PDA

View Full Version : Sabathia

goldglove212
07-05-2008, 04:21 PM
does he get traded? if so where? and for who?

Ragun
07-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I doubt it...

phillyphan4ever
07-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Brewers, Phils are in the running as well, so they should be in the poll

goldglove212
07-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Brewers, Phils are in the running as well, so they should be in the poll

the brewers are

phillyphan4ever
07-05-2008, 04:42 PM
the brewers are

i no, i said i voted for the brewers, but phils should be there

TriberForLifer
07-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Brewers.

For LaPorta, Cabrera and a low-level prospect.

goldglove212
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
so put somewhere else

GHGHCP
07-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I hope NedCo doesn't do something stupid...

Joba Rules!!
07-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Brew Crew

Tragedy
07-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I hope NedCo doesn't do something stupid...
Like give up Matt Kemp + anything else for a rent-a-player? Yeah, lets hope he doesn't do that.

I think C.C. stays put, and then moves on to a new home for a LOT of money next year.

Joba Rules!!
07-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Like give up Matt Kemp + anything else for a rent-a-player? Yeah, lets hope he doesn't do that.

I think C.C. stays put, and then moves on to a new home for a LOT of money next year.

New York ;)

Tragedy
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM
New York ;)
I wouldn't be too shocked. Either NY teams (Yankees are more likely) or the Cubs are my best bet on where he'll end up next year.

DamnGoat
07-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Though the Brewers rumors seem legit, I just can't see them giving up so much for a guy that's going to make 12-14 starts and then sign with the Yankees next year.

sanfranfan1210
07-05-2008, 06:22 PM
I think he goes to the Brewers

BADizzleBoY
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Phillies? Where are they?

Tragedy
07-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Phillies? Where are they?
I don't think anyone believes they'll trade for him.....:shrug:

Joba Rules!!
07-05-2008, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't be too shocked. Either NY teams (Yankees are more likely) or the Cubs are my best bet on where he'll end up next year.

With all of the cash the Yanks have coming off the books, and the fact that Giambi will probably be re-signed by them (eliminating the need for Tex) I would doubt him going to any other team.

Joba Rules!!
07-05-2008, 06:26 PM

Bing to the o

Tragedy
07-05-2008, 06:29 PM
With all of the cash the Yanks have coming off the books, and the fact that Giambi will probably be re-signed by them (eliminating the need for Tex) I would doubt him going to any other team.
It really is a perfect fit, isn't it?

The Yankees have cash out of their *** coming off the books, and a priority for them should be to bring in ONE good pitcher (Because next year, they'll have Wang, Joba, and a healthy Hughes to start the rotation). C.C. seems like the most perfect fit - Under 30 years old, is a lefty (Always a plus), has won the Cy Young award, eats up innings (Something that Joba and Hughes likely won't do next year; I doubt either hit 200 IP, but who knows), and has proven that he can get it done in the AL.

The Yankees will very likely sign him. I'd be surprised to see him end up in a different state, although, as I said, the Cubs will probably have serious interest.

Joba Rules!!
07-05-2008, 06:30 PM
It really is a perfect fit, isn't it?

The Yankees have cash out of their *** coming off the books, and a priority for them should be to bring in ONE good pitcher (Because next year, they'll have Wang, Joba, and a healthy Hughes to start the rotation). C.C. seems like the most perfect fit - Under 30 years old, is a lefty (Always a plus), has won the Cy Young award, eats up innings (Something that Joba and Hughes likely won't do next year; I doubt either hit 200 IP, but who knows), and has proven that he can get it done in the AL.

The Yankees will very likely sign him. I'd be surprised to see him end up in a different state, although, as I said, the Cubs will probably have serious interest.

I think the only question was him wanting to stay in Cleveland, but after this year, I think that possibility is looong gone.

GHGHCP
07-05-2008, 06:31 PM

Yeah I heard that on ESPN... sigh.. lets give up a starting outfielder and future CF with tons of potential for a pitcher when we have the best ERA in the NL... when we need more.. power. :sigh:

Kemp really sucks, he isn't hitting 20 bombs, batting .330 and has 20 steals yet! trade him now! It surely wasn't the slew of useless vets that NedCo signed that put us in this position. Its all the kids fault, they don't listen, they are immature, blah blah blah, man I hate the media sometimes. I swear I'm going to go nuts if we make a stupid trade.

Tragedy
07-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Yeah I heard that on ESPN... sigh.. lets give up a starting outfielder and future CF with tons of potential for a pitcher when we have the best ERA in the NL... when we need more.. power. :sigh:

Kemp really sucks, he isn't hitting 20 bombs, batting .330 and has 20 steals yet! trade him now! It surely wasn't the slew of useless vets that NedCo signed that put us in this position. Its all the kids fault, they don't listen, they are immature, blah blah blah, man I hate the media sometimes. I swear I'm going to go nuts if we make a stupid trade.
I agree with everything you said.

I've been a fan of the Dodgers, so I understand your anger. Why sign Jones? And little Juan Pierre? Why sign him? They need to just allow Kemp, Loney, and Either get 500 at bats RIGHT NOW. They've proven themselves as much as they can; What else can they do? If they give them consistent at bats ALL season long, they'll surely reach some of the potential that we've heard about from these guys.

