PDA

View Full Version : Brand.. Monta... Andris...

Thatruth32
07-07-2008, 11:01 AM
After just reading an article on espn... sounds like we really are not going to get brand... but anything is possible

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=FA-notes-080707

But what has been on my mind is why has there not been much talkin in the media about andris and monta resiging... dont get me wrong im sure we are trying but i would just think there would have been some kind of agreement by now

GWarrior
07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
From the front office/W's salary cap/numbers view, the later the sign them the better. If they sign them right away, their salary would eat some of cap. Because of their restricted FA status, a team can over the cap to sign their RFA.

From the fan view, they want a deal done by Wed (right after the trade moratorium) to give them some sense of security that the team is still focusing on their key players.

There is no doubt in my mind that both players would be Warriors next year.

If Monta plays hard ball, he could sign one year contract for $1M, and then be a free agent after that. Here are some of the upcoming 2009 Free Agents:

Drew Gooden
Allen Iverson (almost certain to re-sign with Denver)
Rasheed Wallace
Lamar Odom
Kobe Bryant (option)
Jason Kidd
Stephon Marbury
Jamal Crawford (player option for 09/10 and 10/11 - 50/50)
Eddy Curry (player option for 09/10, 10/11 - 50/50)
Hedo Turkoglu (player option for 09/10, unlikely)
Andre Miller
Steve Nash (player option, unlikely)
Grant Hill
Steve Francis
Ron Artest (can opt out in '08)
Mike Bibby
Carlos Boozer (player option for 09/10 unlikely)
Mehmet Okur (player option for 09/10 unlikely)

2010 Free agents:

LeBron James (player option, likely)
Dwyane Wade (player option for 10/11, unlikely)
Amare Stoudemire (player option for 10/11, unlikely)
Chris Bosh (player option for 10/11, unlikely)
Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Ben Wallace
Dirk Nowitzki (player option, unlikely)
Josh Howard (player option, likely)
Marcus Camby
Rip Hamilton
Stephen Jackson
Tracy McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Michael Redd (player option for 10/11, likely)
Tyson Chandler (player option for 10/11 - 50/50)
Eddy Curry (player option for 10/11 - 50/50)
Brad Miller
Manu Ginobili

The caliber of players in the next couple of years in the FA market would be amazing. Teams are planniing to save enough cap room to sign marquee players like Lebron or Dwane Wade.

The W's should plan accordingly. Sign Monta now, sign a few helpers (PG, Iggy) and have enough cap room to target some of these FA players in 2009-10.

In 2009, the $9M of the remaining of Foyle contract (yuk) would in out of the books. That would give another extra piece to add to the team.

Thatruth32
07-07-2008, 01:58 PM
makes scence