PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers will go far in the playoffs if not win it all

TheBatchelor213
07-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Now I am a Dodgers fan, but I am not claiming the Dodgers will win the world series. I am though asserting that they will make a very deep run into the playoffs and quite possibly into the World Series which is my hope. I think a lot of people are sleeping on them due to the fact they are in the weak NL West and as I write are not even in playoff position. But unlike seasons of the past, everything is in place for them to make a deep run. There is a plethora of pitching that I really feel can match up with any rotation/bullpen in the NL and even the bigs. Billingsley, Kuroda, Park, and Stults all have ERA'S under 3 or close to it and Lowe is something like 4.05 and that is your current starting rotation. Plus in years past where we might have needed to make a trade to bolster the rotation, having Penny and Schmidt come back essentially serves as a trade given that neither has contributed nor will really be counted on for much barring any injury. Throw in Kuo and Kershaw and you have 9 pitchers with significant big league experience excluding Kershaw who can go out and give you 6+ on any given night.

Then you have the bullpen. For starters it is safe to assume that Park, or Stults will possibly be headed to the bullpen sometime soon throwing another high quality arm in the mix with solid numbers. Factor in Kuo for possible 6th inning work or long relief with his ERA below 2, Beimel in the 7th with his 1.38 ERA, power setup man Broxton for the 8th and lights out Saito as your closer and you have the game taken care of! Honestly, after the all star break, people will be taking notice that this is the best pitching staff in baseball!

Now with the offense, which some may argue as the stumbling block to any significant run. Yes, we have at times struggled scoring runs. But. . . . . .the kids who aren't really kids anymore are coming around. Ethier is showing he deserves to play everyday, Kemp although prone to the strikeout is fitting in nicely in the leadoff spot, with power and speed (18 SB, 283 avg.) and the strikeouts will improve. And DeWitt at third although is a work in progress is hitting with decent power and a respectable batting average. Kent is catching fire at 2nd and even playing some solid defense (anybody that called for him to retire was just stupid, what would you have liked to see Maza at 2nd everyday?), Martin, well he's the best catcher in the National League or 2nd if your a Cubs fan. Nomar is key, but in the few games he's been back he has looked good with the bat and in the field. And with Jones being back, we can hate on the contract as much as we want but he is on the team, and even given the horrid first game back, I think promise is there and if he sucks? Juan P. is on his way back. I do not expect Jones to put up numbers of two years ago but I do expect he will hit some jacks and drive some runs in. And remember one thing. . . . . . . . .Furcal will be back in eight weeks. . . . . just in time for a playoff run. Also remember, with the pitching we have, we do not need to score 5 or 6 runs every night, as has shown to be the case in recent games, but with the lineup we have and the way we have been hitting it is not out of the question.

As much as people have said we would probably be in the same position now compared to if Grady were coaching the team, they are probably right, but Joe would not have come to Los Angeles if he did not feel we were capable of winning. Joe is a winner, Grady (nice guy) is not. This team has what it takes to win it all.

GO DODGERS!!!!!!

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe

Burkey3472
07-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking there will be 2 teams from the NL Central, and the team who wins the NL east will have more wins, so that means you will most like end up playing the Cubs in the 1st round

Dodgers at Cubs = Cubs in the NLCS

PhillyLuver
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't think the Dodgers will go that far.

And do you have to put your myspace after every post?

BigEric
07-06-2008, 09:25 PM
You guys aren't even winning your divison yet, lets focus on that first.

odiz
07-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for that breakdown of how great the Dodgers are but there not even going to make the playoffs let alone the WS. The DBacks will get hot and run away with the division, there too good not to and no way you win the Wild Card with the Cardinals,Brewers,Marlins and Mets all vying for that last spot.

sanfranfan1210
07-06-2008, 09:33 PM
They are not going deep in the playoffs

sacgiants1213
07-06-2008, 09:35 PM
dodgers won't even make the playoffs

Tragedy
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
You guys aren't even winning your divison yet, lets focus on that first.
They're like, what, a game out?

LARock21
07-06-2008, 10:01 PM
They're a half game out, and although I'm not going to pretend their the best team in the NL, they have a lot of potential and if everything comes together at the end of the season they have a great chance at winning the west and going deep into the playoffs. The D-Backs started out great but the Dodgers will finish ahead of them.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I would love to see that happen but it wont. We have no bats. We need some power in the lineup. And the "great" pitchers you listed will not be reliable through a 162 games season plus the playoffs. We dont even have a number 1 starter. We should have traded for C.C. Sabathia. Penny is hurt, Furcall is hurt. Jones sucks. Kent is an old jerk. We have no power in all the power positions like at 1b, 3b or any outfield position. If we get into the playoffs it will be more cause we have the advantage of playing in a crappy division. We need to stop holding all these so called great prospects and make a move for proven talent. No one should be above being traded. Something has to change. It has been too long for this team to get out of at least the first series in the playoffs.

ratatat
07-06-2008, 10:28 PM
can you give me some of the weed you smoked before you posted this

Malone for Pres
07-06-2008, 10:32 PM
sigh

I really wish there were a post count limit before people can make threads. You're making us look like Cubs fans. Or even worse... Mets fans...

DamnGoat
07-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Anything can happen in the Playoffs, especially the NL.

So you never know.

I guess it all depends on who they'd match up with, but I don't see the Dodgers offense as much of a threat honestly.

BigEric
07-06-2008, 10:57 PM
They're like, what, a game out?

Ok, they are a game out, does that guarntee them a spot? The Mets were 7 games up with 17 left. I'm not saying you guys aren't going to make it, but worry about getting into the playoffs before you have WS aspirations.

Joba Rules!!
07-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Wasn't this just closed?

Tragedy
07-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Ok, they are a game out, does that guarntee them a spot? The Mets were 7 games up with 17 left. I'm not saying you guys aren't going to make it, but worry about getting into the playoffs before you have WS aspirations.
As the thread started:

Now I am a Dodgers fan, but I am not claiming the Dodgers will win the world series.
I don't think Dodger fans are proclaiming their team as the World Series Champions, 110% guaranteed. However, they are thinking this team is good enough to make the Playoffs. They surely have a chance, especially if the D-Backs can't get back on track, as they've been awful for some time now.

BigEric
07-06-2008, 10:59 PM
sigh

I really wish there were a post count limit before people can make threads. You're making us look like Cubs fans. Or even worse... Mets fans...

HAHA.

cwilson21
07-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Sorry but I don't see the Dodgers making much noise in the playoffs much less getting there.

TheBatchelor213
07-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Pretty negative responses, but to each his own. And to those saying the Dodgers will not even make the playoffs, I would respectfully disagree with that assumption even going as far to say that I would LAY a whole lot down that they will. Either way, look at the make up of the team? Everybody always says pitching wins ball games, and arguably we have the best pitching staff of all contending teams. Out of all contending teams in the NL we have the best ERA at 3.7. Hypothetically if Penny and Schmidt come back healthy that just makes the pitching even stronger but the beautiful thing is, the staff is so deep if they stink it up, there is no reason to keep throwing them out there. As I stated earlier, we can throw 9 potential guys out there who can give you a quality start every time so if Penny and Schmidt prove to be inadequate, let them keep the bench warm.

