PDA

View Full Version : Is tmac the 2nd best SG?

TMAC94
07-07-2008, 07:14 AM
i think he is then wades 3rd.

Faneik
07-07-2008, 07:18 AM
He is 3rd in my list:

1.Kobe
2.Wade
3.T-Mac
4.Joe Johnson
5.Ray Allen

Rockets&Browns
07-07-2008, 07:42 AM
He's 3rd on my list even though he plays on my favorite team! I hate the person who is the best right now because he's a girl! But here is my top 5:

1. HoeBe Bryant
2. Allen Iverson (Not a PG)
3. T-Mac
4. D. Wade
5. Joe Johnson

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 07:58 AM
No way is Iverson 2nd now.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 07:58 AM
He's 3rd on my list even though he plays on my favorite team! I hate the person who is the best right now because he's a girl! But here is my top 5:

1. HoeBe Bryant
2. Allen Iverson (Not a PG)
3. T-Mac
4. D. Wade
5. Joe Johnson

I'd have to agree with this list. Well, except for #4 and #5.

Let's be real. Let's just label all of these guys as "guards". Forget the Point and Shooting part.

I thought T-Mac was a Small Forward? Well, then I'm going to have to throw LeBron in this.

Joshtd1
07-07-2008, 08:20 AM
No, Wade is the 2nd best.

TMAC94
07-07-2008, 08:21 AM
no tmac is a shooting gaurd, if he wasnt luther " the hack " would start.

stawka
07-07-2008, 08:24 AM
Ummmmm... Wade?

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Ummmmm... Wade?

This conversation doesn't allow people who take over 15-25 free throw attempts a game off of some bull **** calls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZyD3Zjuxvw&feature=related

This is the only reason why I dislike Wade.

I even bought his shoes at one point in my life, but after I figured out he got too much star treatment, I gave the shoes away to a friend of mine for free.

So this isn't coming from a Wade hater, I actually gave him a chance.

He redefines "star treatment".

I love that killer crossover of his, but damn the refs love him too much.

I'm not a guy who likes blown up media hype players.

Ragun
07-07-2008, 08:35 AM
no he isnt

stawka
07-07-2008, 08:45 AM
This conversation doesn't allow people who take over 15-25 free throw attempts a game off of some bull **** calls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aySGUzzxjGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZyD3Zjuxvw&feature=related

This is the only reason why I dislike Wade.

I even bought his shoes at one point in my life, but after I figured out he got too much star treatment, I gave the shoes away to a friend of mine for free.

So this isn't coming from a Wade hater, I actually gave him a chance.

He redefines "star treatment".

I love that killer crossover of his, but damn the refs love him too much.

I'm not a guy who likes blown up media hype players.

This is coming from a fan who follows a guy that wears the Jordan brand shoes, is in trouble with the law every 2 weeks, sucker punches someone from behind. I love Iverson, but DAMN his teammate :p

I don't care what personal vendetta you have against Wade, he is better than T-Mac. T-Mac in his prime no, but now YES! If you cant see that, then you're blinded by the hate

MiamiHeat
07-07-2008, 08:54 AM
wade is 2nd everybody knows that hes probably 4th

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 09:00 AM
This is coming from a fan who follows a guy that wears the Jordan brand shoes, is in trouble with the law every 2 weeks, sucker punches someone from behind. I love Iverson, but DAMN his teammate :p

I don't care what personal vendetta you have against Wade, he is better than T-Mac. T-Mac in his prime no, but now YES! If you cant see that, then you're blinded by the hate

Better than T-Mac?

Nooooooo.

As far as making his team better? That's debatable.

As far as 1 on 1? T-Mac will eat him alive. T-Mac can post his little *** up all-day every day. His spin off shot is still smooth as ever and he has a good 4-6 inches on Wade. 4 to 6 inches in height is A LOT more added to wingspan.

T-Mac can rebound, block, and score better than Wade.

I know T-Mac can play better defense than Wade, I've seen both.

Wade doesn't suck on defense, it's just T-Mac has the advantage at being quick, longer, and has more experience.

You are trippin man, I don't know what you smoked/shot up/snorted this morning.

TMAC94
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
how is wade better than tmac??

stawka
07-07-2008, 09:19 AM
T-Mac last season: 22/5/6 .4 blocks, 1 steal 42%FG
Wade last season: 25/4/7 .8 blocks, 1.7 steal 47%FG

How did you work out T-Mac is a better blocker then Wade? T-Mac's FG% is way off Wade's. Wade's wingspan is 6'7, whereas T-Mac's is probably 6'8.

And this was last year, with Wade being injured and having his worst year not including his rookie year.

Now what?!

_Sn1P3r_
07-07-2008, 09:24 AM

How did you work out T-Mac is a better blocker then Wade? T-Mac's FG% is way off Wade's. Wade's wingspan is 6'7, whereas T-Mac's is probably 6'8.

And this was last year, with Wade being injured and having his worst year not including his rookie year.

Now what?!

Great post. Wade is better than T-Mac IMO. But in T-MAc's defense, he was injured last season as well.

AgentViet
07-07-2008, 09:27 AM
I have Iverson and Kobe above him. Then I have Wade above him when healthy, he's definetely top 4 though IMO.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Wade is primarily facing Eastern teams.

You have to understand the schedule of Western and Eastern teams.

Western teams face every Eastern team twice.
Eastern teams face every Western team twice.

Western teams face every Western team three times.
Eastern teams face every Eastern team three times.

Western teams face every team in its division four times.
Eastern teams face every team in its division four times.

Take a look at the playoff seeds on the East. Everyone under the 3rd seed don't stand a chance on the West.

There is no way in HELL that you can convince me that Wade is better than T-Mac.

This is making me laugh... This thread is getting out of hand when you see people debating whether T-Mac or Wade is better...

