary Trybanski part of it. But I think everybody moves on; the players will move on.

We wish the best to the three players that went to New York, in particular to Steph. Ive got a certain affinity for Steph. Weve got a common bond and weve gone through a lot together. I want to see him do well in New York and I think its a good story for him to go back to New York City. Hes probably the best player to come out of the city or the best guard, certainly. So Id like to see him go home and live up to all those expectations. Certainly, for the writers and for the NBA, youve got to love the little war across the river with that New Jersey team now. So well see where that goes. But as far as our organization, we look forward and we move forward with a lot of anticipation for the future. Were excited about that. I think the young guys here, even though there are only eight of them playing tonight, will come out and lay it all on the line, and thats not just for tonight, its for the rest of the season. We have two other young guys coming back from injuries in Zarko Cabarkapa and Amar Stoudemire, and when that all comes together and we add a couple more pieces, it makes for a nice outlook for us.

We decided to go in a different direction and then you look at where we are from a competitive standpoint with a $66 million payroll in a very difficult Western Conference. It became pretty clear to us that the only way out was to make a move like this, but it had to be a move of this magnitude. Its staggering when you look at the numbers how it will affect us, not only today but in the future, and that all equates to flexibility and operating with more efficiency, and turning this thing into something we really want to turn it into. Its crafting it and shaping it and molding it the way we want to do it. We were stuck. We had what we had and we had two players that were injured, who we like a lot and we think certainly they make us better (when they return). But we werent going to jump up into the top five in the West. Call us a team of the future yesterday and today because that is where we are looking.

This is the reason I defend him, it is really sad how media driven information gets used by fans. I go to phoenix around 7-8 times a year and surrounded by Suns fans, this one you will have to do better on !!!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
You need to realize that was all media hype!!! I have relatives in Phoenix and that is the furthest from the truth. The only apat he had with any player was marion which was quickly taken care of.

I disagree that he only had a problem with Marion. In fact Amare took several shots at Marbury even after the trade including one in a quoted conversation with then Suns teammate Kurt Thomas.

No offense but it seems like you sometimes just see what you want to see in a manner like when you posted any positive found in wikipedia and edited out all the negative from the same source.

still a fan
07-07-2008, 02:56 PM
I disagree that he only had a problem with Marion. In fact Amare took several shots at Marbury even after the trade including one in a quoted conversation with then Suns teammate Kurt Thomas.

No offense but it seems like you sometimes just see what you want to see in a manner like when you posted any positive found in wikipedia and edited out all the negative from the same source.

Sly, all I ask is for someone to justify not giving this guy a shot under the new regime. If Curry will, and Craw will, and Nate will, why not see if he will be teh player we need then if he's not then throw him to the curb.

And now that is the 3rd time you brought up the edited post, its time to get over it!!! it answered a question and the other information not copied was not pertitinent for or agianst the argument.

No one is saying he is a saint, no one is saying he is the end all savior. What half this forum is saying is he can have some value and just kicking him to the curb is not the answer!!

Its that easy and that simple, if all the others get a shot under the new regime then he should!! Now if we get a trade or get some value back then it makes sense.

I can see him getting his 21MIL then sign for the full MLE for over 6 MIL and having a great year because he has to.

then will that make everyone happy!!!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
And now that is the 3rd time you brought up the edited post, its time to get over it!!! it answered a question and the other information not copied was not pertitinent for or agianst the argument.

Jcraw, Curry, Nate, etc have not had massive feuds with coach after coach and player after player. That is a total red herring comparing apples and oranges. Howard Beck said Walsh and Mike D already have seen that Marburys teammates really dislike him. So is it time to attack the messenger Howard Beck now? Those players are also younger and have a possibility of a future here. Now Dolan reportedly is even fed up with Marbury so a future contract here is probably not even a possibility. How is Marbury always the victim? Why do so many coachs, players, fans and media absolutely despise the guy?

