PDA

View Full Version : If Maggette came to the Rockets would he start at SF or be the 6th man?

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Let's say that Corey Maggette decided to play for the Rockets, would he start at SF or be the 6th man?

Going to Houston and playing SF or 6th man?

PG Rafer
SG T-mac
SF Battier or Corey Maggette
PF Scola
C Yao
6th man - Corey Maggette. Not sure if he went to Houston if he would start at SF or be the 6th man.

mightybosstone
07-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Honestly, I'm not sure how to answer this question. Like I said in another post, I don't know how he could coexist with Battier unless one of them would be willing to take reduced minutes. One answer would be for him to be the 6th man, backing up both Battier and McGrady at the 2 to still get decent minutes. But why would he come here to play off the bench when he could start in San Antonio or elsewhere? I think if he came here, he'd probably be starting at SF and Battier would probably be coming off the bench because thats just how unselfish Battier is.

Realistically though, I don't see him coming here at all, so I don't think we need to worry about it.

Jay22Redd
07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I see him coming off the bench to create more bench scoring unless he ask to start. They only way we might be able to get him if we guarantee a starting spot.

The83rdWonder
07-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Maggette won't come to the Rockets.

bbinthepark
07-07-2008, 11:52 AM

agreed.

Rhyming Rebel
07-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I would start him, But since he ain't coming who cares what I would do.

HouRealCoach
07-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I would star him

pippsux
07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Spurs where more aggresive with getting him, he is not coming here. We are too busy waiting on Barry and Landry. I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!

Hypothetically, if we did get Maggette, he absolutely should start. My lineup would be Tmac, Yao, Scola, CM and Battier. Tmac plays point forward and Rafer leads your bench.

mightybosstone
07-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Spurs where more aggresive with getting him, he is not coming here. We are too busy waiting on Barry and Landry. I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!

Hypothetically, if we did get Maggette, he absolutely should start. My lineup would be Tmac, Yao, Scola, CM and Battier. Tmac plays point forward and Rafer leads your bench.

?????

IndiansFan337
07-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Agreed.

And there's no reason to replace Battier in the starting lineup either.

bbinthepark
07-07-2008, 03:54 PM

WHAT???
yea, tMac is sure to stay healthy chasing guys like chris paul, tony parker, etc. all over the court.
LMAO. What are you thinking?

mightybosstone
07-07-2008, 03:58 PM
And what the hell is "point forward"?

pippsux
07-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Heh, we might as well, he handles the ball anyway and on defence just switch with Battier on the point guards. Just an idea don't shoot me dead!!!!!

G2BOAT
07-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I would put him on the bench, but it doesn't matter he won't be here for us so it doesn't matter.

goku
07-07-2008, 10:32 PM
yea this is all we can do is image

TMAC94
07-08-2008, 06:08 AM
if he came all of our dreams would come true. id start him.