HONK HONK! All aboard the Wade Bandwagon!

*Superman*
07-07-2008, 09:46 AM
I think its pretty close from T-Mac and Wade when both are healthy. Personally i like Wade's game better than McGrady's because Tmac doesn't drive it in as much. Wade on the other hand takes the contact and goes to the foul line most of the time. He also has a sick crossover, while Tmac just waits to get a 3 off, IMO they are pretty much even but i give Wade the nod.

Zefflin
07-07-2008, 09:48 AM
1. Kobe
2. AI
3. T-Mac
4. Wade
5. Ray Allen (For his brillant Finals performance)

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 09:51 AM
1. Kobe
2. AI
3. T-Mac
4. Wade
5. Ray Allen (For his brillant Finals performance)

There we go.

That's the official list right there.

No debates :clap:

mariotubes
07-07-2008, 10:01 AM
how has tmac made out in the playoffs? oya thats right...

marques724
07-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I have Wade ahead of T-Mac but he is third

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Yes he is, I know Allen is not a PG but his stats represent him as one. T-mac>wade

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-07-2008, 11:01 AM
WOW.. Stop Smoking man...
First oF all there is no way Tmac is better than Wade.. LMao.. that hilarious... Tmac is like mayb 4th or 5th... LOl
Wade already has a ring on HIS FIner.. and a Finals MVP.. Tmac has never been out of the 1st round.. thats shameful.. and Tmac can barely stay healthy anymore.. He hasnt missed less thatn 10 games in like 4 years?.. Its sad... and his numbers last year were horrible.. IT really shows how hes not even close to what he was back in the day in orlando or in his prime..maybe back then second but Def not now.. ANd RAy allen in Top 5? STOP SMOKIN seriously.. especialyl these celtic fans.. u guys won like a month ago.. so its okay for u to stop smoking now...
MY list
1) Kobe Bryant
2) D-Wade
3) Allen Iverson
4) Vince Carter
5) Tmac
6) Joe Johnson
7) Manu Ginobli
8) Michael Redd
9) Kevin Martin
10) Ray Allen- where he really Belongs amongst all the sg.
Heck u say tmac is 2nd? better than wade? He not even better than carter.. Carter is def top 5... no way tmac is better.. Carter has better career numbers.. Better numbres last season.. and he played with a busted Ankle all year long ( which tmac would sat out with)... ANd Carter has been Out of the 1st round of playoffs... And Vince does not have the luxury of playing with the best center in the game in YAo...

Carters numbers last year:
21.3 ppg.....6.00rpg...5.1ast pg....1.2 stealspg...0.4 blcks...0.456FG%..0.816 FT%... 0.359 3P%.... 38.9MPG
Tmac Last year
21.6 ppg.. 5.1 rbg....5.9 ast pg..1.0 stealspg....0.4 blcks...0.419FG%...0.684FT%...0.292 3P%... 37.0 PPG
AND CARTEr plAyed mORe games.. while he was hurt..
SO they avergaed almos tthe same amount of points.. Even though Vince was playin along side with another 23+ pnt scorer.. while after yao got hurt tmac was the primarary scorer on the team.. Carter averaged more rebounds.. Tmac averaged more Assist...Carter had more steals.. blocks tied.. Carter SHot 6% higher from the field.. about 15% higher from the free throw line.. and about 6 points herer from 3 point land.. and avergaed more minutes... played more games.. and took less shots....
MY POINT VINCE IS BETTER THAN TMAC>>.. and Carter has been out of the 1st round of the playoffs... SO Wade is not even argument.. wade > tmac.. Carter > tmac... Carters career ppg23.8.. Tmac carrer ppg 22.4
SO People need to Give vince some respect...
and stop hyping Tmac.. and Ray Allen UP..NOw wat?

ra8erfan111
07-07-2008, 11:08 AM
I think T-MAC needs to do more to justify 2nd spot...Like get out of the first round of the playoffs.

1. KOBE
2. WADE
3. A.I./TMAC(TOSS UP FOR ME)
5. REDD

juggla53
07-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Whats up with all these rocket fans makeing threads trying to prove their guys are the best? IF they were so good they'd figure a way out of the first round.

BALLER71
07-07-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't give a **** about what you have done in the regular season.
I believe T-Mac hasn't gotten past the first round of the playoffs, I'm not too sure on that.
But Wade has carried his team to the finals, he had one of the best performances in the Finals.

BigSteve
07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Whats up with all these rocket fans makeing threads trying to prove their guys are the best? IF they were so good they'd figure a way out of the first round.

Completely agree. Also, Redd needs to be in the list of top 5. I know he plays on a horrible team that you normally don't see play unless you live there, but he is an excellent player.

BALLER71
07-07-2008, 11:21 AM
There we go.

That's the official list right there.

No debates :clap:

I think you're just a Denver Nuggets fan.
How about that?

BALLER71
07-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Here's a nice little article for you guys:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

1. Dwyane Wade, Miami, 2006

It's hard to overstate how awesome Wade was in leading the Heat to their lone championship, particularly in the final four games when Miami rallied from a 2-0 deficit to stun the Mavs.

Wade started the comeback by leading the Heat back from a 13-point fourth quarter deficit in Game 3, scoring 12 points in the final 6 minutes to send the game to OT. He also made the biggest play of the series with his crazy dribbling foray to the rim at the end of overtime in Game 5 that -- controversially -- earned a whistle from referee Bennett Salvatore and a trip to the line for the winning free throws.

For the series, Wade averaged 34.7 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.7 steals -- and this in a slow-paced series (neither team cleared the century mark in regulation in any of the six games). His basket attacks were so deadly because the Mavs couldn't stop fouling him. Wade shot a whopping 97 free throws in the six games -- the most of any player since the merger -- including 25 in Game 5.

