PDA

View Full Version : B's looking to trade

Danman1116
07-07-2008, 08:19 AM
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos080706.html

Bruins trying to make trade
TheFourthPeriod.com

It appears just about every team is in the market for help on the blueline, and the Boston Globe reports the Bruins are one of them.

The Bruins have been looking to add a puck-moving defenseman.

It's believed the B's were interested in Dan Boyle, whom Tampa Bay traded to San Jose on Friday, and the Globe claims the Bruins could be targeting Anaheim Ducks veteran Mathieu Schneider.

Schneider is also reportedly coveted by the Ottawa Senators and Vancouver Canucks.

If the Bruins were to acquire Schneider, they'd likely need to make a second move in order to rid themselves of another player's contract.

Other possible candidates include Carolina's Frantisek Kaberle and Florida's Mike Van Ryn.

Meanwhile, the Globe also reports the Bruins could end up moving defenseman Dennis Wideman, who has filed for salary arbitration.

Wideman's decision to go to arbitration also delayed the Bruins' buyout period, as the club can still buy out a player until Wideman's salary has been decided. The Globe suggests the Bruins can still choose to buyout Glen Murray's contract.

AngusYoungRocks
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM
i saw that too, but i hope it is just a rumor. it would be much cheaper to re-sign wideman and wideman has a much better future in front of him than the 39 year old Schneider. Schneider would also have a 5.6mill cap hit and even if the B's could clear that space they would be close to the cap all year long. Is Schneider worth all that? I dont think so. re-sign wideman, buy-out murray, and hope the young guns in Providence can fill the holes.

Lord Byron 34
07-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I would consider the front office of any NHL team that is not looking for a good puck-moving dman completely incompetent. In the post-lockout NHL, smooth skating defensemen that can break the puck out are the most sought after players in the league. Although I am not personally a fan of Wideman, he could develop into such a defenseman, and so the Bruins would be stupid to let him walk, especially after giving up Brad Boyes to get him.

Shaiza
07-16-2008, 11:25 PM
I would consider the front office of any NHL team that is not looking for a good puck-moving dman completely incompetent. In the post-lockout NHL, smooth skating defensemen that can break the puck out are the most sought after players in the league. Although I am not personally a fan of Wideman, he could develop into such a defenseman, and so the Bruins would be stupid to let him walk, especially after giving up Brad Boyes to get him.

Great point.
Many dman has revived/rejuvenated their careers because of the new NHL like that. Hence Sergei Gonchar's rise back to one of the premier Dman in the league.

homie564
07-17-2008, 10:54 AM
very true and the top deemen drafted like in the top 15 has also absolutley sky rocketed

WilymoPena
07-17-2008, 07:00 PM
No way do we get any of those players, though I wouldn't mind Van Ryn, He's tough too which I believe is a B"s necessity.

BostonFan 53
07-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I'd be surprised if any moves are made. Other than grabbing an enforcer for the Baby B's the team needs nothing more.

Stonevision
07-18-2008, 07:05 PM
It seemed that once Martin moved into Florida Van Ryn fell out of favor due to nothing more than a change in the style the team now plays. He was great a few years back when he was paired with Bowmeester. Now that the Bruins have a logjam at center we could probably get him for a marginal prospect.

BostonFan 53
07-18-2008, 07:35 PM
According to Eklund, Berard wants to come back...

Shaiza
07-18-2008, 09:57 PM
According to Eklund, Berard wants to come back...

Very open to that idea. Source?

Danman1116
07-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Very open to that idea. Source?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16293

VinceM: What the EK...are the Bruins doing nowadays? Are they looking into a puck-moving Dman or are they just sitting tight?
EK: It is a great question. Berard may be a Bruin, but as much as I like him, they should have done more. Where have you gone Danny Markov?

Bout 1/4 way down