PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Wood, the Consummate Teammate

4cubs
07-05-2008, 08:34 PM
*** THE FAKE NEWS STORY I WOULD LIKE TO BELIEVE ***

In an exclusive interview granted to 4cubs by Kerry Woods following the Cubs 5–4 loss to the Cardinals on Saturday, Kerry revealed what we all suspected to be true.

“Ever since the kid (Marmol) has been serving it up like a short order cook at Dennys, he has been receiving a lot of flack from the media and fans.

He’s still young and takes this kind of stuff hard. I remember sucking in much bigger situations not that long ago. Everyone remembers Bartman and Prior blowing it back in the ’03 playoffs. Well, I had my chance to still win that series in game 7 and choked big time. I was older and more of a veteran then than Marmol is now, and it still stings.

Anyway, I felt I had to help the kid. I can’t go out and pitch for him, but I can take some of the heat off of him. What better way to do it than blow a 2 run lead in the ninth and lose the game to our division rivals the Cardinals.”

Wood protecting his teammate. I believe Wood and his actions depict the very character of this team. Getting each others’ backs. Previously Aramis had tried to take the heat off Marmol, but he too was getting pretty beat up by that. Kerry spoke to Ramirez in the 8th inning and let him know it was OK to start hitting again because he would ‘handle it’ in the ninth.

Wood, the stand-up guy we all believed him to be.

Cubsjunkie
07-05-2008, 08:39 PM
:laugh: Nice job. I love Wood telling Aramis that he'll handle it lol. I felt like I was reading something out of The Onion.

redwhitenblue
07-05-2008, 08:41 PM
:shrug:

Umm...okay?

4cubs
07-05-2008, 09:05 PM
:shrug:

Umm...okay?

4cubs continues to prove he seriously just hates Derrek Lee

Yet to see a thread made on the other slumping individuals of the Cubs...last time you made a Lee thread he went on a nice 2 week tear

Satisfied?

redwhitenblue
07-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Satisfied?
No, because Wood isn't slumping, and you're not calling for his removal from the closers role for a few outings-you're just making a joke about a bad game

I don't see how you think these are similar in any fashion

Cubsfan23
07-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I can tell you are really pissed about this loss...I know how you feel man. I was at a party with a bunch of sox and cardinals fans. I pulled up right before the bottom of the nineth and I was playing bags outside when some stupid fat cardinal fan ran out and said Wood gave up three in the 9th. They were all jumping up and down and doing shots. I want to blow them all up. I just stayed real quite...I had no room to talk so I grabbed my cell phone and went in my car called a huge cub friend of mine and let out my frustartion. Needless to say i would love to do an interview with Kerry Wood right now. He blew a big save against the Brewers this year too already...