And for the hitting and those who argue that hitting holds more importance than the pitching, what is wrong with this line up.

1.Matt Kemp Avg 284 7 Hr. 44 Rbi 18 Sb (is just getting hot)
2.Andre Ethier Avg 281 10 hr 38 RBI (is getting hotter and hotter)
3. R. Martin avg Avg 306 9 Hr 42 RBI
4. J. Kent Avg 267 9 Hr 39 RBI
5. J. Loney Avg 300 7 Hr 40 Rbi
6. Nomar Avg 263 1 Hr 7 RBI (looked good since being back)
7. A. Jones Avg 155 2 Hr 8 Rbi (even I have to laugh here)
8 B. DeWitt Avg 5 Hr 34 Rbis

Take a look at that line up. . . . .Cannot say its the best, I would sound stupid, some of you probably already think that. Is it good enough to get us in the playoffs? Of course it is. The key here is it keeps getting better. Kemp, Ethier, and Kent all have gotten better as the season has progressed, I think its safe to say Jones, although will probably end up hitting around 200, will hit a few jacks and drive some runners in once he can lay off the junk he has been swinging at. But say Jones underperforms and DeWitt struggles down the stretch, come playoff time you can take DeWitt and Jones out of the line up replacing them with Furcal and Pierre. Then when playoffs starts your first 5 hitters can wreak just as much havoc as ANYBODY!!!!
1.Furcal
2. Pierre
3. Martin
4. Kent
5. Loney

Furcal getting on base opens it up for Pierre to draw more walks setting the table for Martin, Kent an Loney who are our best clutch hitters. We have all seen what speed can do, and what other team is going to be able to throw two guys out there in the 1-2 whole who can hit for the Averages and has the speed Furcal and Pierre have.

And remember, as I said earlier, we do not need 5-6 runs a game like some other teams. I firmly believe we have a line up that can regularly produce 5 runs a game but with our pitching we do not even need it.
GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-07-2008, 04:15 AM
I think I'm smart I'll post some bs espn generated reason since I haven't seen the Dodgers play all year.

Sound about right douchebags?

I'll disregard a fan who obviously put in his time and effort but I know I'm smarter than him I watch espn after all.

N.Z's #1 Dodger
07-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Dude, don't tell everyone we were going to make our WS run a secret!!!

Sorry, but I found this thread rather embarrassing, in fact I pretty much only read the title. It's almost as bad as "CYTANA". I support your views, but I don't think the entire PSD baseball forum has to read our homerism. If someone from any other team made a thread like this, I'd give them **** too.

GHGHCP
07-07-2008, 04:50 AM
The D-Backs have been spinning their wheels for 2 months now, teams realize they can still throw off speed junk at their young guys and dominate them. Also their pitching hasn't been nearly as sharp. Webb has been hittable for 3 weeks now, Haren gets no run support, Johnson threw his best game in 2 months as he has been horrible since and we all know how bad their pen in.

Anyway, our chances to make the playoffs/go deep into them all have to do with how much playing time some of the useless vets get. If Pierre takes playing time from Ethier and Kemp and Jones doesn't figure it out we are much better off with Young-Kemp-Ethier in the outfield.

In_Ned_I_Trust
07-07-2008, 05:07 AM

Sorry, but I found this thread rather embarrassing, in fact I pretty much only read the title. It's almost as bad as "CYTANA". I support your views, but I don't think the entire PSD baseball forum has to read our homerism. If someone from any other team made a thread like this, I'd give them **** too.

I agree NZ but bro they weren't even trying to hear what this guy said. It was complete bs.

grizz8884
07-07-2008, 05:07 AM

:clap: I was thinking the same thing. Way to put the Dodger PSD'ers collective bare ***** in the wind here, topic creator.

Cadarn
07-07-2008, 01:25 PM
They're a half game out, and although I'm not going to pretend their the best team in the NL, they have a lot of potential and if everything comes together at the end of the season they have a great chance at winning the west and going deep into the playoffs. The D-Backs started out great but the Dodgers will finish ahead of them.

Dodgers might make the playoffs if the dbacks keep choking. No way either team will advance past the first round. Dodgers have a very weak lineup, inconsistent pitching, Furcal won't be back, Schmidt will continue to be a nonfactor, the young talent doesn't care about winning, and Andruw Jones is beyond terrible and posssibly the worst player in the league.

I'm pretty die hard, but saying they have a chance to do anything in the playoffs is just stupid.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-07-2008, 01:44 PM
The dodgers will not win the WS, they will not make the WS, they will not make the playoffs.

theLgndKllr35
07-07-2008, 01:50 PM
The dodgers will not win the WS, they will not make the WS, they will not make the playoffs.

Exactly, Webb and Haren are too good to keep a team from the playoffs.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-07-2008, 01:53 PM
And for the hitting and those who argue that hitting holds more importance than the pitching, what is wrong with this line up.

1.Matt Kemp Avg 284 7 Hr. 44 Rbi 18 Sb (is just getting hot)
2.Andre Ethier Avg 281 10 hr 38 RBI (is getting hotter and hotter)
3. R. Martin avg Avg 306 9 Hr 42 RBI
4. J. Kent Avg 267 9 Hr 39 RBI
5. J. Loney Avg 300 7 Hr 40 Rbi
6. Nomar Avg 263 1 Hr 7 RBI (looked good since being back)
7. A. Jones Avg 155 2 Hr 8 Rbi (even I have to laugh here)
8 B. DeWitt Avg 5 Hr 34 Rbis

You want to know whats wrong with the dodgers lineup? Rafeal Furcal isnt in it anymore. With out him the dodgers offense is worse than the Giants. If you think the dodgers can make the playoffs, then the Giants equally as much if not more so. The dodgers have been going down hill with out Furcal, and the D-backs as we all know, can't win to save their lives right now (wich I still think wont hold up).

The Giants have gotten better since the D-backs started losing. When the D-backs started losing a lot of games, May 20, the Giants have the best record in the NL West, 3 games ahead of the dodgers (read that in the paper trying to find a link). That shows the Giants have been improving as every other team in the NL West has been getting worse.

Liney3506
07-07-2008, 02:18 PM
They can't even win in the worst division in baseball, let alone against anyone with an above .500 record.

Cadarn
07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
cain=future

IP _H R ER BB SO ERA
6.0 8 5 _5 _3 _5 _4.30 Cain (L, 5-7)

:clap:

DodgeRfan8
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
the dodgers will definately make the playoffs. a half game out with just over week before the break, and they haven't really been healthy at all this year. If they make a big trade before the deadline they can definately make a good run.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
IP _H R ER BB SO ERA
6.0 8 5 _5 _3 _5 _4.30 Cain (L, 5-7)

dodgers offense:
Runs: 365 - ranks 25th in the Majors
Hits: 764 - ranks 24th
HR: 60 - ranks 29th
BA: .257 - ranks 21st
OBP: .324 - ranks 22nd
SLG: .379 - ranks 27th
OPS: .703 - ranks 24th

PapelbonLester
07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
nothings for sure but i doubt the dodgers dont make the playoffs. look at their roster with THE GREAT JOE TORRE. haha if they dont i see them clearing house

TheBatchelor213
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I have seen far more meaningless posts on here. Nonetheless, I respect everybody's opinion but my point still does stand. The Dodgers with the pitching staff they have combined with the line up is enough to take them far into the playoffs and quite possibly lead them to be the champs of baseball. Some of you seem to get it though acknowledging at least part of my initial claim. For some of the others, go ahead and argue about how we have not hit by posting stats accordingly, but take a look at the pitching, best among all contenders. And the hitting, this past month, although not spectacular has improved and I no doubt feel that trend will continue.

sacgiants1213
07-07-2008, 03:37 PM
didn't the dodgers just lose to zito....? If they can't even beat zito then how will they beat the elite pitchers down the stretch. STAY HEALTHY ANDRUW!!!!