While C.C. is certainly a good pitcher, he's not worth it. I think the only way the Dodgers should/would mortgage the future is if C.C. were under contract BEYOND 2008. Since he's not, I can't see the Dodgers landing him.

L-MiLLZ44
07-05-2008, 06:36 PM

if andruw jones did his ****ing job u guys wouldn't be saying u need more power .... kemp, loney, and the rest of the kids will develop power w/ experience and age, u guys have a pretty solid core if u just hang in there u might be able to catch the diamondbacks by the end of the week

GHGHCP
07-05-2008, 06:44 PM
I agree with everything you said.

I've been a fan of the Dodgers, so I understand your anger. Why sign Jones? And little Juan Pierre? Why sign him? They need to just allow Kemp, Loney, and Either get 500 at bats RIGHT NOW. They've proven themselves as much as they can; What else can they do? If they give them consistent at bats ALL season long, they'll surely reach some of the potential that we've heard about from these guys.

While C.C. is certainly a good pitcher, he's not worth it. I think the only way the Dodgers should/would mortgage the future is if C.C. were under contract BEYOND 2008. Since he's not, I can't see the Dodgers landing him.

After reading yet another Bill Plaschke article the other day ripping our kids it has gotten to the point where I don't understand anymore. How Juan ****in Pierre gets away with leading off with his low 70s OPS+ and horrible defensive play is beyond me. The only reason why we are even in this division is because of those kids.

The LA media is useless and should stick to covering the Lakers.

GHGHCP
07-05-2008, 06:48 PM
if andruw jones did his ****ing job u guys wouldn't be saying u need more power .... kemp, loney, and the rest of the kids will develop power w/ experience and age, u guys have a pretty solid core if u just hang in there u might be able to catch the diamondbacks by the end of the week

Oh trust me bro, you're preaching to the choir there. I love our young core and know we got something special on our hands(thank you Logan White). I just don't want NedCo to trade away our future for rental players or useless vets.

We need to lock him in a car trunk or something.

sixer04fan
07-05-2008, 07:28 PM
everyone's just afraid the phils will get him... watch out everyone.

Ph1lly Diehard
07-05-2008, 11:17 PM
If the Phillies get him I feel bad for anyone that has to face Hamels and Sabathia in the same series.

theLgndKllr35
07-05-2008, 11:35 PM

Bing to the o

I forgot you guys don't get news outside of your cities. :D
Anyways if you check out the Phils forum, there is a thread specific to the topic. The Phils are very much in the running, as Gillick has stated.

BriereIsDaBest
07-05-2008, 11:39 PM
According to Buster Olney, the Phillies are very much in the running. He stated tonight on Baseball Tonight, that the Brewers and Phillies are now the frontrunners to land CC. He then stated that the Brewers are out of the running, because Cleveland told them that they want LaPorta and another high end prospect. He also said that the Phillies have offered Greg Golson, Carlos Carrasco, and Adrian Cardenas for CC. Those are basically the Phillies highest three trade pieces currently. We'll see...

JHG722
07-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Phillies.

koldjerky
07-06-2008, 01:09 AM
If the phillies are giving up their 3 best prospects, I don't want him in Philly.

goldglove212
07-06-2008, 01:39 AM
ok ill be honest i didnt know the phillies were serious contenders for him im sorry i shoulda checked it out

¿QUE?
07-06-2008, 02:02 AM
im not trying to sound like a philly hater, but do they have the top legit prospects to get C.C. I don't really know their farm system to well. I know the Brew Crew has high prospects (La Porta, w.e that SS name is), who do the Phillies got that could match that?

Faithdies
07-06-2008, 03:48 AM
Carlos Carrasco - Young pitcher in AA. 4.18 ERA with 89 strikeouts.

Adrian Cardenas(Best player in our system imo) - Real young 2nd baseman in A.
.316 Batting average. Has some pop but is more of a contact hitter.

Greg Golson - Think Michael Bourn with a higher Ceiling and a lot more pop. Oh and he's faster.
Before he injured his wrist he was batting .299 with 7 homeruns.

It's actually a pretty solid package. Carrasco and Golson are almost Major League ready and Cardenas can be fast tracked and in the Majors by next all star break imo. We'll see how this plays out.

At least we'll have Lou Marson after this trade.

johnnylee722
07-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I think they would want to trade him to the NL so he wouldn't be in the same league as the Indians. So I think its down to the Brewers, Mets, Dodgers, and Phillies. I don't think the Mets and Phillies have the players and I think the Brewers are going to go after him harder than the Dodgers will. So I say the Brewers.

GimmeAD
07-06-2008, 12:17 PM
the mets have absolutely no shot at landing cc. neither do the phils really i thought but apparently there is something to it. but the phils have a much better chance then the mets. i think the mets have accepted the fact that they have to settle for a freddy garcia type pick up.

