PDA

View Full Version : something to think about

cabrera_logic
07-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I know it sounds krazy, but once marbury gets bought out, i think the suns wouldn't have nothing 2 lose if they sign him (Cheap contract). They would get a solid backup, and a decent starter if they wanna rest nash for a couple of games. The same goes with tinsley. How much trouble can they bring to the team?

Marbury 07-08
6-2 Guard
13.9 ppg 4.7 apg 0.419 fg% 0.378 3pg% 0.716 ft%

Tinsley 07-08
6-3 Guard
11.9 ppg 8.4 apg 0.380 fg% .284 3pg% 0.720 ft%

phoenix4ever
07-06-2008, 02:28 PM
for me it doesn't sound crazy cause I was thinking the same thing about those 2 players.marbury or tinsley have to put problems behind them and focus more on the team which gonna pay them.

PhxGiant
07-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Tinsley was tearing the league up before he got injured last season, it would be interesting to see if he is willing to accept a backup role.I think if you pitch to Marbury that this could be his last shot to not only win a playoff series, but win a championship we could see a better more focused Steph, its amazing what winning can do to a player. With that being said i'd only take him if I was positive the team and winning are the only things on his mind, and if it came at a low cost.

Jeff Boyd
07-06-2008, 04:24 PM
good idea for both of them

STAT32
07-06-2008, 04:40 PM
I would only sign them for a small contract which I doubt Tinsley would accept, and Marbury would never want to come back to Phoenix.

king4day
07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
I would only sign them for a small contract which I doubt Tinsley would accept, and Marbury would never want to come back to Phoenix.

Since both would be geting bought out, both would take a contract for the remainder of the season.
I've yet to see a player be bought out and then sign a long term deal elsewhere.

I'd prefer Tinsley since he mite last beyond this year. I believe Marbury is still going to Italy to promote his shoes that don't last more than a few games befor falling apart.

STAT32
07-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Marbury and his massive ego would not sign a 1 year deal for the mle. No way in hell. Tinsley might sign a deal if it was for long term.

king4day
07-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Marbury and his massive ego would not sign a 1 year deal for the mle. No way in hell. Tinsley might sign a deal if it was for long term.

No one will give him the MLE.
I disagree tho. Just don't think if he's being bought out for 20-22 mil, he won't ask for more than the rest of the year. Ego or not, the guys bolting for international, so he's likely to make more overseas anyway,

Hustla23
07-06-2008, 07:03 PM
lol it's funny how you guys are talking about picking up marbury. Everyone on the knicks board hates his guts and wants him out as quick as possible. I actually think we should give him one more shot since it's his contract year but whatevs.

I don't think the Phoenix administration wants him again. They've already ran him outta town once.

king4day
07-06-2008, 08:36 PM
lol it's funny how you guys are talking about picking up marbury. Everyone on the knicks board hates his guts and wants him out as quick as possible. I actually think we should give him one more shot since it's his contract year but whatevs.

I don't think the Phoenix administration wants him again. They've already ran him outta town once.

THe only way we go after him if he is bought out is if we have no backup to nash still. The team and coaches (even owner) are all different now. A lot has changed since he was last here so I don't expect his past here to be an issue.
I see him going to a team like New Orleans or LA (Lakers)

chadillachembre
07-06-2008, 08:49 PM
i wouldnt want marbury. plus he has talked about playing overseas once his contract runs out. i wouldnt mind tinsley but its tough to trust a guy who is percieved to be a thug. for a small contract he is high reward and small penalty. if he acts like an idiot we can drop him

nashty13
07-07-2008, 11:17 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO MARBURY!!!!!!!! Guess you guys havent been fans since before the Nash era. Maybury is a poison in any capacity, even as a back up PG. He'll hog shots and cause problems in the locker room. C'mon if someone can piss off KG he has to be pretty bad. If we bring in Marbury, i'll boycott any game Nash sits out.
As for Tinsley, he's a good player, but completely unreliable. He sits out a lot of games a year, but i guess with your medical staff of magic he could be all right. I'd prefer just a 1-2 year contract so we can give Dragic his chance once he gets here.

theimortalone
07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO MARBURY!!!!!!!! Guess you guys havent been fans since before the Nash era. Maybury is a poison in any capacity, even as a back up PG. He'll hog shots and cause problems in the locker room. C'mon if someone can piss off KG he has to be pretty bad. If we bring in Marbury, i'll boycott any game Nash sits out.
As for Tinsley, he's a good player, but completely unreliable. He sits out a lot of games a year, but i guess with your medical staff of magic he could be all right. I'd prefer just a 1-2 year contract so we can give Dragic his chance once he gets here.

