Gasolis#1option
07-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Who is better?

phillyphan4ever
07-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Pierce

Johann
07-05-2008, 10:51 PM
wades been injured...everyones forgetting that when wade came to the league, the heat won the title. pierce needed allen and garnett. pierce is very good, wade is just faster and getting better

Dalionking
07-05-2008, 10:51 PM
wade is a much better player. just because pierce got hot and played out of his #ss the entire playoffs doesnt make him better. wade is an elite player and peirce is not. hands down

Dirty Dirk41
07-05-2008, 10:53 PM
pierce...no brainer

Wade3
07-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Its Wade because look at the way they each won there titles Boston had Allen Pierce and Garnett. Miami had just Wade and Shaq and Shaq doesn't play like he does in the finals anymore before his finals points average was like 25 point I know Shaq didn't average that for the Heat in the finals

Dalionking
07-05-2008, 10:55 PM
you are crazy, oh wait . no your not, your just a homer

GregOden#1
07-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Why would DWADE3AI3 make such a thread?

Dirty Dirk41
07-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Pierce can shoot better, plays better d, drives just as good and is bigger..Wade is just faster and quicker with better ball handling skills....dont think pierce is the best player in the league or anything but def better than wade

JackSplack
07-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Pierce or Wade....

Pierce arguably isn't even the best player on his team since KG is there...

When healthy, Wade...

Wade/Lebron/Kobe...they're in the same catagory

Pierce is great, but just below.

Maybe a Pierce or McGrady Poll'd be more appropo

Dirty Dirk41
07-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Its Wade because look at the way they each won there titles Boston had Allen Pierce and Garnett. Miami had just Wade and Shaq and Shaq doesn't play like he does in the finals anymore before his finals points average was like 25 point I know Shaq didn't average that for the Heat in the finals

both pierce and wade went nuts in the finals and the playoffs for that matter....But dallas couldnt contain shaq....there was no answers...plus the heat had more role players (posey, toine, j-will,haslem,kapono, blount, and ricky davis

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow Wade by a long shot pierce is just a fat piece of crap.

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
both pierce and wade went nuts in the finals and the playoffs for that matter....But dallas couldnt contain shaq....there was no answers...plus the heat had more role players (posey, toine, j-will,haslem,kapono, blount, and ricky davis

Boston had the better team KG,Allen,Posey,Rondo,Powe,Pierce,Eddie House. Please the only person Wade had was Shaq and he didnt do crap in that series. And by the Way Kapono didnt play for us that season. He was a Bench warmer. Wow and we didnt even have blount or Ricky that season just sit back and shut up and dont post anymore you idiot. Look up you crap before posting dumb things like that again.

MiamiHeatMafia
07-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Wade said and done when he is healthy he is top 5 in the NBA.

KmB728
07-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Pierce... and yes im being a homer just like every miami fan is

Pierce is bigger, he can play better defense he can get to the hoop just as well, he can shoot the 3 ball much better, oh and he isnt as injury prone

Dirty Dirk41
07-05-2008, 11:23 PM
^^ thats what im saying...wade is an AWESOME player...but pierce is bigger and can do everything he can...although wade is faster thats it

Wade3
07-05-2008, 11:24 PM
All Pierce can do better is shoot 3's

Chicagofaithful
07-05-2008, 11:39 PM
wade for sure... especially in fantasy stats

Chicagofaithful
07-05-2008, 11:39 PM
lol someone is going to flip out and be like "fantasy stats shouldnt matter!"

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 11:40 PM
This is not a good comparison, Pierce is a top 10 player....Wade is a top 5 player when healthy! Remember wade has only been in the league for 5yrs and pierce what 10? Wade won the title basicly on his own with some decent role players and boston won with three all-stars which contribute and decent role players, yeah we had shaq but what did he do? He could'nt make a basket and he is basicly 2inches away from the basket at that, Wade has been injured 1.5yrs of his career and still played hurt because of more contact and he is a slasher with ok ball handles......am sorry but I have to give this one to wade!....Now if you compare wade and kobe then that's a tuffy but I WOULD have to say kobe, This link actually has 1)Kobe 2)Wade 3) pierce.