Overall, Wade's 33.8 PER is easily the best of any Finals performer since the merger. While it seems strange to have somebody besides Michael Jordan in the top spot, the truth is Jordan never dominated a Finals to this extent. At the time, many called Wade's performance Jordanesque. It turns out they might have been selling him short.

He averaged 35 PPG, and behind him is Jordan and TD for greatest performances in the finals.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-07-2008, 11:25 AM
GOd People continue to show no respect for Carter lol...
Only three palyers in the nba last year averages at least 20 ppg.. 6 reb pg.. and 5 ast pg.. And they were Kobe Bryant.. Lebron James.. and VINCE CARTER!!!!! ( while he was hurt)!

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
He averaged 35 PPG, and behind him is Jordan and TD for greatest performances in the finals.

Good article.. That tells u everything.. Wade and Tmac arent even compareable.. Hes a Finals MVp.. Tmac hasnt been out of hte 1st round.. NO comparison at all... Wade beat the very same MAvs .. that beat tmac rockets in the 1st ROUND!... NO comparison at all

HouRealCoach
07-07-2008, 11:28 AM

Now what?!

Wat was his record??

ackar
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
No TMAC to me is not even int he top five.

BALLER71
07-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Wat was his record??

I would like to see T-Mac play with 6 D-Leaguers on his team.
Shawn Marion-Out for the Season
Haslem-Out for the Season

The Heat starting lineup: Mark Blount, Stephane Lasme, Dorrel Wright, Kasib Powell, Jason Williams.
I would love to see T-Mac play with that team.

zezak
07-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Wat was his record??

How many times out of the first round?

MiamiHeat
07-07-2008, 11:37 AM
wade is 2nd end of topic

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
Wat was his record??

Doesnt matter... Its not liek Tmac and the rockets went anywhere... Oo im sorry they went to the 1st round of the playoffs.. sorry i 4got rocket fans and tmac consider that the tremendous achievement,, Congrats!:rolleyes:

Wade won a ring already and hes so much younger too... hes accomplished so much more.. so early in his career.

BALLER71
I'm waiting for a houston fan's response....?

t mac and vick
07-07-2008, 12:05 PM
wade cant shoot check his 3pt fg% and his jumpshots outside of 15 feet he is a great slasher with arsenal weapon at attacking the rim but just like lebron he can't shoot

Jay22Redd
07-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Lets just be real.....NO

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Tracy McGrady
4. Joe Johnson
5. Ray Allen

kswissdaf
07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
tmac wasnt even on d wades level when he was in his prime and now that he is older no way

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Here's a nice little article for you guys:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

PER becomes a much more effective means of performance measurement over a long stretch of time... not 7 games.

Also, PER is based on league/player averages (in this case, presumably Finals averages for both teams). In Wade's case (and Duncan's in 2003), no one else dominated during those Finals, which would mean that their own dominance would be compared to only non-dominant players playing in the series. In Jordan's case in '91, both Magic and Pippen clearly outplayed any non-Wade and non-Duncan player in the '06 and '03 Finals. In other words, there wasn't the deviation from other players in the series that Wade and Duncan enjoyed because, well, there were better players playing in Jordan's series. This also explains how a 41/9/6/51% series from Jordan in '93 only measured a 27.6 in PER -- because Barkley averaged something like 27/14/53% that series (and Pip put up like 21/9/8). This is exactly what the case is, since 41/8.5/6.3/51% (Jordan's 1993 Finals averages) is well beyond Jordan's season averages that year in every category, yet he recorded a 29.7 PER that season and supposedly only a 27.6 PER during the Finals. That's because he had other players playing in those Finals (Barkley, Magic, Pippen in both '91 and '93) who played at a very high level while Wade and Duncan didn't.

Pretty easy to understand, actually. Basically, there was a greater deviation from Wade and the other players in the '06 Finals than there was between Jordan and other players in his best Finals because, well, there were better players having better series in those Finals.

raptors_516
07-07-2008, 12:11 PM
tmac is like the 4 or 5 best sg

Pujolsfan91
07-07-2008, 12:26 PM
T-mac is one of my favorite players, but D-Wade is definitely the second best sg in the nba. Kobe is obviously #1.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
07-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Lets just be real.....NO

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Tracy McGrady
4. Joe Johnson
5. Ray Allen

Wow.. Tell me how Ray Allen, Joe johnson, and tmac are ther above VInce carter and allen Iverson?... Stop being so ignorant

I'll say it again untill i get a reason .. Only three players in the NBa last season averaged more than 20ppg, 6rbpg. and 5 ast Pg. and that is Lebron james, Kopbe Braynt and VINCE CARTER.... and he has accomplished some more than tmac and joe JOhnson.... Ray ALlen is super overrated... I kno u wouldnt take allen over carter.. NO one would..

1) kobe
2) Wade
3) Iverson
4) Carter
5) tmac
6) joe JOhnson
7) Michael Redd
8) manu Ginobli
9) Richar hamilton( forgot him on the earlier post)
10) Kevin MArtin
11) Ray Allen... > thats where he belongs

Lakerfrk
07-07-2008, 12:40 PM
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Allen Iverson
4. Tracy McGrady
5. Michael Redd
6. Joe Johnson

chicagowhitesox
07-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Now what?!

What does this have to do with anything?

NYMetros
07-07-2008, 12:47 PM

IMO McGrady is the 3rd best SG in the NBA. Wade has to be the #2 SG in the NBA. He's won a Championship and put up very good numbers in his first couple years in the league. If McGrady can win a ring then he may give Wade a bit of a fight for that spot though.

Chaudhry
07-07-2008, 01:03 PM
how has tmac made out in the playoffs? oya thats right...

I believe T-Mac hasn't gotten past the first round of the playoffs, I'm not too sure on that.
But Wade has carried his team to the finals, he had one of the best performances in the Finals.

