PDA

View Full Version : Oden vs. Bynum

jgonboricua
07-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Oden vs. Bynum

Untimatly who do you think will have the best carreer, win the most championships and be the most dominate center of our time?

my money is on oden

you could also write who you think will have the most injury ridden career since both just came off of major knee injuries...

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 01:12 AM
My money is on Oden as well.

Bynum is so overrated.

He has outstanding potential, but you know those Lakers fans. Putting him on a golden pedestal.

I think Oden is going to shut Bynum down when they play.

I mean hell, the Blazers already beat the Lakers twice this season (I believe).

With the addition of Greg Oden, that just maximizes their chances of stomping LA even more.

Lamarcus Aldridge is a BEAST!

stawka
07-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Bynum has the greater chance of winning more Championship Rings because he is from L.A. The Lakers just want to win Championships, while a team like the Blazers is content with making the Playoff's.

I think Oden will be a beast and will be the better player. Cant wait to see him battle out the big-men this year

PrymaL
07-07-2008, 01:20 AM

Bynum is so overrated.

He has outstanding potential, but you know those Lakers fans. Putting him on a golden pedestal.

With the addition of Greg Oden, that just maximizes their chances of stomping LA even more.

We put him on a golden pedestal because hes more than what his stats show. His footwork is just amazing for his age and I can tell already hes gonna have a good jump hook, im sure this is because hes working with Kareem. Another reason why is because the season where Kobe talked sh`t to him he was really bad but next season he surprised everyone with his game. I miss all the lobs Lakers threw to him and he`d just go and get it, was fun to watch.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 01:23 AM
We put him on a golden pedestal because hes more than what his stats show. His footwork is just amazing for his age and I can tell already hes gonna have a good jump hook, im sure this is because hes working with Kareem. Another reason why is because the season where Kobe talked sh`t to him he was really bad but next season he surprised everyone with his game. I miss all the lobs Lakers threw to him and he`d just go and get it, was fun to watch.

Dude, I understand the guy has great potential.

But he doesn't fit in the same sentence as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

He doesn't fit in the same sentence as Tim Duncan.

He doesn't even fit in the same sentence as Eric Dampier.

He has a lot of work to do, and I understand that he is young, but you Laker fans blow him up like he's some 7 foot god.

I don't think he's going to be legendary. I think he's going to be a great role player.

PrymaL
07-07-2008, 01:25 AM
When did I say hes gonna be the next anything? rofl

and if you really think eric dampier is better than bynum youre crazy, once again the stats dont show his game.

QuaLiThADoN
07-07-2008, 01:26 AM
i go with bynum.... massive potential... i think oden may b a bust idk i hope he proves me wrong

QuaLiThADoN
07-07-2008, 01:27 AM
oden hasn't even stepped into an nba game yet....

jgonboricua
07-07-2008, 01:28 AM
i think one major factor people are over looking in grag oden is high high foul frequency....hopefully he can learn to out grow that but i think in last years preseason he was fouling out of games with 10 fouls in not that long on time playing on the court....hopefully he can over come that

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 01:32 AM

and if you really think eric dampier is better than bynum youre crazy, once again the stats dont show his game.

12 rebounds, 12 points, 2 blocks a game.

Bynum hasn't reached that yet. I'm sure he will.

But those stats I just mentioned was Eric Dampier in Oakland.

Bynum hasn't reached 12, 12, and 2 yet. Therefore, he hasn't yet amounted to Eric Dampier in his so-called prime.

I'm not talking about this season.

I'm just saying I'd rather have an OG in the game than a young kid who is still learning the ropes.

RocketsRule
07-07-2008, 01:37 AM

Bynum hasn't reached 12, 12, and 2 yet. Therefore, he hasn't yet amounted to Eric Dampier in his so-called prime.

I'm just saying I'd rather have an OG in the game than a young kid who is still learning the ropes.

13 points , 10 reb, 2 blocks

Pretty damn close. Oden hasn't even stepped foot on an NBA court yet. It's easily Bynum.

PrymaL
07-07-2008, 01:38 AM
you havent seen laker games enough to know what im talking about so im gonna stop.

BH-Sports
im going to say andrew bynum

Greg oden is just pure out ugly a needs plastic surgery.. all the champions are atleast half-decent looking.

j/k.. i just say Bynum because he is soo lean, great footwork, and working with the best.(Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher, and Kareem Abduljabar). Oden is just working with his unexperienced teammates and wont progress as fast as Bynum

Crunchy12489
13 points , 10 reb, 2 blocks

Pretty damn close. Oden hasn't even stepped foot on an NBA court yet. It's easily Bynum.

Pretty damn close doesn't get you an award.

The Lakers didn't get a "ALMOST WON THE FINALS, TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME" award did they?

No cigar.

Quote me.

Oden > Bynum.

Lakers<>Packers
07-07-2008, 01:40 AM

Stats dont mean anything and dont show how well bynum really played. IMO Bynum will be an allstar, but Oden will have the better career. Bynum is better than dampier already too btw.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 01:40 AM

Greg oden is just pure out ugly a needs plastic surgery.. all the champions are atleast half-decent looking.

j/k.. i just say Bynum because he is soo lean, great footwork, and working with the best.(Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher, and Kareem Abduljabar). Oden is just working with his unexperienced teammates and wont progress as fast as Bynum

That's an interesting point.

I mean, Bynum will be working with Kareem nearly his whole career (until he leaves LA).

But don't count Greg out.

He's going to shock everyone in these forums come his true rookie year.

jgonboricua
07-07-2008, 01:58 AM
wat kind of numbers you guys think oden will put up next year?
i think he could put up maybe 15 and 9....give or take alil on the rebounds

J-E-T-S
07-07-2008, 02:02 AM
I think Oden will have the better career. i mean when he went OSU he completely dominated his opponents, and even during the NCAA tournament he was a beast.

Bynum on the other hand came out of high school and into the NBA. I played against Bynum when I was in high school for 2yrs. He played in the same conference as me in New Jersey. The fact that he was the tallest and biggest player in the conference made it easy for him to dominate the competition. Either way I cant consider him a better prospect than Oden because I stole the ball from him 4x in one game. :D. Although you cant evaluate someone based on turnovers, either way I did my part

GregOden#1
07-07-2008, 02:21 AM
i think one major factor people are over looking in grag oden is high high foul frequency....hopefully he can learn to out grow that but i think in last years preseason he was fouling out of games with 10 fouls in not that long on time playing on the court....hopefully he can over come that

Tim Duncan was fouling out of every game of summer league too, Ostertag was dominating him, and Duncan went on to become a rookie allstar. Summer league is possibly the worst place to judge a players performance.

LAKERS 24/7
07-07-2008, 02:22 AM
here's some stats for yo ***

bynum in his last 9 games or so before the injury was averging somewhere around the following

17-18 ppg 13 rpg 2-3 apg 2 bpg
off the top of my head, if someone could get specific stats for last 9 games it would be great. Not only that, his field goal percentage was 60%+. Also, that last stretch wsa not a fluke, he was getting better and better with every game, finally coming into his own. He played his best in the biggest games against the best competition (only exception was againt the c's and garnett). However he dominated amare and kaman, and played about on par with dwight. These stats don't even tell the whole story because he altered so many shots which put us into transition and gave us many easy baskets.

his last game before the injury

10-13 fg 25/17/2 3bs
not bad huh. he starting to put up numbers similar to this on a regular basis too. im too lazy right now but ill put up his stats against amare and dwight later

GregOden#1
07-07-2008, 02:22 AM
That's an interesting point.

I mean, Bynum will be working with Kareem nearly his whole career (until he leaves LA).

But don't count Greg out.

He's going to shock everyone in these forums come his true rookie year.

BTW Kareem used to work out with Kwame Brown and Kandi Man, and look how they turned out. Dont count Kareem's influence as a positive yet.

Chronz
07-07-2008, 02:28 AM
I cant decide until I see Oden play, hes definitely the guy Im rooting for because I dont much care for Bynum and his attitude but Oden will most likely not be as polished offensively and may not be much better defensively. So right now Ill take Bynum but if I had to start a franchise Id take my chances on Oden.

His stats are through the roof they just arent looking at the right ones

LAKERS 24/7
07-07-2008, 02:34 AM
I cant decide until I see Oden play, hes definitely the guy Im rooting for because I dont much care for Bynum and his attitude but Oden will most likely not be as polished offensively and may not be much better defensively. So right now Ill take Bynum but if I had to start a franchise Id take my chances on Oden.

His stats are through the roof they just arent looking at the right ones

Out of curiosity, what attitude are you talking about?

I thought he had a great attitude. Never replied to the kobe incident, just silently worked harder. Was always polite during interviews. Never really says anything wrong (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yY7xAF4XKS4 only exception haha). during his exit interview said he was going to work hard this summer, specically on what his team lacked. said he doesnt need the max money he jus wants to stay in la (his agent said the other bs). i think he's a great kid.

Teeboy1487
07-07-2008, 02:35 AM
I think Oden will have the better career. i mean when he went OSU he completely dominated his opponents, and even during the NCAA tournament he was a beast.

Bynum on the other hand came out of high school and into the NBA. I played against Bynum when I was in high school for 2yrs. He played in the same conference as me in New Jersey. The fact that he was the tallest and biggest player in the conference made it easy for him to dominate the competition. Either way I cant consider him a better prospect than Oden because I stole the ball from him 4x in one game. :D. Although you cant evaluate someone based on turnovers, either way I did my part What was that like 5 years ago. He is a far better player now. One question, are you in the nba stealing the ball from him now? I doubt it. Back to the thread, lets see what oden do first then I can answer this question. Right now they both get injured too much.

