PDA

View Full Version : Rose battling tendinitis in right knee

Starkonian
07-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Gulp!

Rose battling tendinitis in right knee
By K.C. Johnson, 7:00 p.m.

Derrick Rose participated in the night practice of Saturdayís double sessions for Bullsí summer-league mini-camp despite battling tendinitis in his right knee.

The No. 1 pick limped noticeably following the morning practice, his knee wrapped in ice, but vowed not to miss games at the Orlando Pro Summer League beginning Monday.

"Iíve been coming 90 minutes early every day to get treatment," Rose said. "Iíll be fine."

Rose said the condition dates to his one season at Memphis and developed for noble reasons.

"I was scared I wouldnít have a good season, so I would stay in the gym for like four hours until I got tendinitis," he said. "Coach (John Calipari) had to tell the managers donít let me in no more because I was tearing up my knees and I had to keep getting MRIs. I just wanted to prove people wrong and let them know that I was going to play hard. Thatís just the way I think."

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/fullcourtpress/2008/07/rose-battling-t.html

Turtle55
07-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Great, but tendonitis can be managed. I've had it for years.

kozelkid
07-05-2008, 11:57 PM
eh, as usual, there is always every tedious report about some injury. every year same thing, the top picks are always under the microscope. hell, everyone freaked abotu beasley, when he's now perfectly fine :rolleyes:
I'll tell you one thing, expect a mob of rose bashers and beas fans rampage this thread. I saw this article before, and didnt post it just for this reason.
It is a no biggie, but every beas lover will make it a HUGE deal :rolleyes:

Kyben36
07-05-2008, 11:57 PM
IDK Brused Sternum or Tendonitis your pick

Raoul Duke_91
07-06-2008, 12:08 AM
IDK Brused Sternum or Tendonitis your pick

cracked sternum

Raoul Duke_91
07-06-2008, 12:18 AM
im gonna be honest, I love derrick rose, but this legitimately concerns me. I had tendinitis in my knee my senior year of HS and at times it isnt a big deal at all, but at times it was really bad I had a hard time it especially when I sat for a couple minutes and I got a little cold. Now that being said the NBA will have great physicians to help him better that my HS had, and I am alot taller that Derrick Rose, so my knees do take a pounding running up and down the floor but im still concerned if it hurts his explosiveness that will be a major detriment to his game. Like I said earlier tho, thier have great physicians working for him and you look at a guy like steve nash who has Spondylolisthesis and then the great career he had so who knows I'm sure he will be fine. But id be lying if I said i was a little disheartened by this.

Chi-Town Finest
07-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Shouldnt be a big deal, im sure 60% of the players in the nba has it.

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 12:21 AM
It's cause for a little concern but it's nothing like what I'd be feeling if I were a Portland fan with the Oden injury concerns. This will be fine, expect him to miss a couple games a year at the most with this.

Fury
07-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Damn him and beasley..watch em be cursed and Mayo and gordon become the star rookies lol

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Damn him and beasley..watch em be cursed and Mayo and gordon become the star rookies lol

Doubt it but it won't stop the Mayo minions from having a field day with this.

Chi-Town Finest
07-06-2008, 12:27 AM
^Yeah, let the bashing begin.

kozelkid
07-06-2008, 12:29 AM
guys, in case you didnt know, deng also has tenditis and he is perfectly fine, in fact his injuries arent really even related to tenditis, but back...
as for rose, I heard that it only started to really affect him after 4 hourse of nonstop practice, as coach cal said and would try to get rose to practice less...
basically tenditis shoudlnt affect him much unless he becomes an avid dunker which he probably wont in the nba, he will ahve a dunk now and then, but not often enough for this to be a concern

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
guys, in case you didnt know, deng also has tenditis and he is perfectly fine, in fact his injuries arent really even related to tenditis, but back...
as for rose, I heard that it only started to really affect him after 4 hourse of nonstop practice, as coach cal said and would try to get rose to practice less...
basically tenditis shoudlnt affect him much unless he becomes an avid dunker which he probably wont in the nba, he will ahve a dunk now and then, but not often enough for this to be a concern

Yeah this would worry me much more if he was a post player. He won't dunk much either, if you watch BG highlights from high school he was throwing down like crazy and he rarely dunks now.

kingbrentg
07-06-2008, 12:42 AM
OMG this is terrible. I have the tendonitis in my knee and I can only get out of my wheel chair for 2 hours a day.

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 12:45 AM
OMG this is terrible. I have the tendonitis in my knee and I can only get out of my wheel chair for 2 hours a day.

LOL, well good news is we only need him to play about 30 minutes a night.

Raoul Duke_91
07-06-2008, 12:45 AM
your siggy is f*cking hilarious king brent g

path2zion
07-06-2008, 12:46 AM
Keep the faith my brethren, he is young and will have the best medical attention, he will be fine.

metsbulls1025
07-06-2008, 02:47 AM
eh, as usual, there is always every tedious report about some injury. every year same thing, the top picks are always under the microscope. hell, everyone freaked abotu beasley, when he's now perfectly fine :rolleyes:
I'll tell you one thing, expect a mob of rose bashers and beas fans rampage this thread. I saw this article before, and didnt post it just for this reason.
It is a no biggie, but every beas lover will make it a HUGE deal :rolleyes:

It was just the complete opposite before we drafted Rose. Rose was the all mighty and Beasley was trash and you couldn't say a bad thing about Rose without getting flammed for it. Its peoples opinions so relax bud.

violetuniverse
07-06-2008, 03:33 AM
all i have to say is this: rose fansbetter hope its nothing to serious and doesnt lead to a nagging injury.