Career Playoff Averages

---------RPG----APG----TO----PPG

T-mac---6.9-----6.2----3.21---28.5

D-wade--5.3----6.0----4.24----25.3

less reb.... less assists... more turnovers and less points? your all looking at team performance in the playoffs... the question is whose the better individual performer...

HouRealCoach
07-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I would like to see T-Mac play with 6 D-Leaguers on his team.
Shawn Marion-Out for the Season
Haslem-Out for the Season

The Heat starting lineup: Mark Blount, Stephane Lasme, Dorrel Wright, Kasib Powell, Jason Williams.
I would love to see T-Mac play with that team.

THat wasnt always their squad that was the end of the season....and T-Mac's Orlandosquad was pretty wack

HouRealCoach
07-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Doesnt matter... Its not liek Tmac and the rockets went anywhere... Oo im sorry they went to the 1st round of the playoffs.. sorry i 4got rocket fans and tmac consider that the tremendous achievement,, Congrats!:rolleyes:

Wade won a ring already and hes so much younger too... hes accomplished so much more.. so early in his career.

Who Cant?!?!?!? when you have Pat Riley as coach....Shaq, Walker, Payton, Mourning, Haslem, Posey, and J-Dubb....N your getting the wackest calls in the NBA....He gets a call if someone looks at him....no wonder he goes to the rim so much but look at T-Macs teams he have faced in the playoffs in the first round and look at Wades and who he had on his team....My point exactly

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Career Playoff Averages

---------RPG----APG----TO----PPG

T-mac---6.9-----6.2----3.21---28.5

D-wade--5.3----6.0----4.24----25.3

less reb.... less assists... more turnovers and less points? your all looking at team performance in the playoffs... the question is whose the better individual performer...

Its not whats on paper, its what you do in the game, the little things, or etc, Who cares point is WHO HAS A RING???????

dre1990
07-07-2008, 01:50 PM
hes is not a SG, A.I isnt either he's my top 5

1. KB24
2. D-Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Ray Allen
5. Redd

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 01:53 PM
You rocket fans should put up a new Thread, " IS ALSTON THE BEST POINT GUARD IN THE LEAGUE." since you people do think your rocket players are the best.

DQL
07-07-2008, 01:57 PM
someone just compared the playoffs stats of a guy who can't get passed the 1st round w/ a Finals MVP's :pity:

Remmni
07-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Shooting percentage wise and scoring wise easily Kevin MArtin is the #2 best SG in the league Actually the only guy on the list thats not a ball hog and doesnt take 40 shots but still puts up top 5 pionts per game

Ballah0liC1
07-07-2008, 01:58 PM

come on now carried his team how is miami doing without shaq

snow22
07-07-2008, 02:08 PM
on the top 6 list i would include monte ellis i think he is underated.wade over tmac. tmac hasnt even won a playoff series

MiamiHeat
07-07-2008, 02:23 PM

how did houston do without yao?

skyhibballpj87
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
tmac right now i would say is either the third or 4th best sg only because his durability is a major factor. when your only guranteed to play 60 games a season idc how good you are if your on the bench it doesnt help. wade is still young and yes he was injured most of last season but until he has the injury consistently like tmac he is still better. when healthy tmac is a monster when hes healthy but how often is that not that often which is why the rockets never made it out of the first round not because of lack of talent because of injuries rockets could have been in the finals if not for yaos injury. but ya know stuff happens and tmacs back is pratically shot so thats y his progress is down. i mean it messes with your rythm and im sure he played alot of games where he wasnt even remotely close to 100 % so when completly healthy i think tmac could be close to kobe status but even with injuries hes still at least the 3rd or 4th best sg followed closely by joe johnson and rip hamilton.

BALLER71
07-07-2008, 02:42 PM

When I said in the Finals I meant in the Finals.
Not the whole season, in the Finals.
He averaged 35 PPG, greatest finals performance ever

SwaggaIke
07-07-2008, 02:57 PM
LMAO @ T Mac's playoff stats. If I only went w/ 2 women and had sex w/ both of them, of course my average is better than the man who's gone w/ 10 women and had sex w/ 5 of them. How many playoff games does T Mac play on average a year? 5? 6? LOL. D Wade has been going deep into the post season his entire career. Tracy has been floundering in the postseason his entire career. D Wade is clearly the league's second best 2 guard.

Chaudhry
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Its not whats on paper, its what you do in the game, the little things, or etc, Who cares point is WHO HAS A RING???????

someone just compared the playoffs stats of a guy who can't get passed the 1st round w/ a Finals MVP's :pity:

we're not comparing teams we're comparing individuals... again robert horry has 7 rings charles barkely and karl malone put together have 0... we're asking who the better individual is... and tmac is one of the better defenders in the league so if you look on or off the paper tmac has been more impressive INDIVIDUALLY then d wade has so far in his career.

LMAO @ T Mac's playoff stats. If I only went w/ 2 women and had sex w/ both of them, of course my average is better than the man who's gone w/ 10 women and had sex w/ 5 of them. How many playoff games does T Mac play on average a year? 5? 6? LOL. D Wade has been going deep into the post season his entire career. Tracy has been floundering in the postseason his entire career. D Wade is clearly the league's second best 2 guard.

that would make sense if tmac hadn't played 38 playoff games...

netsmetsjets88
07-07-2008, 03:22 PM
1.Wade(when healthy way more clutch than any of these guys)
2.Kobe
3.A.I
4.T-Mac
5.Vince Carter

MiamiHeat
07-07-2008, 03:24 PM
1.Wade(when healthy way more clutch than any of these guys)
2.Kobe
3.A.I
4.T-Mac
5.Vince Carter

he was the best in the championship run year,

DreamShaker
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
He is 3rd behind Wade and Kobe.....

daleja424
07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
we're not comparing teams we're comparing individuals... again robert horry has 7 rings charles barkely and karl malone put together have 0... we're asking who the better individual is... and tmac is one of the better defenders in the league so if you look on or off the paper tmac has been more impressive INDIVIDUALLY then d wade has so far in his career.

that would make sense if tmac hadn't played 38 playoff games...

