PDA

View Full Version : And so we need a real point guard.....

H.E.A.T.E.D
07-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Plain and simple! we need a proven point guard that can help run the Heat offense along with Wade, and take some of load of his shoulders. Its what Wade is asking for and what the Heat needs. So i've compiled a list of point guards thats i think will make a definite impact, and are accessible in the market via trade or free agency. I honestly will love to have Heinrich. (but thats just me). But he's young and we'll have the crucial point guard spot taken care of for years.

1. Kirk Heinrich
2. R. Felton
3. C. Arroyo
4. S. Telfair

(in no particular order except for Heinrich)

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Okay switch you order. I like:

1. R. Felton
2. S. Telfair
3. Hinrich
20. Arroyo

Let me say that, Wade wants a playmaker. I think Telfair and Felton give him that. The bottom two do not really offer much playmaking ability. Felton and Telfair can really really take the pressure off of Wade. However, with that in mind, barring something huge, Telfair is the best option. I don't see how we would land Felton. The reason the Bobcats drafted Augustine was for back up purposes, not because they want to trade him. Sorry. Keep posting some more stuff though.

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 06:57 PM
By the way, I respect Marbury as an option. However, we don't have the money. He can sign with some other club with the MLE and be in a better chance to win a championship. Like many of you have said, he is "damaged goods". With all the rumors swirling around Riley not liking Beasley for his attitude, there is no way that Riley would even think of bringing in Marbury.

THE MTL
07-06-2008, 07:02 PM
By the way, I respect Marbury as an option. However, we don't have the money. He can sign with some other club with the MLE and be in a better chance to win a championship. Like many of you have said, he is "damaged goods". With all the rumors swirling around Riley not liking Beasley for his attitude, there is no way that Riley would even think of bringing in Marbury.

Marbury will probably take mid-level from Miami. If you guys can get a decent center you are contenders again.

Marbury
Wade
Marion
Beasley
???

Btw, if the Heat get Marbury. Miami will be my second favorite team along with Hornets.

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Can you honestly see Marbury taking any kind of pay cut? Does he care enough?

daleja424
07-06-2008, 07:05 PM
he has too. he will get 10+ mil from NY in the buyout and be a FA. With no one having much money to spend he will have to take the MLE from someone. At least Miami can offer him a starting job...

_Sn1P3r_
07-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Can you honestly see Marbury taking any kind of pay cut? Does he care enough?

He better care if he wants to be on another NBA team again.

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I see your point, but there are three teams that can offer a little bit more than the MLE.

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Philly, Memphis, Golden State. GS, Atlanta. GS seems like a real option for him. Think about it. They'll probably lose Brand; possibly land Maggette. If Marbury is released, they need a solid PG. Bam! Give him a little bit more than we can offer (like half of the MLE) and he would sign with them.

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Also any team looking for a point guard and can fill it the MLE will do it. We need two pieces

daleja424
07-06-2008, 07:10 PM
I see your point, but there are three teams that can offer a little bit more than the MLE.

1. Philly- has a starter
2. memphis- already have 4 PG's
3. GS- not going to spend cap space on Steph with all the RFA's floating around...

daleja424
07-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Also any team looking for a point guard and can fill it the MLE will do it. We need two pieces

not if Riles can S/T for a center to trade haslem or someone...

H.E.A.T.E.D
07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Okay switch you order. I like:

1. R. Felton
2. S. Telfair
3. Hinrich
20. Arroyo

Let me say that, Wade wants a playmaker. I think Telfair and Felton give him that. The bottom two do not really offer much playmaking ability. Felton and Telfair can really really take the pressure off of Wade. However, with that in mind, barring something huge, Telfair is the best option. I don't see how we would land Felton. The reason the Bobcats drafted Augustine was for back up purposes, not because they want to trade him. Sorry. Keep posting some more stuff though.

OK, Wade wants someone who can HELP take the load of his shoulders, some one who can make plays, but not another star playmaker...someone that can actually shoot the ball well consistently for a change in the Heat. Sounds like Hinrich. Hinrich has the best career stats compared to everyone else you mentioned. Look it up.

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Man Hinrich isnt the Answer bro, Because we need money for the 2010 free agent class, and with Hinrich and his 10 million a year in are Pockets, what do you expect to sign with that. We sign Marbury to a 1-2 year deal for 5-6 million a year. And we sign K.brown and were set.

PG Marbury/Banks or Mario
SG Wade/Cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/haslem
C K.Brown/Zo

OR we just trade Haslem for a Center. Someone Like NENE or something that would be nasty
PG Marbury
SG Wade
SF Marion
PF Beasley
C NENE

WOOOO championship.

kntresistheheat
07-07-2008, 12:39 AM
I dont know about championship? PLAOFFS!

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 12:45 AM
I dont know about championship? PLAOFFS!

WTF LOOK AT THIS LINE UP

SG Wade/cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Joel
C Nene/Zo

OMG compare this lineup to any other Lineup in this league.
Im pretty sure that with the Winners that we have, Marbury can Be the Perfect, PG. Besides he wants to win a Championship. Only people that dont Agree is Lazybone and Jack. WHY?????

LayZbone
07-07-2008, 01:12 AM
WTF LOOK AT THIS LINE UP

SG Wade/cook
SF Marion/Wright
PF Beasley/Joel
C Nene/Zo

OMG compare this lineup to any other Lineup in this league.
Im pretty sure that with the Winners that we have, Marbury can Be the Perfect, PG. Besides he wants to win a Championship. Only people that dont Agree is Lazybone and Jack. WHY?????

I explained why in the other thread.

Diehardheatfan
07-07-2008, 02:57 AM
Lets trade haslem for mo and call it a day