PDA

View Full Version : Future of Golden State

LAKERS 24/7
07-07-2008, 02:29 AM
How do you guys think the golden state warriors will do next year?

I personally beleive they wont even win 40 games next year simply becasue of the b diddy loss. he was the best player on their team and will be really hard to replace. He fit in really well with them. I think this loss and the loss of jason richardson the year before that will reall hurt in a competetive western conference. I don't see any way they make the playoffs unless something dramatic happens.

BigEric
07-07-2008, 02:34 AM
I agree, they have got no true leader, and their team really isn't a good western conference team.

BarryIsInnocent
07-07-2008, 02:41 AM
mane pleez fool. Us locs in the yay area aint even scared we got monta ellis. Everyone in da bay is crazy over monta. Hes the fan favorite, not baron. Monta will grow into the next Western conference stud. They might not make the playoffs next year but in the long haul its better that boom fizzle left. Baron davis is a smuck!!!! enjoy his injured *** in LA SON

TMAC94
07-07-2008, 02:57 AM
has monta signed back? what if he doesnt?

BigEric
07-07-2008, 03:05 AM
mane pleez fool. Us locs in the yay area aint even scared we got monta ellis. Everyone in da bay is crazy over monta. Hes the fan favorite, not baron. Monta will grow into the next Western conference stud. They might not make the playoffs next year but in the long haul its better that boom fizzle left. Baron davis is a smuck!!!! enjoy his injured *** in LA SON

Wow man, how many years did you stay in school?

Lincoln Logs
07-07-2008, 03:15 AM
It all depends on how well their youngsters can perform. I'm assuming Monta and Biedrins are going to resign, which is almost 100 percent likely. At the age of 22, those two are still so young, and have such high cielings that they haven't yet hit, so they can only get better. Steven Jack is still going to be solid 20 ppg guy, and the true leader of the team. A core of Biedrins, Monta, and Jackson is still solid.

However, the most intriguing aspect about the Warriors is how well Brandan Wright, the 8th pick from 2007 draft, and Marco Belinelli, the 17th pick perform. They weren't quite NBA ready last year, but in the minutes Wright got, he showed off his amazing athleticism and length, whilet Marco showed his flawless jumpshot. They both have the potential to be stars in the league, have both been working extreamly hard on their weaknesses, and since they have been guarenteed more minutes this year, could be able to shine. If they produce, this team could be pretty good.

That being said, there is only a slim, slim chance that they could make the playoffs. This year's Western Conference is shaping up to be tougher than even last years, and this young Warriors squad is not going to be able to make it, espicially without a true point guard to lead the way. Monta, if he truly is going to become a PG, will need more time, and there are no other PGs available who could really be a factor like Baron. They have a great coach, and they know how to score, but they will really need to step it up defensivly, an extreamly tough task with such a young team. I think they'll get their 40 games, as their squad is loaded with as much athleticsm and talent as any in the league, so could end up being a thorn in the side of many teams. Watch out in 2-3 years though. :)

Beno7500
07-07-2008, 03:53 AM
they were a one and done team. i say they win 35-37 games next year

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 04:05 AM
To be honest I think Golden State fell off ever since the departure of Baron.

God he ditched his fans and his teammates.

Backstabber!

Oakland can still count on Monta (hopefully?) and Andres Biedrins.

If I was the GM of this team, I would build the team around these two guys.

I think Golden State is going to do mediocre next year. They won't make it to the playoffs, but they will be about 4-5 games behind.

Don Nelson might get thrown out of office :(

You see what you have done Baron!?

#1Mavericksfan
07-07-2008, 04:08 AM
When Jason Richardson was traded that's really hurt them, he could spread the floor and was almost unstoppable, the other guys where getting wide open shots and there where so hard to defend most of the time but that was the past and I think there gonna really miss Jason Richardson in the long run, overrall I don't see them making the Playoffs they don't even have a leader anymore.

CaptainCool79
07-07-2008, 04:37 AM
Can you say "rebuilding?"

X12Celtics3
07-07-2008, 07:36 AM
They will not be a winning team this year. They have young players with lots of potential, but that puts them down around Minnesota and Seattle, Portland. If you take any team and remove the superstar, results will not be positive for the time in the immediate future. This team couldn't even make the playoffs with Baron Davis, let alone without him. It should take them a few seasons to adjust, and to allow Biedrins, Wright, Randolph, Bellinelli, and Ellis to develop and get some chemistry.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 07:53 AM
Can you say, "The New Sonics" ?

theimortalone
07-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Nah I just dont see it happening. Baron was a leader type player. The only reason why GS did not make the playoffs this past season is because the WC is so stacked. At least 9-10 teams will win 45+ games. I bet that GS does just miss the playoffs again tho, losing B Diddy really hurt them, all tho I believe that Ellis can lead the team, they need a Baron Davis type player on there team, now he is gone. Maybe next year. This is a year of rebuilding. The thing that sucks for them is the fact that they have alot of restricted and unrestricted players on there team.

Ragun
07-07-2008, 08:56 AM
How do you guys think the golden state warriors will do next year?

I personally beleive they wont even win 40 games next year simply becasue of the b diddy loss. he was the best player on their team and will be really hard to replace. He fit in really well with them. I think this loss and the loss of jason richardson the year before that will reall hurt in a competetive western conference. I don't see any way they make the playoffs unless something dramatic happens.

But it also depends if players like Belinelli and Wright develop.

_Sn1P3r_
07-07-2008, 09:38 AM
I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year. Once all their young guys play to their potential and develop, they'll be back in the playoff hunt.

*Superman*
07-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Best thing to do now is go young and develop the players and will probably be in the.350 area at the end of the season. Be prepared for draft night.lol

primetimekings
07-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Wow man, how many years did you stay in school?

How many times have u said that joke to a person with bad grammar?

BigEric
07-07-2008, 01:39 PM
How many times have u said that joke to a person with bad grammar?

It was my first time, because it was the worst I've seen. What's the point of you getting involved, my friend?