BH-Sports
07-07-2008, 03:00 AM
BTW Kareem used to work out with Kwame Brown and Kandi Man, and look how they turned out. Dont count Kareem's influence as a positive yet.

good point BUT!. kwame and kandi didnt show any sign of potential 1-2 years in to their nba career. but Andrew Bynum has. he has the lenght and the athleticms and kandi and kwame dont have

Chronz
07-07-2008, 03:07 AM

I thought he had a great attitude. Never replied to the kobe incident, just silently worked harder. Was always polite during interviews. Never really says anything wrong (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yY7xAF4XKS4 only exception haha). during his exit interview said he was going to work hard this summer, specically on what his team lacked. said he doesnt need the max money he jus wants to stay in la (his agent said the other bs). i think he's a great kid.

Just some stuff I read from members on CL, something about showing up late for practices cuz he was eating fruit loops, the way he dissed Shaq (I understand he was excited but you dont **** with Shaq), him wanting the Max and his agent is still his agent so I doubt Bynum wasnt behind it and just plain out his body language on the court reminds me abit of Darko but slightly less egotistical. Still though its nothing, I still like him as a player but his attitude compared to Oden's is ****.

sp1derm00
07-07-2008, 03:08 AM

The Lakers didn't get a "ALMOST WON THE FINALS, TRY AGAIN NEXT TIME" award did they?

No cigar.

Quote me.

Oden > Bynum.

Uhhh....

Dampier's best line:
12.3ppg, 12.0rpg, 1.9bpg .8apg in 32.5 mph and 53.5FG%

Bynum's line last year:
13.1ppg, 10.2rpg, 2.1bpg and 1.7apg in 28.8 mpg and 63.6FG%

Give me Bynum's line last year any day of the week... and he's only 20.

So yah, Dampier's line being ALMOST better than Bynum's doesn't get you an award.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-07-2008, 03:10 AM
Yea Bynum is way over-rated. People (lakers fans) think he's Kareem, like jazz fans think DWill and Booz are Stockton and Malone. PLEASE STOP take it for what it is. I think Oden is over-rated as well but when it's all set and done, Bynum will be better.

KiLLA RAiDER
07-07-2008, 03:20 AM

Bynum is so overrated.

I see ur puttin oden a a GOLDEN PEDESTAL!! He hasnt played a PLAY in da NBA and hes better dan bynum?! Haha okk not takin nuthen away from oden hes gona be a great center 4 years 2 come but Bynum has da best chance of succeddin!

FOBolous
07-07-2008, 03:23 AM
impossible to say because we have yet to see Oden play and to see how his game transfers to the NBA.

blackjack_119
07-07-2008, 03:44 AM

Do you remember give me the f-ing ball? http://youtube.com/watch?v=6mOzQnwhqFE
I love that Carmelo Anthony just walks away laughing.

LakerDeftones
07-07-2008, 03:53 AM
bynum didnt have major knee surgery so that kills a big part of the debate

AllTheWay
07-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Bynum's Season Stats: 13.1 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 1.7 APG, 2.1 BPG, 63.6% FG in 28.8 MPG in 35 games

Last 6 Games: 17.33 PPG, 12.17 RPG, 2.33 BPG, 2.67 APG, 42/60 From the field in 29.5 MPG

Last 10 games: 16.3 PPG, 10.4 RPG, 2 BPG, 2.2 APG in 30.5 MPG

Last 15 Games: 16.47 PPG, 10.73 RPG, 2.27 BPG in 32.6 MPG

The above included the game in which he was injured, in which he played just 20 mins and had 10 points and 9 boards on 5-7 shooting.

Bynums stats as a starter (25 games): 14.6 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 2.3 BPG, 1.8 APG, 65.6% FG, 30.7 minutes

I doubt Oden will come close to that next season

Bynums best games:

Jan 11 vs. Mil- Had 25 points, 17 rebounds, and 3 blocks matched up against the center that was taken 1st overall in his draft

Jan 6 vs. IND- Had 23 points, 13 rebounds, and 4 blocks against Jermaine Oneal, a guy that the lakers were considering trading both Bynum and Odom for.

Jan 04 vs. PHI- Put up 17 points and 16 rebounds to go with 3 blocks against the defensive minded double double center Samuel Dalembert

Christmas Vs. PHX- Dominated Amare with a stat line of 28 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 blocks

Dec. 21st at PHI- Put up 24 and 11 against Dalembert

Dec. 14 at GSW- Put up 17 and 16 against the fast- paced warriors

Dec. 9 Vs. GSW- Put up 20 and 11 against the warriors

Nov. 21st at MIL- Put up 16 and 13 in just 27 minutes against Bogut

Bynum has proven he can play with the big boys

These stats indicate that he got better as the season rolled on...there is no question that he is better than Greg Oden and i will guarantee right now that he will have a better career than Greg Oden and will always be a better player

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 04:03 AM
i will guarantee right now that he will have a better career than Greg Oden and will always be a better player

Well I agree to disagree.

cambovenzi
07-07-2008, 04:05 AM
13/10 and 63.6% shooting, and you guys think hes no good.
thats crazy good.

AllTheWay
07-07-2008, 04:15 AM
Well I agree to disagree.

And you provide no real analysis to support your opinion :)

You do not like the lakers at all, that is easy for us all to see

Just keep your hate to yourself, please

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 04:23 AM
And you provide no real analysis to support your opinion :)

You do not like the lakers at all, that is easy for us all to see

Just keep your hate to yourself, please

Oh no I'm not a Laker hater.

I just don't meet eye-to-eye with all you Laker Fan boys' predictions.

Bynum is good man, don't get me wrong, but he's still young and he has to learn the ropes. It's hard coming off of an injury. I don't expect a complete downfall in his game, but I don't expect him to be 100% fully prepared for the beginning of next season.

To me, Bynum hasn't made himself a name yet. Only Laker fans predict that he's going to be the best center in the game in about 5-6 years. I haven't heard one Celtic/Jazz/Rocket/Warrior/Sixer fan say that Bynum will be the most dominant center in the game here in the future.

Until then, he has to prove it. I don't take anyone's word. Especially people who ride his nuts.

I believe what I see.

I'm just predicting Greg Oden to have a better (statistical) career than Bynum. Bynum may get more rings with that talented squad he has, but Oden is going to drop higher numbers. Maybe not his rookie year, but when they are both considered in their prime and we can look back to see who was more dominating.

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 04:26 AM
It will all be settled on the court in a few months, and Bynum is better than Erik Dampier, ask Mark Cuban who would he rather have. lol.

AllTheWay
07-07-2008, 04:28 AM

Bynum is good man, don't get me wrong, but he's still young and he has to learn the ropes. It's hard coming off of an injury. I don't expect a complete downfall in his game, but I don't expect him to be 100% fully prepared for the beginning of next season.

To me, Bynum hasn't made himself a name yet. Only Laker fans predict that he's going to be the best center in the game in about 5-6 years. I haven't heard one Celtic/Jazz/Rocket/Warrior/Sixer fan say that Bynum will be the most dominant center in the game here in the future.

Until then, he has to prove it. I don't take anyone's word. Especially people who ride his nuts.

I believe what I see.

I'm just predicting Greg Oden to have a better (statistical) career than Bynum. Bynum may get more rings with that talented squad he has, but Oden is going to drop higher numbers. Maybe not his rookie year, but when they are both considered in their prime and we can look back to see who was more dominating.

Of course you don't......thats a given. I don't know what to expect out of him at the start of next year. Yet. I want to see him in training camp first.

Speaking of riding nuts...your riding Oden's pretty hard considering you are predicting him to be better than Bynum without having played a single minute in the NBA. Theres also the possibility of Oden really being 78 years old.

The whole comparing their stats later on won't work too well if one player has a much more dominating team, meaning that they had better teammates, which skew the numbers

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 04:35 AM
Of course you don't......thats a given. I don't know what to expect out of him at the start of next year. Yet. I want to see him in training camp first.

Speaking of riding nuts...your riding Oden's pretty hard considering you are predicting him to be better than Bynum without having played a single minute in the NBA. Theres also the possibility of Oden really being 78 years old.

The whole comparing their stats later on won't work too well if one player has a much more dominating team, meaning that they had better teammates, which skew the numbers

Just because we haven't seen Oden play a single minute in the NBA doesn't mean he can't get his. You haven't seen Greg. Do yourself a favor and go out and buy "High School Phenoms". I see more potential in him than Bynum. Oden is aggressive as HELL. Bynum is aggressive too, but I've seen him screw up a bunch of times out of his anger. HE'S YOUNG! STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS LAKER FANS.

Bynum won't exceed Pau Gasol's role.

There are too many talented players on the Lakers. Greg is going to shine brighter than Bynum.

I'm not riding his nuts, I just have a personal opinion of Oden possibly being better than Bynum.

I think Andres Biedrins can give Bynum and Oden a run for their money. You don't see me going to all these WARRIOR forums presenting stats and qualities of his game. I think he's going to shine too.

It's just all Laker fans ride his nuts, which is understandable being that he's a Laker.

Everyone else doesn't believe what you all believe.

Kind of like how you all believe it's going to be only Boston and LA in the finals every year for the next decade. Boston and LA fans REALLY believe this.

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 04:35 AM

Bynum is so overrated.

The definition of a bitter Nuggets fan, rooting for other teams to beat LA.

