PDA

View Full Version : Heat planning major move for guard???

GoneGuru
07-05-2008, 05:45 AM
www.hoopsworld.com

theres an article on there talking about the heat planning a major move for a guard? my only question is... WHO THE ***** IS IT!!!

my guess:

kirk hinrich

ray felton

monta ellis

just who the hell is it they are talking about?

Derick713
07-05-2008, 06:48 AM
It's Raymond Felton for the simply reason that the Heat have the assets to make a deal with the Bobcats. The Warriors won't let Ellis go. The Bulls and Heat may not want to help each other out. The Heat doesn't have anyone besides Marion that would interest the Bulls in a deal for Hinrich. The Knicks where close to getting Felton for David Lee in rumors so Larry Brown may like the idea of Haslem. What should take Hinrich and Ellis out off the running is the fact that both should have contracts that go past 2010.

Raymond Felton/Mario Chalmers
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook
Shawn Marion/Dorell Wright
Michael Beasely/Mark Blount
Nazr Mouhammed/Alonzo Mourning

MiamiHeatMafia
07-05-2008, 08:38 AM
I don't care who it is as long as if it's someone good and desent.

marlinsfan24
07-05-2008, 09:03 AM
I don't care who it is as long as if it's someone good and desent.

Agreed, any PG is a major upgrade.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Another day has passed and another potential point guard target apparently has come off the board for the Miami Heat.

This time it was serviceable ex-Bull Chris Duhon, who reportedly agreed to a two-year deal with the New York Knicks. The same kind of deal the Heat is dead set on offering. Which leaves in question just how much interest Miami ever really had in Duhon.

Duhon's deal came a day after another stopgap option, Tyronn Lue, removed the Heat from the list of teams he's considering, which is now down to Phoenix, Dallas and Boston.

Lue's comments came a day after Sacramento's restricted free agent Beno Udrih pledged to re-sign with the Kings, which came a day after similarly restricted Jose Calderon said he's sticking with the Raptors.

All of this window-shopping - only to watch other patrons swoop in and scoop up point guards as if they were on a clearance rack - could only mean one thing for the Heat: Team president Pat Riley and general manager Randy Pfund must be up to something big. I mean huge.

That's as in trade. Or sign-and-trade. Only that could explain why the Heat has bypassed - or has allowed itself to be bypassed by - several economical point guard options when everyone in the NBA knows it is the team's biggest position need.

Anthony_johnson Sure, there are still some uncommitted free agent prospects out there who would fit the Heat's requirement to come cheap and on a short-term basis. By now, you know those names. Keyon Dooling, Carlos Arroyo, Anthony Johnson, Flip Murray, Sebastian Telfair and the like.

No offense to anyone in that group. But who among them would provide significantly more to the Heat than the current options on the roster? Has either Dooling or Arroyo proved to be anymore productive than Banks might be if given similar playing time?

Would the Heat be any better off with Telfair than it would by investing those minutes into the development of promising second-round pick Mario Chalmers, who just might be Rajon Rondo but with a far more effective jumper?

Johnson and Murray might make sense for the Heat because both are veterans who can penetrate and pass but aren't necessarily consistent shooters. Can't blame the Heat for not jumping out of the gate to sign prospects who probably would still be available when NFL training camps are in full swing.

Which brings me back to my point: Don't confuse this inactivity from the Heat for, well, inactivity.

Riley, Randy and crew just might be biding their time. Maybe Stephon Marbury shakes free from New Jamaal_tinsley York by way of a buyout. That might also be the case for Jamaal Tinsley, who also has worn out his welcome in Indiana. Considering the sizable parting pouch they might land, it's possible both would come even cheaper on the open market than a reduced mid-level rate. Plus, they'd command little more than a one-year commitment.

It's not as if Riley hasn't partaken in similar reclamation projects at the point. Remember Jason Williams? How about Gary Payton? Tim Hardaway ring a bell? If not, might Rod Strickland?

I'm not saying that's Riley's route this time. I'm just saying it might not totally be out of the question. Or totally out of left field. Miami was willing to go there with Steve Francis last year before he chose Houston. And Jalen Rose before that.

Kirk_hinrich My guess is that Riley, Randy and crew have something bigger up their sleeves. That they're waiting on what might happen with Kirk Hinrich in Chicago or Kyle Lowry in Memphis or Andre Miller in Philly or even Monta Ellis in Oakland. As long as Shawn Marion's expiring $17.8 million contract is in play like the last Ace you'd have in the old War card game, there's still the possibility of a major Heat move and makeover.

If Riley and Randy are in midseason form at anything right now, it's misdirection and smoke-screening. A week ago, they had the NBA world thinking Dwyane Wade might be traded and Beasley might be bypassed. We saw just how that all worked out.

So don't mistake this lack of free agent movement from the Heat for inaction by the Heat. The guess here is that it very well might prove to be the very opposite.

Miami Herald Link (http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2008/07/the-point-of-gu.html)

king j.a.l.
07-05-2008, 10:14 AM
well I feel like the guy that wrote this article was reading my mind bcuz yesterday I was say the same thing that the heat has been 2 quiet and I feel that they are working on something big. I think that if they do anything it's going to be for someone big and the biggest player out there right now in my opinion is Monta Ellis.

Now i'm in support of the heat holding there money for 2010 season but I think that pat is going to try and maybe front load the contract so that they may still have a chance at 1 of the FA's that year. Don't be surprised if the heat end up getting him. knowing pat I kind of expect nothing less from him.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 10:16 AM
I think they are waiting for marbury... a career 20/8 guy that sill has gas in the tank...fills wade's request for another ball-handler...veteran guy...and would sign a 1-2 year deal which fits with Pats thinking...

flashfan
07-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Do you really feel the Heat should be looking so hard for a PG right now? Personally I feel the more pressing need is at C and would be more open to the heat making a blockbuster trade for a C if it is at all possible. The only reason I say this is I feel that both Marcus Banks and Mario Chalmers should have an opportunity to prove themselves as capable starting PG's. I know Banks has had an opportunity before but if he doesn't work out maybe Chalmers will and if both fail can't we try to trade for a PG at the trading deadline?

daleja424
07-05-2008, 10:18 AM
we need a PG /c wade wants one. We can find a stop gap at C in free agency but there aren't very many FA PG's that will do what wade needs them to do...

