PDA

View Full Version : What team would Corey Maggette help more to excel to the next level?

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 09:47 AM
What team would Corey Maggette help more to excel to the next level?

NOTE: These are teams that are potential contenders and that he may actually go to.

Staying with Clippers and starting at SF?
PG Davis
SG Mobley
SF Maggette or if no Maggette then Tim Thomas or Thornton
PF Brand
C Kaman

NOTE: This is barring that Brand resigns as well.

Going to Orlando and playing SG?
PG Nelson
SG Maggette if not Maggette then Evans starts
SF Hedo
PF Lewis
C Dwight

Going to Dallas and playing SG?
PG Kidd
SG Maggette if not Maggette than either Terry, Stackhouse or Jones starts
SF Josh
PF Dirk
C Diop/Dampier

Going to San Antonio and playing SG?
PG Parker
SG Maggette if not Maggette then Finley starts with Manu off the bench
SF Bowen
PF Duncan
C Thomas

Going to New Orleans and playing SG?
PG Paul
SG Maggette if not Maggette then Mo Pete starts
SF Peja
PF West
C Chandler

Going to Houston and playing SF or 6th man?
PG Rafer
SG T-mac
SF Battier or Corey Maggette
PF Scola
C Yao
6th man - Corey Maggette. Not sure if he went to Houston if he would start at SF or be the 6th man.

Going to Boston and being the 6th man?
PG Rondo
SG Ray
SF Pierce
PF Garnett
C Perkins
6th man - Corey Maggette

Going to LA Lakers and playing SF or 6th man?
PG Fisher
SG Kobe
SF Odom or Corey Maggette
PF Gasol
C Bynum
6th man - Corey Maggette Not sure if he went to the LA Lakers if he would start at SF or be the 6th man.

Going to Phoenix and playing SF

PG Nash
SG Bell
SF Corey Maggette
PF Amare
C Shaq

Going to UTAH and playing SG

PG Deron
SG Corey Maggette
SF Ak-47
PF Boozer
C Okur

Going to Toronto and playing SF

PG Calderon
SG Parker
SF Corey Maggette
PF Bosh
C JO

NOTE: Please follow directions this time. Don't vote for your team if on this list. Make a case for why you think Maggette would help another team be much better than they were.

stawka
07-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Phoenix would be good

C - Shaq
PF - Amare
SF - Maggette
SG - Bell
PG - Nash

Then again, he would help any team. Any team he goes on will instantly improve, especially with a team that already has capable scorers (Suns, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Magic)

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 09:50 AM
I'd love for him to go to New Orleans.

Another player for Chris Paul to set up.

Corey can dunk extremely well. He can shoot too. He's very versatile.

But really, a team that needs a good small forward right now is Houston.

T-Mac, Yao, Maggette, Alston, Battier, and a healthy Francis? Talking about lights out.

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Well Maggette on Phoenix puts them back in contention because it increases their athleticism.
Maggette on Houston gives the Rockets a 3rd scorer, but I wonder would they start him or put Battier as the starter.

Maggette on Orlando makes the most sense as the Magic need a SG that is better than Evans.

Overall, I think Maggette on Houston helps them the most to make strides to the next level.

stawka
07-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Any team on that list but Dallas.

mariotubes
07-07-2008, 10:03 AM
the raptors

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-07-2008, 10:10 AM
The magic, hornets, and rockets would contend for a title with him.

Anon
07-07-2008, 10:16 AM
San Antonio is the best fit. The one piece they lacked last year was a young athletic wing to take some of the pressure of Manu.

Ragun
07-07-2008, 10:37 AM
You need to add Toronto in there. I think he is the perfect fit for the Raptors. Raptors will be a top the East if O'Neal can stay healthy and if they can get Maggette for the MLE.

_Sn1P3r_
07-07-2008, 10:42 AM
You need to add Toronto in there. I think he is the perfect fit for the Raptors. Raptors will be a top the East if O'Neal can stay healthy and if they can get Maggette for the MLE.

I agree. He brings what we need to the table. He could also rebound pretty well for his position.

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Toronto now added.

ManRam
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
The team with the biggest SG/SF needs are Orlando, Toronto and New Orleans.

I think San Antonio, Orlando, New Orleans are going to be the three teams he decides between. In S.A he gets the best shot to win a title, in Orlando he gets to be where he wants to be, and in N.O, he gets to be a star offensive player, and play along with CP.

superkegger
07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
I think Orlando...they're so close to being an elite team, and maggette would round out that starting 5, give them the real slasher they lack...and elevate them to the next level.

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Imagine if Maggette went to New Orleans?

