PDA

View Full Version : Really Need A Center!

twissst89
07-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Off Season To Do List
1. Give Wade the point guard he wants.
2. Get a center.
3. Sign Dorrell Wright long term while his value is down.
4. Dump Blount and Banks contract.

Denver desperately needs a point guard and we desperately need a center. How bout

Miami
S&T J. Will

For

Denver
Steven Hunter

daleja424
07-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Off Season To Do List
1. Give Wade the point guard he wants.
2. Get a center.
3. Sign Dorrell Wright long term while his value is down.
4. Dump Blount and Banks contract.

Denver desperately needs a point guard and we desperately need a center. How bout

Miami
S&T J. Will

For

Denver
Steven Hunter

I really really like this. Hunter is just going to rot on the denver bench and I think he could give us at least Kendrick Perkins production next year. Look at his career. Outside of FT% he does everything else really well. One thing that really jumps out at me is that he averages 1.0 bpg in his career while only averaging 15 mpg in his career. This is the kinda crafty thing we need to come up with. AWESOME JOB TWISSSTT!!!

daleja424
07-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Im no Stephen Hunter expert but check these links...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steven_hunter/career_stats.html
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJIg-9VXHW4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XmTTdbMSeXw&feature=related

...looks like exactly what we need. can rebound and block shots, but also finish inside when people get the ball to him. This is the guy we need...IMO

SwaggaIke
07-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Wow. That's probably what Dwyane's Wish List looks like. We need to get this to Riley.

daleja424
07-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Wow. That's probably what Dwyane's Wish List looks like. We need to get this to Riley.

I sense some sarcasm... but I really think Hunter could be a long term starting center if giving the chance... he would be better then Brown, Kristic, and such. He really reminds me of Tyson Chandler a bit...

SwaggaIke
07-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I sense some sarcasm... but I really think Hunter could be a long term starting center if giving the chance... he would be better then Brown, Kristic, and such. He really reminds me of Tyson Chandler a bit...

Actually, I was dead serious.

Cavs_Fan24
07-06-2008, 12:32 PM
i think if Miami pulls that off, they are instanly that much better.

marlinsfan24
07-06-2008, 12:33 PM
They should defenitly do this. Makes both teams better and Miami possibly a top 3-5 seed again

daleja424
07-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Actually, I was dead serious.

Oh good. I thought you were being sarcastic... This guy could really just be a late bloomer or a guy that hasn't been given a chance... but I love this guy!

fins08
07-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Hunter won't make us instanly great. Sounds good. Career high is 6.4 PPG and 4.8 RPG. But don't get carried away. There is always a reason someone isn't getting playing time. He was on the bench a lot for Denver last year. Would be a nice Center but I don't see starter. He may be the best option for now. I still like Kwame for a reason. IDK why.

daleja424
07-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Hunter won't make us instanly great. Sounds good. Career high is 6.4 PPG and 4.8 RPG. But don't get carried away. There is always a reason someone isn't getting playing time. He was on the bench a lot for Denver last year. Would be a nice Center but I don't see starter. He may be the best option for now. I still like Kwame for a reason. IDK why.

The guy has always been behind good C's... Amare, Camby, Dalembert... He has never been given a chance to be a starter and has never been giving more then 23 minutes a game... This guy could easily give us 10/8 + 2 blocks next year as a starting center...

Jonathan2323
07-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Steven Hunter!?, I would rather have Kwame Brown LOL

DQL
07-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Steven Hunter!?, I would rather have Kwame Brown LOL

me 2

MiamiHeatMafia
07-06-2008, 02:00 PM
I would'nt mind getting him he is pretty solid.

King Koopa
07-06-2008, 02:07 PM
How about you check out Marburys nasty passes.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FsZvBgy8pjA

And as for Hunter, he cant play defense. Always getting posted up.

fins08
07-06-2008, 02:08 PM
The guy has always been behind good C's... Amare, Camby, Dalembert... He has never been given a chance to be a starter and has never been giving more then 23 minutes a game... This guy could easily give us 10/8 + 2 blocks next year as a starting center...