I totally agree with you 100% nashty Marbury would be a cancer here! He is a piece of ****. Marbury would ruin STAT. He would be a ball hog. He shouldnt be a PG IMO. Screw Starbury!!!

STAT32
07-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Wow, calm down guys. I agree with all of you who are saying Marbury is a bad apple. Once he left Phoenix 5 years ago, he really never was the same player. Keep Stephon out of town.

Indi23
07-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Marbury wouldn't be a good fit on this suns team, and tinsley wont even think about backing up. is there any way we can pull off a trade for mike Conley Jr. for barbosa?.. dont get mad its just a thought.
hey stat have you heard anything about tony allen and pheonix?..

theimortalone
07-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Damn Stat32 is our go to guy! lol You have all of the news brotha!!

Indi23
07-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Lol yeah id say he always knows the answer to a question, and the real STAT will explode next season.. plus i think he'll have matured after last seasons crucial call where he could have passed the ball to shaq but tryed jumping over kurt lol...

theimortalone
07-07-2008, 04:26 PM
Lol yeah id say he always knows the answer to a question, and the real STAT will explode next season.. plus i think he'll have matured after last seasons crucial call where he could have passed the ball to shaq but tryed jumping over kurt lol...

Hell yeah!!! I wouldnt be suprised if Amare scores 30 pts per game!

Indi23
07-07-2008, 04:38 PM
your right.. look at how he improved when shaq was on the floor and the suns were playing a slower game. and the thing is immortal he can drop 30 on any team doesn't matter who's guarding him..IMO he can drop 30 even if Kevin Garnett is guarding him .. all those kg fans i'm not changing my opinion because its true..

STAT32
07-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks for all the compliments guys.

No word on Tony Allen yet, but I wouldn't expect any for at least a couple of weeks. The good news is, is that no other teams have offered him a contract.

Amare will average huge numbers this season whether or not he's playing alongside Shaq or Lopez, as long as he is playing alongside a true defensive center.

STAT32
07-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh and Indie Stat had a monster game against KG the first time we met the Celtics this year. Completely frustrated Kevin.

Amare Stoudemire
43 Min
28 Pts
10-23 FG
8-10 FT
6 Reb/2 Off
1 Ast
3 Blk

Kevin Garnett
31 Min
19 Pts
8-17 FG
3-4 Ft
5 Reb/2 Off
4 Ast
2 Ste
1 Blk

Most impressive thing about Stat's game that night was his defense.

nashty13
07-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Marbury wouldn't be a good fit on this suns team, and tinsley wont even think about backing up. is there any way we can pull off a trade for mike Conley Jr. for barbosa?.. dont get mad its just a thought.
hey stat have you heard anything about tony allen and pheonix?..

As good as LB is, they're not gonna trade Conley. They just traded for Mayo to be the back court mate of the future with MC JR. So, unless they were positive they could convert either LB or Mayo to the point (which i dont think can happen) it wont happen.

Indi23
07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the replying guys.. stat and nashty..... yeah see the "defensive player of the year" doesnt stand a chance against Amare.. dont get me wrong kg is a good player... but im glad we never did the kg for amare trade...

STAT32
07-07-2008, 08:36 PM
I agree 100% KG is a player for "right now" and that's it. Amare is a "right now" player and will be a Superstar/MVP candidate for the next 7-8 years.

dodie53
07-08-2008, 07:41 AM
shaq will put thos two in their proper places

chadillachembre
07-08-2008, 01:16 PM
im a huge charector guy when it comes to sports and that is just as important as a players play on the court. weve all seen great teams crumble because of the players life styles. we have alot of egos and leaders on this team and bringing in players like marbury, darius miles, or tinsley would not be a wise decision

STAT32
07-08-2008, 01:28 PM
^^^ I agree with everyone you mentioned except Miles. I don't think he has a real big ego, I just think he's dumber than a bag of rocks.