http://www.nba.com/fantasy/draft_kit/shootingguards1_19.html

WillisLovechild
07-05-2008, 11:41 PM
im not a fan of either team, so here's an unbiased opinion. wade is better, plain and simple. the big three is just that, three guys. all miami had was wade and the remains of what used to be shaquille o'neal. shaq's best years were behind him, wade led that team. when he's healthy wade is a top 3-5 player, pierce is a top 15 player.

tonyd3b54
07-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Boston had the better team KG,Allen,Posey,Rondo,Powe,Pierce,Eddie House. Please the only person Wade had was Shaq and he didnt do crap in that series. And by the Way Kapono didnt play for us that season. He was a Bench warmer. Wow and we didnt even have blount or Ricky that season just sit back and shut up and dont post anymore you idiot. Look up you crap before posting dumb things like that again.

heat had posey that year...not to mention haslem, mourning, williams, in addition to shaq... dont say they had a bad team cuz theyre team was pretty good... maybe u should look things up....

i think its a tie... pierce has the total package offensively... he can drive shoot the 3 and has a deadly midrange pull up... not to mention he can shut u down on D... wade has a very potent offensive game but his jumpshot isnt close to that of pierce....yet his driving ability and ball handling is much better almost unstoppable...

carter15
07-06-2008, 12:19 AM
not a miami fan
not a celtics fan

wade is better..hes up there with the likes of chris paul, kobe, lebron, kg while pierce is not in that conversation...pierce is a very good player but more along the lines of a top 20 player... wade is a great player who is arguably a top 5 player..if not then top 10 forsure

AgentViet
07-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Wade when healthy. This needs to moved to the Comparison Forum btw.

Dirty Dirk41
07-06-2008, 12:27 AM
wade a top 5 player???

Kobe
Bron
Duncan
Garnett
yao
dwight

all better

Not 2 take anything away from him but id want any of them over wade ANY DAY

superkegger
07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Why would DWADE3AI3 make such a thread?

my thoughts exactly.

tonyd3b54
07-06-2008, 12:34 AM
id also like to add for all u people who are blaming kg and ray for pierces play dont know wat ur talking about... the best player pierce has ever played with in his career before this year was antoine walker...and as i remember correctly pierce put that team on his back where the 3rd best player after pierce and walker was kenny anderson... and took them to the eastern conference finals... and in those finals pierce orchastrated the largest comeback in nba history until this year wen he orchastrated it again.... yup thats right the greatest and 2nd greatest playoff comebacks in nba history were both orchastrated by THE TRUTH Paul Pierce...

Ragun
07-06-2008, 12:35 AM
wade

bayareafan650
07-06-2008, 01:04 AM
wade. not even close

KmB728
07-06-2008, 01:18 AM
Why is everyone saying wade had no teamates? he had shaq, walker, posey, haslem, blount, williams

what has he done since that title..... nothing hes been hurt

also dont use the excuse of pierce has teamates, he scored 40 points against Lebron in the playoffs AND shut him down on defense

who els can say they shut down Lebron, Kobe, and won finals mvp???

Pierce > Wade

dont get me wrong i like Wade, i actually have his jersey, but id take the Truth any day

Diehardheatfan
07-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Wade when healthy is better than Lebron. ( Not by much) and is not far from Kobe. If i was starting a team i would try to get any combo of these 4 players. Lebron, Wade,Paul, Amare. IMO. Dont be negative. If you disagree please dont get ignorant.

KmB728
07-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Wade when healthy is better than Lebron. ( Not by much) and is not far from Kobe. If i was starting a team i would try to get any combo of these 4 players. Lebron, Wade,Paul, Amare. IMO. Dont be negative. If you disagree please dont get ignorant.

What????? :speechless:

Dalionking
07-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Pierce can shoot better, plays better d, drives just as good and is bigger..Wade is just faster and quicker with better ball handling skills....dont think pierce is the best player in the league or anything but def better than wade

until this year he was considered an average defensive player

nolin
07-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Pierce is better its true

Dalionking
07-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Pierce... and yes im being a homer just like every miami fan is

Pierce is bigger, he can play better defense he can get to the hoop just as well, he can shoot the 3 ball much better, oh and he isnt as injury prone

he can shoot better and thats about it, if you think he can get to the hole about the same then you need to stop sniffing marker before watching the game

ps - i am not a miami fan.