Dalembert isn't that good. Hunter averged 2 and 1 last year. Kwame did better!

daleja424
07-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Dalembert isn't that good. Hunter averged 2 and 1 last year. Kwame did better!

the guy averaged 6 mins a game and played in 19 games... what kind of averages do you expect him to have?

daleja424
07-06-2008, 02:11 PM
How about you check out Marburys nasty passes.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FsZvBgy8pjA

And as for Hunter, he cant play defense. Always getting posted up.

look at block stats... he will be a better off the ball defender then any of the other options we suggested

_Sn1P3r_
07-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Hunter isn't as bad as what people are saying. When he gets a chance to play, he'll know his role as a rebounder and defender. He'll probably pick up most of his points from offensive rebounds.

fins08
07-06-2008, 04:46 PM
I am sure he would be nice, but he was the 3rd string center in Denver! 2 guys were better than him. Nene and Camby. Nene only played 3 games and still Hunter only played in 19!

daleja424
07-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Yes and Blount would be the 5th string... Its a young guy with upside... sometimes teams dont evaluate talent well...

fins08
07-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Blount SHOULD be the 5th string! I will say Hunter would be an upgrade because I don't think Blount is good at all. God, we do need a better option at Center.

H.E.A.T.E.D
07-06-2008, 06:37 PM

And I finally agree with you on something Daleja!:clap:

twissst89
07-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Kwame Brown was given tons of chances and he still hasent proved nothing. If Hunter was given those minutes i know no 1 wud say lets get Kwame over Hunter. Kwame Brown will never be a starter on a winning team he just flat out sucks.

Sparticus
07-06-2008, 07:50 PM
I'll take Patrick O'Bryant if not Joel Anthony should do the job.

twissst89
07-06-2008, 07:51 PM
As for the point guard i think if we cant just sign Marbury or get Monta Ellis for Marion, we should just play Chalmmers and get a point guard next year. I started thinking about the Haslem for Mo Williams trade again and I changed my mind. Wut if Beasley does workout better at SF then PF? After this season Marion is gone and wel be without a PF. Or if Beasley does play PF I wud love for Haslem to be coming off the bench and i wud say he is almost untouchable. Devin Harris is a Free Agent next year and I rather just sign him so we dont have to give up anything. Haslem and Harris >>>>>> Mo Williams.

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 12:39 AM
I'll take Patrick O'Bryant if not Joel Anthony should do the job.

Dont you know why Patrick got Released by the Warriors because he doesnt play a Bit of Defense. He Has a REALLY SMALL FRAME. So all the Big people are always killing him. And as for Joel Hes too Small man.

ATX
07-07-2008, 12:00 PM
As for the point guard i think if we cant just sign Marbury or get Monta Ellis for Marion, we should just play Chalmmers and get a point guard next year. I started thinking about the Haslem for Mo Williams trade again and I changed my mind. Wut if Beasley does workout better at SF then PF? After this season Marion is gone and wel be without a PF. Or if Beasley does play PF I wud love for Haslem to be coming off the bench and i wud say he is almost untouchable. Devin Harris is a Free Agent next year and I rather just sign him so we dont have to give up anything. Haslem and Harris >>>>>> Mo Williams.

Just where did you see that Devin Harris is a free agent next year? I thought he signed a five year contract extension before he left Dallas. It would be great to have Harris, but he's locked up untill 2012. I'm with you on keeping Haslem though...He's one of just a couple pieces left from our championship team, he's a good chemistry guy who provides leadership. Unless the offer is over the top, I say keep him!

Link: http://www.nba.com/mavericks/news/Mavs_and_Harris_agree.html

Excerpt: The five-year extension, which begins after this season, locks Harris up through 2012-13.