I brought that up your "propaganda post" because your claiming that Marion was the only Sun Marbury had a problem with seemed to me to be a continuation of ignoring previously posted facts. Amare did not like Marbury. There were reports that Amare went to Coangelo. Amare made multiple not so veiled shots at Marbury after the trade. The bottom line was it was not just Marion but considering Marbury has had conflicts with over a dozen people what is really the difference even? LOL :)

I'm sorry that you have a problem with me. You used a source but edited out a large amount of what that source actually said because you may not have wanted people to see the negative. This is a message board and if I want to discuss something than I should have that right within reason. You can always put me on ignore if you think I'm an unfair person. My question is why would I be unfair to Marbury who I wanted to be a Knick but be so supportive of other Knicks? Is that logical? I dont like how Marbury has conducted himself as a teammate. Its not personal.

You have said you are not a Marbury fan multiple times. Can you blame me for finding that hard for me to believe when you seem to defend Marbury non stop but often attack/blame any media, coach, or player that he has called him out on his actions or has had had conflicts with him?

I just like to keep things real. I'm not a Marbury fan anymore. I have no problem being real and honest about that. Why not be real and just admit that you are a Marbury fan? Its not a crime. You will not get banned for it, lol. :)

6deep
07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Interesting take on the Summer of Lebron.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9382

The Infamous Two-Year Deals: The New Jersey Nets are now on record as looking only to give out two-year deals. Ostensibly this is to work towards the much-publicized desire to have cap room in the summer of 2010 in order to lure the likes of LeBron James, Chris Bosh, or Dwyane Wade to the Nets.

It's a decent business move and is, of course, subject to the player being discussed, but what kind of player do you really get for two years? You get young players who haven't lived up to their potential yet, ones who hope they can prove in two years they deserve bigger money, and you get veterans who aren't quite good enough to demand bigger money but feel that if the cap room pool were larger they could get a better deal. Those, and you also get players who really aren't that great.

Portland used that philosophy with all the non-first-round-rookie deals they signed last summer, hoping to have cap space in the summer of 2009, the final year before extensions for young stars Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge will begin to kick in. Second round picks Josh McRoberts and Taurean Green both signed two-year deals with a team option for a third. Free agent point guard Steve Blake signed a deal with the same parameters, though of course for more money. Travis Outlaw - coming off his rookie contract as one of those players who takes a smaller, shorter deal in hopes to make more money in the future – signed a three-year deal, but the third year is not fully guaranteed.

Is there anything wrong with the philosophy? No, it could be sound business. However – and the Nets have already said they are re-building – it's a clear indicator the team has no desire to actually compete and win some games. Like with Portland in 2007-08, any success is a bonus, because it's not necessarily part of the plan.

And yes, the plan can always change.

still a fan
07-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Sly -

I have brought up many reasons he should stay and yet it all comes down to his character.

I have never once defended his brains, judgement, decisions or character.

You do not have to be a marbury fan to realize if he does what the organization under its new regime wants he is an asset for this season and will help other players values increase while helping us post additional W's.

Now that is base on talent and his willingness to change in many many ways, yes he has proved in the past he couldn't but he is the main Knick topic and should understand what this season means for him. If he doesn't then a lot of us give him to much credit even though its not much LOL,

so I always go back to that very short leash, and off he goes if he even blinks wrong.

All we are saying is what can he do in Mikes system and not 13 games like in Phoenix.

We already are giving him 20MIL so lets see under Mike and Donnie if he can do it. Is that such an overwhelming request??

I am not a die hard Marbury fan, but will not let him take the brunt of this teams dismise, because it started before he got here, and he resurrected it for a short time, then in 06 helped make us respectable till the injuries.

If i was a Marbury backer I would never make the statement if he's gone he's gone I will root every Knick who steps on the court. If he stays than I guess I'm old school and would like that fairy tale ending to his Knick career,

Because I am a people person, I would hate to see him leave under these circumstances, and if no one agrees that ups to them, but that is how i feel and your right, this is a forum, and I believe we should see what he has to give NY in his walk yr. but again on a very short leash.

Thats my opinion and nobody has to agree, and I ahve a right to say it!!

SLY WILLIAMS
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Still you can say whatever you like but its just your opinion.