That said I think they wont trade for a PG. I have a feeling they will be watching as players are released...

daleja424
07-05-2008, 10:23 AM
What if we could trade for Starbury and unload some contracts???

Blount/Haslem/Banks for Starbury???

...I know we could probably just pick him up off waivers... but why not trade for him like this so we have like 40 mil in cap space next summer...

flashfan
07-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I was kinda thinking like what the celtics did with Rondo.... They gave him an opportunity to prove himself as a starting PG and took it with both hands. I just feel the Heat should give our two PG's a chance to prove themselves. Sure you can get a decent PG but then what was the point of drafting Chalmers? Whatever happens I have full faith in Pat Riley lol

daleja424
07-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Wade is complaining tho. we need to make him happy

flashfan
07-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Fair enough I just hate when we have players that don't have an opportunity to prove themselves as starters such as Dorell Wright, and Chalmers... but you're right we gotta keep D-Wade happy even though he himself was given that opportunity his rookie season to start

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I think they are waiting for marbury... a career 20/8 guy that sill has gas in the tank...fills wade's request for another ball-handler...veteran guy...and would sign a 1-2 year deal which fits with Pats thinking...

I agree, I think they're waiting to see what happens with Stephon Marbury...Call me crazy if you want but I think he gives us the best chance to contend this upcoming season unless we were able to snag Monta Ellis without loosing one of our big three which I highly doubt (same goes for Kirk Hinrich)...Marbury is still a very effective playmaker and can knock down outside shots, he's a veteran PG like daleja said who still has gas in the tank--He's very capable of being our floor general...

Rolla
07-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I agree, I think they're waiting to see what happens with Stephon Marbury...Call me crazy if you want but I think he gives us the best chance to contend this upcoming season unless we were able to snag Monta Ellis without loosing one of our big three which I highly doubt (same goes for Kirk Hinrich)...Marbury is still a very effective playmaker and can knock down outside shots, he's a veteran PG like daleja said who still has gas in the tank--He's very capable of being our floor general...

I AGREE 100%

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 12:26 PM
Fair enough I just hate when we have players that don't have an opportunity to prove themselves as starters such as Dorell Wright, and Chalmers... but you're right we gotta keep D-Wade happy even though he himself was given that opportunity his rookie season to start

They do get an opportunity, in practice. Thats where it starts--in practice, they wouldn't just bench a player for no reason especially if he's good...And you can't use D-Wade as an example, he was a lottery pick who came right in and contributed--he led us to the 2nd rd. of the playoffs in his rookie season, if Wright was capable of that we wouldn't be having these discussion...

Kimbosliced
07-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Hmm, I like Marbury's game a lot. However, doesn't he have problems with chemistry? Isn't he hard to work with?

daleja424
07-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes he is... thats why would only sign him short term. If it doesn't ork then no big deal, we will still have banks and chalmers. If it does work then we are contenders...its worth the risk...

BALLER71
07-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Marbury can still put up 18 PPG.
I would like to have him here.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Marbury can still put up 18 PPG.
I would like to have him here.

to be honest... im more interested in the 8 assists

BullsNumber1Fan
07-05-2008, 01:08 PM
What about this deal:

Bulls Get-
Shawn Marion

Heat Get-
Kirk Hinrich
Andres Nocioni (Replacement for Marion who could score 15+ PPG if given chance)

Heat Lineup:
PG Kirk Hinrich/Mario Chalmers
SG D. Wade/Ricky Davis(If re-signed)
SF Andres Nocioni/Dorell Wright
PF Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem
C Mark Blount/Alonzo Morning

Bulls Lineup:
PG Derrick Rose/Larry Hughes
SG Ben Gordon/Thabo Sefolosha
SF Luol Deng/Tyrus Thomas
PF Shawn Marion/Drew Gooden
C Joakim Noah/Aaron Gray

This gives both teams to compete and go far in the East. You guys would also have other trade options with Udonis Haslem to try to net a C. What do you guys think?

daleja424
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM
ehhhh... not so much. its close but I just dont like Noc at all... Id rather have Hinrich and either noah, thomas, or deng...

BullsNumber1Fan
07-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Alright, just seeing what you guys thought!:D

daleja424
07-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Alright, just seeing what you guys thought!:D

Its cool. i dont mind talking trades like that. Its the foolish ones that other bulls fans were coming up with that got annoying. That trade is close to fair though so I dont mind discussing it. It is actually very fair... i just dont like Noc is all... just a personal thing maybe...

twissst89
07-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Wade wants a pennetrator and their isnt a better pennetrator then Monta.

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 01:39 PM
Hmm, I like Marbury's game a lot. However, doesn't he have problems with chemistry? Isn't he hard to work with?

Chemistry is not the problem so stop saying that, when you have a lockroom full of people who want to win, and have always won, that can very well change Marburys Mindset. In the Other hand, When your in new york and your locker room is full of a bunch of losers, and people like Zach, what do you expect. Marbury is moving from a UGGLY Locker room into, a Winning Mindset locker room. With people like, Haslem,Marion,Wade,Beasley,Mario,Wright,Zo, That have won most of there career. They should put him in the right Direction. Besides Marbury isnt a bad person, you dont sell your shoes for 10$ in new york for low income Familys for no reason.

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Wade wants a pennetrator and their isnt a better pennetrator then Monta.

Look up Marbury Mix tapes on youtube, and compare games with them two.
Besides Marbury Avg. though out his career 8ast. Ellis is what 3ast or something, Ellis is a Shoot first Guard, thats what i dont like about him, Also Golden State isnt going to trade him now that they lost Baron.

