PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Enter Maggette Derby

x_notorious
07-05-2008, 02:05 PM
The Warriors still hold Elton Brand as their preferred option, but the front office has reached out to forward Corey Maggette, another Clippers free agent, according to two league sources.

The Warriors are one of the few teams who can offer Maggette more than the mid-level exception, which is expected to be around $5.6 million when the new cap figures are released.

The rest of the NBA's free agent crop is headlined by 76ers forward Andre Iguodala and Hawks forward Josh Smith, though the Warriors are not believed to be courting either restricted free agent at the moment.

Link (http://******.com/src_wiretap_archives/53400/20080705/warriors_enter_maggette_derby/)

bayareafan650
07-05-2008, 02:22 PM
where would maggette even play? monta is a 2 and jackson plays the 3

Kdirt
07-05-2008, 02:24 PM
This is old news. I know we need help, but honestly I dont think Maggette does a whole lot for us for the money we would be giving him. We already have Jackson playing the 3 so Maggette would fill that spot pushing Jackson to the 2 and Monta to point guard. Monta is NOT a point guard, period. Dont tell me hes young and can still mature and lets give him a shot. Save the money, trade Wright or Harrington and/or a pick and get a real point guard.

OneOpportunity
07-05-2008, 03:18 PM
i would much rather us just hold onto the money if we cant get Brand

GiantsNinersW's
07-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Maggette would be such a stupid signing. I really hope they don't sign him just for the sake of signing somebody.

Jimmy3702
07-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Would only sign him for the MLE or if we trade Jackson.

tru_warrior
07-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Rumors have it that Celtics and Spurs are talking to Maggette. If he has a chance to win a championship with either of those two...he aint coming here.

tadmanny
07-05-2008, 08:27 PM
I wouldnt mind maggette, but if were out of the brand race, i would sign okafor or josh smith. we need a big man. with an all star point guard in baron, we werent good enough to compete in the west, or make a huge stride. everytime we played a top 4 team, our biggest weakness was exposed, that being, not having a big man that can guard or put up offensive numbers against the other bigs in the west. baron leaving is def a blessing in disguise. we can rejuvenate our offense by adding someone who can rebound and put the ball on the ground and score. addressing this issue will do wonders for us. all the close games we lost last year are because of poor rebounding and not getting to the free throw line enough. getting a big does both....and i think monta will be able to carry the load at point despite the things that have been said about him this offseason. if you think about it, baron shared the duties with monta and stephen jackson last year. he didnt just bring the ball down court everytime. adding maggette would give us another decent ball handler, so while maggette and jackson are running it down the floor, monta has the freedom to be an offguard. IMO, it will work out if these things that i have said are done.

oracle650
07-05-2008, 09:20 PM
I wouldnt mind maggette, but if were out of the brand race, i would sign okafor or josh smith. we need a big man. with an all star point guard in baron, we werent good enough to compete in the west, or make a huge stride. everytime we played a top 4 team, our biggest weakness was exposed, that being, not having a big man that can guard or put up offensive numbers against the other bigs in the west. baron leaving is def a blessing in disguise. we can rejuvenate our offense by adding someone who can rebound and put the ball on the ground and score. addressing this issue will do wonders for us. all the close games we lost last year are because of poor rebounding and not getting to the free throw line enough. getting a big does both....and i think monta will be able to carry the load at point despite the things that have been said about him this offseason. if you think about it, baron shared the duties with monta and stephen jackson last year. he didnt just bring the ball down court everytime. adding maggette would give us another decent ball handler, so while maggette and jackson are running it down the floor, monta has the freedom to be an offguard. IMO, it will work out if these things that i have said are done.

it could happen. but I wonder does anybody wanna come out here? our owner is prolly scarin the help off LOL:mad::speechless:Hope I'm wrong.

djeller1139
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I say we try desperately to get Maggette and Brand, trade Al and SJ for a good PG and we become instant contenders in the West. IDK who the PG we could get would be. Signing both Maggette would maybe help persuade Brand to sign too, and vice versa. With a good PG, which could be easily obtained with both Al and SJ + we have Randolph and BW which we could trade one, we would become very strong. Maybe the PG would be Billups, which would make us incredibly strong. The only issue with all this is the amount of money the Warriors have to spend, as first priority should be resining Monta and Biedrins.

Thatruth32
07-08-2008, 02:28 PM
yea its old but if we did get him i would see us with a starting lineup like this... its not my choice but if we paid all that to get him this is what i see

monta
jackson
corey
BW
Andris