TheBatchelor213
07-07-2008, 03:43 PM
What does that prove? We lost to Zito who typically has been performing better anyway and beat two of your front end young stars.

sacgiants1213
07-07-2008, 04:24 PM
you beat our pathetic bullpen on friday....you didn't beat sanchez

GHGHCP
07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
you beat our pathetic bullpen on friday....you didn't beat sanchez

5 ip, 110 pc, 5 hits, 3 r, 3 bb is beating him enough. The fact that he was gassed by the 5th is very telling on how much better we are hitting with Pierre and Berroa out of the everyday lineup. Dodgers are playing the best baseball in the division atm and have the easiest schedule down the stretch of the NL West teams. I like our chances to win the West.

TheBatchelor213
07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
5 ip, 110 pc, 5 hits, 3 r, 3 bb is beating him enough. The fact that he was gassed by the 5th is very telling on how much better we are hitting with Pierre and Berroa out of the everyday lineup. Dodgers are playing the best baseball in the division atm and have the easiest schedule down the stretch of the NL West teams. I like our chances to win the West.

That is so true about the schedule as well as how we have been working counts better, taking pitches, etc etc. I agree 100 percent that Berroa is better suited out of the lineup and as a late inning defensive sub but I think Pierre will play a key part come playoff time when paired with Furcal at the top of the order. Before Pierre went down he was not hitting all that badly and to have a 1-2 with that kind of speed especially with Furcal in the one spot, can be deadly for opposing teams.

iam brett favre
07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Chan Ho Park is a monster!

CarniifeX
07-07-2008, 07:04 PM
If you can get a good Brad Penny back after the break, which is unlikely because of the injury and recent 2nd half stats, and a somewhat consistent lineup, and a real SS, then youve certainly got a chance. I can see the Dodgers beating the Mets but not the Phillies or Cubs.

LARock21
07-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Dodgers might make the playoffs if the dbacks keep choking. No way either team will advance past the first round. Dodgers have a very weak lineup, inconsistent pitching, Furcal won't be back, Schmidt will continue to be a nonfactor, the young talent doesn't care about winning, and Andruw Jones is beyond terrible and posssibly the worst player in the league.

I'm pretty die hard, but saying they have a chance to do anything in the playoffs is just stupid.

so you're saying that if their starting rotation (possibly the best 1-5 in baseball with: penny, lowe, billingsley,kuroda, and kuo,park,stults, kershaw who have all been very capable in 5th spot) becomes healthy and consistently good, and if our bullpen (top 5 in baseball) continues to perform like it is, and their young players, which also ranks up there with the best in the league (martin, kemp, loney, ethier, laroche) start hitting, producing and just getting used to big league pitching, and underachieving veterans, (jones, nomar, and kent to an extent), raise there stats to their career averages, and if furcal comes back healthy and jsut as explosive and possibly schmidt as well; that the dodgers can't go deep in the playoffs? THAT is stupid. They have one of the most talented teams in the majors but have a lot of issues that need to be fixed. If and when they do, they could make a deep playoff run and that can't really be debated. I'm not saying they will, I'm saying its possible because of the amount of talent they have that hasn't performed as expected.

yojoe792
07-07-2008, 10:04 PM
YAY!:clap:

if this guy says it, it must be true.

zambo4president
07-07-2008, 10:12 PM
you out ya mind if u think the dodgers are even makin the playoffs

nme
07-07-2008, 10:26 PM
you out ya mind if u think the dodgers are even makin the playoffs

Why is that, because we are 1/2 game out right now???

And cain=future...for all the **** you talk, how'd that series go this weekend?

I'm not predicting anything, but I don't think it's out of the question for us to make the playoffs, especially considering the division we are in. And once in the playoffs, anything is possible. How many games did the Cards win in the regular season when they made it to the playoffs a few years ago?

Cadarn
07-07-2008, 11:30 PM
dodgers offense:

and cain lost to that lineup :clap:

TheBatchelor213
07-07-2008, 11:55 PM
so you're saying that if their starting rotation (possibly the best 1-5 in baseball with: penny, lowe, billingsley,kuroda, and kuo,park,stults, kershaw who have all been very capable in 5th spot) becomes healthy and consistently good, and if our bullpen (top 5 in baseball) continues to perform like it is, and their young players, which also ranks up there with the best in the league (martin, kemp, loney, ethier, laroche) start hitting, producing and just getting used to big league pitching, and underachieving veterans, (jones, nomar, and kent to an extent), raise there stats to their career averages, and if furcal comes back healthy and jsut as explosive and possibly schmidt as well; that the dodgers can't go deep in the playoffs? THAT is stupid. They have one of the most talented teams in the majors but have a lot of issues that need to be fixed. If and when they do, they could make a deep playoff run and that can't really be debated. I'm not saying they will, I'm saying its possible because of the amount of talent they have that hasn't performed as expected.

well said!

GO DODGERS!!!!

ugafan
07-08-2008, 12:04 AM
It shouldn't even be considered one of the best, Angels, Cubs, White Sox, D-Backs, even the Braves(homer pick but still better) are rotations I would take over the Dodgers.

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 12:17 AM
It shouldn't even be considered one of the best, Angels, Cubs, White Sox, D-Backs, even the Braves(homer pick but still better) are rotations I would take over the Dodgers.

Keep um, I will take Dodger Blue

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 12:18 AM

Thats a lot of stuff that will have to go right. If you guys think the dodgers have a great shot at the WS, were does that leave the Giants? The Giants are'nt that far behind the dodgers, and the Giants are not suppose to be a playoff team.

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Thats a lot of stuff that will have to go right. If you guys think the dodgers have a great shot at the WS, were does that leave the Giants? The Giants are'nt that far behind the dodgers, and the Giants are not suppose to be a playoff team.

The Giants have exceeded expectations even with their record being well below 500 but where does it leave them? They will continue to play the kind of ball they have played all season, whereas the Dodgers and even the D'Backs will create separation by playing better baseball. As a Giants fan, don't you think having Bonds now would have put you in the thick of things even more so as we stand in the NL West or would his presence have negated the Giants play negatively?

GHGHCP
07-08-2008, 12:24 AM

As starters:
Angels- 3.62 ERA
Cubs- 3.98
White Sox- 3.65
D-Backs- 4.04
Braves- 4.05
Dodgers- 4.06

Dodgers have one of the better rotations in baseball and easily one of the best pens. This team has the pitching to go deep into the playoffs no question, the issue is timely hitting as a lot of the young guys have shown flashes of brilliance. And with that said we are now tied for the division lead. Nice job Kuroda.

Ix5xI
07-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Playoffs!? Your Talking About Playoffs?!