Lets remember that T-Macs playoff career didn't start until his third year in the league... allowing him to start out putting up great stats... where wade has been in the playoffs every year (Besides last year) since his rookie year. And yet even his rookie year Wade lead the heat into the second round...

Thats the only reason wades numbers are so low. His first year he only averaged 18 ppg as a rookie (what a loser...sarcasm). And then he playd 4 games with a dislocated shoulder two years ago where he only averaged 24 ppg...

hmm ya impressive T-Mac stat btw. T-Mac has played in 38 playoff games in 11 years as a pro... Unfortunately wade has played in 58 in 5 years...hmmmm

BigEric
07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
He's sort of on the decline of his career. I'm not saying he's going to suck, but I mean he's not in his prime anymore. Wade is getting better, and was better. Martin is always getting up there as well.

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. T-Mac
4. Iverson
5. Ginobli

Chronz
07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Yea Tmac isnt on Wade's level, and Im a huge Tmac supporter

But with Wade injured and the Heat floundering, Tmac may surpass him yet again, unless his decline continues in which case its not even close.

Chaudhry
07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Lets remember that T-Macs playoff career didn't start until his third year in the league... allowing him to start out putting up great stats... where wade has been in the playoffs every year (Besides last year) since his rookie year. And yet even his rookie year Wade lead the heat into the second round...

Thats the only reason wades numbers are so low. His first year he only averaged 18 ppg as a rookie (what a loser...sarcasm). And then he playd 4 games with a dislocated shoulder two years ago where he only averaged 24 ppg...

hmm ya impressive T-Mac stat btw. T-Mac has played in 38 playoff games in 11 years as a pro... Unfortunately wade has played in 58 in 5 years...hmmmm

and in tmacs third year he was 21 and in his first year dwade was also 21... but nonetheless lets forget about the first year... tmacs numbers are still much more impressive in the playoffs... at 22 he put up 33ppg... 11 years as a pro yes... first 3 with a team not even 5 years old... next 4 with a team as pitiful as miami this year (orlando). dwade started with a great team and he got shaq his second year... again like i said we're talking about INDIVIDUAL players...

Dirty Dirk41
07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Kobe
A.I
Wade
T-MAC
Ray Ray

SeoulBeatz
07-07-2008, 04:51 PM
man people forget how good wade actually is!!!

before he got hurt... he was in Lebron's league, and now everyone writes him off cus of one bad season.

i like T-Mac more than wade but wade gets just as good overall stats as tmac, AND he has won a championship (because of himself, he was soooo clutch)

Dwayne Wade Career Stats: 1 championship, 1 second round appearance.
24.6 ppg, 4.8rpg, 6.5apg, 1.7 spg, 0.8bpg

Tracy McGrady: Never out of the second round
22.4ppg, 6.2 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.9 bpg

I LOVE TMAC, but the dude isnt better than wade.

BDAWK11
07-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Why ever single week we have a new one on T-Mac or Yao. Seriously?

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 04:55 PM
no

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Why ever single week we have a new one on T-Mac or Yao. Seriously?

their both chokers....:smoking:

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
1.kb
2.ai
3.wade
4.mcgriddles
5.carter
6.allen
7.roy
8.richardson

daleja424
07-07-2008, 05:08 PM
and in tmacs third year he was 21 and in his first year dwade was also 21... but nonetheless lets forget about the first year... tmacs numbers are still much more impressive in the playoffs... at 22 he put up 33ppg... 11 years as a pro yes... first 3 with a team not even 5 years old... next 4 with a team as pitiful as miami this year (orlando). dwade started with a great team and he got shaq his second year... again like i said we're talking about INDIVIDUAL players...

hmmm... T-mac has a higher ppg in the playoffs then Lebron, Kobe, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, etc... so I guess he is better then them too huh???

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 05:32 PM
hmmm... T-mac has a higher ppg in the playoffs then Lebron, Kobe, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, etc... so I guess he is better then them too huh???

WHAT?............not t-bag:smoking:

grega1976
07-07-2008, 07:26 PM
As a Rockets fan I'm embarrassed when I see threads started about TMac's greatness.. I can think of atleast 5 wing players I would trade MeMac for in an instant.. I don't have a problem with the Yao posts, since there is atleast room for debate between him and Howard, and most will agree that they are the only two C's in the league.. but McBaby.. come on..

Kobe
AI
Wade
Manu
Carter
than MAYBE TMac.. MAYBE

Beno7500
07-07-2008, 07:54 PM
T Mac is horrible. Vastly overrated. 30 shots to get 30 points

pimpunleashed
07-07-2008, 07:55 PM
how can u ppl say iverson and t-mac are better then wade wow t-mac cant get out of the 1st round and iverson is just under wade by a little....i hate kobe but he is the #1 SG then wade

elshiznato31
07-07-2008, 08:17 PM
I think you guys are all missing a key player. He dons the #11 jersey in NY...his name...Jamal Crawford.

OUfan4life15
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Wow, alot of Tmac hate going on in this topic. Let's face it, ONE time in Tmac's career did he have a team that was supposed to win a playoff series, ONE time. Even with that, he took the number 1 seed Detroit to 7 games, and was pretty much the best player on the entire planet during that series.

