PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets offer minimum to AC; he's "very, very" likely to accept

DenButsu
07-06-2008, 10:09 PM
The article also indicates Diawara has not been contacted by Denver and is not likely to be back, and that a Carter re-sign doesn't take the Pargo possibility off the table.

Anthony Carter likely to accept Nuggets offer

The Nuggets don’t have much to spend on a point guard. But Anthony Carter appears willing to return for less than he sought.

The free agent said Sunday the Nuggets have offered a one-year guaranteed contract for the NBA minimum, and he is likely to accept the $1.262 million deal.

“The chances are very, very high,” Carter said of signing shortly after he can do so Wednesday...

Carter said he got his offer Saturday from Nuggets executive Mark Warkentien. Carter, who played last season for the minimum of $1.108 million, was hoping for a multiyear deal worth more than the minimum.

“(Warkentien) just said that, with their salaries, they don’t have much to spend,” Carter said of the Nuggets, who are well over the luxury tax. “He was straight up with me.”rockymountainnews (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jul/06/anthony-carter-likely-accept-nuggets-offer/)

Sounds like it's a pretty sure thing he'll be back on the roster. It's for the minimum, so I don't really have a problem with it - I'd rather take him back than pick up a summer leaguer question mark, and we have to put some bodies on the bench. It's insurance, at the very least. But I sure as hell hope he doesn't get more than 10 minutes. We need higher caliber players on the court.

fly boy
07-06-2008, 10:41 PM
i dont like it at all lol i still think the nuggets should look at shaun livingston

DenButsu
07-06-2008, 10:55 PM
i dont like it at all lol i still think the nuggets should look at shaun livingston

See, to me this is where it all comes back to George Karl.

I have absolutely no problem with AC being on the roster for a minimum salary.

What I have a problem with is him starting and playing 35 minutes a game when there are other players who are just worlds better (J.R.) or were better at bringing the team together in a winning configuration (Diawara at the 2 w/ AI at the point).

It's fine with me if they re-sign AC for the min., but I'll be pissed if he plays much more than 10 minutes a game. He's good enough to be a contributor in limited minutes as a backup, or backup to the backup.

Game_Over
07-06-2008, 11:15 PM
I just don't want another year of Carter and Atkins.. I just wish Atkins was a free agent aswell!! We really can't have another year with those two I think!!

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 12:49 AM
I just don't want another year of Carter and Atkins.. I just wish Atkins was a free agent aswell!! We really can't have another year with those two I think!!

Amen.

I don't want Chucky or Anthony.

I'd take Chucky over Anthony any day.

Anthony Carter isn't starting material. He's a backup for the backup. He needs to be there just to fill out the roster.

God I'm so pissed. :mad:

I'd trade Atkins and Carter for J-Will.

One thing I wish Karl would do is use his younger players. Poor Steven Hunter :(

DenButsu
07-07-2008, 05:45 AM
One thing I wish Karl would do is use his younger players. Poor Steven Hunter :(

Yeah, especially after Nene got injured - and then got diagnosed and operated on - and for all practical purposes missed the entire season, there really was no excuse for Karl not playing Hunter more. Camby was getting fatigued towards the end of the season for one thing. He should have been doing at least 10 minutes a game just to give Marcus a break.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Yeah, especially after Nene got injured - and then got diagnosed and operated on - and for all practical purposes missed the entire season, there really was no excuse for Karl not playing Hunter more. Camby was getting fatigued towards the end of the season for one thing. He should have been doing at least 10 minutes a game just to give Marcus a break.

Excuse me,

Poor Marcus :(

George Karl didn't give Camby much slack going into the post season or any game this season.

I bet Karl made his knees 10x worse than they had to be. We needed those knees for rebounds, blocks, and contesting shots!

DenButsu
07-07-2008, 06:15 AM
Yeah, I don't know if Karl is asked by the FO to justify the way he allocates minutes to the players, but he's got a lot to answer for in that area:

-Why did he never play Hunter?

-Why did he play Carter so damn much - and specifically, so much more than J.R. (even in the latter half of the season, after J.R. turned the corner)?

-Why did he almost never play Diawara, especially in situations where our defense was falling apart and we needed a player with a good defensive mindest and skillset in there who could help stop the bleeding?

I wonder if the GMs just give him a free pass on all that, or if they're pissed at all, or if they support his decisions? Some of it just seems so painfully obvious...

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I don't know if Karl is asked by the FO to justify the way he allocates minutes to the players, but he's got a lot to answer for in that area:

-Why did he never play Hunter?

-Why did he play Carter so damn much - and specifically, so much more than J.R. (even in the latter half of the season, after J.R. turned the corner)?

-Why did he almost never play Diawara, especially in situations where our defense was falling apart and we needed a player with a good defensive mindest and skillset in there who could help stop the bleeding?

I wonder if the GMs just give him a free pass on all that, or if they're pissed at all, or if they support his decisions? Some of it just seems so painfully obvious...

I've always wondered why George bragged about Diawara's underrated defense. How do we know? Hell you never put him in to prove a point.

But the one thing that will always bug the hell out of me...

How can you bench a young 7 footer? Lakers didn't do it and look what they came up with (Bynum).

BRAVE KID
07-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Eh not a problem with me, he can play good D and that is the only reason why I sort of like it plus he accepted the minimum to play with us so I am okay as long as Karl uses him right.

BRAVE KID
07-07-2008, 10:54 AM
since it the article only mentioned the interest with pargo, that is telling me that they aren't really going to go after arroyo damn.

QuaLiThADoN
07-08-2008, 11:56 PM
he likes playing with the nuggets