PhillyUD26
07-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Wow if the Brewers are offering Laporta, they are getting CC...but then again they are seriously screwing their future with that. Laporta is a serious prospect who I would never trade for a half year rental of a pitcher...especially when they aren't having the best year.

marlinsfan24
07-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Marlins ;)

jwdaly07
07-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Wow if the Brewers are offering Laporta, they are getting CC...but then again they are seriously screwing their future with that. Laporta is a serious prospect who I would never trade for a half year rental of a pitcher...especially when they aren't having the best year.
We're not screwing our future at all. First of all LaPorta is a Boras player so we're bound to lose him anyway, second we have Gamel and others and just had plenty of high draft picks this year to re-stock our system.

ShinobiNYC
07-06-2008, 01:52 PM
We're not screwing our future at all. First of all LaPorta is a Boras player so we're bound to lose him anyway, second we have Gamel and others and just had plenty of high draft picks this year to re-stock our system.

I may sound harsh but the best thing the Brewers could do is trade Fielder in the off-season for a SP(you will lose Sheets I believe and even if you add CC he'll be a FA), a CF(Cameron will be gone too I believe by FA) and 2 prospects.

Build for the future while the present is still pretty good and keep your best prospect laporta and getting more prospects and mlb-ready players.

Even if you get CC there is no guarantees to win this year.

jwdaly07
07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I may sound harsh but the best thing the Brewers could do is trade Fielder in the off-season for a SP(you will lose Sheets I believe and even if you add CC he'll be a FA), a CF(Cameron will be gone too I believe by FA) and 2 prospects.

Build for the future while the present is still pretty good and keep your best prospect laporta and getting more prospects and mlb-ready players.

Even if you get CC there is no guarantees to win this year.

Cameron has a club option for 2009 so if we want him he stays. We may not want him and if we don't, we have Tony Gwynn Jr.

And trading Fielder would be silly. We have control of him for like 6 years.

nickels2
07-06-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree that the Brewers shouldn't trade for CC, i mean it'd be great to get a premier SP for a team that struggles with pitching, but prospects Matt La Porta and SS Alcides Escobar are too much young talent to give up. Plus Sabathia most likely wont resign with Milwaukee in the off season..they'll already have problems resigning their ace Ben Sheets.

ShinobiNYC
07-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Cameron has a club option for 2009 so if we want him he stays. We may not want him and if we don't, we have Tony Gwynn Jr.

And trading Fielder would be silly. We have control of him for like 6 years.

Who you rather have in 2010 Fielder or Laporta? And don't you agree that the Brewers would be needing SP in 2009 and beyond? That's how a GM thinks.

Brew Crew
07-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I agree that the Brewers shouldn't trade for CC, i mean it'd be great to get a premier SP for a team that struggles with pitching

The Brewers are struggling with pitching? Check pitching stats sine May 20th. We're doing this because we lost Yovani Gallardo and Dave Bush is just inconsistent.

yojoe792
07-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I still think he winds up with the Yanks. The Brewers really can't afford to give him a monster extension like NY can, and I think they can put up the prospects.

UCLADodger
07-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Sabathia is a brewer-

4:15PM EST: CastroTurf, an Indians blog at the MLB Blogs Network, takes Rosenthal's rumor one step further, citing a "Major League source," that says a trade with the Brewers and Indians for C.C. Sabathia has been "completed." If correct, the trade is indeed centered around Double-A outfielder Matt LaPorta, though the other two prospects are not yet named.

Further updates as soon as they are available.

ShinobiNYC
07-06-2008, 04:38 PM
The Brewers better win this year.

yaowowrocket11
07-06-2008, 04:43 PM
The Brewers are rumored to be extremely close to acquiring him, so I chose the Brewers.

Brew Crew
07-06-2008, 05:08 PM
I think they're just waiting til after the game to announce everything. Everything about Sabathia is starting to pick up again.

cwilson21
07-06-2008, 05:25 PM
The Brewers better win this year.

Man I'd be pissed if I was a Brewers fan to trade top specs away to only fail in the 2nd half.

jwdaly07
07-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Man I'd be pissed if I was a Brewers fan to trade top specs away to only fail in the 2nd half.

Is there anything you do besides trash talk Wisconsin teams on here?

The Brewers are already red hot, leading the wildcard and about to add Sabathia. You're right though, we're definitely set up to fail :rolleyes:

chicagofan71
07-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Is there anything you do besides trash talk Wisconsin teams on here?

The Brewers are already red hot, leading the wildcard and about to add Sabathia. You're right though, we're definitely set up to fail :rolleyes:

You're gonna be tied for the WC, not leading

Anyway, being red hot isn't necessarily a good thing though. No offense, but oyu're bound to slow down at some point, and the Cubs will get hot again (I still see you guys taking the division)

jwdaly07
07-06-2008, 06:02 PM
You're gonna be tied for the WC, not leading

Anyway, being red hot isn't necessarily a good thing though. No offense, but oyu're bound to slow down at some point, and the Cubs will get hot again (I still see you guys taking the division)

We're sort of leading it though because we have less losses than the Cards.

chicagofan71
07-06-2008, 06:03 PM
We're sort of leading it though because we have less losses than the Cards.

True, true didn't see that