Get Into First Place First.

GHGHCP
07-08-2008, 12:38 AM

Check the standings.

Shawh
07-08-2008, 12:39 AM
As starters:
Angels- 3.62 ERA
Cubs- 3.98
White Sox- 3.65
D-Backs- 4.04
Braves- 4.05
Dodgers- 4.06

Dodgers have one of the better rotations in baseball and easily one of the best pens. This team has the pitching to go deep into the playoffs no question, the issue is timely hitting as a lot of the young guys have shown flashes of brilliance. And with that said we are now tied for the division lead. Nice job Kuroda.

Not to mention that's skewed with Penny's horrible pitching so far.

Well, we're tied for first, so...........

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 12:48 AM
The Giants have exceeded expectations even with their record being well below 500 but where does it leave them? They will continue to play the kind of ball they have played all season, whereas the Dodgers and even the D'Backs will create separation by playing better baseball. As a Giants fan, don't you think having Bonds now would have put you in the thick of things even more so as we stand in the NL West or would his presence have negated the Giants play negatively?

I actully brought up the idea of bringing back Barry in the Giants forum. If they brought him back that would instantly put the Giants up there with dodger and D-backs if not ahead. No mater what you say Barry can flat out rake and he would make the Giants lineup 10 times better.

1. Lewis
2. Durham
3. Rowand
4. Bonds
5. Molina
6. Bowker
7. Aurillia
8. Burriss

If we did get him id want Winn to get traded and for Fred Lewis to start in RF.

How will the D-back, and dodgers create seperation? The Giants have been playing better than both of them since the decline of the D-backs.

LARock21
07-08-2008, 12:51 AM

You're right and it's highly unlikely all of that will happen. But, even if a few of those things come together, we have a good chance to win the west and who knows what could happen in the playoffs. The dodgers are rolling right now so it's easy for me to feel confident but I acknowledge the situation isn't ideal and there are better clubs at the moment then the dodgers. The giants are doing a lot better then most people expected, and even though that's disappointing to me, i have to give them credit for what they've done so far. However, I feel that they won't get much better then they are right now and the team that wins the west will have to play much better then any of them are playing currently.

edit: batchelor is spot on about the west i just missed what he said before i typed mine. There will be too much separation and the giants won't and can't keep up.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 12:55 AM
You're right and it's highly unlikely all of that will happen. But, even if a few of those things come together, we have a good chance to win the west and who knows what could happen in the playoffs. The dodgers are rolling right now so it's easy for me to feel confident but I acknowledge the situation isn't ideal and there are better clubs at the moment then the dodgers. The giants are doing a lot better then most people expected, and even though that's disappointing to me, i have to give them credit for what they've done so far. However, I feel that they won't get much better then they are right now and the team that wins the west will have to play much better then any of them are playing currently.

The Giants are getting better as the season goes along though. In the begging they were almost impossible to watch. They are actully playing pretty good lately. Cain, Lincecum, Sanchez, Bowker, Lewis, Manny Burriss are all getting better as the season progresses. Zito has show signs of hope in 2 of his last 3 starts, you know about the last one of course, and Cain has been a second half pitcher in his young carrer. Things are looking up for the Giants in the second half.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 12:56 AM
and cain lost to that lineup :clap:

And Zito made it look like a little leauge team.

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 01:04 AM
The Giants are getting better as the season goes along though. In the begging they were almost impossible to watch. They are actully playing pretty good lately. Cain, Lincecum, Sanchez, Bowker, Lewis, Manny Burriss are all getting better as the season progresses. Zito has show signs of hope in 2 of his last 3 starts, you know about the last one of course, and Cain has been a second half pitcher in his young carrer. Things are looking up for the Giants in the second half.

IMO Giants will finish in 4th, many many games out of first. A lot of young talent, but. . . . . as the Dodgers and D'Backs win more games, Giants will fade.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 01:08 AM
IMO Giants will finish in 4th, many many games out of first. A lot of young talent, but. . . . . as the Dodgers and D'Backs win more games, Giants will fade.

How will the Giants fade as the dodgers and D-backs win??? The Giants have been playing better baseball since the D-back started crashing. There are way to many injuries for the dodgers to go anywere. If Furcal dosnt comeback the dodgers have NO CHANCE.

What do you base the Giants finishing in 4th off of?

07MVPPatBurrell
07-08-2008, 01:44 AM
dodgers suck

giantspwn
07-08-2008, 01:54 AM
This thread is ridiculous, dodger fans should be embarrassed..Anyone with a pulse could win the NL west and your talking about going deep into the play-offs ...The Dodgers, D-backs, Giants and Colorado all have an equal chance of making the playoffs but that doesn't mean they will be able to compete with a team like the Cubs...Anyone in this division that goes on a hot streak could easily take this division...IMO, it's the D-backs to loose..

theRealDealGSW
07-08-2008, 02:08 AM
SHUT UP you stupid dodger idiots

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 02:12 AM
How will the Giants fade as the dodgers and D-backs win??? The Giants have been playing better baseball since the D-back started crashing. There are way to many injuries for the dodgers to go anywere. If Furcal dosnt comeback the dodgers have NO CHANCE.

IMO Dodgers will take it and be in first, D'Backs will end up in 2nd, Padres win some games ending up in third leaving the Giants not far behind the Padres in 4th. Giants have some great young cats and some of the older guys are still very solid but I do see a fade.

As far as Bonds though, I agree with you. That would have changed the complexion of the division.

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 02:17 AM
This thread is ridiculous, dodger fans should be embarrassed..Anyone with a pulse could win the NL west and your talking about going deep into the play-offs ...The Dodgers, D-backs, Giants and Colorado all have an equal chance of making the playoffs but that doesn't mean they will be able to compete with a team like the Cubs...Anyone in this division that goes on a hot streak could easily take this division...IMO, it's the D-backs to loose..

Ok, how is it embarrassing? What is embarrassing is the assertion that D'Backs, Rockies, along with the Dodgers are all on an equal playing field to make the playoffs, mind as well throw the Padres in there to complete the picture. The season is just half over, and are worst baseball is behind us. Like I said I cannot guarantee World Series victory, but we will go deep, real deep, that is if the Padres do not make a run and overtake us lol

myspace.com/thebatchelorspe (:

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 11:56 AM
IMO Dodgers will take it and be in first, D'Backs will end up in 2nd, Padres win some games ending up in third leaving the Giants not far behind the Padres in 4th. Giants have some great young cats and some of the older guys are still very solid but I do see a fade.

As far as Bonds though, I agree with you. That would have changed the complexion of the division.

The Padres? The Padres? THe Padres? The Padres are the worst team in baseball! How will they possibly finish in third, even in the NL West. I can just tell now, you are pulling random *** **** out of your ***.

The Schmooze
07-08-2008, 12:07 PM
freakin homers...

:pity:

The A Team
07-08-2008, 12:13 PM
The Diamondbacks will win the NL West and the NL Central will win the Wild Card, which leaves the Dodgers hitting the links at Torrey Pines. NL West fans always strike me as the silliest in baseball. It's cute that you guys think the Giants and Dodgers are good teams.

dodgers07champs
07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
The Diamondbacks will win the NL West and the NL Central will win the Wild Card, which leaves the Dodgers hitting the links at Torrey Pines. NL West fans always strike me as the silliest in baseball. It's cute that you guys think the Giants and Dodgers are good teams.