ARMIN12NBA
07-07-2008, 04:38 AM

I believe what I see.

I love how you contradict yourself and set a double-standard on Bynum:

Bynum wont be as good as Oden because he is young, still has to learn the ropes, and is coming off major injury to the knee...

Oden is young, HAS NEVER PLAYED IN THE NBA, and is coming off what is called THE WORST INJURY IN SPORTS...

So let me ask you, why do these things only apply to Bynum, but not Oden. You are looking at this from one side instead of both (why? I don't know, probably because you hate the lakers because of the slaughter the lakers put on the nuggets :) ).

I'll look at it objectively:

Bynum and Oden are both young.

Bynum has the mentor of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as well as other greats including Magic Johnson, etc. and a group of experienced veterans. Greg Oden has nobody of that calibar.

Bynum has come off a routine scope surgery, which is not considered anything detrimental to a career of a sports athlete. Greg Oden is coming off what is considered the WORST injury an athlete could have as well as having wrist surgery and being diagnosed with what is called, having one leg larger than the other.

Bynum has played in the NBA as well as dominating his competition in his last 5 or so games including games against Amare Stoudemire (first-team all NBA), Sam Dalembert who is considered a great defender, and Andrew Bogut among others. Greg Oden has never played in the NBA.

All the things you said would hamper Bynum, seem to hamper Oden more.

BTW, Celtics fan Kevin Hench of fox sports said that Bynum would be the best center in the NBA and said the Lakers were unfair because they basically get a guy who "would've been the first overall pick in this years draft."

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 04:40 AM
The definition of a bitter Nuggets fan, rooting for other teams to beat LA.

We are coming stronger next season.

I'll still be here to put it in your face. Don't worry :D

Matter fact let me put that in my sig for a reminder.

AllTheWay
07-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Just because we haven't seen Oden play a single minute in the NBA doesn't mean he can't get his. You haven't seen Greg. Do yourself a favor and go out and buy "High School Phenoms". I see more potential in him than Bynum. Oden is aggressive as HELL. Bynum is aggressive too, but I've seen him screw up a bunch of times out of his anger. HE'S YOUNG! STOP JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS LAKER FANS.

Bynum won't exceed Pau Gasol's role.

There are too many talented players on the Lakers. Greg is going to shine brighter than Bynum.

I'm not riding his nuts, I just have a personal opinion of Oden possibly being better than Bynum.

I think Andres Biedrins can give Bynum and Oden a run for their money. You don't see me going to all these WARRIOR forums presenting stats and qualities of his game. I think he's going to shine too.

It's just all Laker fans ride his nuts, which is understandable being that he's a Laker.

Everyone else doesn't believe what you all believe.

Kind of like how you all believe it's going to be only Boston and LA in the finals every year for the next decade. Boston and LA fans REALLY believe this.

Ya, it's just sooooo wrong for a fan to believe their team is going to be great after A) They won the championship, or B) they made the finals

Saying Biedrins is going to be a better "center" than either of those is pretty ridiculous, seeing that he is nothing close to a "true" center and that he is really just a PF playing the 5 spot in a small ball offense that didnt make the playoffs

The whole he is young arguemant is odd, considering Oden is what, 20? 19? 80?

who knows

AllTheWay
07-07-2008, 04:46 AM

I guarantee the Nuggets won't do better than the Lakers. Sig that my friend

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 04:48 AM
We will be ready for you guys next season, we have one goal in mind and that's an NBA Championship.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 04:51 AM
We will be ready for you guys next season, we have one goal in mind and that's an NBA Championship.

That's every team's goal.

But most teams don't have the skill, heart, and energy to do so.

Damn Celtics :(

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 04:51 AM

I like the doubters for next year, makes it great to prove you and everyone else wrong when we go all the way next season. Count on LA being better than Denver.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 04:52 AM
I like the doubters for next year, makes it great to prove you and everyone else wrong when we go all the way next season. Count on LA being better than Denver.

No doubt you guys will have a better reg season record.

Post season is where it matters.

We haven't seen the #1 reg season team win the title in a minute. Well, now that the Celtics have won it, that kind of resets the theory.

AllTheWay
07-07-2008, 04:56 AM
No doubt you guys will have a better reg season record.

Post season is where it matters.

We haven't seen the #1 reg season team win the title in a minute. Well, now that the Celtics have won it, that kind of resets the theory.

That same postseasom is where the Nuggets got swept by -guess who- the Lakers

Not to mention the fact that nearly no one remembers when the nuggets even made it out of the first round :D

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 04:56 AM
That same postseasom is where the Nuggets got swept by -guess who- the Lakers

Not to mention the fact that nearly no one remembers when the nuggets even made it out of the first round :D

Like I said.

Teams get better.

Whether it being from a new coach, new trades, new draft picks, or getting better from defeat.

Teams get better.

Sometimes you have to lose to win if you dig what I'm saying. Maybe you don't. Hell you probably don't even play basketball.

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 04:58 AM
The playoffs is where it all counts, where it separates the best from the legends. Legends are born in the playoffs.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 05:02 AM
The playoffs is where it all counts, where it separates the best from the legends. Legends are born in the playoffs.

Correct.

We have a legend on our team but our chemistry and defense is atrocious.

2nd highest playoff point scorer in the game. 3rd to Wilt and MJ in regular season PPG.

I have my own opinion, and I know you all don't agree with me, but next season you can count on the Nuggets to perform much more efficiently.

I mean it's the last year of AI's contract, Camby's rotting, Kenyon's pissed off at Kobe (haha), and JR is developing into a great offensive weapon. I mean he was in mention of sixth man of the year. He wasn't a nominee, but he was mentioned. That lets you know he's getting somewhere.

Expect the Nuggets to be a surprise team. I'm not predicting NBA Finals, I'm predicting 2nd round knockout or Western Conference Finals knockout.

Hate all you want, you won't alter my opinion :cool:

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 05:05 AM
I respect Iverson's game, he is a warrior and is all heart, I just don't see the Nuggets going far because they play as individuals rather than a team. It's a new year for you guys maybe things will change. The Nuggets have a lot of talent but that doesn't equate to chemistry, everyone has to have a role on a team.

ARMIN12NBA
07-07-2008, 05:07 AM

I believe what I see.

Bynum wont be as good as Oden because he is young, still has to learn the ropes, and is coming off major injury to the knee...

Oden is young, HAS NEVER PLAYED IN THE NBA, and is coming off what is called THE WORST INJURY IN SPORTS...

So let me ask you, why do these things only apply to Bynum, but not Oden. You are looking at this from one side instead of both (why? I don't know, probably because you hate the lakers because of the slaughter the lakers put on the nuggets ).

Bynum has the mentor of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as well as other greats including Magic Johnson, etc. and a group of experienced veterans. Greg Oden has nobody of that calibar.

Bynum has come off a routine scope surgery, which is not considered anything detrimental to a career of a sports athlete. Greg Oden is coming off what is considered the WORST injury an athlete could have as well as having wrist surgery and being diagnosed with what is called, having one leg larger than the other.

Bynum has played in the NBA as well as dominating his competition in his last 5 or so games including games against Amare Stoudemire (first-team all NBA), Sam Dalembert who is considered a great defender, and Andrew Bogut among others. Greg Oden has never played in the NBA.

BTW, Celtics fan Kevin Hench of fox sports said that Bynum would be the best center in the NBA and said the Lakers were unfair because they basically get a guy who "would've been the first overall pick in this years draft."

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 05:08 AM
About that Kenyon comment that I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdtdPjCuqVU

I feel what your saying.

I see your reasoning.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 05:14 AM

So let me ask you, why do these things only apply to Bynum, but not Oden. You are looking at this from one side instead of both (why? I don't know, probably because you hate the lakers because of the slaughter the lakers put on the nuggets ).

Because I favor Oden over Bynum.

This isn't a ANTI-LAKER thing.

It's just what I have seen from both guys.

Dalembert and Bogut? I can easily see Greg giving them comp.

I mean a young (yet, old looking) 7 foot guy with aggression can work wonders.

I'm just predicting Oden over Bynum.

This isn't hate towards a Laker, honestly it isn't.

Oden is a smarter player, in my opinion and the smarter guys always make the smarter decisions. I've seen Bynum perform alot of "wtf?" moves.

After all Bynum did come from high school.

Gerald Green came from high school as well and he's a dumb player with alot of talent. That's why he's the new rent-a-player.

I'm not saying Andrew his dumb, but I question his basketball IQ. I highly doubt Bynum will be a rent-a-player... I'm not hating on him...

Respect my decision, don't criticize me for what I believe. After all neither of us can predict the future, so what's the reason in arguing? We have no results or standards to use against these two young 7 footers.

AllTheWay
07-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Like I said.

Teams get better.

Whether it being from a new coach, new trades, new draft picks, or getting better from defeat.

Teams get better.

Sometimes you have to lose to win if you dig what I'm saying. Maybe you don't. Hell you probably don't even play basketball.

Teams also get worse

Playing basketball has nothing to do with. Its about watching basketball and being able to analyze both the play on the court and the numbers produced. You know what sport i was in during basketball season? Wrestling. Just a tad more demanding that Basketball :rolleyes:

There are no morale victories

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 05:20 AM

I feel what your saying.

I see your reasoning.

That quote from K. Mart was hillarious, that dude is crazy.

ARMIN12NBA
07-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Because I favor Oden over Bynum.

This isn't a ANTI-LAKER thing.

It's just what I have seen from both guys.

Dalembert and Bogut? I can easily see Greg giving them comp.

