PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our #2 WR?

griff141
07-07-2008, 05:55 AM
With training camp approaching, the number 2 WR spot vacated by Donte Stallworth needs to be filled. It looks like its going to come down to either Jabar Gaffney or Chad Jackson, who do you all think is going to win that spot?

subroc
07-07-2008, 06:39 AM
You must have watched different games than I did last year. Welker is the number 2 receiver on that team. the number 3 spot is eaisily Gaffney. By the end of last season, Gaffney clearly had the trust of Brady, probably more than Stallworth.

I believe the current pecking order is Moss, Welker, Gaffney with Jackson trying to work his way into the rotation. I expect the # 4 receiver will be Jackson, but don’t think it is a done deal. There are a bunch of young guys trying out for that spot and Kelly Washington will work hard for it too.

It should be fun watching it develop.

griff141
07-07-2008, 06:50 AM
My bad I probably should have been more specific. But I honestly think Jackson will be a starter by the middle of the season if he can show his stuff in training camp. We'll see though.

subroc
07-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Training camp starts July 24th.

The first pre-season game is August 7th.

Going to be a good season!

Ewagner
07-07-2008, 09:10 AM
With training camp approaching, the number 2 WR spot vacated by Donte Stallworth needs to be filled. It looks like its going to come down to either Jabar Gaffney or Chad Jackson, who do you all think is going to win that spot?

i understand the question. who will play on the opposite side of moss. welker will be in the slot. i think by mid season it will be jackson. jabar is a guy you can use to sneak up on people. jackson has to many intangibles not to be the on the other side. he's big with good hands. i could see him being like who'syourmamma in cincinnati. he will be the second fiddle but a very strong player.

KingJamsI
07-07-2008, 11:54 AM

I've been convinced since Stallworth left that it would be Jackson I think he will be very impressive too.

JerseyBrave
07-07-2008, 02:52 PM
#1 Moss
#2 is gaffney b/c he earned it last year
#3 (Slot) is welker, even though he might be the best receiver on the team. he is unstoppable in the slot.
#4 is jackson but if he proves he was worth the 2nd rd pick he could possible be the #2. \

This all means nothing b/c brady throws to whoever is open, so as long as yoy get open you will get the ball.

Fribbles
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
You must have watched different games than I did last year. Welker is the number 2 receiver on that team. the number 3 spot is eaisily Gaffney. By the end of last season, Gaffney clearly had the trust of Brady, probably more than Stallworth.

I believe the current pecking order is Moss, Welker, Gaffney with Jackson trying to work his way into the rotation. I expect the # 4 receiver will be Jackson, but donít think it is a done deal. There are a bunch of young guys trying out for that spot and Kelly Washington will work hard for it too.

It should be fun watching it develop.

Welker was WR #3 last season and i doubt you will see him as a number 2 WR when we only have 2 WR on the field. He is too small to be a #2 guy and he broke the Pats reception record last season playing from the slot, he is a slot WR not an number 2, number 2 will go to Chad Jackson who I think will have a better season as #2 than stallworth did. Gaffney is going to be #4 and play the slot as well. Welker is only 5'11 and you dont see many WR's under 6 feet as a number 2 guy...unless ur WR suck...which ours don't...look for Slater to be #5 when we go that package..

kazzy4080
07-08-2008, 10:55 PM
i think it will be jackson to start the season on a short leash, with gaffney ready to go just in case

SHONIE
07-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Jackson has pro-bowl potential. I still think that Welker is the #2 option, but in terms of a deep threat or more of a "weapon", I'd expect it to come down to Gaffney and Jackson.

Wake's Fastball
07-09-2008, 01:40 AM
I think Jackson gets the nod. I can't imagine they'd have kept him around this long if they weren't convinced he'd fill that spot one day, and he's got the physical tools to be a much better #2 receiver than Gaffney.

redsox96
07-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Itll go like this...

Moss
Gafney
Welker
Jackson
Slater

4favre4
07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Duh Welker