KH12
07-06-2008, 03:37 AM
all i have to say is this: rose fansbetter hope its nothing to serious and doesnt lead to a nagging injury.

I think you mean BULLS fans. The stupid Rose/Beasley debate has to end, we drafted Rose. Beasley is on the Heat.

samurai
07-06-2008, 04:10 AM
Rose has some of the best sports medicine doctors and trainers at his disposal. He will be well-cared for and managed. As posted elsewhere, who doesn't have to deal with tendinitis at some point in their professional basketball career? Let's move on. Rose and Beasley will both be fine.

DeShaun Brown
07-06-2008, 04:14 AM
Not as big of a deal as they make it out to be. They would probably report if he had a cold or a headache too. He's under the spotlight that's all. All eyes are on him.

SwaggaIke
07-06-2008, 04:41 AM
I'm not trying to bash Rose, but tendinitis is no joke. I remember Jason Williams getting it and he couldn't get on the court. For a player like Rose who relies heavily on his great athleticism this should be a concern. They need to treat him appropriately(i'm sure they will). I'd hate to see his career derailed by something that's completely out of his control. Here's hoping he's 100% for the season...and Monday, should be a great game.

TrueFan23
07-06-2008, 10:54 AM

Luol Deng had tendinitus but he said that it got better as his knees got stronger, im not worried about it.

Speaking of injuries how about the fractured sternum
(can u say injury prone)

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Almost all athletes have tendonitis in one form or another. It's really no big deal.

kozelkid
07-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I think you mean BULLS fans. The stupid Rose/Beasley debate has to end, we drafted Rose. Beasley is on the Heat.

no thing is she DOES mean rose fans and beas fans, see lately she's only been posting in the heat forum...

kozelkid
07-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Luol Deng had tendinitus but he said that it got better as his knees got stronger, im not worried about it.

Speaking of injuries how about the fractured sternum
(can u say injury prone)

seriously, every year, the top picks are always under the microscope for every little crime and injury.
I gaurenteee that beas and rose will play 95-100% of the games this season unless the face some random injury on the court nothign relating to the current injuries...

Briggurlacher
07-06-2008, 12:08 PM

DO us all a favor and STOP POSTING ON THIS BOARD.

Kozelkid is right- you have lots of posts on the Heat board proclaiming your love for them now that they drafted Beasley.

I dont know how anyone else feels about it, but I ONLY respect TRUE BULLS FANS... You are about the farthest thing from it.

Go back to the Heat board and get a life.

Turtle55
07-06-2008, 12:15 PM
My wife is actually an athletic trainer and spends her entire professional life dealing with sports injuries. I told her about this injury and the way people were reacting, she laughed at us and said it's no big deal. She went on to say that everyone has tendonitis on some level and this is absolutely no big deal. Oh and she said it would suck alot more to have a cracked sternum than tendonitis.

Chi-Town Finest
07-06-2008, 12:22 PM
^Ouch, but I think they will both be fine. They are young and will heal fast.

Chi-Town Finest
07-06-2008, 12:26 PM

Kozelkid is right- you have lots of posts on the Heat board proclaiming your love for them now that they drafted Beasley.

I dont know how anyone else feels about it, but I ONLY respect TRUE BULLS FANS... You are about the farthest thing from it.

MAN!!!! U guys catch it when we post on others boards???? I better stop posting in the Alternative music boards.

MiamiHeat
07-06-2008, 12:37 PM
hope it wont affect his playing i wanna watch him play, hope his okay

Chi-Town Finest
07-06-2008, 12:46 PM
hope it wont affect his playing i wanna watch him play, hope his okay
See, I knew it was a lot of mature Heat fans out there!!! And no bashing yet. We can get along cant we???

97'bulls
07-06-2008, 04:50 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:down::bang::pity::faint::hide::guns::flame::injur y::drunk::puke:

mschmidt64
07-06-2008, 04:51 PM

:laugh:

Blindly submit to whatever the Bulls do or you're not a TRUE BULLS FAN.

Homers.... always good for a laugh.

Second City
07-06-2008, 05:04 PM
It's not the kind of news that I wanted to wake up to but Derrick will be fine.

Derrick_Rose
07-06-2008, 05:36 PM
I've had tendinitis in my knee before, It's really not that big of a deal.

JordansBulls
07-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Gulp!

Rose battling tendinitis in right knee
By K.C. Johnson, 7:00 p.m.

Derrick Rose participated in the night practice of Saturdayís double sessions for Bullsí summer-league mini-camp despite battling tendinitis in his right knee.

The No. 1 pick limped noticeably following the morning practice, his knee wrapped in ice, but vowed not to miss games at the Orlando Pro Summer League beginning Monday.

"Iíve been coming 90 minutes early every day to get treatment," Rose said. "Iíll be fine."

Rose said the condition dates to his one season at Memphis and developed for noble reasons.

"I was scared I wouldnít have a good season, so I would stay in the gym for like four hours until I got tendinitis," he said. "Coach (John Calipari) had to tell the managers donít let me in no more because I was tearing up my knees and I had to keep getting MRIs. I just wanted to prove people wrong and let them know that I was going to play hard. Thatís just the way I think."

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/fullcourtpress/2008/07/rose-battling-t.html

No big deal, it is nothing major.

Starkonian
07-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Here's the results of the Tribune poll on this. Seems it's pretty mixed...

How freaked are you?
No. 1 pick Derrick Rose is battling some tendinitis in his right knee. How freaked out are you?

Not at all -- he's still practicing (1468 responses)

46.1%

A bit -- isn't he too young for this? (1242 responses)

39.0%

So freaking out -- No. 1 pick! Geez! (474 responses)

14.9%

3184 total responses (Results not scientific)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-080705-rose-poll,0,3320846,post.poll