I mean a young (yet, old looking) 7 foot guy with aggression can work wonders.

I'm just predicting Oden over Bynum.

This isn't hate towards a Laker, honestly it isn't.

Oden is a smarter player, in my opinion and the smarter guys always make the smarter decisions. I've seen Bynum perform alot of "wtf?" moves.

After all Bynum did come from high school.

Gerald Green came from high school as well and he's a dumb player with alot of talent. That's why he's the new rent-a-player.

I'm not saying Andrew his dumb, but I question his basketball IQ. I highly doubt Bynum will be a rent-a-player... I'm not hating on him...

Respect my decision, don't criticize me for what I believe. After all neither of us can predict the future, so what's the reason in arguing? We have no results or standards to use against these two young 7 footers.

I'm not criticizing what you believe, but the way you put forth you analysis. You said you think Bynum will be bad because he is young, had a bad injury, and doesn't have much experience...But Oden is young, had a WORSE injury, and had NO experience...

BTW, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar among others who have worked with Bynum have called him one of the smartest players they know as well has hardest working and understanding player of basketball X's and O's...pardon me for the cliche.

I just hate when people say someone is dumb when in reality, it is the total opposite. You give no evidence to back your claim, you just compare him to Gerald Green and say he has bad b-ball IQ. Bynum was the second best player on a team in first place at the time of injury!!! He was averaging 19 and 13 the previous games!!! He is known as one of the smartest and understanding players!!! Where is your evidence? I'm sorry, I forgot, you have none.

Blck&WhtStripes
07-07-2008, 05:21 AM
Correct.

We have a legend on our team but our chemistry and defense is atrocious.

2nd highest playoff point scorer in the game. 3rd to Wilt and MJ in regular season PPG.

I have my own opinion, and I know you all don't agree with me, but next season you can count on the Nuggets to perform much more efficiently.

I mean it's the last year of AI's contract, Camby's rotting, Kenyon's pissed off at Kobe (haha), and JR is developing into a great offensive weapon. I mean he was in mention of sixth man of the year. He wasn't a nominee, but he was mentioned. That lets you know he's getting somewhere.

Expect the Nuggets to be a surprise team. I'm not predicting NBA Finals, I'm predicting 2nd round knockout or Western Conference Finals knockout.

Hate all you want, you won't alter my opinion :cool:

I'm still waiting for you to explain how you guys are going to overcome your "chemistry and atrocious defense."

You sure do talk a lot for a guy who's team went O'fer last year against the Lakers. I don't really see your team getting any better, barring some miraculous in-house improvements over the summer.

You guys will be lucky to make it far enough to be dismantled by the Lakers in the first round.

Penetra8r
07-07-2008, 05:25 AM

I havent stopped laughing at this.. BH is funny! All the champions are at least half decent looking? Parker? Duncan?

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 05:25 AM

I feel what your saying.

I see your reasoning.

Craziest people in the NBA

Rasheed Wallace, K. Mart, Artest, S. Jackson will go nutty on someone, dude is a head-case

valade16
07-07-2008, 05:26 AM

Firstly I am a die-hard Blazer fan but I do feel that some things need to be addressed. Firstly, right now Bynum is a better player and further in his development by virtue of the fact he has actually played in the NBA and has shown he can excell within it.

However, when you look back at when they were taken, many people were saying Bynum had incredible potential but he was far off from realizing it. However, people were saying Greg Oden was the best Center prospect to come into the draft since Tim Duncan. If he was allowed to re-enter this draft he easily would've been predicted to go ahead of both Rose and Beasely and is considered a favorite for Rookie of the Year despite coming off this injury. Where as Bynum was only taken 10th overall despite his potential behind many big men including Bogut, Villaneuva, Frye, and Diogu. If Greg Oden had declared for the draft in 2005 instead of 2007 (making him a sophmore) he would've been picked ahead of all those big men except maybe Bogut.

Who is better now? Bynum
But who has the better potential? Greg Oden

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 05:27 AM
I'm still waiting for you to explain how you guys are going to overcome your "chemistry and atrocious defense."

You sure do talk a lot for a guy who's team went O'fer last year against the Lakers. I don't really see your team getting any better, barring some miraculous in-house improvements over the summer.

You guys will be lucky to make it far enough to be dismantled by the Lakers in the first round.

I'm not George Karl. I'm just a fan. I can't drive down to their workout and tell them this and that.

As I recall, two years ago (the 06-07 season) we defeated the Lakers.

ARMIN12NBA
07-07-2008, 05:37 AM
Firstly I am a die-hard Blazer fan but I do feel that some things need to be addressed. Firstly, right now Bynum is a better player and further in his development by virtue of the fact he has actually played in the NBA and has shown he can excell within it.

However, when you look back at when they were taken, many people were saying Bynum had incredible potential but he was far off from realizing it. However, people were saying Greg Oden was the best Center prospect to come into the draft since Tim Duncan. If he was allowed to re-enter this draft he easily would've been predicted to go ahead of both Rose and Beasely and is considered a favorite for Rookie of the Year despite coming off this injury. Where as Bynum was only taken 10th overall despite his potential behind many big men including Bogut, Villaneuva, Frye, and Diogu. If Greg Oden had declared for the draft in 2005 instead of 2007 (making him a sophmore) he would've been picked ahead of all those big men except maybe Bogut.

Who is better now? Bynum
But who has the better potential? Greg Oden

Manu Ginobli was taken 57th...It doesn't mean anything where you are drafted. It just means the scouts did a bad job at looking at your potential. Plus, Bynum was over weight before the draft, but he finally took it personal and decided to work harder than ever. Heres the thing, at this point in time, Bynum has way more potential. He is working with Kareem, he has an amazing coach, amazing players around him...all these things work well into helping you grow into a player. Also, lets not forget. The talent level is there for Bynum. He is a better offensive player than Oden and is better on defensive fundamentals ...and here's the thing: they are the same age. Bynum has more skills right now, has better things around him, and they are the same age so the room to grow is right there. Their potential is pretty much even, but like you said, Bynum is a better player right now and I believe (as well as other analysts and radio personalities) that Bynum has as much potential as anybody.

BTW, Kevin Hench said that Bynum would be taken #1 overall by far in this years draft and will be the best center in 5 years, rivaling Dwight Howard.

Also, Greg Oden averaged 15 and 9 in college where as Bynum averaged 13 and 10 in the NBA and 19 and 13 in the previous 5 games before injury.

DenButsu
07-07-2008, 05:42 AM

I feel what your saying.

I see your reasoning.

:laugh2:

I love K-Mart, but he really should just stop doing interviews.

I respect him more than anyone else on the Nuggets right now just because of how damn hard he worked to come back from surgery. He could have slouched all season, using his injury as an excuse, but instead he was the hardest working dude on the team.

Anyhow, on topic:

How can we have any idea whatsoever who's gonna be better until we actually see how Oden performs in the NBA? Let's bump this thread in the 2009 offseason and ask the question again when we have some evidence to support our contentions with...

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 05:45 AM
How can we have any idea whatsoever who's gonna be better until we actually see how Oden performs in the NBA? Let's bump this thread in the 2009 offseason and ask the question again when we have some evidence to support our contentions with...

That's what I said.

We can't predict the future, we have no results, we have no standards to make this argument debatable.

You can't fight opinions with opinions.

I was just stating my opinion... Whereas this ARMIN guy jumped the gun on everyone who doesn't believe that Bynum is going to be the best center in the game for years to come.

ARMIN12NBA
07-07-2008, 05:49 AM
That's what I said.

We can't predict the future, we have no results, we have no standards to make this argument debatable.

I was just stating my opinion... Whereas this ARMIN guy jumped the gun on everyone who doesn't believe that Bynum is going to be the best center in the game for years to come.

LOL, if you give evidence then I don't care because you backed up your argument correctly...But I hate it when people say, this guy is dumb, he has no IQ, etc. and have nothing to back them up and it's even worse when said player is known for being a smart b-ball player and an understanding one too. That just frustrates me in general.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 05:55 AM
LOL, if you give evidence then I don't care because you backed up your argument correctly...But I hate it when people say, this guy is dumb, he has no IQ, etc. and have nothing to back them up and it's even worse when said player is known for being a smart b-ball player and an understanding one too. That just frustrates me in general.

Where did I say that Bynum was dumb?

I said that Gerald Green is dumb. I will continue to ALWAYS hate on him until he develops. He's a DUNK only player. 31% FG is TERRIBLE! He's another James White.

Anyway, I never said that Bynum was dumb. I was just saying that he was a high schooler. Greg Oden actually went to and played for a college. Went to the championship game and lost.

Anyone who can run Phil Jackson's plays isn't dumb. I'm talking about his decisions on the court, not his X's and O's knowledge. I'm talking about his skills in the paint. How well he can create space for himself to score a bucket, or if he senses a double team he needs to dish it out.

Dwight Howard is a player that knows his X's and O's but can't create space for himself. That's what is limiting his game. I mean the Pistons put Jason Maxiell on him (terrible mismatch as far as height is concerned) and he was struggling to get into the paint without a hand in his face.

It's not all about X's and O's as far as talking about basketball IQ. Decision making is what I was aiming for. I guess I misled you?

ARMIN12NBA
07-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Where did I say that Bynum was dumb?

I said that Gerald Green is dumb. I will continue to ALWAYS hate on him until he develops. He's a DUNK only player. 31% FG is TERRIBLE! He's another James White.

