PDA

View Full Version : One patriot's voice this holiday weekend

moonman
07-05-2008, 08:59 PM
More eloquently and simply than I could offer, Major David J. R. Frakt explains that in defending America in the War on Terrorism the Bush Administration simply didn't understand that they took an oath not to defend America or the American People but to defend the, "Constitution of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic." Enjoy some brainfood from a very able legal scholar.

Major David J. R. Frakt's Closing Argument in Favor of Dismissal of the Case Against Mohammad Jawad

On Feb 7, 2002, President Bush issued an order. The order stated, in pertinent part “I accept the legal conclusion of the Department of Justice and determine that Common Article 3 of Geneva does not apply to either al Qaeda or Taliban detainees.”

“I determine that the Taliban detainees do not qualify as prisoners of war. . .al Qaeda detainees also do not qualify as prisoners of war.”

“Our values as a nation, values that we share with many nations in the world, call for us to treat detainees humanely, including those who are not legally entitled to such treatment. . . As a matter of policy the United States Armed Forces shall continue to treat detainees humanely, and to the extent appropriate and consistent with military necessity, in a manner consistent with the principles of Geneva.”

With these fateful and ill-advised words, President Bush, our Commander-in-Chief, perhaps unwittingly, perhaps not, started the U.S. down a slippery slope, a path that quickly descended, stopping briefly in the dark, Machiavellian world of “the ends justify the means,” before plummeting further into the bleak underworld of barbarism and cruelty, of “anything goes,” of torture. It was a path that led inexorably to the events that brings us here today, the pointless and sadistic treatment of Mohammad Jawad, a suicidal teenager.....

http://www.aclu.org/safefree/detention/35753res20080619.html

ChiTownSports
07-05-2008, 11:37 PM
i didnt read the post but thought i should make a comment....

moonman
07-06-2008, 01:53 AM
^^^ is that like a gratuitous bump?