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 01:45 PM
What about this deal:

Bulls Get-
Shawn Marion

Heat Get-
Kirk Hinrich
Andres Nocioni (Replacement for Marion who could score 15+ PPG if given chance)

Heat Lineup:
PG Kirk Hinrich/Mario Chalmers
SG D. Wade/Ricky Davis(If re-signed)
SF Andres Nocioni/Dorell Wright
PF Michael Beasley/Udonis Haslem
C Mark Blount/Alonzo Morning

Bulls Lineup:
PG Derrick Rose/Larry Hughes
SG Ben Gordon/Thabo Sefolosha
SF Luol Deng/Tyrus Thomas
PF Shawn Marion/Drew Gooden
C Joakim Noah/Aaron Gray

This gives both teams to compete and go far in the East. You guys would also have other trade options with Udonis Haslem to try to net a C. What do you guys think?

No i dont want that White boy give me deng, and Kirk. I hate Nocioni. He sucks.

twissst89
07-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Look up Marbury Mix tapes on youtube, and compare games with them two.
Besides Marbury Avg. though out his career 8ast. Ellis is what 3ast or something, Ellis is a Shoot first Guard, thats what i dont like about him, Also Golden State isnt going to trade him now that they lost Baron.

I luv Marbury but i dont think we cud afford him. Also i want Ellis cus he can be here long term. I dont wana just look at Ellis's stats on assists cus thats just the way they play. In miami he knows his role wud be different and i think he cud make that transition.

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I luv Marbury but i dont think we cud afford him. Also i want Ellis cus he can be here long term. I dont wana just look at Ellis's stats on assists cus thats just the way they play. In miami he knows his role wud be different and i think he cud make that transition.

True, i really dont care which PG the Heat get as long as Hes a Good PG and Good Defender.

twissst89
07-05-2008, 02:59 PM
If we eat 2 bad contracts that New Jersey has we can add 2 nice cheap players that can start for the next 10 years and deepen our bench. Does any 1 think New jersey wud do
Marion
For
Sean Williams, Marcus Williams, Bobby Simmons, and Trenton Hassel

I wudnt mind putting Sean Williams at center

Marcus Williams/Chalmmers/Quinn
Wade/Cook
Wright/Simmons
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Sean Williams/Anthony

daleja424
07-05-2008, 03:05 PM
If we eat 2 bad contracts that New Jersey has we can add 2 nice cheap players that can start for the next 10 years and deepen our bench. Does any 1 think New jersey wud do
Marion
For

Wade/Cook
Wright/Simmons
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Sean Williams/Anthony

not bad... but they wont do that... they have no reason

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Marion
For

Wade/Cook
Wright/Simmons
Beasley/Haslem/Lasme
Sean Williams/Anthony

I really dont like Marcus Williams as a PG, But i do like Sean Williams Alot, i dont think he can play Center but Im pretty sure that, when we play small, he can play Center during the game.

twissst89
07-05-2008, 03:10 PM
not bad... but they wont do that... they have no reason

It clears 15 mil off next year. They already wana trade Marcus Williams. Their loaded at the powere foward positon with Boone, Kristic, Lopez, Yi, Anderson, and Swift. They dont got anyone to play the Sf postion if Carter plays the 2.

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 03:21 PM

Why not?

daleja424
07-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Why not?

well it is entirely possible that somebody will throw the full MLE at him... in which case i doubt Pat would do it unless Brown or someone took the vet min...

twissst89
07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Why not?

Hes not goin to take 5 mil from 20 mil

daleja424
07-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Hes not goin to take 5 mil from 20 mil

1) he is going to have too... b/c Philly and GS probably wont sign him and no one else has money

2) he is going to get paid that 20 mil either way so he would play cheap this year

...I expect him to get the full MLE like Duhon... something like 2/12

twissst89
07-05-2008, 03:31 PM
1) he is going to have too... b/c Philly and GS probably wont sign him and no one else has money

2) he is going to get paid that 20 mil either way so he would play cheap this year

...I expect him to get the full MLE like Duhon... something like 2/12

I think they will. They really need a point.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I think they will. They really need a point.

they are looking for good young talent to pair with their youngsters. They arent looking for a guy like marbury. plus by the time NY releases marbury GS will probably have already spent all their coin...

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 03:36 PM
well it is entirely possible that somebody will throw the full MLE at him... in which case i doubt Pat would do it unless Brown or someone took the vet min...

Daleja For the last time man, You cant use the VET MIN on him, it can only be used on someone that been in this league for over 10 seasons. So stop saying to use the Vet min on Brown. Unless you mean PJ.Brown which i dont think you do.

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 03:43 PM
IMO....I would like either maubury, Ellis, Mo, or Kirk!....But I aslo think that the heat should do some kind of trade or S/T Whatever, to get a pg and a center?

Any suggestion???......We can kill two birds with one stone!:D

twissst89
07-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Daleja For the last time man, You cant use the VET MIN on him, it can only be used on someone that been in this league for over 10 seasons. So stop saying to use the Vet min on Brown. Unless you mean PJ.Brown which i dont think you do.

Marbury was drafted in 96.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 03:46 PM

Koopa for the last time... your wrong! anybody can agree to a minimum contract. what do you think we were paying quinn, alexander, anthony, etc last year?!?

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Delaja is right on this one!:mad:

twissst89
07-05-2008, 03:50 PM
It clears 15 mil off next year. They already wana trade Marcus Williams. Their loaded at the powere foward positon with Boone, Kristic, Lopez, Yi, Anderson, and Swift. They dont got anyone to play the Sf postion if Carter plays the 2.

Isnt that enough reason for them. And this kills 2 birds with one stone for us. Even 3 cus we deepen our bench.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 03:55 PM

daleja424
07-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Isnt that enough reason for them. And this kills 2 birds with one stone for us. Even 3 cus we deepen our bench.

I dont think they want the cap space... they want it in 2010 which they will get bc both contracts run out then. So they are basically trading 2 of their young guys for a one year rental...

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I forgot Marbury and Marion played together at Phoenix so they're familiar with each other...

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Guys it clearly says that wade want's a penatrator and someone that can create for themself's? What come's to my mind is....