Anyway, I never said that Bynum was dumb. I was just saying that he was a high schooler. Greg Oden actually went to and played for a college. Went to the championship game and lost.

Anyone who can run Phil Jackson's plays isn't dumb. I'm talking about his decisions on the court, not his X's and O's knowledge. I'm talking about his skills in the paint. How well he can create space for himself to score a bucket, or if he senses a double team he needs to dish it out.

Dwight Howard is a player that knows his X's and O's but can't create space for himself. That's what is limiting his game. I mean the Pistons put Jason Maxiell on him (terrible mismatch as far as height is concerned) and he was struggling to get into the paint without a hand in his face.

It's not all about X's and O's as far as talking about basketball IQ. Decision making is what I was aiming for. I guess I misled you?

Bynum averaged only 1.5 turnovers in his last 6 games. That shows some good decision making. Plus, go back and watch the game against the Milwalkee Bucks. His 25 point, 17 rebound performance against them. This was the game where I really started to like Bynum. In that game, you see him get the ball from Fisher and he doesn't have good position in the post. He then proceeds to kick it out to Fisher again and re-post and position himself and gets the ball back inside and draws the foul. Heres what I like about him, he shows patience, footwork, and an understanding of the game, which I think is all directed in decision making. I don't know if you have seen him play, but the guy is good.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 06:24 AM
Bynum averaged only 1.5 turnovers in his last 6 games. That shows some good decision making. Plus, go back and watch the game against the Milwalkee Bucks. His 25 point, 17 rebound performance against them. This was the game where I really started to like Bynum. In that game, you see him get the ball from Fisher and he doesn't have good position in the post. He then proceeds to kick it out to Fisher again and re-post and position himself and gets the ball back inside and draws the foul. Heres what I like about him, he shows patience, footwork, and an understanding of the game, which I think is all directed in decision making. I don't know if you have seen him play, but the guy is good.

No I haven't seen that Bucks game.

Well I guess I'd have to reserve my judgement.

Tblaze
07-07-2008, 07:13 AM
And yet another useless topic,

you can't compare them, we haven't seen anything of Oden yet.. besides the "bynum averaged xxx in the last xxx games before his injury" is really garbage. Let's just see how they both recovered from their injurys, and see how Oden's rookie year will be, I'm pretty sure it will be better then Bynum's rookie year. "but but but Bynum was younger@@@@", that's his own fault.

They're both going to be good big man, maybe great, but for now, we can't judge and everyone will just pick the player that's on the team he roots for/hates less.

JordansBulls
07-07-2008, 08:21 AM
Oden vs. Bynum

Untimatly who do you think will have the best carreer, win the most championships and be the most dominate center of our time?

my money is on oden

you could also write who you think will have the most injury ridden career since both just came off of major knee injuries...

Oden because he will for most of his career be the focal point of the offense and have to carry the team more than Bynum will.

theimortalone
07-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Is this Thread supposed to be in Comparisons?

bdalakerdude32
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
do u really expect bynum to score a lot on a team like the lakers. a team full of experience and talent. he is clearly the better player now. will probally win more championships. unless oden leaves portland. my votes for bynum

_Sn1P3r_
07-07-2008, 09:31 AM
I can't say anything yet because we never saw Oden play an NBA game. Oden can be a beast or a bust so we'll have to see.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Bynum because Kareem is his teacher.

J-Relo
07-07-2008, 10:27 AM
how do you think that BYnum will win more championships, if Kobe the only guy who is carring LA won't play 10 years more and won't be as good as he was, so we can't say that Bynum could get more rings with a squad that surround him... it won't surround him quite soon...

chicagowhitesox
07-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Oden. He's on such a young and up-and-coming team. If he can stay healthy for 10 seasons, he'll probably have 2 or 3 rings.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Oden is starting with more talent and much more of a defensive presence. I think he will go down as the more dominant player. Bynum will go down as a nice role player. Oden will have more of a chance for success because he is being surrounded by team players and growing with a young team. He doesn't have to play with the pressure from fans, media, and teammates who demean and don't make each other better.

nygiants242
07-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Let's just wait and see Oden play a FREAKIN GAME

SouljahPhil...
07-07-2008, 01:01 PM
too early to tell...

wayneo92
07-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm not George Karl. I'm just a fan. I can't drive down to their workout and tell them this and that.

As I recall, two years ago (the 06-07 season) we defeated the Lakers.

This Is All You Have To SHOW THIS NUGGET HOMER!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sfxCgkbhFcE
Nasty!

Vegasguy80
07-07-2008, 01:15 PM

He has a lot of work to do, and I understand that he is young, but you Laker fans blow him up like he's some 7 foot god.

I don't think he's going to be legendary. I think he's going to be a great role player.

Can't say whether Bynum will be as good as those guys because he is only 20 and hasn't had a full season. Who is to say by the time he is 30 he isn't as good as they were?

And Laker fan or not, I think Oden is a little overrated.

cambovenzi
07-07-2008, 01:29 PM
And yet another useless topic,

you can't compare them, we haven't seen anything of Oden yet.. besides the "bynum averaged xxx in the last xxx games before his injury" is really garbage. Let's just see how they both recovered from their injurys, and see how Oden's rookie year will be, I'm pretty sure it will be better then Bynum's rookie year. "but but but Bynum was younger@@@@", that's his own fault.

They're both going to be good big man, maybe great, but for now, we can't judge and everyone will just pick the player that's on the team he roots for/hates less.
no. terrible argument your tryin to make.
they are the same age RIGHT NOW, and bynum is leagues ahead of him in development, and skill.

in any case i dont see oden shooting no 63% next year like bynum did last year.

oden may have more PPG, but that is not what makes players better.
it will only be b/c he will get more shots, and touches.

you cant honestly compare a backup 19yrold rookie to a starting center at 21 yrs of age statistically.

Jay22Redd
07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Until I see Oden play, im going with Bynum. I like tha kid, and he is better than Dampier to me.

marques724
07-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Too early to tell

bdalakerdude32
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
the blazers arent going to stay together long. after those young players arent going to want big salarys and move elsewhere to get them. that team wont last very long. they might keep a few like oden and roy but thatl be it

lakers4sho
07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Oden because he will for most of his career be the focal point of the offense and have to carry the team more than Bynum will.

I doubt that, because Kobe has about 5-6 years left in him, whereas Brandon Roy has a good 10 more years in him.

madiaz3
07-07-2008, 03:11 PM

No cigar.

Quote me.

Oden > Bynum.

Did Dampier shoot at 64 FG %? I'd take Bynum's stats minus 2 rebounds plus 1 point plus TEN PERCENT HIGHER FG% anyday over Dampiers. You're delusional and bitter.

madiaz3
07-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Let's also not forget it took Dampier 8 years to reach those stats. Bynum with 12+ prime years remaining scares me.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-07-2008, 03:23 PM
the blazers arent going to stay together long. after those young players arent going to want big salarys and move elsewhere to get them. that team wont last very long. they might keep a few like oden and roy but thatl be it

their owner will pay the luxury tax, has done so, and should be expected to do so again. If you expect the Blazers to cheap out, you will be disappointed. Paul Allen has been letting his gm spend the money to buy picks, stay under the cap, stockpile young talent, and be in a major position of power to deal or resign. The whole makeover was to get rid of bad character guys and they did that. Allen is really passionate about his team and will spend the money. They are going to be a good team for quite a while. They won't be able to sign FA's, but they are going to have so much talent stocked on that team they can resign and trade for years to come.

I have no idea where you got this idea from, but it is very misinformed and actually the opposite of what portland has done and looks to do again.

PHX-SOXFAN
07-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I doubt that, because Kobe has about 5-6 years left in him, whereas Brandon Roy has a good 10 more years in him.

and lamarcus aldridge
and martell webster
and jerryd bayless
and on and on

They have an expiring contract and tons of cap space after this year. Look at their situation:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/portland.htm

That's not even fair. That is what spending money on draft picks and young talent will get you. That doesn't have bayless in their yet, but good god!:speechless:

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 04:12 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9efsJwJxYEk

heres something to light up all your lives.....and to bring some sense to all the haters..........:smoking:

kvrnm
07-07-2008, 04:19 PM

heres something to light up all your lives.....and to bring some sense to all the haters..........:smoking:

nice..... it is really a toss up between oden and bynum, considering oden has never even played an nba game, its hard for me to not go with bynum..

kobe2008mvp
07-07-2008, 04:38 PM
crunchy 12489 please stop hating just cuz your team went 0-7 against us and bynum dominated you guys

dre1990
07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
ask in a year when we have seen oden play in da pro's

PRETTY BIRD
07-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Bynum

Boston-Born
07-07-2008, 10:05 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yY7xAF4XKS4&feature=related

KnicksorBust
07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Oden's ceiling isn't THAT much heigher than Bynum's and we already know Bynum can produce. I would take Bynum without thinking twice if given the choice.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-07-2008, 10:16 PM

Its a good video. But I can take the best plays from a bunch of players and make them look great. Im more into what I seen in a in game situation. This video is against one of the best centers in the league. Bynum dominated Kaman right before he got hurt.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5_gH72uDLkg

Cali4rnia
07-07-2008, 10:30 PM
oden looks like a grandpa lol he is only 20? lol ROFL Oden - average NBA center thats about it bynum got hell of a offensive moves all around the paint. just wait and watch... Bynum actually has something to prove next season cuz he be getting some phat contract ;) BYNUM worked very hard to get where he is at from one season to another... yeah he only average 13 pt 10 reb but how many minutes was he playing??? you *****ed dont talk about that lol.. oden hasnt even played in one NBA game...

sanfranfan1210
07-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Bynum

grega1976
07-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Bynum.. I know what I'll get.. He won't ever be a superstar, but he'll be a really solid C with great D.. Oden
a. hasn't played an NBA game
b. doesn't have the offensive skills Bynum does.. or did before his injury.. we'll see how he comes back though.