Says the guy who roots for the A's and Rays..how is that working for you? Frontrunner.

WOwolfOL
07-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Cubs swept you @ Wrigley and split a 4-gamer in Chavez. I'm not concerned.

FriarFanatic
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
dodgers might make the playoffs cuz of how ****ty our division is but they wont go far in the playoffs. much like a couple years ago when the padres won the division at like 2 games over 500 and then got rocked in the first round by the cardinals

The A Team
07-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Says the guy who roots for the A's and Rays..how is that working for you? Frontrunner.

That's been in my sig since I signed up several years back. The Pat Burrell and Pat Gillick comments also come from back then when the general fan consensus was that both sucked. Now everyone in Philly loves them.

But if you want to know why I like the A's and Rays, it's because of the talent they develop. I didn't expect the Rays to start turning heads until next year when they'll have Kaz, Shields, and Price at the top of the rotation.

nme
07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Let's drop this thread, then resurrect it in October and laugh our ***** off about how we ran away with the division.

Great game last night Hiroki.

Go Blue!!!

LukesLALOVE21
07-08-2008, 04:39 PM
dodgers won't even make the playoffs

Wow great comment.........Coming from a Queens and Giants fan.......The Dodgers are a decent team for now but there getting hot! Furcal might not be back but its all good we got young studs (Billingsley,Broxton,Ethier,Kemp,Loney,Martin) there ready to come in there own.....plus as weak as the N.L West is im not sold on anyone else (Cubs have shown to chooooooooooooke over the last 100 years(kinda like No-cal battery chuckers)The Brewers though do have now 2 great starters C.C hasn't been lights out this year and Sheets can go down at any minute).The N.L is wide open for the Dodgers to take,You put Lowe,Kuroda,Bills,Penny,Stults (or Kuroda,Kershaw) with that solid bullpen they don't have to score that many runs to win.........Note:the Dodgers as a team have the BEST ERA in the NATIONAL LEAGUE (3.70).

LukesLALOVE21
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM

Its cute how your team finally got to the postseason since Mitch gave up the walk-off to Joe Carter,but then you got bounced by a "weak" N.L team the Rockies so chill out cool guy.The D-backs??? hahaha without Snyder and Brynes?? please! They couldn't even win with them healthy this year! LOL

yojoe792
07-08-2008, 04:42 PM
1ST PLACE!!!!!!:dance:

But really Batchelor, you are getting ahead of yourself. This team honestly has no chance at the WS unless they acquire someone major at the deadline. Or if Andruw Jones comes back to how he played 3 years ago, but that is a little unlikely. I give them a good shot at the division this year, but they need to stay healthy and upgrade their roster.

LukesLALOVE21
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM

Hey smart guy what injuries?? Nomar? he is back? Jones?? they have shown they can with without him! Schmidt?? he has never been healthy! Pierre?? Ethier......well you saw what Ethier can do when getting a chance to play everyday this last weekend to your weak Giants......Furcal hurts but were so talented with young players we should be fine (best pitching in N.L) don't need a lot of hitting (D-backs proved that last year) especially in the medicore West....You should change your name From Cain=Future to Lincecum=Future.....Cain is nice but not a frontline ace.

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 04:55 PM
The Padres? The Padres? THe Padres? The Padres are the worst team in baseball! How will they possibly finish in third, even in the NL West. I can just tell now, you are pulling random *** **** out of your ***.

Thanks for your kind kind words, such a friendly guy. Lets say your Giants finish third. . . . .ummm big deal, but if it makes you feel better you can think that.

nme
07-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Apparently no Gnat fans watched the series this weekend.

If not for the the Falken Cyborg, we sweep the series.

LukesLALOVE21
07-08-2008, 05:00 PM

Exactly but were still 4-2 against those scrubs! its funny how some of the Giants fans on here think cause there 5.5 games out in early July that they are going to be in this towards the end----LOL The Dodgers and D-backs haven't even gotten hot---they will be 10+ out by the end of the month.

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Exactly but were still 4-2 against those scrubs! its funny how some of the Giants fans on here think cause there 5.5 games out in early July that they are going to be in this towards the end----LOL The Dodgers and D-backs haven't even gotten hot---they will be 10+ out by the end of the month.

Apparently Cain thinks Giants are about to make a big run. Dave Roberts coming back is pretty scary, watch out!!!!!

nstachowski
07-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Dodgers arent even gonna make the playoffs, let alone go deep in them..

theRealDealGSW
07-08-2008, 05:37 PM
this is why i hate la so much

TheBatchelor213
07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
this is why i hate la so much

what does that mean?

LukesLALOVE21
07-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh he is just a bitter Warriors fan..........you know the ones that had the "we believe shirts for like 2 years????? LOL! or he is mad cause Baron went to a L.A team----can you blame him? who would want to play in The Orca whale arena and for that old-has been coach!

LukesLALOVE21
07-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Apparently Cain thinks Giants are about to make a big run. Dave Roberts coming back is pretty scary, watch out!!!!!

Dave Roberts is a upgrade at least defensively over that over-hyped Lewis character who can't seem to catch fly balls?? did you see him on sunday? LOL thats the Giants farm system and all the "great" position players they've groomed.

GHGHCP
07-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Well this thread is quickly turning into a fight between Dodger fans, division rivals and clueless outsiders so I'll post this.

The Dodgers are playing the best baseball in their division.
The Dodgers has the easiest remaining schedule in their division.
It isn't out of the question that they will win the division OR that they can go deep with their pitching.

robbylewis
07-08-2008, 06:33 PM
The NL West should not even be affiliated with the MLB. College teams could beat teams like the Dodgers, Giants, and Rockies who all happen to be below .500. It will barely take the winner of the NL West any more then 85 Games to solidify a seat in the playoffs. At this rate the Cubs, Phillies, and even possibly the Cardinals would kill the Dodgers. The Dodgers have a bunch of big names with low averages. The front office pays big bucks to get somewhere above a .200 batting average while they play, but spend the other half of the season in bed because they are injured. There is no way that Andrew Jones, Nomar, Furcal, and, oh yeah the dodgers have Jason Schmitt, could take them to the promise land! When was the last time Schmitt pitched? The Dodgers will not make it past the first round and that’s even if they can make it.

Robby Lewis
Sportsfly.com

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 06:57 PM

You meen if Zito didnt make your dodgers look like a Little Leauge team you would have swept. We'll see whos contending or not come September. I dont expect the Giants to contend, but I know the dodgers want. All you dodger fans need to realize, something. The D-backs are playing their worse baseball right now, once they heat up, and they will, they will leave the dodger 10 games out of first battleing for second place with the Giants. Yeah the Giants that went even supose to make it out of the divison cellar.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey smart guy what injuries?? Nomar? he is back? Jones?? they have shown they can with without him! Schmidt?? he has never been healthy! Pierre?? Ethier......well you saw what Ethier can do when getting a chance to play everyday this last weekend to your weak Giants......Furcal hurts but were so talented with young players we should be fine (best pitching in N.L) don't need a lot of hitting (D-backs proved that last year) especially in the medicore West....You should change your name From Cain=Future to Lincecum=Future.....Cain is nice but not a frontline ace.

