PDA

View Full Version : VC Slam Dunks

aman_13
07-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Say what you want about Vince Carter, but one thing that everyone will remember in his time in Toronto was the 2000 slam dunk competition. He was flat out AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIB4H3VmFX8

ramz.n
07-05-2008, 07:58 PM
you should put this in the NJ forum

Beach Rock
07-05-2008, 08:28 PM
He was amazing man. That guy could have done huge things for the league...biggest talent waste in the NBA. The 2000 slam dunk competition was one of my fav sporting events to watch ever! Bar none!

np6526
07-05-2008, 09:05 PM
I watch this atleast once a month and I'm still amazed by it, along with the Olympic dunk over Frederic Weis

maxgraham
07-05-2008, 09:22 PM
it wasn't during his time in toronto... i was during his time in the NBA... (i know he was playing for toronto but this dunk contest has nothing to do with the raptors or his time here) what does this have to do with anything? everyone knows how amazing he was in that contest, probably the best ever... and we know how **** he was here during the bad times... this thread seems really out of place... like i missed a bunch of posts saying that "vince never did anything" or something

AgentViet
07-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Doesn't really belong in the Raptor forum... He used to be one of my favourite dunkers though.

aman_13
07-05-2008, 09:41 PM
it wasn't during his time in toronto... i was during his time in the NBA... (i know he was playing for toronto but this dunk contest has nothing to do with the raptors or his time here) what does this have to do with anything? everyone knows how amazing he was in that contest, probably the best ever... and we know how **** he was here during the bad times... this thread seems really out of place... like i missed a bunch of posts saying that "vince never did anything" or something

Yeah i should have said during his time in the NBA. Vince Carter left the wrong way but this dunk contest has a lot to do with how he put the Raptors on the map.

Beach Rock
07-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Wow...this is messed up! A guy starts a forum about argueably the greatest dunker of all time who happens to also be the greatest player in franchise history, in the forum of said franchise.... and guys are writing in to say it doesn't belong here? Don't read it.

_Sn1P3r_
07-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Man gotta admit, his dunks were nasty. I always anticipated what he would do when he had an open fastbreak and he almost never failed me. From 360 to windmill, still impresses me.

aman_13
07-05-2008, 10:00 PM
I know a lot of people don't like the idea of having Vince Carter back because of the way he left and i am not suggesting it either, but i am pretty sure a lot of people will take the young Vince Carter back. This is just a thought, i could be wrong on this.

maxgraham
07-05-2008, 10:34 PM
post a thread saying "wasn't vince an amazing dunker" and its all good, post a thread saying to all the regular posters in here "say what you want about vince carter" and it comes off like we don't believe he was amazing at one time, almost argumentative... beach rock he didnt start a forum, he started a thread in a forum where we prefer not to gush over vince's amazingness SIX years ago... we're just as entitled to say what we think about the thread as he is to post it, don't say its not ok to respond to something in a PUBLIC forum right? right

brebre82
07-05-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow...this is messed up! A guy starts a forum about argueably the greatest dunker of all time who happens to also be the greatest player in franchise history, in the forum of said franchise.... and guys are writing in to say it doesn't belong here? Don't read it.

wow guys sticking up for half man half a season in this forum. wrong place to be buddy. Do you understand the meaning of great? He was the biggest disgrace in franchise history. Don't give me that 'put Toronto on the map' crap, because even if thats true, so what? Its not about how you start, its how you finish.

I had to calm myself down before replying to your ignorant post.

Dragan
07-05-2008, 11:37 PM
so far the greatest raptor in history is Alvin wiliams he started in the league as a raptor and finished as a raptor. carter started good and finished horribly as a raptor. Bosh is amaizing now, so he will be teh best raptor ever if he continues to play teh way he is even if he dont finish as a raptor

ramz.n
07-06-2008, 12:12 AM

you do have to admit..when he said he wont dunk anymore..that kinda drew the line.

Beach Rock
07-06-2008, 12:31 AM
wow guys sticking up for half man half a season in this forum. wrong place to be buddy. Do you understand the meaning of great? He was the biggest disgrace in franchise history. Don't give me that 'put Toronto on the map' crap, because even if thats true, so what? Its not about how you start, its how you finish.

I had to calm myself down before replying to your ignorant post.

Interesting. Settle down pal...no one's picking up for Vince...I was just making a point because this guys forum idea was being shot down. Everyone is entitled to write here...you're proof of that. As for what I said about him being the greatest! should have said the best, and should have said argueably...which makes my point just as well. And i agree that Bosh will be.

As for you having to calm yourself down due to my ignorant post. Good luck with that. try sleeping on it.

Beach Rock
07-06-2008, 12:40 AM
you do have to admit..when he said he wont dunk anymore..that kinda drew the line.

Vince is a very immature person. I'm all for booing him and the team spirit created by everyone's collective anti-vince mentallity...but when guys can't seperate that from the reality and actually get worked up...you gotta problem beyond Vince Carter. This isn't a debate about him(which I would do but just not in this forum). This was about his crazy dunks and entertainment value. at least thats how I took the opening thread here. If anyone's offended by the thread...start a new thread about why so many still like Vince-or why so many still don't. This is turning into more than it needs to be.

Beach Rock
07-06-2008, 12:50 AM
beach rock he didnt start a forum, he started a thread in a forum where we prefer not to gush over vince's amazingness SIX years ago... we're just as entitled to say what we think about the thread as he is to post it, don't say its not ok to respond to something in a PUBLIC forum right? right

:eyebrow:

deaner
07-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Anyone know what VC's vertical was at the draft?