Chronz
07-07-2008, 11:49 PM

What makes you think he will be the focal point, and you never know how important Bynum can become.

LAKERS 24/7
07-08-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't get how people can just say Bynum won't be a superstar? What signs have you seen that make you think otherwise?

AllTheWay
07-08-2008, 12:10 AM
I dont see how Bynum cant ever be a superstar. Posting 13 and 10 as a 20 year old reeks of a future star

valade16
07-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Manu Ginobli was taken 57th...It doesn't mean anything where you are drafted. It just means the scouts did a bad job at looking at your potential. Plus, Bynum was over weight before the draft, but he finally took it personal and decided to work harder than ever. Heres the thing, at this point in time, Bynum has way more potential. He is working with Kareem, he has an amazing coach, amazing players around him...all these things work well into helping you grow into a player. Also, lets not forget. The talent level is there for Bynum. He is a better offensive player than Oden and is better on defensive fundamentals ...and here's the thing: they are the same age. Bynum has more skills right now, has better things around him, and they are the same age so the room to grow is right there. Their potential is pretty much even, but like you said, Bynum is a better player right now and I believe (as well as other analysts and radio personalities) that Bynum has as much potential as anybody.

BTW, Kevin Hench said that Bynum would be taken #1 overall by far in this years draft and will be the best center in 5 years, rivaling Dwight Howard.

Also, Greg Oden averaged 15 and 9 in college where as Bynum averaged 13 and 10 in the NBA and 19 and 13 in the previous 5 games before injury.

OK, that is where you go too far. First off, Bynum does not have as much potential as Oden. Oden was the only other player besides LeBron James to be the High School Basketball player of the year as a Junoir, and only the 3rd player to be named to the All-American First Team as a Freshman in College.

Secondly, Bynum does have a good team around him, but do not discount the great team around Oden as well. McMillan has proved he is a great coach taking young teams with the Blazers and Sonics and getting success out of them. The Blazers finished .500 last year and add Bayless, Oden, and Fernandez (euro-league MVP).

Thirdly, while Bynum is the better and more polished offensive player he is not, I repeat, not even on the same plane of defense as Greg Oden. Greg Oden has far better fundamentals on defense and is far better.

Bynum got 7.8 pts and 5.9 boards a game his second year, numbers Oden will easily surpass his second year (even with his first year out because of injury). It is a measure of Oden's talents that even out a year because of a major injury and he is still considered a top candidate for rookie of the year.

Also, here is DraftExpress thoughts on Oden as he headed into the draft...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Greg-Oden-237/

Right now Bynum is further along in his development, but if both players reach their full potential Oden will be the better players.

WillisLovechild
07-08-2008, 12:31 AM

alright, i disagree with pretty much everything. the only reason he mentioned kareem is cuz he said kareem was tutoring him... bynum is WAAAY better than dampier. dont go off stats from years ago, go off now. who would u rather have on ur team now, bynum or dampier? while im not sure bynum will be legendary, he will be more than just a role player. im not one of those LA fans that blew him up to be the best or anything, but he has been very impressive. i think he will eventually be a top 5 center in the nba if he stays healthy. give him a few years and he may even be top 3. keep in mind he is working with kareem, and that majorly helps.

as for the question, oden SHOULD have a better career. the only problem is oden looks like sam bowie so far... if he can stay healthy his career, he'll be the next great big man. he'll probably be viewed as the best center in the league in 3 to 4 years if he's healthy the whole time.

WillisLovechild
07-08-2008, 12:38 AM
OK, that is where you go too far. First off, Bynum does not have as much potential as Oden. Oden was the only other player besides LeBron James to be the High School Basketball player of the year as a Junoir, and only the 3rd player to be named to the All-American First Team as a Freshman in College.

Secondly, Bynum does have a good team around him, but do not discount the great team around Oden as well. McMillan has proved he is a great coach taking young teams with the Blazers and Sonics and getting success out of them. The Blazers finished .500 last year and add Bayless, Oden, and Fernandez (euro-league MVP).

Thirdly, while Bynum is the better and more polished offensive player he is not, I repeat, not even on the same plane of defense as Greg Oden. Greg Oden has far better fundamentals on defense and is far better.

Bynum got 7.8 pts and 5.9 boards a game his second year, numbers Oden will easily surpass his second year (even with his first year out because of injury). It is a measure of Oden's talents that even out a year because of a major injury and he is still considered a top candidate for rookie of the year.

Right now Bynum is further along in his development, but if both players reach their full potential Oden will be the better players.

tha bolded part is complete hogwash. bynum is a great defender, and u havent even seen oden defend nba players yet. i like how u compare bynum's 2nd year vs. oden's coming up year. oden should be more polished right away, he came out of college at age 19 while bynum came out of high school at age 17. bynum took longer to develop, and i see no reason why he cant be just as good as oden. if they both reach their potential, im not sure oden would be better. bynum is already a top 7 or so center at age 20, and he still has plenty of untapped potential, and he has kareem working on him. i think they are the future of the center spot, along with howard. these two in particular will set themselves apart if they reach their max potential. but to say oden will be better now is crazy when he hasnt even played an nba game.

AllTheWay
07-08-2008, 12:55 AM

Bynum was the youngest player ever to play in the NBA. He didnt even really play basketball until his junior year.....The guy got to the NBA based on nothing but potential. His is at least on par with Odens

Oden will never be a great offensive force.....he could be as good as bill russell on D but won't be anything more than above average on O imo....

Bynum already is an above average to good offensive center. He also plays good help D and decent to good man to man. Did you watch as he took apart Chris Kaman?

Oden has not played a single minute

He is not better than Bynum now and never will be

You can sig me on that

LAKERS 24/7
07-08-2008, 01:13 AM
You people have to understand that bynum still wasn't given the touches he deserved and still put up great numbers. A lot of his points were off lobs and dunks. When given the chance he did well, but was never given enough touches. Now he has proven to his teammates he can play this game, and he will get plenty more touches and I predict that next year he will average at least 18 and 12 w/ 2.5 blocks. He could average 20 and 13 but we have a guy named pau gasol on our team as well. The sky is the limit for this kid. Physically if he bulks of more he could have the power of shaq. He has some charectersitcs(mostly finesse) of a Tim Duncan or Kareem. You can't really find a fault in his game. Above average passer as well. My favorite part about his game is his fielg goal percentage, because he is so damn efficient when given the ball. Lead the league in that category before he went down.

valade16
07-08-2008, 02:07 PM
tha bolded part is complete hogwash. bynum is a great defender, and u havent even seen oden defend nba players yet. i like how u compare bynum's 2nd year vs. oden's coming up year. oden should be more polished right away, he came out of college at age 19 while bynum came out of high school at age 17. bynum took longer to develop, and i see no reason why he cant be just as good as oden. if they both reach their potential, im not sure oden would be better. bynum is already a top 7 or so center at age 20, and he still has plenty of untapped potential, and he has kareem working on him. i think they are the future of the center spot, along with howard. these two in particular will set themselves apart if they reach their max potential. but to say oden will be better now is crazy when he hasnt even played an nba game.

Your ridiculous. This thread isn't about how well they HAVE DONE but how well their POTENTIAL TO DO is. And Oden's Potential on the defensive end is far superior to Bynums. As a Freshman he displayed perfect footwork, also don't forget his 3.3 blocks in only 28 minutes a game. Not to mention he was playing with a hurt hand throughout his entire Freshman year yet still managed 16 pts (so much for average offense).

It should give you some indication of Oden's Potential when he is considered the top rookie of the year candidate and would've been the number 1 overall pick over both Rose and Beasely this year DESPITE having come off Season ending Surgery.

I never said Oden WILL be better than Bynum, because who knows? Bynum or Oden could experience career altering injuries and ruin this debate. However I did say, and still stand by, that if both REACH THEIR POTENTIALS then Oden will be a better player than Bynum. And he will.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory?contentId=8320734&MSNHPHMA#sport=NBA&photo=8320678

"But all appears well for the big man to change the face of the Blazers and perhaps the Western Conference."

They don't talk about you like that unless you have a TON of potential. They didn't talk about Olowakandi like that, they didn't talk about Okafor like that, they talked about Duncan like that, Howard like that...

GregOden#1
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Dwight Howard never had the hype Oden did coming into the league, only a few players have, Kareem, Wilt, Shaq type hype. Out of all the centers that have been hyped as much as Oden coming into the league only 2 of them didn't at least become superstars for an extended period of time, Walton and Sampson and both because of injuries.

ARMIN12NBA
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM

Exactly, Bynum is further along in development AND he is the same age as Oden. Him and Oden are the same age and Bynum is better right now so that shows me who has more potential to be better.

Plus, in Bynums second year he was 18-19 years old. In Odens second year, he will be 22 so of course Oden should have better stats unless he is a bust. Right now, at the same age, Bynum is so much better than Oden it is ridiculous. Bynum has three more years of experience, has a better offensive skill set, doesn't foul much, and is very good at blocking shots. In the summer league, Oden was fouling out so many games AND they were allowed to have 10 fouls! Who knows what can happen, injuries, etc... But looking at all the information we have, Bynum seems to be the logical choice to be better.

crunchy12490
07-08-2008, 02:27 PM

No cigar.