Maubury
Ellis
Mo williams
and maybe felton????

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 04:11 PM
OH MY GOD!!! THAT'S RIGHT!!:clap::clap:

I forgot Marbury and Marion played together at Phoenix so they're familiar with each other...

daleja424
07-05-2008, 04:16 PM
and in 2 years with Steph marion was just as productive as with nash...

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Yes! I just looked at the stats that year steph avg 22ppg and 7.8app and marion avg 21ppg and 9rpg......am trying to find some highlight's of them together that year on youtube.

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 04:23 PM
It's nice to think we're going to make a major move, but I'll believe it when I see it. Riley has pissed away enough opportunities over the years and made enough bad decisions that I have zero confidence in what the organization is doing.

There's clearly a power struggle now, with Riley bowing to majority opinion. Lost in the shuffle is the ability to make clear decisions (which is why, in my opinion, no draft day trades were made and why so many Free Agents have already been signed).

The Miami Heat front office is a mess.

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Someone is having a bad day? Thank you Cpt. Buzzkill:rolleyes:

It's nice to think we're going to make a major move, but I'll believe it when I see it. Riley has pissed away enough opportunities over the years and made enough bad decisions that I have zero confidence in what the organization is doing.

There's clearly a power struggle now, with Riley bowing to majority opinion. Lost in the shuffle is the ability to make clear decisions (which is why, in my opinion, no draft day trades were made and why so many Free Agents have already been signed).

The Miami Heat front office is a mess.

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Yes! I just looked at the stats that year steph avg 22ppg and 7.8app and marion avg 21ppg and 9rpg......am trying to find some highlight's of them together that year on youtube.

It seems like he's our best option...And with him I really think we can make some noise in the east...

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Someone is having a bad day? Thank you Cpt. Buzzkill:rolleyes:

I think it's a greater buzz kill to go through day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, hearing about all these great players we COULD have a chance at getting, who ARE free agents, who the Miami Heat DO need, then having to suffer in horror at each and every case where the front office does nothing to obtain them.

B2B
07-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Their is no link or source but a poster on a Raptor forum said his friend who also predicted the O'Neal trade before it happened suggested that the Raps were trading Parker for Felton. First thought that came to mind was why would the Raps trade a SG a position in which they r weak for a PG in Felton. The second thought was there r a few teams trading wing players who r in need of a PG which to me would suggest a possible 3 way trade involving the Raps. The 3 teams that come to mind who r in need of a PG {Denver,Miami, & Sacremento}.

My trade proposal:

Miami Needs

- A Point Guard
- A Centre

Charlotte Needs

- An offensive Big
- More talent

Toronto Needs

- Tough defensive wing player

http://hoopshype.com/market_center.htm

Miami Trades

Shawn Marion
Salary: $17,810,000 Years Remaining: 1

Marcus Banks
Salary: $4,260,000 Years Remaining: 3

Daequan Cook
Salary: $1,273,200 Years Remaining: 1

Charlotte Trades

Nazr Mohammed
Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 3

Raymond Felton
Salary: $4,148,715 Years Remaining: 1

Jared Dudley
Salary: $1,222,320 Years Remaining: 1

Jermareo Davidson
Salary: $711,517 Years Remaining: 1

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani
Salary: $5,176,440 Years Remaining: 1

Jason Kapono
Salary: $5,784,480 Years Remaining: 2

Anthony Parker
Salary: $4,550,000 Years Remaining: 1

Miami Recieves

Jared Dudley

Raymond Felton

Jason Kapono

Nazr Mohammed

Charlotte Recieves

Marcus Banks

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Toronto Receives

Jermareo Davidson

Minimum Salary Exception allowed trade to be successful

Shawn Marion

Daequan Cook

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2010~635~2165~3196~510~31 99~3201~2753~568&teams=30~14~30~30~28~28~28~14~14~14&te=&cash=

Why for Miami?.

- Miami needs a PG they get (Felton)
- Miami needs a C they get (Mohammed)
- (Kapono) gives Miami that 3 point threat they were missing last year
- (Dudley) solid role player
- Heat retain their cap flexibility for 2010 & remove (Banks) contract freeing another 4 mil towards that offseason.

Why for Charlotte?.

- Charlotte needs an offensive big (Bargnani) is just that & is loaded with potential so they also get a talent upgrade despite his sophmore season.
- (Parker) gives stability in the back court
- (Banks) although Miami wanted to move him replaces (Felton) allowing them to aquire (Bargnani) the offensive big.

Why for Toronto?.

- Raps get their tough defensive wing player (Marion)
- Raps also get role players to fill out the rest of the roster being so close to luxury tax in (Cook) & (Davidson)

Final product for all teams

Miami

Mohammed/Anthony/Blount
Beasley/Haslem/Powell
Wright/Kapono/Dudley
Wade/Davis/Quin
Felton/J.Williams/Chalmers

Charlotte

Okafor/Hollins/Ajinca
Bargnani/May/Harrington
Wallace/Morrison/Anderson
Richardson/Parker/Carroll
Boykins/Banks/Augustin

Toronto

O'Neal/Jawai/?
Bosh/Humphries/Davidson
Marion/Moon/?
Delfino/Cook/Adams
Calderon/Ukic/?

A side note for those who might not like parting with Marion. Marion entering 09 will be a free agent & he's going to want to demand max money, Miami will not want to do that because it will cut into their chances of possibly getting one of either Bosh or Lebron in 2010 so trading him makes sense in this aspect, seeing that the Heat get both a PG & C without affecting their cap for 2010.

Heat possible lineup in 2010

Option 1

Mohammed
Beasley
James
Wade
Felton

Option 2

Mohammed
Bosh
Beasley
Wade
Felton

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I understand what your saying......But I feel alot of anger coming out of you:mad: Would you like to talk about it:confused:

I think it's a greater buzz kill to go through day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, hearing about all these great players we COULD have a chance at getting, who ARE free agents, who the Miami Heat DO need, then having to suffer in horror at each and every case where the front office does nothing to obtain them.