It's easy to rag on Tmac for not getting out of the first round, but he's only really had one team that was supposed to win, and that was the 06-07 Rockets against the Jazz. They went to 7 games and barely lost game 7, so it wasn't like it was a huge upset or anything, was a very competitive series. Sure Wade has a ring, but look he had on his team. Swap Tmac and Wade, and the result is the same. Tmac had who on his team in Orlando? That's right, no one even worth mentioning except for maybe Mike Miller, who wasn't as good as he his now. Who has he had in Houston? Yao, that's pretty much it. The only year that Tmac has actually gotten some good players around him along with Yao, was this past season, and Yao got hurt. If Yao had been healthy, they would of been out of the first round easily.

Possibly even beaten the Lakers in the 2nd round as well, which were top dogs in the west this year. Ok, sure Tmac should have probably beaten Detroit, but you can only go so far on your own, I mean hell he single handedly took them to 7 games, that's impressive. Wait and see this year, all the Tmac hate about getting out of the first round will end, you can quote me on it, they will get out of the first round next year.

Ok now having said that, as they are right now it depends. If Wade comes back and plays like he did when he won a championship then he's better then Tmac, if he doesn't then I'd give the edge to Tmac. Tmac has some of the best court vision in the league, and he makes his teammates better. I'm not so sure Wade does that as well as Tmac.

CORY_RITCH
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM

Now what?!

not to mention that t-mac has yao ming while d-wade had nobody, and dont you even attempt to say shaq because shaq is as useful as a 3rd tit

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I think you guys are all missing a key player. He dons the #11 jersey in NY...his name...Jamal Crawford.

:laugh::laugh2:

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow, alot of Tmac hate going on in this topic. Let's face it, ONE time in Tmac's career did he have a team that was supposed to win a playoff series, ONE time. Even with that, he took the number 1 seed Detroit to 7 games, and was pretty much the best player on the entire planet during that series.

It's easy to rag on Tmac for not getting out of the first round, but he's only really had one team that was supposed to win, and that was the 06-07 Rockets against the Jazz. They went to 7 games and barely lost game 7, so it wasn't like it was a huge upset or anything, was a very competitive series. Sure Wade has a ring, but look he had on his team. Swap Tmac and Wade, and the result is the same. Tmac had who on his team in Orlando? That's right, no one even worth mentioning except for maybe Mike Miller, who wasn't as good as he his now. Who has he had in Houston? Yao, that's pretty much it. The only year that Tmac has actually gotten some good players around him along with Yao, was this past season, and Yao got hurt. If Yao had been healthy, they would of been out of the first round easily.

Possibly even beaten the Lakers in the 2nd round as well, which were top dogs in the west this year. Ok, sure Tmac should have probably beaten Detroit, but you can only go so far on your own, I mean hell he single handedly took them to 7 games, that's impressive. Wait and see this year, all the Tmac hate about getting out of the first round will end, you can quote me on it, they will get out of the first round next year.

Ok now having said that, as they are right now it depends. If Wade comes back and plays like he did when he won a championship then he's better then Tmac, if he doesn't then I'd give the edge to Tmac. Tmac has some of the best court vision in the league, and he makes his teammates better. I'm not so sure Wade does that as well as Tmac.

:confused:

THE MTL
07-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Allen Iverson is the second best SG. I put him over Wade because unlike Wade, Iverson plays with injuries and plays well too.

Tracy McGrady is not even debatable. Until the winning streak, his importance on the team was questioned.

Top SG's
1. Kobe
2. Iverson
3. Wade
4. McGrady
5. Johnson

daleja424
07-07-2008, 09:59 PM
Allen Iverson is the second best SG. I put him over Wade because unlike Wade, Iverson plays with injuries and plays well too.

Tracy McGrady is not even debatable. Until the winning streak, his importance on the team was questioned.

Top SG's
1. Kobe
2. Iverson
3. Wade
4. McGrady
5. Johnson

ummmm wade played with a dislocated shouder being held together with like a shoe string...

and even in the winning streak... it was about a lot more then T-mac... it was all the crappy young guys stepping up...

Leftcoast_yg
07-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Better than T-Mac?

Nooooooo.

As far as making his team better? That's debatable.

As far as 1 on 1? T-Mac will eat him alive. T-Mac can post him up all-day every day. His spin off shot is still smooth as ever and he has a good 4-6 inches on Wade. 4 to 6 inches in height is A LOT more added to wingspan.

T-Mac can rebound, block, and score better than Wade.

I know T-Mac can play better defense than Wade, I've seen both.

Wade doesn't suck on defense, it's just T-Mac has the advantage at being quick, longer, and has more experience.

pretty much what would have wrote, wade is overrated and hyped up by media and officials dude cant play one on one d cant shoot from the arc, if you cant do either of those how can u be 2nd best in the league:confused:

BALLER71
07-07-2008, 10:02 PM
pretty much what would have wrote, wade is overrated and hyped up by media and officials dude cant play one on one d cant shoot from the arc, if you cant do either of those how can u be 2nd best in the league:confused:

He wins games.
Clutch Shots, taking it to the rim, making the extra pass, playing defense.

Wade > T-Mac.
Look at the poll.
71-21.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-07-2008, 10:03 PM
This is a tough one with Wade being hurt this year. I still say he was better than Kobe in the championship year. As of today would say, however the list is more like:
1. Kobe
2. Iverson
3. Wade
4. T Mac.
BUT...I think next year it will be:
1. Wade
2. Kobe

agobbi17
07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
the difference between Wade and Tmac is not there stats. But the ROCKETS WON GAMES. thats what counts, he was a team player and made his team better, thats why they went farther and did better. Even without Yao, Tmac made the rockets go hard.

homestarunner93
07-07-2008, 10:08 PM
1. Kobe
2. Wade
3. Iverson
4. T-Mac

eagles520
07-07-2008, 10:14 PM

Now what?!

if we're gonna go by stats than iverson is better than wade. 26/7/3 1.95 spg..not to mention iverson has played way better than wade throughout his career than wade has. iverson has been great every year including his rookie year.

