PDA

View Full Version : Coaching News/Suggestions

JermanJaysFan
07-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Just a place to discuss the Raptors coaching situation- both pertaining to head coaches, assistants and possibly even player-coaches. Any guys around the league potentially on the hot seat or recently sacked that would be good fits here?

I personally think that it would be ideal if the Raptors could add another shooting guru like we had in Dave Hopla. Even though we have a lot of accomplished shooters on this squad, it is always good to have an expert keeping an eye on things.

Like many others here, I would love to bring on a big man coach too. I don't know if Oakley is coaching material, but it'd be nice having an old pro showing Andrea, Hump, and to a certain extent Bosh and JO the ropes.

ramz.n
07-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Bargnani should play for the Argo's :P

JermanJaysFan
07-06-2008, 12:24 AM
What??

Joshmantis
07-06-2008, 01:27 AM
I wonder what David Robinson is up to? I doubt he's interested in coming to Toronto, but I'd like to see him help out Bargs.

_Sn1P3r_
07-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I want a former big man from the league to teach our bigs to bang in the paint, some post moves, boxing out, etc.

khanraymond
07-06-2008, 05:36 PM
1) Ask Boggy Williams or Doug Christie to come in as the perimeter defensive coach

2) Ask Oak or Davis to come in as the rebounding + low post defensive coach

3) Start Calderon, Parker, Kapono, Bosh and O'Neal - have Moon come off the bench with Bragnani. Moon is a solid rebounder and defensive presence to put beside Bragnani. Having Kapono come off with Bragnani - no defense or rebounding.

4)Sign Darrell Armstrong to guide Calderon and Ukic.

5)Push Adams and Jawii to the next level - opening up a trade of Humphris and Graham (since neither can be trade because Adams and Jawii are unproven)

6)Tell Kapono to study Rip Hamilton. For the fast release in the game, if he came off screens the way Hamilton does and with his shooting percentage, he could be a 15-18pt a night guy.

hades
07-06-2008, 05:59 PM
former bigman? PATRICK EWING.
we should sign his son JR to encourage ewing to come and help with bargs