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Their is no link or source but a poster on a Raptor forum said his friend who also predicted the O'Neal trade before it happened suggested that the Raps were trading Parker for Felton. First thought that came to mind was why would the Raps trade a SG a position in which they r weak for a PG in Felton. The second thought was there r a few teams trading wing players who r in need of a PG which to me would suggest a possible 3 way trade involving the Raps. The 3 teams that come to mind who r in need of a PG {Denver,Miami, & Sacremento}.

My trade proposal:

Miami Needs

- A Point Guard
- A Centre

Charlotte Needs

- An offensive Big
- More talent

Toronto Needs

Miami Trades

Shawn Marion

Marcus Banks

Daequan Cook

Charlotte Trades

Nazr Mohammed

Raymond Felton

Jared Dudley

Jermareo Davidson

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Anthony Parker

Miami Recieves

Jared Dudley

Raymond Felton

Jason Kapono

Nazr Mohammed

Charlotte Recieves

Marcus Banks

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Toronto Receives

Jermareo Davidson

Shawn Marion

Daequan Cook

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2987~2010~635~2165~3196~510~31 99~3201~2753~568&teams=30~14~30~30~28~28~28~14~14~14&te=&cash=

Why for Miami?.

- Heat retain their cap flexibility for 2010 & remove (Banks) contract freeing another 4 mil towards that offseason.

Why for Charlotte?.

- Charlotte needs an offensive big (Bargnani) is just that & is loaded with potential so they also get a talent upgrade despite his sophmore season.
- (Banks) although Miami wanted to move him replaces (Felton) allowing them to aquire (Bargnani) the offensive big.

Why for Toronto?.

- Raps also get role players to fill out the rest of the roster being so close to luxury tax in (Cook) & (Davidson)

Miami

Mohammed/Anthony/Blount
Beasley/Haslem/Powell
Wright/Kapono/Dudley
Wade/Davis/Quin

Charlotte

Okafor/Hollins/Ajinca
Bargnani/May/Harrington
Boykins/Banks/Augustin

Toronto

O'Neal/Jawai/?
Bosh/Humphries/Davidson
Marion/Moon/?
Delfino/Cook/Adams
Calderon/Ukic/?

A side note for those who might not like parting with Marion. Marion entering 09 will be a free agent & he's going to want to demand max money, Miami will not want to do that because it will cut into their chances of possibly getting one of either Bosh or Lebron in 2010 so trading him makes sense in this aspect, seeing that the Heat get both a PG & C without affecting their cap for 2010.

I rather Jamario Moon or Gerald Wallace included...

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 04:47 PM
This one is a tuffy for me, Either way marion still would be off the books after this year is done....and still we can get that big free agent in 2010? I think by keeping him and getting a player like maubury and maybe getting another big in the FA we would be alright?

My trade proposal:

Miami Needs

- A Point Guard
- A Centre

Charlotte Needs

- An offensive Big
- More talent

Toronto Needs

Miami Trades

Shawn Marion

Marcus Banks

Daequan Cook

Charlotte Trades

Nazr Mohammed

Raymond Felton

Jared Dudley

Jermareo Davidson

Toronto Trades

Andrea Bargnani

Jason Kapono

Anthony Parker

Miami Recieves

Jared Dudley

Raymond Felton

Jason Kapono

Nazr Mohammed

Charlotte Recieves

Marcus Banks

Andrea Bargnani

Anthony Parker

Toronto Receives

Jermareo Davidson

Shawn Marion

Daequan Cook

Why for Miami?.

Why for Charlotte?.

Why for Toronto?.

Miami

Mohammed/Anthony/Blount
Beasley/Haslem/Powell
Wright/Kapono/Dudley
Wade/Davis/Quin

Charlotte

Okafor/Hollins/Ajinca
Bargnani/May/Harrington
Boykins/Banks/Augustin

Toronto

O'Neal/Jawai/?
Bosh/Humphries/Davidson
Marion/Moon/?
Delfino/Cook/Adams
Calderon/Ukic/?

Heat possible lineup in 2010

Option 1

Mohammed
Beasley
James
Wade
Felton

Option 2

Mohammed
Bosh
Beasley
Wade
Felton

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Agree!:clap::clap::clap:

B2B
07-05-2008, 04:50 PM

Miami trades

Shawn Marion

Marcus Banks

Charlotte trades

Raymond Felton

Gerald Wallace
Salary: $9,500,000 Years Remaining: 4

Nazr Mohammed

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2165~510~2753~568~1026&teams=30~30~14~14~14&te=&cash=

Problem with this trade is that between Nazr & Wallace Heat will have 15.5 mil that would eat into their chances of getting one of either Lebron or Bosh in 2010 & it would be admitting no longer targeting either of the 2. By trading with the Raps Heat maintain their cap flexibility while getting their C & PG.

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I understand what your saying......But I feel alot of anger coming out of you:mad: Would you like to talk about it:confused:

Hehe, thanks, mate, but it's all good. I'm just desperate to see the Heat back in contention and last year made me sick to my stomach. I thought we had a pretty good team and a bright future before Riley blew it up to get Shaq in a rush to win a championship. Now we're watching D-leaguers and have the worst team in the NBA? Ugh. Meanwhile, Shaq is in Phoenix, Riley is soon gone, and possibly Wade in 2010 if the front office doesn't get it together. You did sense anger, certainly...the kind only a long time fan of South Florida sports can generate :drunk:

BigDaddyKaine
07-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Yea the Heat are planning a major move at guard.... once D Wade can leave he will

B2B
07-05-2008, 05:05 PM
This one is a tuffy for me, Either way marion still would be off the books after this year is done....and still we can get that big free agent in 2010? I think by keeping him and getting a player like maubury and maybe getting another big in the FA we would be alright?

I'm not suggesting it's you're only option there r many options.

Keep in mind everywhere Marbury has played the teams have fallen apart. Why would you want someone who the Knick's want no part of?. Character is of big concern here but I don't know what Riley's stand on character players r but he's an option.