Quote me.

Oden > Bynum.

So your an idiot. i made this profile just to tell you that you are ridiculous..... you should probably just give up at life and stop trying to argue your lame *** predictions. You are no Miss Cleo and you are no Van Gundy... just stop. and yes they did win an award for making it that far, pretty sure they won the western conference trophy..... Idiot

PRETTY BIRD
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
this is why its bynum!

WillisLovechild
07-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Your ridiculous. This thread isn't about how well they HAVE DONE but how well their POTENTIAL TO DO is. And Oden's Potential on the defensive end is far superior to Bynums. As a Freshman he displayed perfect footwork, also don't forget his 3.3 blocks in only 28 minutes a game. Not to mention he was playing with a hurt hand throughout his entire Freshman year yet still managed 16 pts (so much for average offense).

It should give you some indication of Oden's Potential when he is considered the top rookie of the year candidate and would've been the number 1 overall pick over both Rose and Beasely this year DESPITE having come off Season ending Surgery.

I never said Oden WILL be better than Bynum, because who knows? Bynum or Oden could experience career altering injuries and ruin this debate. However I did say, and still stand by, that if both REACH THEIR POTENTIALS then Oden will be a better player than Bynum. And he will.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory?contentId=8320734&MSNHPHMA#sport=NBA&photo=8320678

"But all appears well for the big man to change the face of the Blazers and perhaps the Western Conference."

They don't talk about you like that unless you have a TON of potential. They didn't talk about Olowakandi like that, they didn't talk about Okafor like that, they talked about Duncan like that, Howard like that...

alright buddy, if u can read, i talked quite a bit about how well they can and/or will be. i never said bynum is a better defender either, but u said he's not on the same plane as oden, which is not the case. i like how u tell me what oden did in college when bynum has been a very good defender against professionals. bynum was the youngest player ever in the nba, obviously he was gonna take more time to develop. who cares what people talked about? a lot of people thought joe smith was gonna be great, but guess what... he wasn't. talk means less than the last **** i took. until oden proves he is better than bynum he simply isn't. i know this is about potential, aso if u think i didnt talk about that then go look at my previous posts. i said oden SHOULD have a better career, but im not so sure that will be the case.

valade16
07-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Exactly, Bynum is further along in development AND he is the same age as Oden. Him and Oden are the same age and Bynum is better right now so that shows me who has more potential to be better.

Plus, in Bynums second year he was 18-19 years old. In Odens second year, he will be 22 so of course Oden should have better stats unless he is a bust. Right now, at the same age, Bynum is so much better than Oden it is ridiculous. Bynum has three more years of experience, has a better offensive skill set, doesn't foul much, and is very good at blocking shots. In the summer league, Oden was fouling out so many games AND they were allowed to have 10 fouls! Who knows what can happen, injuries, etc... But looking at all the information we have, Bynum seems to be the logical choice to be better.

You act like age has everything to do with it. Which it doesn't, Bynum was younger sure, and he's played in the league longer, but until last year everybody said Oden was a more ready pro despite Bynum being in the pros!

Oden is a better defender and a better shot blocker than Bynum, he is more physically gifted with softer hands and better footwork. Yes Bynum has more offensive moves, but also don't forget Odens freshman year he played with a hurt hand and still scored plenty...

MiamiHeat
07-09-2008, 11:18 AM
this is why its bynum!

nice video, is hard to pick oden and bynum both are going to have a nice career, they both young and got alot of room to improve

valade16
07-09-2008, 11:19 AM
alright buddy, if u can read, i talked quite a bit about how well they can and/or will be. i never said bynum is a better defender either, but u said he's not on the same plane as oden, which is not the case. i like how u tell me what oden did in college when bynum has been a very good defender against professionals. bynum was the youngest player ever in the nba, obviously he was gonna take more time to develop. who cares what people talked about? a lot of people thought joe smith was gonna be great, but guess what... he wasn't. talk means less than the last **** i took. until oden proves he is better than bynum he simply isn't. i know this is about potential, aso if u think i didnt talk about that then go look at my previous posts. i said oden SHOULD have a better career, but im not so sure that will be the case.

I exaggerated when I said Bynum doesn't deserve to be on the same plane as oden, however, Oden is a better defender who will only improve. Of course I'm going to tell you what Oden did in college, because its all we can go off of. It isn't about his stats at the college level either, read any article on someone educated about what it takes to be a good big man in the NBA and they all said Oden was the complete package, that is game was NBA ready, he had flawless footwork, tremendous defense, a nice array of post up moves, and is freakishly athletic for his size.

And you still don't understand the "talk" i'm talking about. I'm not talking about pre-draft this guy is good (Joe Smith), I'm talking people evoking the names of Duncan, Shaq, and Robinson (all names used to describe Oden's potential, none of the names used to describe Smith's...). The only 2 players in the last 10 years or so to be considered as good a prospect as Oden is were LeBron James and Tim Duncan (they turned out pretty good don't ya think?). Of course right now Oden isn't as good as Bynum, I didn't say he was, in fact I said very specifically that right now Bynum is better. But Oden has more potential, undoubtedly, if you asked NBA GM's who has more potential it would be all but one (lakers) saying Oden...

valade16
07-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Also, watch this Video on Greg Oden. Keep in mind this is as a Freshman with NO NBA coach teaching him (something Bynum has had 3 years of)...

Watching both the videos (I know it isn't the best thing to go off of) you really see just how polished Oden's post moves are. His offensive post moves are better than Bynums, which are mostly put backs and dunks.

And like I said earlier, that is with Bynum having 3 years of Kareem teaching him how to play where as Oden was a Freshman with no legend teaching him.

ARMIN12NBA
07-09-2008, 07:11 PM
You act like age has everything to do with it. Which it doesn't, Bynum was younger sure, and he's played in the league longer, but until last year everybody said Oden was a more ready pro despite Bynum being in the pros!

Oden is a better defender and a better shot blocker than Bynum, he is more physically gifted with softer hands and better footwork. Yes Bynum has more offensive moves, but also don't forget Odens freshman year he played with a hurt hand and still scored plenty...

Right there tells me you have never seen Bynum play. Bynum has great footwork, which was crazily displayed in the last month he was playing. He dominated centers and would often do moves like faking one way and then using his pivot foot to get the open dunk. He also had extremely soft hands, which were exhibited in all the lobs and no-look passes Bryant was giving to him, which, by the way, Bynum never failed to catch and dunk. I watched all of Odens games in college and was rooting for OSU to beat Florida and I am also a Laker fan and never miss a game; I will tell you right now that from what I have seen, Bynum is a better player. Forget his rookie year and sophomore year, he has developed like a lot of players do (a la Kobe Bryant...Kobe wasn't very good his first two years either...). You keep on saying LAST YEAR THIS and LAST YEAR THAT, and saying how LAST YEAR, Oden was considered a better pro than Bynum (which I did agree...last year)...I'm sorry if you have not caught up, but this is THIS YEAR and the way Bynum played THIS YEAR shows to me, that barring inuries, Bynum will be a better player than Oden.

valade16
07-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Right there tells me you have never seen Bynum play. Bynum has great footwork, which was crazily displayed in the last month he was playing. He dominated centers and would often do moves like faking one way and then using his pivot foot to get the open dunk. He also had extremely soft hands, which were exhibited in all the lobs and no-look passes Bryant was giving to him, which, by the way, Bynum never failed to catch and dunk. I watched all of Odens games in college and was rooting for OSU to beat Florida and I am also a Laker fan and never miss a game; I will tell you right now that from what I have seen, Bynum is a better player. Forget his rookie year and sophomore year, he has developed like a lot of players do (a la Kobe Bryant...Kobe wasn't very good his first two years either...). You keep on saying LAST YEAR THIS and LAST YEAR THAT, and saying how LAST YEAR, Oden was considered a better pro than Bynum (which I did agree...last year)...I'm sorry if you have not caught up, but this is THIS YEAR and the way Bynum played THIS YEAR shows to me, that barring inuries, Bynum will be a better player than Oden.

I have seen Bynum play, and I never said he doesn't have greatfootwork or soft hands, on the contrary, his footwork was very quick and his hands were probably some of the best for a big man in the league. I did say Oden's are better, which is true.

Of course I keep saying last year, for ODEN, because we don't have a THIS YEAR to go off of with him. By the way, you keep bringing up 5 GAME STRETCH at the end of the season, assuming he would've kept up those numbers instead of the numbers he showed the ENTIRE REST OF THE YEAR.

All I can say is Bynum has developed 3 years in the pro's under that tuteledge, while Oden has had zero pro experience and yet their footwork, hands, and defense are comparable. Imagine what will happen when Oden gets 3 years of experience like Bynum, he will have improved far more than Bynum.

Bynum has begun to reach the limits of his potential (he is not there yet), where as Oden hasn't even tapped his potential yet and he's already a freak of nature.

2 Time High School player of the year (an honor only shared by LeBron James), No. 1 pick, expected Rookie of the year. Now imagine all that with PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND TEACHING.

Your problem is you think Oden is already at the peak of his potential where as Bynum has far to go before he reaches his when in reality Bynum is closer to his maximum potential than Oden is right now.

All I can say is wait until next year, when Oden dominates right out of the gate this thread is going to look pretty silly.

ARMIN12NBA
07-10-2008, 04:38 AM
I have seen Bynum play, and I never said he doesn't have greatfootwork or soft hands, on the contrary, his footwork was very quick and his hands were probably some of the best for a big man in the league. I did say Oden's are better, which is true.