Hahn is the latest in the media to say Knicks players have told him how they feel about Marbury. Is he now part of the vast anti Marbury conspiracy?

You may not be tired of this never ending distraction but most of us are. His "charecter" is a major issue almost every year. Why should this chance be different than all the rest of his chances? Why should Knicks fans have to be put through this yet again? Over a dozen conflicts with coachs and teammates and yet we have to risk this yet again?

As far as Mike D goes he wasnt just around Marbury for 13 games. He was around him for a long time as an assistant coach. He saw his act before. He quite possibly knew about the conflicts with Hardaway, Marion and Amare first hand. Mike D is a professional so he will rarely say anything bad in public but if Marbury is bought out than you can be reasonably sure that Mike D had a major say in buying him out.

Anyway we can discuss this until the cows come home. Walsh and Mike D will make the decision. Not me. Not you. My question remains why do you always defend Marbury but attack all the media, coachs, and players he has had conflicts with? Are you going to attack Hahn and Beck from 2 different newspapers papers for acknowledging that Marburys teammates have a problem with him? Are they now lying as well like you implied of Isola and maybe Bergen (I cant remember)? Who is the common denominator in the dozens of conflicts?

jsilly
07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I say we keep him for a year so Gallinari (potential team leader) can see how NOT to act. Marbury will be gone. It is sad because he has so much talent but keeps putting himself first at a detriment to the franchise. I think we are all ready for a fresh, marburyless start.

6deep
07-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I say we keep him for a year so Gallinari (potential team leader) can see how NOT to act. Marbury will be gone. It is sad because he has so much talent but keeps putting himself first at a detriment to the franchise. I think we are all ready for a fresh, marburyless start.

good post Tex, but you contradict yourself. you can't be ready for a fresh start with marbury on the team. You either cut away the fat or eat it. It may taste good going down but it will hurt your very core.

KnickVeteran
07-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Walsh is walking the walk? lol really funny...That's a complete joke. How the hell can anyone say Gallinari will be a future team leader if they never seen a full game of him playing in it.

cheetos185
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
he is an asset for this season and will help other players values increase while helping us post additional W's.

:laugh2::laugh::laugh2:

SLY WILLIAMS
07-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Walsh is walking the walk? lol really funny...That's a complete joke. How the hell can anyone say Gallinari will be a future team leader if they never seen a full game of him playing in it.

Is it possible some people wonder the same thing when you are often bashing Mike D and Danilo before they eve coach/play in a single Knicks game? Just wondering.

KnickVeteran
07-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Is it possible some people wonder the same thing when you are often bashing Mike D and Danilo before they eve coach/play in a single Knicks game? Just wondering.

good point lol...and I have nothing to say. I have no comebacks... Good job Sly :clap:

Weezy
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
:ouch: ^

Hustla23
07-07-2008, 08:44 PM
^^ LOOL. Sly's too smart.

THE MTL
07-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Chris Duhon deal is iight. I dont think he should be an instant starter. He hasnt proven he should start over Kirk Hinrich and Hinrich was a disaster last season.

Stephon Marbury should start and given a chance in this system.

Weezy
07-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Chris Duhon deal is iight. I dont think he should be an instant starter. He hasnt proven he should start over Kirk Hinrich and Hinrich was a disaster last season.

Stephon Marbury should start and given a chance in this system.

Um he already has been...

OldSchool
07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
You cant talk about getting chances 4 years later. He had his chances... its time for him to get outta town.

THE MTL
07-07-2008, 10:19 PM
^^Umm, Walsh and D'Antoni are so much better than Isiah Thomas. He hasnt had the proper chance.

Isiah did not use Stephon to his strengths. D'Antoni uses players to their strengths.