Im talking about the injury to the most important player on the dodgers. Rafael Furcal. With out him the dodgers offense is the worst in the leauge. Btw, there already is a lincecum=future. And Cain may not be a frontline ace right now, but he will be.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Cubs swept you @ Wrigley and split a 4-gamer in Chavez. I'm not concerned.

You shouldnt be.

Vegasguy80
07-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Wow, that is a lot of hope from a Dodgers fan but I like to see it. I watch the Dodgers AAA team all the time so I get to see many of the players that are rehabbing. Not sure if they are powerful enough to make a deep run in the playoffs. Right now they are lucky to be tied for 1st place. The wild card will probably be from the central so they will need to win the division out right!

Vegasguy80
07-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Im talking about the injury to the most important player on the dodgers. Rafael Furcal. With out him the dodgers offense is the worst in the leauge. Btw, there already is a lincecum=future. And Cain may not be a frontline ace right now, but he will be.

Don't start arguing about the Giant's pitchers! They are nothing without a lineup around them. I like both pitchers but don't brag about them.

And to say Furcal is the biggest piece to the Dodgers lineup is nuts.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Don't start arguing about the Giant's pitchers! They are nothing without a lineup around them. I like both pitchers but don't brag about them.

And to say Furcal is the biggest piece to the Dodgers lineup is nuts.

How? He was their cataylst. He made stuff happen.

nme
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
You meen if Zito didnt make your dodgers look like a Little Leauge team you would have swept. We'll see whos contending or not come September. I dont expect the Giants to contend, but I know the dodgers want. All you dodger fans need to realize, something. The D-backs are playing their worse baseball right now, once they heat up, and they will, they will leave the dodger 10 games out of first battleing for second place with the Giants. Yeah the Giants that went even supose to make it out of the divison cellar.

Dude, the D-Backs have been playing their worst ball since the end of April. At this point, them playing lights out is more of an aberration than them stinking the joint up.

We still have a ton of ball left to play. Not much of a point in arguing this all right now. But, as we tied the division lead last night, I don't quite understand how so many people can count out the Dodgers, let alone any team. I understand rivalry and homerism (both of which there has been much of on this thread), but really the only team I see totally out of down and out for the count in the NLW is the Madres.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Dude, the D-Backs have been playing their worst ball since the end of April. At this point, them playing lights out is more of an aberration than them stinking the joint up.

We still have a ton of ball left to play. Not much of a point in arguing this all right now. But, as we tied the division lead last night, I don't quite understand how so many people can count out the Dodgers, let alone any team. I understand rivalry and homerism (both of which there has been much of on this thread), but really the only team I see totally out of down and out for the count in the NLW is the Madres.

The D-backs had the best record in baseball on May 20. Since then they have been playing there worse ball. Sure the dodgers can make the playoffs, but making it past the first round would be EXTREMELY unlikely, as they would probabaly play the Cubs. With the aquiring of Rich Harden the Cubs are going to be a very, very good playoff team.

I guess we can agree that the Padres are the only team that has no chance in the West.

Cadarn
07-09-2008, 12:38 AM
I guess we can agree that the Padres are the only team that has no chance in the West.

Swish-Cab-Ob
07-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Yes, with what offense?

zambo4president
07-09-2008, 05:43 AM
the diamondbacks are too talented to loose that ****ty division. there playin bad right now but in the end i think the dbaggs will win it, and the dodgers wont win the wild card it will be the cardinals IMO

IBleedBlue15
07-09-2008, 06:26 AM
dodgers offense:

Give it a rest dude. Don't you ever get tired of people bagging on the Giants. The Giants suck, and it will be great for everyone on PSD if you dbag Giant fans get that through your heads. You guys won't even be good when Zito and Rowand leave. As for this forum, there is no way the Dodgers get into the World Series. Making the playoffs, we have a great chance. If we could ever get a bat that hits 40 home-runs, then it's a different story. But you know that's not going to happen. For us to even do decent in the playoffs, our offense would need to imporve and our pitching needs to stay solid. This forum is totally biased.

Oh, and Cain=Furture? I guess your future isn't going to be very bright. What was he? Like 4-16 last year? Seriously, has he ever had a season were he's gone over 500?

IBleedBlue15
07-09-2008, 06:35 AM
the diamondbacks are too talented to loose that ****ty division. there playin bad right now but in the end i think the dbaggs will win it, and the dodgers wont win the wild card it will be the cardinals IMO

I just can't see the D-Backs turning thier season around. The young guys are getting figured out, and the D-Backs defense is terrible. No offensive hitter on the D-Backs has done well since the end of April. The outfielders on the D-Backs are horrible. The only things that could possibly hold that team together is Webb and Haren. You never know though because of the way the D-Backs are playing.

zambo4president
07-09-2008, 07:33 AM
I just can't see the D-Backs turning thier season around. The young guys are getting figured out, and the D-Backs defense is terrible. No offensive hitter on the D-Backs has done well since the end of April. The outfielders on the D-Backs are horrible. The only things that could possibly hold that team together is Webb and Haren. You never know though because of the way the D-Backs are playing.

yeah i hear you there.
but they have 2 aces on their staff and thats what i think sets them ahead of the rest of the NL west. it will be interesting 2 see though

CAIN=FUTURE
07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Give it a rest dude. Don't you ever get tired of people bagging on the Giants. The Giants suck, and it will be great for everyone on PSD if you dbag Giant fans get that through your heads. You guys won't even be good when Zito and Rowand leave. As for this forum, there is no way the Dodgers get into the World Series. Making the playoffs, we have a great chance. If we could ever get a bat that hits 40 home-runs, then it's a different story. But you know that's not going to happen. For us to even do decent in the playoffs, our offense would need to imporve and our pitching needs to stay solid. This forum is totally biased.

Oh, and Cain=Furture? I guess your future isn't going to be very bright. What was he? Like 4-16 last year? Seriously, has he ever had a season were he's gone over 500?

I know the Giants suck. And if you judge how good a pitcher off their record then, God have mercy on your soul. Because as we all know W-L for a pitcher is the worse way to judge their talent.

Btw, you dont bleed blue. If you want to test it I would be glad to help, just saying.

dodgerdave
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
We all know what the Cardinals did a couple of years ago with that 83-79 record, so anything is possible. But I do agree that that's it's to premature to think about how deeply we go into the postseason, if we do make it. We need to take care of our own business in the standings right now and focus solely on that right now.

grizz8884
07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Wow, that is a lot of hope from a Dodgers fan but I like to see it. I watch the Dodgers AAA team all the time so I get to see many of the players that are rehabbing. Not sure if they are powerful enough to make a deep run in the playoffs. Right now they are lucky to be tied for 1st place. The wild card will probably be from the central so they will need to win the division out right!

RRREEEEEBBBBBEEEEELLLLLLLLSSSSS!

