PDA

View Full Version : Holes in the order.

moneyball
07-07-2008, 06:34 AM
With Varitek slumping badly and Lugo being a garbage pail, the bootom of the order in NL esque. This would be ok if the 3 and 4 spots have also become near automatic outs. Drew is back to normal and Manny has been useless with Ortiz. If Ortiz does not get back soon this will be a huge problem. Is there anyone who would not rather see Pedroia up in a key situation than Drew or Manny?

Brooke
07-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Pedroia is the AL's hottest hitter and he seems to always comes through right now. Manny has always been good in the clutch but no matter what he says there is something off, this isn't Manny especially his at bat last night

if Papi doesn't come back soon and isn't himself I will be very worried, we need him back badly

knittingmill
07-07-2008, 09:32 AM
i would drop ellsbury down to break up that black hole and take some pressure off him.

RedSoxtober
07-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Collectively the team is pretty awful at the plate. The All star break will be very timely. They will hopefully get Ortiz back and the lineup will get some time off. They've still played more games than any other team in MLB (except OAK) and the fewest home games to boot.

Rest, boys, and come back stronger in the second half.

Ewagner
07-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Personally i think they are down playing ortiz's injury. just for the simple fact that if they say he is done for the year or is more seriously hurt and try to go after a bat that team will ask for the world in return knowing that. i bat in the middle of the line up is going to right a lot of other problems.

Sc00py
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Well they are clearly in a slump right now, but remember how hot the Sox can get. The only guys that are really hitting right now are Pedroia, Youk, and Lowell. Everyone else has sorta tailed off.

The bullpen is terrible though. Really really awful.

TheLogical
07-07-2008, 02:29 PM
We need to get Manny back to being Manny NOW! Did you see the game yesterday? He didn't swing at a single pitch.:cry:

Also we need Papi back.

Pedroia 2nd Base
Drew Right field
Ortiz DH
Manny Left field
Lowell 3rd Base
Youk 1st Base
Lugo/Lowrie SS
Ellsbury Center field
Varitek Catcher
= WORLD SERIES

bugatti
07-07-2008, 02:34 PM
i'd do like the yanks but here's my order:

youk
pedroia
ortiz
manny
drew
lowell
ellsbury
varitek
lowrie

RedSoxtober
07-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Until Ortiz returns:

Pedroia, 2B
Youk, 1B
Drew, RF
Manny, LF
Casey, DH
Lowell, 3B
Ellsbury, CF
'Tek, C
Lugo, SS

I know that's a little whacked but it's only for a week or so. Youk produced fairly well at #2 in his career and could get back into grinder mode (rather than the producer mode that causes him to slam his helmet regularly). Ellsbury gets to take some pressure off by dropping. Casey has hit pretty well so far, still has a little power, but mostly has a LHB that prevents a situational guy from shutting down 4-5-6.

Ewagner
07-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Ortiz DH
Manny LF
Lowell 3B
Drew RF
Varitek C
Youklis 1B
Lowrie SS

K, let me explain this. everyone seems to want to move ellsbury and pedroia. ellsbury can get on base in so many ways. let him take his bumps now in the regular season. he will learn. pedroia is exceling why move him? it is the perfect spot for his skill set. now to the part where people are going to kill me. with varitek in between two very patient hitters will allow him to see more pitches.

lil'papi
07-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Thats what we need Tek seeing more pitches? He CAN'T see the BB right now so whats the point. I said this in ST his approach is getting worse and worse.
His loopy LH swing his opening his eyes real wide, his antics on close pitches all a sign of him struggling. He needs to see the ball and hit it. Keep it simple , stupid.

Ellsbury needs a drop down his OBP is way down. Just give him a wakeup call let him relax let him SEE more pitches. He might be able to hit one of them.

Pedy put him anywhere just ask him.

Youk the same.

We have holes no matter what changes are made Ortiz fills one of them that changes our whole order. Until we can move some deadwood its not fixable. (the holes)