Of course I keep saying last year, for ODEN, because we don't have a THIS YEAR to go off of with him. By the way, you keep bringing up 5 GAME STRETCH at the end of the season, assuming he would've kept up those numbers instead of the numbers he showed the ENTIRE REST OF THE YEAR.

All I can say is Bynum has developed 3 years in the pro's under that tuteledge, while Oden has had zero pro experience and yet their footwork, hands, and defense are comparable. Imagine what will happen when Oden gets 3 years of experience like Bynum, he will have improved far more than Bynum.

Bynum has begun to reach the limits of his potential (he is not there yet), where as Oden hasn't even tapped his potential yet and he's already a freak of nature.

Bynum of this year is far better than Oden of last year and that is a fact...

You mentioned that Bynum may not have kept up that torrid pace of those last 5 games, but that was not an aborration. In the month before that, he was averaged 14 and 11 and then in the first 5 games of January, he was averaging 19 and 13. That shows that he was DEVELOPING at a rapid pace. It wasn't a 5 game thing. It was more like a month and a half thing and even from the start of the season, he just wasn't playing any minutes.

You also mention that when Oden has three years of experience then he will be better than Bynum with three years of experience...But here's an interesting thing, Bynum with six years of experience will be BETTER than Oden of three years of experience and GUESS WHAT, they will be the same age....

That is what I'm trying to tell you. Bynum and Oden are the same age, but Bynum will have this three year experience edge.

It is not like comparing a 25 year old to an 18 year old where you can say, sure that older guy has experience and is a solid player, but look at all that upside on the younger guy...In this case, they are the same age, but one guy has the experience.

Bynum.

G-Funk
07-12-2008, 04:27 AM

You mentioned that Bynum may not have kept up that torrid pace of those last 5 games, but that was not an aborration. In the month before that, he was averaged 14 and 11 and then in the first 5 games of January, he was averaging 19 and 13. That shows that he was DEVELOPING at a rapid pace. It wasn't a 5 game thing. It was more like a month and a half thing and even from the start of the season, he just wasn't playing any minutes.

You also mention that when Oden has three years of experience then he will be better than Bynum with three years of experience...But here's an interesting thing, Bynum with six years of experience will be BETTER than Oden of three years of experience and GUESS WHAT, they will be the same age....

That is what I'm trying to tell you. Bynum and Oden are the same age, but Bynum will have this three year experience edge.

It is not like comparing a 25 year old to an 18 year old where you can say, sure that older guy has experience and is a solid player, but look at all that upside on the younger guy...In this case, they are the same age, but one guy has the experience.

Bynum.

nice

Lost Art
07-12-2008, 05:52 AM
Until Oden shows me something this isn't even debatable............Bynum by a longshot. Oden was getting punked by mediocre NBA C's last year in the summer league and that's pretty much all that we have seen of him against "NBA type" size, strength, and talent. On the other side of things I've seen Bynum absolutely destroy the likes of Amare Stoudamire, Chris Kaman, Pau Gasol, Samuel Dalembert, and Jermaine Oneal...........and play Dwight Howard pretty much dead even (which very few C's have been able to do). So before we get into this discussion Oden needs to show me something, then we can talk.

G-Funk
07-12-2008, 06:07 AM

I believe what I see. Wtf ,have you seen Greg play an NBA game?

It's easy to think that after seen what we did to the Western conference without our Center.

I'm talking about his decisions on the court. I'm talking about his skills in the paint. How well he can create space for himself to score a bucket, or if he senses a double team he needs to dish it out.

No one in the NBA has or will make bad decisions if they are shooting 60%+ from the field and don't forget he can still learn he is as young as Oden = bigger, stronger, experienced so the potential and arguments are there.

In Odens case he is smaller, may be a better post defender but inexperienced and for sure he is not stronger so you have to think about that too.

I'm pretty sure it will be better then Bynum's rookie year. "but but but Bynum was younger@@@@", that's his own fault.

The real question is who is better at age 20. It's 2 different paths, this year both will be in the NBA,same age, healthy and ready to rock & roll and both have great teams to help there game.

It doesn't matter where you been it matters where you at and this point Oden is on ground zero, look at Kwame(the future). Brown was consistently rated as the "best high school player" in his class, which also included high school standouts Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler. He was the high school player of the year as a senior in Georgia. Brown finished his high school career at the historic Glynn Academy (in Brunswick, Georgia) as the school's all-time leading rebounder (1,235) and shot-blocker (605), and also finished second all-time as a scorer and he was named to the 2001 McDonald's All-American Team.

Where is he now? Who is better now Curry/Chandler or Kwame, it must be Kwame cause of the hype right?

BYNUM
Born: Oct 27, 1987
Height: 7-0
Weight: 285 lbs.

ODEN
Born: Jan 22, 1988
Weight: 250 lbs.

Same age, same height, the only and the difference is weight, Bynum can easily go Shaq Daddy on his ***.

G-Funk
07-12-2008, 06:19 AM
I think that Oden can be better and wont be surprised if he is but Im hoping that Bynum will be better and i have good points to back it up. not just talking out of my *** cause im a Lakers fan.

Crunchy12489
07-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I think that Oden can be better and wont be surprised if he is but Im hoping that Bynum will be better and i have good points to back it up. not just talking out of my *** cause im a Lakers fan.

You kind of are talking a little trash there, guy.

"How we took over the Western conference this year w/o our Center"

Alot of teams on the West are getting better.

Don't think the Lakers are still superior and the other Western teams are inferior.

I doubt the Lakers will make it out the 2nd round next year, but that's my guess. It will be in a game 7.

valade16
07-12-2008, 11:16 AM

Bynum.

actually when you average 19 and 13 for 5 GAMES and average 14 and 11 before that it is not a trend until they average that for more than 5 GAMES.

And Potential isn't tied to age, just because someone is younger doesn't make them have more potential. Nor does one year of development equal the same year of development for someone else. Oden was far better before his potential was ever being reached.

When Oden gets Bynum's exerience his superior skills and moves will become very apparent to you. Everyone outside Los Angeles seems to believe Oden will be the dominant Center in the Western Conference, but of course Los Angeles has always been the best place for getting correct information on players and potential...

And to that dude that said Oden played poorly in the Summer league, he didn't play poorly outside of fouling a lot, he made many spectacular plays, and it was his ROOKIE YEAR IN A SUMMER LEAGUE. Bynum Took 2 years to reach where he is now, I think we can safely say Oden will be signifigantly better a quarter of the way through the season than he was in his first ever summer league.

But you guys keep believing that the Lakers are the hottest thing since sliced bread, that Pau Gasol, Odom, Kobe, and Bynum is a better team than Shaq and Kobe, that Kobe won those 3 titles not shaq, and that Gasol and Odom aren't as soft as tissue paper...

valade16
07-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Wtf ,have you seen Greg play an NBA game?

It's easy to think that after seen what we did to the Western conference without our Center.

No one in the NBA has or will make bad decisions if they are shooting 60%+ from the field and don't forget he can still learn he is as young as Oden = bigger, stronger, experienced so the potential and arguments are there.

In Odens case he is smaller, may be a better post defender but inexperienced and for sure he is not stronger so you have to think about that too.

The real question is who is better at age 20. It's 2 different paths, this year both will be in the NBA,same age, healthy and ready to rock & roll and both have great teams to help there game.

It doesn't matter where you been it matters where you at and this point Oden is on ground zero, look at Kwame(the future). Brown was consistently rated as the "best high school player" in his class, which also included high school standouts Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler. He was the high school player of the year as a senior in Georgia. Brown finished his high school career at the historic Glynn Academy (in Brunswick, Georgia) as the school's all-time leading rebounder (1,235) and shot-blocker (605), and also finished second all-time as a scorer and he was named to the 2001 McDonald's All-American Team.

Where is he now? Who is better now Curry/Chandler or Kwame, it must be Kwame cause of the hype right?

BYNUM

ODEN

Same age, same height, the only and the difference is weight, Bynum can easily go Shaq Daddy on his ***.

Obviously you aren't very good at double checking your facts, or you'd know that Oden went on a dedicated workout regime while he was rehabbing and put on 20 pounds of solid muscle. He now weighs 270 lbs...

and in regards to Kwame you have to look at the context of the praise. The word on Kwame when he was drafted was he was raw, needed work on his mechanics, but was a very athletic player.

Where as Oden has been described has having flawless footwork and soft hands...

valade16
07-12-2008, 11:22 AM
And also you act like Bynum is far younger than Oden, when in reality he is freakin' 3 months younger LMFAO!!!!

G-Funk
07-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Alot of teams on the West are getting better.

Don't think the Lakers are still superior and the other Western teams are inferior.

I doubt the Lakers will make it out the 2nd round next year, but that's my guess. It will be in a game 7.

Yeah, Alot of Teams are getting better except the Lakers.

Well you can doubt the lakers all you want, just like I doubt the nuggets even making the playoffs.

G-Funk
07-12-2008, 09:08 PM
And also you act like Bynum is far younger than Oden, when in reality he is freakin' 3 months younger LMFAO!!!!

BYNUM

ODEN

can you read that???

valade16
07-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Obviously I was not remarking on that post...

And to the guy who said:

"Bynums stats as a starter (25 games): 14.6 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 2.3 BPG, 1.8 APG, 65.6% FG, 30.7 minutes

I doubt Oden will come close to that next season"

Let that be a barometer, Because I can easily see Oden getting those numbers next year.