BALLER71
07-07-2008, 10:15 PM
the difference between Wade and Tmac is not there stats. But the ROCKETS WON GAMES. thats what counts, he was a team player and made his team better, thats why they went farther and did better. Even without Yao, Tmac made the rockets go hard.

:sigh:
You guys don't learn.

Can T-Mac win games with Jason Williams as your PG, Kasib Powell as your SG, Stephane Lasme as your PF and Earl Barron as your C?
Give Wade Yao and Battier, let's watch what he does.

THE MTL
07-07-2008, 10:16 PM
if we're gonna go by stats than iverson is better than wade. 26/7/3 1.95 spg..not to mention iverson has played way better than wade throughout his career than wade has. iverson has been great every year including his rookie year.

Iverson is better than Wade!

Chronz
07-07-2008, 11:45 PM

Tmac in his prime was as great a playoff performer as there is, his teams were just mega crappy.

Chaudhry
07-07-2008, 11:48 PM

no because all these people have stats other then ppg where they excelled... i was countering an argument saying wade once averaged 24ppg...

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 11:54 PM

Well Magic and Bird have finals and league mvp's so no.

LAKERS 24/7
07-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Wade is primarily facing Eastern teams.

You have to understand the schedule of Western and Eastern teams.

Western teams face every Eastern team twice.
Eastern teams face every Western team twice.

Western teams face every Western team three times.
Eastern teams face every Eastern team three times.

Western teams face every team in its division four times.
Eastern teams face every team in its division four times.

Take a look at the playoff seeds on the East. Everyone under the 3rd seed don't stand a chance on the West.

There is no way in HELL that you can convince me that Wade is better than T-Mac.

This is making me laugh... This thread is getting out of hand when you see people debating whether T-Mac or Wade is better...

HONK HONK! All aboard the Wade Bandwagon!

I think this is the only thing we will ever agree on. Your definetly dead wrong about Bynum, but you are right here. Wade is a tool of the nba and there have definetly been games rigged in favor of him. 06' championship was straight BS. That said though I'd say T MAC and Wade are about even.

SwaggaIke
07-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Laker fans...lmao. I bet the 04 Finals were rigged too. 4 straight games rigged huh? 4 straight?

PrymaL
07-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Laker fans...lmao. I bet the 04 Finals were rigged too. 4 straight games rigged huh? 4 straight?

butthurt much?

SwaggaIke
07-08-2008, 03:54 AM
butthurt much?

Naw we got a championship. "Lets get it done next year fellas".

Leftcoast_yg
07-08-2008, 03:54 AM
wade is overrated your just hyped up, who would you have on your team if you had to play against either or, i would definately have T- mac he would spank d wade, and all u guys talk about wade was injured, so was t- mac, back spasm and shoulder injuries as well and back spasm are the worst especially when you try to dunk or shoot, and to play through them, wow..plus wade is a traveling agent with that spin move trying to be like kobe, always travels just to quick for the refs to catch it even bynum has a better spin move, hahaha

PrymaL
07-08-2008, 03:58 AM

Lakers have 0 championships, butthurt much?

Leftcoast_yg
07-08-2008, 04:01 AM

butthurt much?

you guys are gonna be done alright by the time playoffs come, its funny how wade fans would say wade plays better than kobe and is better than him but who's gonna start for the olympics and who has the defensive assignment to guard the best player on the opposing teams, not wade, hint: 81 points

FOBolous
07-08-2008, 04:10 AM
maybe a few years ago he was...heck, a few years ago..you can make a case that Tmac's the best SG in the NBA. but now? no. not even close...several players come to mind that i would rather have than Tmac.

stawka
07-08-2008, 04:13 AM
To the Laker fan complaining about Wade's Championship run being rigged, we can look back a couple of years earlier when the Lakers beat the Kings. Only this time, it is proven that it was rigged.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 04:13 AM
To the Laker fan complaining about Wade's Championship run being rigged, we can look back a couple of years earlier when the Lakers beat the Kings. Only this time, it is proven that it was rigged.

Oooooo.

Got ya there :rimshot:

OUfan4life15
07-08-2008, 04:36 AM
:sigh:
You guys don't learn.

Can T-Mac win games with Jason Williams as your PG, Kasib Powell as your SG, Stephane Lasme as your PF and Earl Barron as your C?
Give Wade Yao and Battier, let's watch what he does.

Are you kidding me? These are some of the guys Tmac had on the 02-03 Magic when they took the Pistons to 7 games. Pat Garrity, Darrel Armstrong, Mike Miller, Jaque Vaughn, Shawn Kemp, Andrew DecClercq, and Jeryl Sassler where the next top minute guys next to Tmac. He also had Gordan Giricek, Grant Hill, Pat Burke, and Drew Gooden.

Don't feed me this garbage about who Wade had last year, for Tmac to take this team to 42-40, win the scoring title, and take the number 1 seed Pistons to 7 games, Wade would not do the same thing with that team. Sure Mike Miller is good now, but he wasn't that good at the time, Shawn Kemp was like 70 so he didn't really matter, Giricek is like Miller, wasn't as good as he is now, though he really isn't that good now. Grant Hill only played in 29 games, and Drew Gooden follows the same mold as Miller and Giricek.

Tmac led the team in pretty much every stat except for steals, Darrel Armstrong had 11 more steals overall. Wade won a championship when he had a lot of good players around him, Shaq, Posey, Payton, Walker, Williams, and whoever else he had. Tmac has pretty much had Yao since he's been in Houston, then in 06-07 they got Battier, now they've added Scola, Landry, and Alston played like a completely different player this last year. Landry is a beast off the bench, Jackson has won the 6th man award before, he can produce off the bench, plus their still free agency and their trying to get Brent Barry, a suitable back up for Tmac in which they have not had in Luther Head.