KmB728
07-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Well obviousley there are many opinions on this, but im just shocked some miami fans think wade is better then lebron......

celtics20
07-06-2008, 01:35 AM
wade is a much better player. just because pierce got hot and played out of his #ss the entire playoffs doesnt make him better. wade is an elite player and peirce is not. hands down

wow, i know this guys not talkin about paul pierce.lol. Cuz apparently he knows nothin about backsetball...let alone paul pierce. Buddy, he averaged 20,5, and 5. Hold on you might not know what that means. 20 pts 5 rebounds and 5 assists a game. He also had Ray and KG on the team, and he still pulled those kind of numbers....Now wade is very good dont get me wrong. But he gets injured a lot. And he's still young, but im sure he'll be better then Pierce eventually....shoot he will be one of the best in the NBA. But not right now, i'd take pierce over wade.

nolin
07-06-2008, 01:36 AM

What are you like 8. You come up with the most ridicouslous accusations i have ever seen. do me a favor and go to bed.

Dalionking
07-06-2008, 01:37 AM

ok you just went over board with that one. better than lebron? maybe 2 years ago but not now.
kobe, lebron are the 2 best players in the NBA hands down.

KmB728
07-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Pierce has a size advantage, he can shoot better, and he can drive just as well, he can get to the basket at will, you should know that by now Dalionking

yes wade is younger, and will be in his prime when pierce is declining, but the dude is a piece of glass and gets hurt every season

Dalionking
07-06-2008, 01:39 AM
wow, i know this guys not talkin about paul pierce.lol. Cuz apparently he knows nothin about backsetball...let alone paul pierce. Buddy, he averaged 20,5, and 5. Hold on you might not know what that means. 20 pts 5 rebounds and 5 assists a game. He also had Ray and KG on the team, and he still pulled those kind of numbers....Now wade is very good dont get me wrong. But he gets injured a lot. And he's still young, but im sure he'll be better then Pierce eventually....shoot he will be one of the best in the NBA. But not right now, i'd take pierce over wade.

thats because your a homer and cant look at this objectively.

Dalionking
07-06-2008, 01:44 AM
pierce never scared me till he got hot this years playoff's. wade scares me any time he is on the floor. plus, pierce has never been considered top 5 in the nba and d-flop, i mean d- wade was. yes he got hurt a couple times but be plays defense, hits his jumper, can out run anyone not name cp3, can drive on anyone, rebounds and gets his teamates involved and makes them better. pierce was on a bad team but i never loked at him and said he will make them alot better.

DQL
07-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Pierce is better shooter but Wade is better scorer. Wade is better playmaker by a mile. Pierce is considered better defender but you guys should remember that Wade was selected to all-defensive 2nd team in his rookie season, Pierce has never been selected to defensive team.

KmB728
07-06-2008, 02:00 AM
Pierce is better shooter but Wade is better scorer. Wade is better playmaker by a mile. Pierce is considered better defender but you guys should remember that Wade was selected to all-defensive 2nd team in his rookie season, Pierce has never been selected to defensive team.

Thats a good point, i didnt know he was on the all defensive team

i just think Pierce played awesome this year, and wade was a major let down...

-J-J-H-
07-06-2008, 02:06 AM
wade for sure

QuaLiThADoN
07-06-2008, 02:07 AM
a healthy wade is better....

BTownTeamsRKing
07-06-2008, 02:13 AM
i dont understand why in this argument i keep seeing "Pierce was never considered top 5." thats the lamest point. hes been on terrible teams for almost his whole career. and it doesnt matter wat "experts" consider someone to be. wat matters is how the player plays.

ppl think Pierce improved a lot this year, but i dont think he improved much at all. hes always been this good, but no one outside of Boston ever got to see it until now.

u cant really compare these 2. they both play 2 different positions.

skill set wise, NO other SF in the league has as good an all aroung game as Pierce. hes got shooting, driving, dribbling, defense, rebounding, passing, leadership, and most of all hes CLUTCH. down the stretch, this guy will get u the win. whether he has to shoot 3's or drive to the hole. he gets the job done. the one thing that he isnt is FLASHY. thats why no one hears about him until now. theres no smoke and mirrors to the TRUTH.

