07-06-2008, 07:59 PM
brent barry, james posey, corey maggette,mickael pietrus-most talked about

devin brown- penetrates good, decent on ball defender

jarvis hayes- proven can score if given min

juan dixon- proven can score if given min

brian skinner-decent rebounder, inside prescence

dorell or antione wright- young talented players

kareem rush- good 3 shot, good ball handler

fred jones- scorer, great dunker(fans excited)

keyon dooling-great ball handler, scorer

gordan giricek- great shooter

finley- proven vet

kurt thomas- proven vet

ryan bowen- great shooter, ball handler

Tell me what u guys think
ps jk about ryan bowen
if you dont like the thread go on another and argue about tmac and yao

{}
07-06-2008, 08:09 PM

devin brown- penetrates good, decent on ball defender

jarvis hayes- proven can score if given min

juan dixon- proven can score if given min

brian skinner-decent rebounder, inside prescence

dorell or antione wright- young talented players

kareem rush- good 3 shot, good ball handler

fred jones- scorer, great dunker(fans excited)

keyon dooling-great ball handler, scorer

gordan giricek- great shooter

finley- proven vet

kurt thomas- proven vet

ryan bowen- great shooter, ball handler

The name that jumps out at me is Ryan Bowen. The Rockets need a great shooter and ball handler on the perimeter, plus you forgot to mention his solid defense. I'm thinking the full MLE at 5yrs might be enough persuade Bowen to come back to Houston. Cross your fingers.

I went ahead and sent Morey a petition with everyone SN's here, begging him to use the MLE on Bowen. No need to thank me. I know everyone here shares my opinion of him being the missing piece.

BTW, were you joking about Brown and Skinner as well?

DontNOMuch
07-06-2008, 08:12 PM
The name that jumps out at me is Ryan Bowen. The Rockets need a great shooter and ball handler on the perimeter, plus you forgot to mention his solid defense. I'm thinking the full MLE at 5yrs might be enough persuade Bowen to come back to Houston. Cross your fingers.

I went ahead and sent Morey a petition with everyone SN's here, begging him to use the MLE on Bowen. No need to thank me. I know everyone here shares my opinion of him being the missing piece.

BTW, were you joking about Brown and Skinner as well?

lol

stevefrancis
07-06-2008, 08:20 PM
ryan bowen a ball handler and jump shooter? when he was in houston teams let him shoot that open shot and he didn't hit them that often. He's a good defender thats about it.

Ballah0liC1
07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
ryan bowen a ball handler and jump shooter? when he was in houston teams let him shoot that open shot and he didn't hit them that often. He's a good defender thats about it.

yeah you should read the whole thing and not look stupid

val_modus
07-06-2008, 09:13 PM
hahahaha^

stevefrancis
07-06-2008, 09:27 PM
its not my fault houston hasn't gotten pass the first round =]

JordansBulls
07-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Maggette would be ideal because he gives you that 3rd option.

TMAC94
07-06-2008, 11:02 PM
james posey corey maggette mickael pietrus would be my top 3 can we get any of them? and if monta ellis doesnt wanna sign back with GS should we look at him?

jdillion
07-07-2008, 12:44 AM
the players i like the most are jarvis hayes an james posey along with kurt thomas all players with playoff experience

FOBolous
07-07-2008, 12:57 AM
i like mickael pietrus and brent barry...Rush wouldn't be bad either. not james posey tho cause Battier and Posey are kinda alike...

TMAC94
07-07-2008, 06:01 AM
how about Jannero Pargo, Bonzi Wells, Sebastian Telfair, Tony Allen, Eddie House or what if monta ellis or delonte west dont sign back with thier teams?

dchalphen
07-07-2008, 09:44 AM
No chance for Ellis, he wants 10+ mill a year. Posey will sign for the full MLE somewhere so we don't have a chance. Forget about Maggette. Pietrus and Barry are the more realistic players at this point but we would have to convince them to take half or even less than half of the MLE so we can resign Landry.

mightybosstone
07-07-2008, 09:50 AM
how about Jannero Pargo, Bonzi Wells, Sebastian Telfair, Tony Allen, Eddie House or what if monta ellis or delonte west dont sign back with thier teams?

I LOVE Ellis, but I don't think he's a possibility. Pargo, House, and West I kind of like and might be worth talking to. The only problem I see with them is that they're all PGs and our first priority should be signing backups at SG and SF. If they could sign someone decent at those positions AND then find a way to move Jackson to make room for one of those guys, than I'm all for it. I don't want to see Wells come back here... he was just one big disappointment after another.

Jay22Redd
07-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I like Barry and Pietrus

Thats a good backup for the 2 and 3 spot

Rhyming Rebel
07-07-2008, 12:48 PM

devin brown- penetrates good, decent on ball defender Please dont get him

jarvis hayes- proven can score if given min I wouldn't mind

juan dixon- proven can score if given min another Luther Head

brian skinner-decent rebounder, inside prescence Complete opposite

dorell or antione wright- young talented players also unproven Gerald Green would have been better

kareem rush- good 3 shot, good ball handler If we cant get any1 else

fred jones- scorer, great dunker(fans excited) 6'1

keyon dooling-great ball handler, scorer Sigh

gordan giricek- great shooter Im not interested

finley- proven vet Born in B.C.

kurt thomas- proven vet wouldn't mind

ryan bowen- great shooter, ball handler Lol

ps jk about ryan bowen
if you dont like the thread go on another and argue about tmac and yao

IIf this is all free agency has to offer, lets just make some trades or something

HouRealCoach
07-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Only player I would take is Corey Maggette

Tmac to da rack
07-07-2008, 02:38 PM
from that list I want kurt Thomas, Finley, Brent Barry and Kareem Rush, all those players will help our bench out big time.

mightybosstone
07-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Only player I would take is Corey Maggette

Brent Barry? James Posey? Michael Pietrus? Do you only want players that are unattainable or do you have actual realistic goals for this team?

bbinthepark
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I like Barry as a temporary solution. Since Greene is a combo forward rather than a swing 2/3, we'll still need to find a true SG or a big combo gaurd to reduce tMac's minutes in the future. I think there'll be some trade opportunities that arise, could be soon or just before the trade deadline, to acquire a SG.

.... dreams of Mike Dunleavy in red and white keep passing through my head.

Ballah0liC1
07-07-2008, 04:30 PM
lmaooooooooooo ryan bowen a shooter and great ball handler? Get the ***** outta here, more like Great Hustler Type of player, from that list I want kurt Thomas, Finley, Brent Barry and Kareem Rush, all those players will help our bench out big time.

as i said before read the whole thing and dont look stupid

DreamShaker
07-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Absolutely Bfrent Barry and Pietrus....Barry is a champion, a great shooter, can play 3 positions, and knows his role and how to get it done....Pietrus is athletic and a solid defender....which is exactly what Houston needs....Greene is a wild card as are all rookies drafted after the lottery....so you can't depend on him to be the full-time backup at the swing positions....also another big would be nice....trade Head and Jackson for a bnackup 5....

Renovator
07-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Magic is set to sign Pietrus. They might release Dooling and Bogans. I say we go and try get at least one of them.

Rhyming Rebel
07-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Magic is set to sign Pietrus. They might release Dooling and Bogans. I say we go and try get at least one of them.

We already had Bogans and what do we need Dooling for?

TMAC94
07-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Pietrus and Maggette are gone.

Renovator
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
We already had Bogans and what do we need Dooling for?

Bogans is a good defender, has size, he can shhot as well. Will be a definite upgrade over Head.

Doolings plays a bit like BJ, shoot 1st PG. He would be a definite upgrade over BJ.