PDA

View Full Version : I think we need a PG like Kirk Hinrich...

sp1derm00
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
He's a LOT better defensively than Farmar is and probably just as good as Fisher was in his prime. He doesn't take very many shots at all, but can still hit the 3 at a decent rate. I really just like his defensive toughness... and from out PG's who are our 5th options (Kobe=1, Pau=2, Bynum=3, LO=4) we really don't need much aside from defense and a good passer, which Hinrich is.

I would do something like:

LO + Luke + Farmar for Hinrich + Gooden + Thabo

With Gooden, we get a good backup to Pau, and Thabo would provide us with a good defensive minded backup for Kobe in case we don't get Sasha back. I feel that Ariza deserves more minutes and if we had both Sasha and Thabo, Kobe could move the SF for extended periods of time during the season, so our SF spot would be held down pretty nicely. Also, if Posey does accept the full MLE, we can split time between him and Ariza and be VERY well off in the SF position.

Hinrich/Fish
Kobe/Sasha/Thabo
Ariza/Radman
Pau/Gooden
Bynum/Ronny/Mihm

very good 12 man roster, not really any player I wouldn't want to play... we get deeper and a stronger starting 5 at the same time.

I also think the Bulls would do this because LO is a lot better than Gooden, and with both Rose and Hinrich, they're gonna be like the Raptors this season. Farmar would also be a good backup for Rose, replacing Hinrich.

Storch
07-05-2008, 03:14 PM
I think ur giving hinrich and gooden too much credit. LO + farmar > hinrich + gooden.

Due to the bull's need to release hinrich since they have rose, i think we can get hinrich without trading LO. Or if we desperately have to trade LO to the bulls. The lakers can trade hinrich + noah or thomas = LO.

otherwise the lakers would get ripped off.

Hinrich is a good player tho, he will fit in the triangle offense very well. :clap:

IndyFan
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
He's a LOT better defensively than Farmar is and probably just as good as Fisher was in his prime. He doesn't take very many shots at all, but can still hit the 3 at a decent rate. I really just like his defensive toughness... and from out PG's who are our 5th options (Kobe=1, Pau=2, Bynum=3, LO=4) we really don't need much aside from defense and a good passer, which Hinrich is.

. . .

I also think the Bulls would do this because LO is a lot better than Gooden, and with both Rose and Hinrich, they're gonna be like the Raptors this season. Farmar would also be a good backup for Rose, replacing Hinrich.

the bulls have been actively shopping hinrich, gooden, gordon and hughes. i am sure they would trade any two of those to the lakers for lamar.

:)

E-ROC
07-05-2008, 03:39 PM

With Gooden, we get a good backup to Pau, and Thabo would provide us with a good defensive minded backup for Kobe in case we don't get Sasha back. I feel that Ariza deserves more minutes and if we had both Sasha and Thabo, Kobe could move the SF for extended periods of time during the season, so our SF spot would be held down pretty nicely. Also, if Posey does accept the full MLE, we can split time between him and Ariza and be VERY well off in the SF position.

Hinrich/Fish
Kobe/Sasha/Thabo
Ariza/Radman
Pau/Gooden
Bynum/Ronny/Mihm

very good 12 man roster, not really any player I wouldn't want to play... we get deeper and a stronger starting 5 at the same time.

Not a bad trade idea. I really like this one. Kirk Hinrich fits triangle perfectly and plays really good defense. Gooden is a pretty good rebounder and has some junk in his offensive game. Thabo can be a lockdown defender and defend three positions. He can also play three positions. I would do this trade. This is a good well-thought-out trade.

PrymaL
07-05-2008, 05:34 PM
LO and farmer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> gooden and hinrich are you kidding me

cambovenzi
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
never happening.
and for great reasons.
we would open up a hole in our team, for a PG that isnt that good.

John408
07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm just really pissed that the lakers didnt do their best to sign baron Davis. He would be a perfect created for the lakers. It could of worked if they got rid of vujacic, turiaf and Walton.

I think the three guys are terrible. Especially vujacic. He only has 1 good game of every 10. Its annoying cuz he's a liability who shhits too much and can't play d... I know u all saw that in the finals. Letting people drive past him.

Turiaf sucks too.. Shoots too many 20 foot jumpers. Rarely makes them.

Walton; I hate that behind the back pass he does a lot. That's all he can do and can't make a layup.

What u guys think?

DownUnder
07-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry, but you're wrong. Hinrich is a very good point guard and in this style of offence he would be perfect. He has good ballhandling, outside and mid-range shooting skills and he has very good defensive skills. He also has very user firendly decreasing contract.