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Yea the Heat are planning a major move at guard.... once D Wade can leave he will

:rimshot:

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Koopa for the last time... your wrong! anybody can agree to a minimum contract. what do you think we were paying quinn, alexander, anthony, etc last year?!?

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Yes i know but then that would come off the Mid-Expection that we have, like if we sign, k.Brown for 1.5 million a year it will come off the Mid-Expection, And since were over the Cap we have 2 Expections the Mid-Expection which is max 6million a year, and the Vet Expection which is 1-2million a year. And if we use are Mid-Expection on Marbury how are you expecting to sign, K.Brown.

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 05:22 PM
He would be just a 1 or 2yr thing.....Its not a long-term thing, in ny anyone can be tormented not because of the city just because of the players they have! Nothing but trouble makers....If he come's to miami it would be a breath of fresh air new faces and alot of winning attitude (wade,zo,marion,chalmers, beasley,pat) are all winners! These can rejuvanate maurbury career????? Again he would only be a temp for our we need to fill.

I'm not suggesting it's you're only option there r many options.

Keep in mind everywhere Marbury has played the teams have fallen apart. Why would you want someone who the Knick's want no part of?. Character is of big concern here but I don't know what Riley's stand on character players r but he's an option.

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 05:24 PM
I have noticed that you go to every forum and hate on everone team and players.....Are you a kobe fan???:rolleyes:

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Stephon Marbury would be a great short-term addition to the Heat, considering there's not much left in Free Agency. He can still play, and post good numbers. As for the so-called risk of adding him to a locker room, this guy has been suffering playing for the lowly Knicks the last few years...if he gets a taste of living in South Beach, I'm certain he'll get his act together for at least a season or two.

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 05:33 PM
I am glad your felling better:D and now your believing? Great point!

Stephon Marbury would be a great short-term addition to the Heat, considering there's not much left in Free Agency. He can still play, and post good numbers. As for the so-called risk of adding him to a locker room, this guy has been suffering playing for the lowly Knicks the last few years...if he gets a taste of living in South Beach, I'm certain he'll get his act together for at least a season or two.

B2B
07-05-2008, 05:36 PM
He would be just a 1 or 2yr thing.....Its not a long-term thing, in ny anyone can be tormented not because of the city just because of the players they have! Nothing but trouble makers....If he come's to miami it would be a breath of fresh air new faces and alot of winning attitude (wade,zo,marion,chalmers, beasley,pat) are all winners! These can rejuvanate maurbury career????? Again he would only be a temp for our we need to fill.

Another aspect of aquiring Marbury let's say for argument sake he works you're still left with Blount at C

Blount---------Mohammed
Haslem--------Haslem
Beasley--------Beasley
Wade----------Wade
Marbury--------Felton

Besides Felton being a lower risk than Marbury, Mohammed fills the need at centre. How will the Heat fill the C need after trading for Marbury's 20 mil contract?.

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Another aspect of aquiring Marbury let's say for argument sake he works you're still left with Blount at C

Blount---------Mohammed
Haslem--------Haslem
Beasley--------Beasley
Wade----------Wade
Marbury--------Felton

Besides Felton being a lower risk than Marbury, Mohammed fills the need at centre. How will the Heat fill the C need after trading for Marbury's 20 mil contract?.

I rather this---

O'Bryant
Beasley
Marion
Wade
Marbury

This line-up is alright with me...

daleja424
07-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Yes i know but then that would come off the Mid-Expection that we have, like if we sign, k.Brown for 1.5 million a year it will come off the Mid-Expection, And since were over the Cap we have 2 Expections the Mid-Expection which is max 6million a year, and the Vet Expection which is 1-2million a year. And if we use are Mid-Expection on Marbury how are you expecting to sign, K.Brown.

your getting it mixed up. If we sign Brown to the min (like 895,000 or something) it doesn't cut into our exception at all... Our exception is used for non min guys...

There is no vet exception... there is the MLE and the BAE (bi annual exception)... then you can sign as many players as you want to the league min...

B2B
07-05-2008, 05:45 PM
O'Bryant
Beasley
Marion
Wade
Marbury

How r you retaining Marion?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=509~2165~510&teams=14~18~18&te=&cash=

If you don't trade Marion you would be making a trade like this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=509~2165~70~2184&teams=14~18~18~18&te=&cash=

Heat r in luxury tax, doing a three for one would be expensive trying to fill the remaining roster spots.

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 05:45 PM
We wont be trading for Marbury, all this talk is if we are assuming that he gets realesed or his contract gets bought out? We would keep marion if we can get marbury since they played together with the suns, or trade marion for a big man and role players? Not sure how it would work out but my bet marbury would have to sign for a 4 or 5mil contract and are line up would look like this?

Marbury/Chalmers
Wade/cook
Marion/Davis?/lasme
Beasley/marion/
Kwame?/Zo

If not then trade marion to the lakers for odom and some fillers!

Marbury
Wade
Odom
Beasley
Kwame

Blount---------Mohammed
Haslem--------Haslem
Beasley--------Beasley
Wade----------Wade
Marbury--------Felton

B2B
07-05-2008, 05:47 PM
We wont be trading for Marbury, all this talk is if we are assuming that he gets realesed or his contract gets bought out? We would keep marion if we can get marbury since they played together with the suns, or trade marion for a big man and role players? Not sure how it would work out but my bet marbury would have to sign for a 4 or 5mil contract and are line up would look like this?

Marbury/Chalmers
Wade/cook
Marion/Davis?/lasme
Beasley/marion/
Kwame?/Zo

Marbury
Wade
Odom
Beasley
Kwame

Is Marbury a free agent?.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Is Marbury a free agent?.

if he gets released he is...

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 05:53 PM
No way should we TRADE for Stephon Marbury; that would be an incredible mistake. My interest and speculation in his acquisition is based purely on the belief that he will be RELEASED by the New York Knicks (leaving him free to sign anywhere, for any amount).