KnickVeteran
07-07-2008, 10:59 PM

but Sly, I've seen 'Antoni coach. I already have a feel to the type of players he wants on his team. I'm aware of the system he wants to run. Not a great comeback, but at least it's something lol

still a fan
07-07-2008, 11:07 PM
:laugh2::laugh::laugh2:

Not sure I see the humor:confused:

KnickVeteran
07-07-2008, 11:12 PM

me neither...the humor is in his username

still a fan
07-07-2008, 11:29 PM
lets all agree:
1. we are mostly all Knick fans
2. Marbury is dumb
3. Marbury has not proven to be a winner
4. Marbury is in his walk year making over 20MIL
5. He is not tremendously liked
6. He has talent
7. He could I said could excel in Mikes system
8. the better the knicks play and more W's = better value of players next yr for trades
If anyone does not understand this concept and just posts laughs be my guest.
9. we will not win the championship this year
10. we just used our full MLE on a career back up PG who also does not have the best reputation known to like the night life
11. many players almost all gave up last yr and all have potential under Mike to play better.
12. Steph will definitely not be here next year.
13. Besides Duhon there is not one other true PG on this roster

It can continue but we all get the point:

Is it that crazy to use him in the season he will probably play his best ball, play under control, and try to establish himself so others will be interested next yr.
If he is told by both Donnie and Mike, face to face that they are not even going to take him even blinking the wrong that they will toss his sorry ***** out what is the harm. we will not win the championship so take that one last chance!
If he is out of line and they send him home, it would be a great example to the rest of the roster that there is a new sheriff in town, and that *****T stops here.

Why give him what he would want a buy out so he can play elsewhere, suspend him, use the DNP coach's decision and then you have till the trade deadline to see if anything or anyone asks about him in case of an injury or something.

I understand closure to isiah but that won't happen because the entire roster except for Danilo and Duhon is his.

So my closure is for Mike to take what he accepted and make us competitive and not take Steph or anyother players crap and get back to playing basketball and everything else will fall in place.

Give Steph another chance?, no give the organization as it stands another chance.

Does it really hurt to use him, or is the fear he will have a great year than what will you do.

No, even a great yr, they need to know he is out, no logic to keeping him after he expires.

Thats it!!

cheetos185
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM

i found it funny that u called steph an asset ... if he's an asset why aren't other teams GM making trade offers for him ... and also u said he will raise our players value and post additional W's ... where were those additional Wins last 5 years .. steph only makes himself look good not others around him. :)

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM
but Sly, I've seen 'Antoni coach. I already have a feel to the type of players he wants on his team. I'm aware of the system he wants to run. Not a great comeback, but at least it's something lol

Mike D was not my first choice as a coach. I really wanted Walsh to speak to Carlisle and Thibs before making any decision but once Mike D was hired he had my 100% support. I do not assume Mike D will coach the same way as he did as a Sun nor do I assume he wants to have the same exact players. He is the coach and he will have to work with the players we have unless they can be changed reasonably. He is a 50-60 game winner though so I have to think he knows how to coach. I think he is going to make our pick and roll offense and defense better than we have seen in like 8 years. He is very good at running the pick and roll and I figure that will help us learn how to defend it in practice as well. :)

still a fan
07-08-2008, 11:12 AM
i found it funny that u called steph an asset ... if he's an asset why aren't other teams GM making trade offers for him ... and also u said he will raise our players value and post additional W's ... where were those additional Wins last 5 years .. steph only makes himself look good not others around him. :)

The don't have to because of all the talk of him being released!!!!

If I was a GM I would sit back and let the Knicks make their move, that is why Donnie has not made one statement, but the other GM's are not Isiah, just wait and if released they get a steal without giving anything up!!

If you don't think he is the most talented player we have (take away everything else) we have nothing left to discuss.
Forget last year, 24 games and a fathers death!! and the team did poorly without him.
An he brought us to the play offs basically all on his shoulders, and I hate to see where the 33 games would have been probably 23 or less.

