PDA

View Full Version : Favre For Hire?

uncfan44
07-05-2008, 05:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=williamson_bill&id=3474482

check that out all

uncfan44
07-05-2008, 05:26 PM
what does everyone think about the likley landing spots, will this come to an end with favre callin it quits, and just for fun if he came back (unlikly) where besides the pac. would he end up and why?

uncfan44
07-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Ima start, i say the ravens. They have a solid back in willis, endzone threat in heap (if healthy) and we all know about their D. This is a team with some vets that favre would like. Anyone notice how he was always jokin about being the only "old guy" with the pac. I would hate to c him go ne where and dont htink it would happen but if it did, i think bal. would b an ok place to end up.

iam brett favre
07-05-2008, 07:56 PM
not sure why you made 3 posts lol..
but i think its packers or no where. serouisly.

brandonwarne52
07-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Wow, this is all news to me....

:rolleyes:

hughest4
07-06-2008, 01:59 AM
I honestly don't think the Ravens would be a good fit for Brett. Their D is not what it used to be and that team is getting old fast. Their offense is pretty weak so who knows if even the great Favre could make them look better. I think Tampa could be a likely destination for him

iam brett favre
07-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Idk I cant see him wanting to play for anyone else, but maybe im wrong.

hughest4
07-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Idk I cant see him wanting to play for anyone else, but maybe im wrong.

I guess it really depends on how bad he wants to play football. Would he be willing to play for another team other then the Packers? Possibly. I think Tampa would make sense because Gruden was with the Packers in Favre's early days...so there could be some sense of comfortability.

Ryan Diesel
07-06-2008, 01:43 PM
He's doesn't want to go somewhere with no receivers. That rules almost every team that needs a QB out besides the Packers. He wants to play with us, he's just gotta use the possibility of going somewhere else as leverage to try and force the Emperor's (TT) hand into allowing him to come back.

hughest4
07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
He's doesn't want to go somewhere with no receivers. That rules almost every team that needs a QB out besides the Packers. He wants to play with us, he's just gotta use the possibility of going somewhere else as leverage to try and force the Emperor's (TT) hand into allowing him to come back.

True, and that very well could be the case but TT might be too stubborn to actually allow him to return. I wish this whole situation would just get resolved because we need to know who our QB is going to be, whether its Favre or Rodgers...

Soop
07-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I think Tampa could be a likely destination for him.

Don't see Tampa having a need for him when they have Jeff Garcia already.

newdude
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Don't see Tampa having a need for him when they have Jeff Garcia already.

Its not like Garcia is an up and coming QB, he is also quite not that young. So which of the two old QB would they prefer?:)

hughest4
07-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Its not like Garcia is an up and coming QB, he is also quite not that young. So which of the two old QB would they prefer?:)

Exactly. I know that Garcia is probably around 37-38 at this point as well so i don't think they would have any problem bringing in Favre...it wouldnt ruin their future or anything. I like Jeff Garcia a lot and think he is a very good QB but he is no Brett Favre

Packersfan
07-07-2008, 12:16 AM
im so sick of all these "favre to..." threads or anything related about favre coming back until i hear him say it. Please, lets start some real threads about the current packers.

SamG187
07-07-2008, 12:25 AM
I just cant picture the Packers sending him somewhere in the NFC making the team that he goes to an instant contender...I can see them sending him to the AFC and hope he gets knocked out by the Pats or Colts or something

uncfan44
07-07-2008, 08:26 AM
im so sick of all these "favre to..." threads or anything related about favre coming back until i hear him say it. Please, lets start some real threads about the current packers.

i understand your point but started this tread not BC i think ne of this is happening, but just interested to hear peoples responces. plus not much goin on in football besides this the past week. the same articles have been on espn for like a week, so that leaves little to talk about lol. anyway thanks for your imput....:)

Mziolkow
07-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Send him to the viqueens for 3 firsts and 4 seconds... and maybe AP.

(I know its a stupid post, but short of a deal like this i would never want to see him go soewhere in the division!)