Sorry, had to do it:D

Jimi032890
07-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Now I am a Dodgers fan, but I am not claiming the Dodgers will win the world series. I am though asserting that they will make a very deep run into the playoffs and quite possibly into the World Series which is my hope. I think a lot of people are sleeping on them due to the fact they are in the weak NL West and as I write are not even in playoff position. But unlike seasons of the past, everything is in place for them to make a deep run. There is a plethora of pitching that I really feel can match up with any rotation/bullpen in the NL and even the bigs. Billingsley, Kuroda, Park, and Stults all have ERA'S under 3 or close to it and Lowe is something like 4.05 and that is your current starting rotation. Plus in years past where we might have needed to make a trade to bolster the rotation, having Penny and Schmidt come back essentially serves as a trade given that neither has contributed nor will really be counted on for much barring any injury. Throw in Kuo and Kershaw and you have 9 pitchers with significant big league experience excluding Kershaw who can go out and give you 6+ on any given night.

Then you have the bullpen. For starters it is safe to assume that Park, or Stults will possibly be headed to the bullpen sometime soon throwing another high quality arm in the mix with solid numbers. Factor in Kuo for possible 6th inning work or long relief with his ERA below 2, Beimel in the 7th with his 1.38 ERA, power setup man Broxton for the 8th and lights out Saito as your closer and you have the game taken care of! Honestly, after the all star break, people will be taking notice that this is the best pitching staff in baseball!

Now with the offense, which some may argue as the stumbling block to any significant run. Yes, we have at times struggled scoring runs. But. . . . . .the kids who aren't really kids anymore are coming around. Ethier is showing he deserves to play everyday, Kemp although prone to the strikeout is fitting in nicely in the leadoff spot, with power and speed (18 SB, 283 avg.) and the strikeouts will improve. And DeWitt at third although is a work in progress is hitting with decent power and a respectable batting average. Kent is catching fire at 2nd and even playing some solid defense (anybody that called for him to retire was just stupid, what would you have liked to see Maza at 2nd everyday?), Martin, well he's the best catcher in the National League or 2nd if your a Cubs fan. Nomar is key, but in the few games he's been back he has looked good with the bat and in the field. And with Jones being back, we can hate on the contract as much as we want but he is on the team, and even given the horrid first game back, I think promise is there and if he sucks? Juan P. is on his way back. I do not expect Jones to put up numbers of two years ago but I do expect he will hit some jacks and drive some runs in. And remember one thing. . . . . . . . .Furcal will be back in eight weeks. . . . . just in time for a playoff run. Also remember, with the pitching we have, we do not need to score 5 or 6 runs every night, as has shown to be the case in recent games, but with the lineup we have and the way we have been hitting it is not out of the question.

As much as people have said we would probably be in the same position now compared to if Grady were coaching the team, they are probably right, but Joe would not have come to Los Angeles if he did not feel we were capable of winning. Joe is a winner, Grady (nice guy) is not. This team has what it takes to win it all.

GO DODGERS!!!!!!

the dodgers havnt won a series all year against a team with a winning record. They may make the playoffs cuz the NL West is so frickin pathetic, but they will prolly end up gettin swept by the Cubs in the NLDS.

GHGHCP
07-09-2008, 02:06 PM
the dodgers havnt won a series all year against a team with a winning record. They may make the playoffs cuz the NL West is so frickin pathetic, but they will prolly end up gettin swept by the Cubs in the NLDS.

Did you pull that fact out of your @$$ as that is 100% false.

blams
07-09-2008, 02:14 PM
yeah...dodgers arent getting past the cubs

TheBatchelor213
07-09-2008, 03:50 PM
blah blah blah, I have made my point which I feel validates my claim of a strong playoff run for the Dodgers, If I had to pick I say we will win the world series, if I am wrong, I will have a lot of pie on my face. Either way.

GO DODGERS!!!!!

grizz8884
07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
blah blah blah, I have made my point which I feel validates my claim of a strong playoff run for the Dodgers, If I had to pick I say we will win the world series, if I am wrong, I will have a lot of pie on my face. Either way.

GO DODGERS!!!!!

Good. Can we close this thread now!?!?!?!

The 6-4-3
07-09-2008, 04:21 PM
hahaha, wtf! dodgers aint going no where this season.

theyll make the playoffs but deep NO

im just hoping for a W in tha playoffs NO SWEEPS

WS ya right

CAIN=FUTURE
07-09-2008, 05:11 PM

GO DODGERS!!!!!

do you want to bet on it?

JDIsMyGod23
07-09-2008, 05:23 PM
You still have to hit live pitching in the playoffs last time I checked correct?

TheBatchelor213
07-09-2008, 07:06 PM
do you want to bet on it?

I would bet anybody the Dodgers make the playoffs, but as for anything else such as division series appearances, winning the NL or the World Series, it would not make sense to make side bets given the nature of the current odds in Vegas, not even referring to money necessarily, I would never get equal value in any such payout betting with somebody on the side compared to making a play in Vegas or at an online book.

1-800-STFU
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I would bet anybody the Dodgers make the playoffs, but as for anything else such as division series appearances, winning the NL or the World Series, it would not make sense to make side bets given the nature of the current odds in Vegas, not even referring to money necessarily, I would never get equal value in any such payout betting with somebody on the side compared to making a play in Vegas or at an online book.

Myspace sucks. :(

The A Team
07-09-2008, 08:41 PM
http://myspaceisgay.com/

^^Couldn't agree more.

1-800-STFU
07-09-2008, 09:47 PM
http://myspaceisgay.com/

^^Couldn't agree more.

LOL good find.

Jimi032890
07-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Did you pull that fact out of your @$$ as that is 100% false.

hey dont be a jerk. i heard that info on espn first take. and i just checked and it is, in fact, wrong so just chill out, dont go nuts on me.

but that still doesnt get rid of the fact that the dodgers suck. 2 games under sucks, im sorry. and theyre in the weakest division in baseball.

I think Fresno State is gunna win the NL West.:p

CAIN=FUTURE
07-09-2008, 10:53 PM

I thought you were super sure they were gonna win it all.

GHGHCP
07-09-2008, 11:09 PM
hey dont be a jerk. i heard that info on espn first take. and i just checked and it is, in fact, wrong so just chill out, dont go nuts on me.

but that still doesnt get rid of the fact that the dodgers suck. 2 games under sucks, im sorry. and theyre in the weakest division in baseball.

I think Fresno State is gunna win the NL West.:p

Calling out your blatant idiocy is hardly going nuts, I do that all the time to Giant fans and they don't cry about it.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Calling out your blatant idiocy is hardly going nuts, I do that all the time to Giant fans and they don't cry about it.

I do. :cry::cry::cry: Im a very emotianl person.

GHGHCP
07-09-2008, 11:23 PM
I do. :cry::cry::cry: Im a very emotianl person.

Before you did and went into one of your nerd rage ban me now rants. Now you just know I'm messing with you.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-09-2008, 11:26 PM
Before you did and went into one of your nerd rage ban me now rants. Now you just know I'm messing with you.

:confused:

TheBatchelor213
07-09-2008, 11:31 PM
I thought you were super sure they were gonna win it all.

I will take my chances with the Vegas odds, I don't want to take the money you have saved up for your authentic Fred Lewis jersey.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-09-2008, 11:46 PM
I will take my chances with the Vegas odds, I don't want to take the money you have saved up for your authentic Fred Lewis jersey.

Why would we bet money on PSD? Im talking ban type, or sig bets.

TheBatchelor213
07-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Why would we bet money on PSD? Im talking ban type, or sig bets.