But its nice that you replied instead of just :laugh::laugh:

KnickVeteran
07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Sly, when I look at this team, I look at a team with no identity, no cohesiveness and no balance. Walsh, he's a smart guy. I bet he already found this out when he took office. The thing that worries me about his plan, is no change for the upcoming season. Will we have the same core players on this team next year? I hope not. Most of those guys in that lockeroom quit. I cannot stand nothing more than someone who quits. I'm all for changing the culture of this team, even if it includes getting rid of that annoying PA announcer and Marbury, but I cannot stand to wait two years for that change. Hoping that a star will land in 2010 is very risky. I hope Walsh is as meticulous with this team as he says he is, because his plan can really set us back tremendously if it doesn't come to fruition.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Sly, when I look at this team, I look at a team with no identity, no cohesiveness and no balance. Walsh, he's a smart guy. I bet he already found this out when he took office. The thing that worries me about his plan, is no change for the upcoming season. Will we have the same core players on this team next year? I hope not. Most of those guys in that lockeroom quit. I cannot stand nothing more than someone who quits. I'm all for changing the culture of this team, even if it includes getting rid of that annoying PA announcer and Marbury, but I cannot stand to wait two years for that change. Hoping that a star will land in 2010 is very risky. I hope Walsh is as meticulous with this team as he says he is, because his plan can really set us back tremendously if it doesn't come to fruition.

When things are not working there should be change. The question is what changes will help and what changes will hurt.

We made changes to our GM, coach, and are starting to add some nice players (Danilo, Duhon). We already had a few young talented players (Dlee, Chandler, Nate). It will not happen overnight. As far as 2010 goes its great to keep it in mind but I think the media really over plays it. Walsh himself said he had no absolutes in mind regarding 2010. He said if he sees a player who can improve the team whose contract goes beyond 2010 he will still go after that player. He is keeping an eye on 2010 but not planing our whole next 2 seasons around a long shot possibility in 2010...at least I hope he isnt. Who knows if I will even be alive when 2010 rolls around, lol. :)

Bottom line is I think Walsh has done a pretty solid but not spectacular job so far. I really think we should have found a way to buy a pick in the late first or 2nd round. Other than that not happening I think he has done well so far.

KnickVeteran
07-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Not getting another 1st round pick or any 2nd round picks is really bothering me.

SLY WILLIAMS
07-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Not getting another 1st round pick or any 2nd round picks is really bothering me.

What is hard for me to understand is the media reports that Walsh said we tried to trade for the Suns #15 to get Mario Chalmers but then did not buy a later pick when Chalmers did not go till the 2nd round. And then Chalmers was traded to the heat.

Hustla23
07-08-2008, 12:52 PM
What is hard for me to understand is the media reports that Walsh said we tried to trade for the Suns #15 to get Mario Chalmers but then did not buy a later pick when Chalmers did not go till the 2nd round. And then Chalmers was traded to the heat.

Yeah that ticks me off like really. I'm pretty sure we could of gotten a second rounder for Mardy who we don't want anyway. I mean, we could have had DeAndre Jordan or Mario Chalmers or even Chris Douglas Roberts for Mardy Collins. lol. Well, no point in crying over the past.

pedsdmd
07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
If I was a GM I would sit back and let the Knicks make their move, that is why Donnie has not made one statement, but the other GM's are not Isiah, just wait and if released they get a steal without giving anything up!!

Or a Good GM might try to unload 22 mil of contracts that they dont want/need

cheetos185
07-08-2008, 01:05 PM

If you don't think he is the most talented player we have (take away everything else) we have nothing left to discuss.
Forget last year, 24 games and a fathers death!! and the team did poorly without him.
An he brought us to the play offs basically all on his shoulders, and I hate to see where the 33 games would have been probably 23 or less.

where in my post did u read that he's a scrub ... he just doesn't make anyone else on the team look good ... plus his number are declining each year .. u must be dreaming if u think he will put up 20pts per game ... at best now he's 14pt and 4-5 assist guy ...

DeeJay
07-08-2008, 01:10 PM

I think you and me have a very different idea of team basketball.

Sports Illustrator
07-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I think in partly we also got fooled with all of these rumors going on. I'm pretty sure that at this point we all might of thought that Donnie Wash was going to make a big move by now, but both of his moves made have been very questionable (drafting Danilo Gallinari and signing Chris Duhon).

He has been saying that there will be moves made this summer, so we just need to be patient and hope for the best.