D-wade is the man. incredibly fast and quick. he is also a scorer with great defense, and master handling, but he is smaller so he wont grab many rbs. extremely athletic and so far has been a good leader. problem is he is injurry prone. but he is as CLUTCH as it gets. the guy can get to the hole any time he wants.

tough comparison but i go with....Pierce. why? bc no one else could do wat he did in the finals. he shut kobe down and led the team in scoring. i also go with Pierce bc he has a lot more experience than Wade. Pierce's size and strength also gives him a big edge, which isnt fair but thats the comparison we are making.

Diehardheatfan
07-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Well obviousley there are many opinions on this, but im just shocked some miami fans think wade is better then lebron......

Wade is a better closer than Lebron BY FAR!!!!!!! Wade has the best finals performance in the history of the game. Better than kobe , lebron, jordan and magic. Well according to espn atleast

Diehardheatfan
07-06-2008, 02:31 AM
What are you like 8. You come up with the most ridicouslous accusations i have ever seen. do me a favor and go to bed.

Hey you wish you knew 10 percent of my basketball brain. You Know nothing! When im a sleep i know more than you do. You never make any good points so stop talking about what im saying. many people would agree with me on wade being better when healthy. I would say when both players careers are over Lebron will have been better. Its close but wade's championship year lebron hasnt touched yet. if your not going to respond positively just be quiet

Diehardheatfan
07-06-2008, 02:32 AM
ok you just went over board with that one. better than lebron? maybe 2 years ago but not now.
kobe, lebron are the 2 best players in the NBA hands down.

Thats why i said wade when healthy

kntresistheheat
07-06-2008, 02:35 AM
Buddy, Pierce does not drive just as good as wade! C'mon are you serious? Wade has a good jumpshot not from far range but he can finish better than pierce! Piece of glass,That's funny! Its because wade is not scared to drive to the basket he does'nt care who's down there and like I said he finishes strong he sacrifes his body....Not like pierce when he faked that injury crying and gets carried off the court act like he broke his a leg, then come's back and goes crazy scoring everywhere! Trying to do a willis reed:rolleyes:

Pierce has a size advantage, he can shoot better, and he can drive just as well, he can get to the basket at will, you should know that by now Dalionking

yes wade is younger, and will be in his prime when pierce is declining, but the dude is a piece of glass and gets hurt every season

kntresistheheat
07-06-2008, 02:41 AM
What have you been smoking??? YAO:rolleyes:

wade a top 5 player???

Kobe
Bron
Duncan
Garnett
yao
dwight

all better

Not 2 take anything away from him but id want any of them over wade ANY DAY

kntresistheheat
07-06-2008, 02:47 AM
What did shaq do in the final's? Better yet what did he do in the playoffs? Walker! You mean the guy that would miss a layup by himself and shot about 28% from the floor and 82% was airballs and william the guy that you looked at his knee's and it started to hurt. You have a case with haslem and posey because they did great for us and please dont mention GP he was barley there for us....OH by the way blount was not on our roster:rolleyes:

Why is everyone saying wade had no teamates? he had shaq, walker, posey, haslem, blount, williams

what has he done since that title..... nothing hes been hurt

also dont use the excuse of pierce has teamates, he scored 40 points against Lebron in the playoffs AND shut him down on defense

who els can say they shut down Lebron, Kobe, and won finals mvp???

Pierce > Wade

dont get me wrong i like Wade, i actually have his jersey, but id take the Truth any day

SouljahPhil...
07-06-2008, 02:48 AM
wade.....

madiaz3
07-06-2008, 03:01 AM

Don't skew the series. He only scored 40 when Lebron scored 40 and more.

zezak
07-06-2008, 03:17 AM
problem is he is injurry prone.