I too like this trade and don't think we nescessarily need to get a SF in return for Odom. Though this trade would be incumbent on adding another outside shooter through FA (eg: Posey). I would also consider LO for Hinrich and TT and let Ronny go. The D could use some bad ***** on the floor.

myqntab
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
only way we trade lamar to the bulls is if we get hinrich AND nocioni in return

something like this
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1981~2456~3002~617&teams=13~13~4~4&te=2027:4-788&cash=

Fion
07-05-2008, 10:04 PM
hinrich plays defense, ill give him that.

Vegasguy80
07-05-2008, 10:14 PM
What a bad trade that would be. Point guard is not the Lakers issue. Our guards are fine! I don't understand some people's thinking. And then the guy that said he is pissed we didn't go after Davis, HE WAS ON THE MARKET FOR LESS THAN 24 HOURS! I am pretty sure there were talks before he even opted out. And where would we have paid him?

lakersincebirth
07-05-2008, 10:42 PM
hey people stop trading my boys. I and other lakers co-owners are happy with our team. We just got to bring back a healthy bynum and we'll be even better... now that ariza's healthy too.

...if Posey doesnt want to be a poosey and wants to be a laker then he's welcome

...how can u let go of lamar who's willing to take less just as long as he'd be a laker for life?

...the free agency market after next season is much more interesting, that's why we're saving our bargaining chips till then.

...i've also instructed mitch not to take artest seriously since he didnt opt out and we'll just wait till the trading deadline next february.

memo: dr. jerry buss

sp1derm00
07-06-2008, 06:03 AM
What a bad trade that would be. Point guard is not the Lakers issue. Our guards are fine! I don't understand some people's thinking. And then the guy that said he is pissed we didn't go after Davis, HE WAS ON THE MARKET FOR LESS THAN 24 HOURS! I am pretty sure there were talks before he even opted out. And where would we have paid him?

This is a ridiculous statement. Our PG's are not fine. We play in the West, meaning we play in the conference with 5/6 of the top 6 PG's in the league: CP3, Deron, Nash, Kidd, and Davis... ALL on playoff teams (assuming the clippers get Brand back). We all saw how much trouble larger, stronger PG's gave Farmar... we've seen throughout the season how weak Farmar is defensively... and Fish is only getting older. Hinrich is extremely defense focused, passes the ball very well, and can hit 3's... pretty much all we need in a PG... I'd give up Farmar's offensive skills for better defense... we don't need much offensive production from our PG's.

As far as SF's go... sure, we need more help in this area... especially after PP torched Radman and Luke... that's where Ariza and Thabo come in. Both defense orientated, and if Thabo can't guard pierce, he can guard ray allen and leave pierce to Kobe.

In a perfect world, Artest would be the answer for us, but I don't think we'd get equal value from the Kings for him if we traded off LO. I would LOVE Marion for LO, but it's not gonna happen. Therefore, I would opt for moving LO for a better PG and lightening up our SF's. Plus, even if we did trade for Artest, he takes too many shots to fit on our team. He would either take up Kobe's shots or become the second option in terms of number of shots after Kobe to keep up his production. I don't want to risk it.

With Hinrich, we get a very defensive player to help us against the tough PG/PF orientated West. Gooden also brings more toughness to the PF position than either LO or Pau brought.... so even if Bynum comes off the bench behind Pau, Gooden and Pau would be a tougher front line than LO and Pau. In terms of SF's... we played with Radman and Luke for most of the playoffs... getting rid of Luke would be perfect just so PJ doesn't get any crazy ideas about putting him back in when we have Ariza who in EVERY aspect aside from passing, is superior to Luke.

So now that we've established a tougher front court... what does Thabo and Hinrich do for us? Tougher defense at the perimeter. We have all the scoring we can handle... we need no improvements offensively. We need DEFENSE and that's exactly what those two players bring.

We would have a very good 12 man roster with this trade, and with the exception of Mihmbenga (whoever we decide to keep), any player could contribute big on any given night.

sp1derm00
07-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Oh, and if Posey does decide to take the full MLE offer we supposedly want to offer him... we're good at EVERY single position.

Hinrich/Fish
Kobe/Sasha/Thabo
Posey/Ariza/Radman
Pau/Gooden
Bynum/Turiaf

The only move I would make with this team would be to trade Mihm and Radman for another big that could contribute more than Mihm could. Someone like Haslem... which I think might be possible with Miami's needs.

Hinrich/Fish
Kobe/Sasha/Thabo
Posey/Ariza
Pau/Gooden/Haslem
Bynum/Turiaf

gg.

Iceman_9
07-06-2008, 06:19 AM
Im thinking more of a Ron Harper type of a point guard. A defensive gem, can occasionally hit the three and can finish the break.. What about Shaun Livingston?

agapeLAKERS
07-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Im thinking more of a Ron Harper type of a point guard. A defensive gem, can occasionally hit the three and can finish the break.. What about Shaun Livingston?

No reason to take such a huge risk.