Give this current team a chance and see what they do, if they're healthy and lose in the first round again then the Rockets aren't going anywhere with Tmac for sure, and he'll be traded. He's finally got the pieces around him and Yao he needs to advance, they just need health come the post season. He's finally got a solid starting group to go along with him, and a solid bench, theres every reason to believe the Rockets will be a top 4 seed in the west once again. However, health is the biggest issue, and hopefully their all healthy so all of you Tmac haters will finally shut up when he gets out of the first round.

freedas
07-08-2008, 05:39 AM

kobe
d wade
iverson
tmac
ray allen

TMAC94
07-08-2008, 06:22 AM
tmac and wade is debateable, but AI, is not better than tmac sure he tooks his team futher than tmac but the dude jacks up too many shots, same as wade.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 07:11 AM
tmac and wade is debateable, but AI, is not better than tmac sure he tooks his team futher than tmac but the dude jacks up too many shots, same as wade.

Whoah I was defending your boy, but until you said better than AI?

Take a look at both of their resumes and tell me who is better.

Jacks up too many shots? Kobe does same thing... Only thing is he has a higher chance of making buckets..

Your boy's FG% this season is .419... Worse than Allen Iversons which is at 46%. Not to mention your boy is younger than AI.

Your boy's career FG% is lower than both Kobe's and AI's.... You better do your math before you say stuff like that.

AI and T-Mac both had ****ty teams and they were both on the East...

The guy who had a much more higher impact took his team further...

And someone who has a higher impact is indeed better...

AI > T-Mac

TMAC94
07-08-2008, 08:25 AM
AI shouldnt be put as a SG coz for the most of his career he was a PG.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 08:29 AM
AI shouldnt be put as a SG coz for the most of his career he was a PG.

That's true....

But we all agreed along the lines of the best GUARD, rather than shooting guard.

Baron Davis and Steve Francis can easily join the conversation, but wouldn't rank among Kobe, AI, and T-Mac.

TMAC94
07-08-2008, 08:44 AM
That's true....

But we all agreed along the lines of the best GUARD, rather than shooting guard.

Baron Davis and Steve Francis can easily join the conversation, but wouldn't rank among Kobe, AI, and T-Mac.

does that mean were talking about gaurds who play both ? or pgs like steve nash and CP3

SwaggaIke
07-08-2008, 08:56 AM
you guys are gonna be done alright by the time playoffs come, its funny how wade fans would say wade plays better than kobe and is better than him but who's gonna start for the olympics and who has the defensive assignment to guard the best player on the opposing teams, not wade, hint: 81 points

Who said Wade played better than Kobe? Who said Wade was better than Kobe? I said Wade is better than T Mac and he is. Your dickeating *** Laker fanboy came in this thread goin hard about the Heat. I didn't say **** about the Lakers until he tried to go hard. The Lakers have been garbage for the past 3 years and they finally get back up and you Laker fans get cocky like the Lakers are the best thing smokin. Truth is, the Pistons would have beaten the Lakers just like the Celtics did. Truth is, your superstar didn't even want to remain on your team this time last year. Truth is the Lakers have lost the last two finals they have appeared in. At the end of the day, the goal is to win a championship. That's the only thing that matters. And at the end of the day, the Lakers or Heat didn't do that. Both franchises are at home while Boston hoists the trophy. The Lakers are just the first of the 30 losers.

hades
07-08-2008, 09:03 AM
tmac after kobe

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 09:03 AM
does that mean were talking about gaurds who play both ? or pgs like steve nash and CP3

Guards who can respectively switch out.

The more "versatile" guards who can hang with the 1 and the 2

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 09:08 AM
tmac after kobe

I want everyone in this thread to explain why T-Mac is over AI?

AI is crushing him in stats.

He passes more, his FG% is better, he carried his team to the finals, he scores more, he steals more, he's 2nd highest playoff scorer, 3rd highest PPG scorer, rookie of the year, 4 time NBA scoring champion, lead the league twice in steals, 9 time all star, 2 time NBA all star Game MVP, AN MVP AWARD, all-star rookie game MVP...

To T-Mac's what? Most improved player of the year, 2 time scoring champ, and 7 time all star?

OPEN YOUR EYES.

TMAC94
07-08-2008, 09:10 AM
^^ you have me there. but i still like tmac NOW.

SwaggaIke
07-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Because AI is not a 2 guard to me anymore.

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 09:22 AM
^^ you have me there. but i still like tmac NOW.

That's all gravy. :D

I'm not trying to belittle T-Mac's game, no way no sir.. T-Mac is a beast...

It just infuriates me to see people put a younger super star before a legendary super star who's still crushing all of the younger cats.

OUfan4life15
07-08-2008, 04:26 PM
To be fair, Iverson hasn't had the type of Injuries that Tmac has, and even though he's older he still plays younger then Tmac. Tmac is like 28 or so, but do to his injuries he plays like hes in his 30s. Also, Tmac is a better passer then Iverson, and makes his teammates better then what Iverson does. I'm about to consider the Nuggets a lost cause, Melo and AI are never going to play the type of defense needed for them to do anything.

You can say all you want about Iverson's steals, but it's because he gambles as much as anyone in the league, and for every gamble that works, theres probably 2 that fail and hurts his team. Melo is quickly becoming one of my least favorite players, the only ability he has is to score and that's it, I guess you can count rebounding...but everybody rebounds. He shows no desire whatsoever to play defense, I can't stand to watch him play any more.

Tmac could easily be one of the top assists guys in the league every year, he just always has sub par players around him that don't make shots. Wouldn't be surprised to see Tmac's assist in the 7+ per game range this year though.

pippsux
07-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I am a rocket's fan and even I know he is not the 2nd best in the NBA. Most talented, yes. 2nd best, no, definately top 5.