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 05:57 PM
No way should we TRADE for Stephon Marbury; that would be an incredible mistake. My interest and speculation in his acquisition is based purely on the belief that he will be RELEASED by the New York Knicks (leaving him free to sign anywhere, for any amount).

Same here...

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 05:57 PM
No Odom...

B2B
07-05-2008, 05:59 PM

Marbury/Chalmers
Wade/cook
Marion/Davis?/lasme
Beasley/marion/
Kwame?/Zo

Marbury
Wade
Odom
Beasley
Kwame

This article suggests Marion would be moved for a guard which was the reason I posted my trade in this thread.

"My guess is that Riley, Randy and crew have something bigger up their sleeves. That they're waiting on what might happen with Kirk Hinrich in Chicago or Kyle Lowry in Memphis or Andre Miller in Philly or even Monta Ellis in Oakland. As long as Shawn Marion's expiring $17.8 million contract is in play like the last Ace you'd have in the old War card game, there's still the possibility of a major Heat move and makeover."

Riley, Randy and crew just might be biding their time. Maybe Stephon Marbury shakes free from New York by way of a buyout.

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2008/07/the-point-of-gu.html

What happens if that maybe falls through and Marbury doesn't opt out?. What other options r left?

Hinrich - with Duhon signing with the Knick's, he'll remain a Bull.

Lowry - Heat can't trade with Memphis without ****ing up their cap for 2010.

Andre Miller - With Josh Smith about to sign, I can't see them letting their starting PG go.

Monta Ellis - Is rumored to want to play for the Knicks but I also see GS trying hard to retain him with the loss of Baron Davis.

Then what? Marbury is a maybe & a risk even at low cost.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 06:01 PM
This article suggests Marion would be moved for a guard which was the reason I posted my trade in this thread.

"My guess is that Riley, Randy and crew have something bigger up their sleeves. That they're waiting on what might happen with Kirk Hinrich in Chicago or Kyle Lowry in Memphis or Andre Miller in Philly or even Monta Ellis in Oakland. As long as Shawn Marion's expiring $17.8 million contract is in play like the last Ace you'd have in the old War card game, there's still the possibility of a major Heat move and makeover."

Riley, Randy and crew just might be biding their time. Maybe Stephon Marbury shakes free from New York by way of a buyout.

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2008/07/the-point-of-gu.html

What happens if that maybe falls through and Marbury doesn't opt out?. What other options r left?

Hinrich - with Duhon signing with the Knick's, he'll remain a Bull.

Lowry - Heat can't trade with Memphis without ****ing up their cap for 2010.

Andre Miller - With Josh Smith about to sign, I can't see them letting their starting PG go.

Mont Ellis - Is rumored to want to play for the Knicks but I also see GS trying hard to retain him with the loss of Baron Davis.

Then what? Marbury is a maybe & a risk even at low cost.

Lowry thing is not totally true. we could take back lowry, darko, and walker... or they could s/t kwame here instead of darko...

B2B
07-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Lowry thing is not totally true. we could take back lowry, darko, and walker... or they could s/t kwame here instead of darko...

Walker is 9 mil 3ys that reduces the chances of you landing Lebron because he will be on the books for the 2010 free agency. Remember Nets will have money to offer so Heat have to be smart with their contracts and Riley has already admitted in many articles that he was trying to aline his contracts with the 2010 season which makes Walker & Lowry a bad move if you're in the Lebron sweepstakes.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Walker is 9 mil 3ys that reduces the chances of you landing Lebron because he will be on the books for the 2010 free agency. Remember Nets will have money to offer so Heat have to be smart with their contracts and Riley has already admitted in many articles that he was trying to aline his contracts with the 2010 season which makes Walker & Lowry a bad move if you're in the Lebron sweepstakes.

Walker has a team option next year that makes him an expiring deal for anyone he is with next year... go look closer at his contract

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/memphis.htm

B2B
07-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Walker has a team option next year that makes him an expiring deal for anyone he is with next year... go look closer at his contract

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/memphis.htm

What if he picks up that option?. Do you want to take a chance on him possibly not opting out?.

I mean why would Walker opt out of 9 mil when right now nobody really wants him?. If I'm Walker I pickup my option then retire the following year.

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 06:12 PM

Then we're screwed. That's why I got a bit upset earlier, because it seems like another offseason where nothing goes our way thanks to the inept front office. As fans, we like to forget we're in a rebuilding mode, but that's the case thanks to the Shaq era. This franchise won't be competitive for a couple years, at the minimum.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 06:13 PM
What if he picks up that option?. Do you want to take a chance on him possibly not opting out?.

I mean why would Walker opt out of 9 mil when right now nobody really wants him?. If I'm Walker I pickup my option then retire the following year.

Its not his choice. Its a team option... not a player option... It will be completely the Heats decision whether or not they want to keep paying...which they obviously wouldn't

B2B
07-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Then we're screwed. That's why I got a bit upset earlier, because it seems like another offseason where nothing goes our way thanks to the inept front office. As fans, we like to forget we're in a rebuilding mode, but that's the case thanks to the Shaq era. This franchise won't be competitive for a couple years, at the minimum.

Like my trade suggest you wouldn't be screwed but you'll end up offering Marion as part of a trade for a avg to above avg PG.

From the article Miami is biding time for Marbury but if he doesn't opt out you'll still have options they would just be involving Marion & a trade.

B2B
07-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Its not his choice. Its a team option... not a player option... It will be completely the Heats decision whether or not they want to keep paying...which they obviously wouldn't

If that's the case, Lowry would be an option.

Once again I'm not saying Miami doesn't have options but my trade gives the Heat a starting PG in Felton a starting centre in Mohammed all while keeping their cap space for 2010. It's just another option one of many.

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm completely in favor of using Marion in a sign-and-trade because Marion is gone after this season to Free Agency. He's only got one year remaining on his bloated contract and the Heat won't be extending him a long term offer. So, it's either move him now - for just about anything - or lose him after the season and get nothing in return. Miami, so far, seems content to just play him out this season and let him go next summer, perhaps targeting Carlos Loozer in the process. I'm no big fan of Boozer though, and don't think he's worth pinning our hopes on.