:speechless:

adealstimson
07-07-2008, 12:17 PM
New Orleans for sure

AgentViet
07-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I hope the Hornets get him, but they probably won't. CP3-Maggette-Peja-West-Chandler would be incredible. I really see the Magic as the best fit for him.

frizbo72
07-07-2008, 12:29 PM
I see people make their case for NO because that would give CP3 one more weapon. but I would say that Utah could use him more and help them in a place the need it. They have a lot of young talent at the 2 guard but no one to put them over the top. They have been killed there ever since Horny retired. Korver is fine but not a star. Maggette with D-will and Booz would make Utah a threat people would finally respect.

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I see people make their case for NO because that would give CP3 one more weapon. but I would say that Utah could use him more and help them in a place the need it. They have a lot of young talent at the 2 guard but no one to put them over the top. They have been killed there ever since Horny retired. Korver is fine but not a star. Maggette with D-will and Booz would make Utah a threat people would finally respect.

Utah I think could probably use him the most. They have trouble defending the SG position and they need some scoring from that position as well especially if AK47 or Okur are not playing well. If Utah got Maggette they could possibly win the title next year.

kntresistheheat
07-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I say new orleans or Phoenix, they both need a small foward or a shooting gaurd!

Joshtd1
07-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Gotta go with the Spurs here. Last year our defense wasnt what caused us to lose again the Lakers, it was our offense. Getting someone like Maggette who can create his own shot would be great. Plus that would pretty much mean we would have atleast 2 of the big 4 players on the court at all times as well.

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 02:48 PM
Gotta go with the Spurs here. Last year our defense wasnt what caused us to lose again the Lakers, it was our offense. Getting someone like Maggette who can create his own shot would be great. Plus that would pretty much mean we would have atleast 2 of the big 4 players on the court at all times as well.

No voting for your team.

chicagowhitesox
07-07-2008, 02:51 PM
The Spurs would be a championship-caliber team if they added Maggette's athleticism to their backcourt. IDK if that's where his numbers would be highest, but that's where he'd be most valuable and have the greatest chance of winning.

*Superman*
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Ya Orlando would get the most boost from Maggette.

FromDallas
07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
He would obviously be an upgrade on any team he signs with. If he were to come to Dallas he would give the Mavs the much needed second scorer to Dirk. Terry is good however he's more of a tweener and is better off the bench.

TheBatchelor213
07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
awesome post, the Suns would def be the best fit if your talking about ultimately getting a team to the finals. Maggette runs the floor great and Nash would get him so many open looks, plus there is an opportunity for a great deal of playing time with the Suns. Nothing is a given in the west as far as making the finals, but this def could put them over the top.

BlondeBomber41
07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Honestly it would be Utah, New Orleans, Orlando or Dallas. All teams that can contend for a World Title but have weak starting SG's.

KeithLBC
07-07-2008, 03:48 PM
San Antonio is the best fit. The one piece they lacked last year was a young athletic wing to take some of the pressure of Manu.

agreed :clap:

I voted San Antonio

BlondeBomber41
07-07-2008, 03:52 PM

The Spurs can win without Maggette. The question is who would Maggette help get to the next level. So the answer cant be the Spurs.

There are championship caliber teams greatly in need of two guard help, way more than the Spurs, who have Manu Ginobili.

MikefromMars
07-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Well then I would say Toronto NEEDS him the most.

SA is really looking for a solid player on the wing. Manu is better off the bench because he stays healthy that way and he can play a little more reckless.

I would say best for him to win a championship would be SA or NO
and best for team improvement would be TOR or SUNS

Maybe if the Mavs sign him it will help them to realize they should trade Dirk while he still has major value. His is an old free agent fart in 2010.

Boozerguy47
07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Utah and Orlando are my top picks. The Jazz have been missing a SG for years. Orlando would just destroy everyone with Maggette.

Reezy
07-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Anon, berniemac210tx, Cadarn, chicagowhitesox, daveydeux, Hazardous-taz, KeithLBC, KHinrich12, king4day, MikefromMars, Ph1lly Diehard, PHX-SOXFAN, Vidball are now on my shnit list.

Big Quett
07-07-2008, 07:43 PM
My vote was for the Hornets. Look how far CP3 and D West brought them last year. Look at the team the only thing they miss is a 2 guard who can score because Mo Pete is not the answer.

CP3 Maggette Peja D. West and Tyson back there blocking shots and rebounding that would be scarey

Thatz where i hope he lands their or either Utah

JordansBulls
07-08-2008, 12:26 PM
My vote was for the Hornets. Look how far CP3 and D West brought them last year. Look at the team the only thing they miss is a 2 guard who can score because Mo Pete is not the answer.

CP3 Maggette Peja D. West and Tyson back there blocking shots and rebounding that would be scarey

Thatz where i hope he lands their or either Utah

Imagine a Hornets vs Lakers series if Maggette went to the Hornets?

thesparky33
07-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I'm drooling over the Hornets squad with Maggette... :drool:

Thatruth32
07-08-2008, 03:50 PM
test

dre1990
07-08-2008, 04:05 PM
D
all of the above