How is Wade an injury prone? He had a bad dislocation, never recovered from that because he wanted to be back for the playoffs and now his an injury prone. An unhealthy Wade is still better than Paul Pierce. 25/4/7 and almost 2 steals per game is something that most NBA players donít achieve while being at their peek and being 100%.

Get the facts straight and stop being a homer.

Leftcoast_yg
07-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Pierce or Wade....

Pierce arguably isn't even the best player on his team since KG is there...

When healthy, Wade...

Wade/Lebron/Kobe...they're in the same catagory

Pierce is great, but just below.

Maybe a Pierce or McGrady Poll'd be more appropo

:confused::laugh: none of them can even come near to kobe when it comes to offense and defense, they have never been in all defensive team, kobe 7times, he was not picked on that team because he didnt play defense alright, and pierce is better than wade.
wade is really overrated here's a better question is wade better than jammal crawford, they both have the same game, fast and can drive in, the only thing that seperates them is there weight and athleticism, and no one has ever dunked there way to a championship unless your shaq which reminds me he was wade's teamate when the heat got a ring, dont tell me that wade couldv'e got a ring without him just as pierce couldnt di it without kg, they didnt even need ray allen imo, theycould have started james posey, and got the same result, but pierce is a better defender.

Mallpha
07-06-2008, 04:26 AM
If i could take Wade or Pierce to make a team around i would take Wade becouse his younger and like his mentality more also i find Wade more consistent if his healthy. What i like about Pierce is his versality and dedication to the team.

SwaggaIke
07-06-2008, 04:34 AM
Wade. Coming out of the 05-06 season going into the 06-07 season up until February of that year Wade was arguably the best player in the NBA. He's been a top 5 scorer in the league every year of his career except his first. He's always been efficient from the field shooting 48% for the career. He's been a winner in the league since day 1. He's always been an above average rebounder from his position and he's an UNDERRATED defender. He was Big East defensive player of the year coming out of Marquette and he's also made an all defensive team in the league. He gets to the line at will and is one of the leagues most explosive players. He always finds a way to make the right play at the right time. He's good shot blocker for his position and has always been able to amass nice steal numbers w/o gambling on every attempt. Not to mention he's been one of the most clutch players in the game since early in his career. Anybody remember his game winner against Baron Davis in only the first playoff game of his career? I think Paul is a beast on both ends of the court, but Wade is only 5 years in the game and is widely respected as a top 5 player in the league when healthy. Look for him to reclaim that status starting in August.

Tblaze
07-06-2008, 05:22 AM
why bother trying to compare 2 players on a different position, it's useless, it'll turn in a huge homer thread.

I'm not going to say whose better, cause they're both better then the other at different things. The only thing they really have in common is they needed James Posey to get a ring :D

Tian Tian Boy
07-06-2008, 05:29 AM
pierce is one of the best player especially on a one-on-one plays

bloomerfan1
07-06-2008, 06:39 AM
Wade is indeed a good player but where is the stamina? he has none and he is hurt 40% of the time lets compare Wade to a bench player thats how much he plays.Pierce plays big minutes Ill take that guy that might be a slightly less player but plays all the time

DenButsu
07-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Must be a holiday weekend. This one got 5 pages deep w/out getting moved to the comparison forum. :cool:

LakerzDQ
07-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Dwayne Wade.

he might not be the long range shooter that Paul Pierce is, but he gets to the line whenever he wants to, and can score and distribute the ball very well. dude is still young.

sanfranfan1210
07-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Wade

MiamiHeat
07-06-2008, 03:08 PM
wade

MiamiHeat
07-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Wade is indeed a good player but where is the stamina? he has none and he is hurt 40% of the time lets compare Wade to a bench player thats how much he plays.Pierce plays big minutes Ill take that guy that might be a slightly less player but plays all the time

he only had 1 major injury you dumb fk

_Sn1P3r_
07-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Wade when healthy.

BigEric
07-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Wade is a better individual leader, but Pierce is the hotter player right now. If you asked me this 2 years ago this thread would have been dumber than that Areans/Kobe thread.

JordansBulls
07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Pierce this season was better, but if we are talking in general than it is Wade.