What do you have in mind?

Jimi032890
07-10-2008, 12:55 AM

ok. im terribly sorry. please forgive me. The next time i even think about giving out a stat, ill think of you.

and i believe telling someone to not be a jerk isnt crying but w/e.

GHGHCP
07-10-2008, 01:20 AM
ok. im terribly sorry. please forgive me. The next time i even think about giving out a stat, ill think of you.

and i believe telling someone to not be a jerk isnt crying but w/e.

Spare me the cutesy sarcasm, you said something stupid and was called out on it, simple as that. I'm honestly more concerned that you get your "sports info" from First Take then your false comment.

Jimi032890
07-10-2008, 02:12 AM
Spare me the cutesy sarcasm, you said something stupid and was called out on it, simple as that. I'm honestly more concerned that you get your "sports info" from First Take then your false comment.

it was just one little piece of information. i dont watch that show too often. bayless is way too annoying. well w/e. off to a bad start man. i figured when the lady on the show said that LA hasnt won a series all season long against a team with a winning record, it sounded like she was serious, mustve been an exaggeration. SORRY. i dont pay much attention to the NL West anyway, at least not enough to know exacty how many series the dodgers have won against teams with winning records.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-10-2008, 02:15 AM
What do you have in mind?

Idk, how serious are you. If you have extreme confidnce in them making the playoffs id say a 2 week ban and you have to sport a Giants sig or something. Idk, just a idea.

TheBatchelor213
07-10-2008, 03:01 AM
That works for me and I will assume the same applies for you just reversed?

IBleedBlue15
07-10-2008, 07:20 AM
I know the Giants suck. And if you judge how good a pitcher off their record then, God have mercy on your soul. Because as we all know W-L for a pitcher is the worse way to judge their talent.

Btw, you dont bleed blue. If you want to test it I would be glad to help, just saying.

I got my blood tested last month. I really do bleed blue. If you think my blood bleeds red, then your wrong. It would if I were a Red Sox fan... but I'm not. I know not to judge a pitcher by his record, but when your giving up five earned runs to the Dodgers, (Who you make it sound like they have the worst offense in baseball) well then you must not be very good, just saying.

YankeeFan28
07-10-2008, 10:23 AM
This thread was about the Dodgers. Why do Giants fans feel the need to push the Giants into every conversation?

Cub_StuckinSTL
07-10-2008, 10:24 AM
This thread was about the Dodgers. Why do Giants fans feel the need to push the Giants into every conversation?

If you're a giants fan what else do you have to do but talk **** to better teams?

Tragedy
07-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Tim Lincecum.

/Thread.

CAIN=FUTURE
07-10-2008, 12:35 PM

This is about the dodgers making the playoffs right? The Giants and dodgers are in the same divison right? So it has to do with the Giants just like it has to do with the other teams in the NL West.

YankeeFan28
07-10-2008, 03:08 PM
This is about the dodgers making the playoffs right? The Giants and dodgers are in the same divison right? So it has to do with the Giants just like it has to do with the other teams in the NL West.

You don't see fans of other teams constantly bringing up their teams in discussions based on an inferiority complex.

The Giants will not make the playoffs, and the Dodgers, all though haven't been great all season, still have potential and aspirations for the playoffs. But leave it to some Giants fans to not be objective and put down the Dodgers while bringing in the Giants into the discussion.

McJoe
07-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Tim Lincecum.

/Thread.

Tim Lincecum X infinity plus 1 :D

the Giants arent anywhere near the division lead and shouldnt be in any conversations about the playoffs unless they are the 2010 playoffs MAYBE

i dont think the Dodgers can get out of the division and the Wildcard now looks like itll be in the central...theyll have to do something quick to get maybe another starter, a power bat, and a SS if they want the division

dodgers07champs
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
No way in hell do we reach the World Series..I would love it, but sometimes you have to be realistic(unlike my SN). I see us winning the West if we can stay healthy, and continue to pitch well..but, I can't see us upsetting the Cubs or the Brewers if we pass the Phillies record wise. We can match up with anytime pitching wise, but our hitting will do us in, in the end. Hopefully I am dead wrong..

TheBatchelor213
07-10-2008, 04:37 PM
No way in hell do we reach the World Series..I would love it, but sometimes you have to be realistic(unlike my SN). I see us winning the West if we can stay healthy, and continue to pitch well..but, I can't see us upsetting the Cubs or the Brewers if we pass the Phillies record wise. We can match up with anytime pitching wise, but our hitting will do us in, in the end. Hopefully I am dead wrong..

Come on man, once your in the playoffs you have a 1 and 8 chance to get in, and you know anything is possible! Just tell yourself we got this.

GO DODGERS!!!!

mortgageman
07-10-2008, 05:46 PM
dude whatever it is your smoking please send me some

mortgageman
07-10-2008, 05:49 PM
although Vin Scully still rules

CarniifeX
07-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Come on man, once your in the playoffs you have a 1 and 8 chance to get in, and you know anything is possible! Just tell yourself we got this.

GO DODGERS!!!!

Maybe Mattingly will do something with Andruw Jones and everyone else, turn them the right way. And is Matt Kemp overrated?

nme
07-10-2008, 06:52 PM
although Vin Scully still rules

Yes he does.

Really, I'd love to see the Dodgers do something special soon (like, this season or next) because Vinny is getting up there and I don't know how much longer he's gonna be calling them for us. **** the gipper...win one for Vinny!

nme
07-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Maybe Mattingly will do something with Andruw Jones and everyone else, turn them the right way. And is Matt Kemp overrated?

No, just young and impatient at the plate. If he doesn't figure out how to take the slider low and away in the next year, then yes he will be overrated. Otherwise, he's still got time. Something most non-Dodger fans don't realize: Kemp didn't start playing baseball until his senior year of HS. He's 23 now. That's 6 years of experience and he's in the bigs. I'm willing to give him some leeway.

rriders9
07-11-2008, 12:23 AM
If penny and jason come back healthy, they can make the playoffs since they're in the NL West. and anything is possible in the playoffs. However... I don't see it

TheBatchelor213
07-11-2008, 03:02 AM
If penny and jason come back healthy, they can make the playoffs since they're in the NL West. and anything is possible in the playoffs. However... I don't see it

but you admit anything is possible, something many here do not seem to acknowledge. I mean, look at the Rockies last season, bet many people did not have them in the w.s.

fishfan79
07-11-2008, 09:45 AM
if the dodgers play hanley ramirez nightly they wont be making the playoffs.
God he murders you guys out there not sure why.

Oh wells I love being able to watch your talent play :)

CAIN=FUTURE
07-11-2008, 12:30 PM

There is no garuntee that Schmit comes back the same pitcher he was before. I doubt he can, he use to be lights out.

TheBatchelor213
07-11-2008, 06:01 PM
If even just Brad or Jason comes back and contributes, that in and of itself will greatly enhance our chances of a very deep run.

L-MiLLZ44
07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
If even just Brad or Jason comes back and contributes, that in and of itself will greatly enhance our chances of a very deep run.

first you got to get over .500

FriarFanatic
07-11-2008, 07:17 PM
you guys got a legit shot to make it

TheBatchelor213
07-12-2008, 04:07 AM
you guys got a legit shot to make it

thank you!