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 06:28 PM
I rather this---

O'Bryant
Beasley
Marion
Wade
Marbury

Yeah i want to give O'Bryant a chance hes known for his Blocking and He was a Lottery pick pick 2 years ago, he just had the same Injury that Yao Got on his foot and was never really given a Chance after that. And Marbury, I see everyone is jumping on to the Marbury Wagon, After i was the only one that actually wanted him from the start. :clap::clap:

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm completely in favor of using Marion in a sign-and-trade because Marion is gone after this season to Free Agency. He's only got one year remaining on his bloated contract and the Heat won't be extending him a long term offer. So, it's either move him now - for just about anything - or lose him after the season and get nothing in return. Miami, so far, seems content to just play him out this season and let him go next summer, perhaps targeting Carlos Loozer in the process. I'm no big fan of Boozer though, and don't think he's worth pinning our hopes on.

:laugh2: I got to admit im not a big fan either but he is a solid player though...

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 06:31 PM

He cant play defense for ****. Thats what i dont like about him.

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 06:34 PM
He cant play defense for ****. Thats what i dont like about him.

I haven't notice that but I keep hearing it...:shrug:

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I haven't notice that but I keep hearing it...:shrug:

Why do you think Mr. Gasol had such a good Series vs Utah, but not one vs Spurs or Boston because KG and Duncan were playing defense on him. Boozer was playing defense on him in the Utah series

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Ok, First of all no to walker!!!!! And that wont never happen because riley does'nt like fat :moon:. Now Lowry and kwame would be nice but for haslem not marion, Marbury would be a free agent if he get relased (deleja is right) I think marbury would be a great short-term solution for us???

daleja424
07-05-2008, 06:51 PM
we havent mentioned it lately... but des anyone else think its really wierd that Brand hasn't signed with the clippers yet? I smell a S/T with miami. If he were going back to LA wouldn't he have committed to them already. There has to be something to this S/T business...

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 06:57 PM
we havent mentioned it lately... but des anyone else think its really wierd that Brand hasn't signed with the clippers yet? I smell a S/T with miami. If he were going back to LA wouldn't he have committed to them already. There has to be something to this S/T business...

I was thinking that also but all this talk about him staying with L.A. and Golden State offering him a lucrative deal just shot my hopes down...And Baron Davis says he's certain he'll be playing with Brand so im definitely looking away from Brand...

Mambo Kings
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm not surprised Brand hasn't signed yet. The Clippers have only reached a verbal agreement with Davis; it can't be made official until next week. Once it's in writing, and Brand still hasn't signed...then yes, something else is at work. The Clippers need to do a lot more than sign Baron Davis to become competitive and I'm sure Brand knows it.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 06:59 PM
it just seems so strange to me that it has been 4 days since baron made his intentions known and still brand hasn't said anything... and the heat haven't done anything either... it just seems a little fishy...

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 07:04 PM
it just seems so strange to me that it has been 4 days since baron made his intentions known and still brand hasn't said anything... and the heat haven't done anything either... it just seems a little fishy...

Because Brand is thinking about that 5 year 90million dollar contract, that golden state offered him. Not because the Heat are going to get him. Besides i dont want brand, i want to start Beasley at the 4 spot.

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 07:06 PM

I smell it too, it may not be for brand but I smell something...

kntresistheheat
07-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Hopefully its not another disaster season you smell?????:confused:

I smell it too, it may not be for brand but I smell something...

Master Mind
07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Hopefully its not another disaster season you smell?????:confused:

:laugh2: Naw I smell a contending team...

wadefan03
07-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook

I like this lineup. We are sure to be good we this ineup and get anywhere from the 4th-6th seed. Then after next year our lineup can be:

Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook
Michael Beasley/Dorell Wright
Carlos Boozer/Mark Blount

Obviously because Elton Brand is most likely going to resign with the clippers.

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 04:03 AM
Just a quick question, how can we get Felton? Why would the Bobcats be willing to give him up? Do they already have a nice back up pg in place?

Felton would be nice but it seems like Telfair would be the best option.

daleja424
07-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Just a quick question, how can we get Felton? Why would the Bobcats be willing to give him up? Do they already have a nice back up pg in place?

Felton would be nice but it seems like Telfair would be the best option.

They just passed up a center in Lopez to draft DJ Augustine at #9... ahead of Bayless and a bunch of other PG's. On paper the Cats were set at PG, SG, SF, and PF and Lopez would have filled out their starting lineup...but they still drafted Augustine...leading many to believe they are tired of Felton. A trade for haslem could shift Okafor to center and fill out their lineup again...

I dont want to take back Nazr though... he has 3 years left on his contract though

JackSplack
07-06-2008, 12:38 PM
So far these are what i've heard about the workings of the great personnel chief that is Pat Riley...

1. He's looking at a bargain PG in StarBury!
2. He's looking at a bargain PG in Tinsley!
3. He wants to resign buckets, I mean Davis!
4. He want's a Kwame Brown type center!

I'm a bit fed up...

When Wade's in Chicago in a couple years, we will all know why.

daleja424
07-06-2008, 12:40 PM
ummm... what would you like him to do???

B2B
07-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Here’s a newsflash: Stephon Marbury is a better player than Chris Duhon. Then again, Marbury has been the team’s best point guard since the day he arrived in the ill-fated trade with the Phoenix Suns five years ago. And what has that gotten the Knicks other than a lot of losses and plenty of controversies?

Marbury has been the Knicks franchise player for five years and he has done more to harm the franchise in that time than just about any player in club history. It is time to move on

In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up on Miami or becomes a back-up with San Antonio or Boston.

The uninformed will buy into Marbury’s claim that “this will be my year.” Here’s another newsflash: He’s been saying that for the past five years

Walsh and D’Antoni need to rebuild the roster and improve the chemistry in the locker room. Removing Marbury accomplishes both goals

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2008/07/jettisoning-marbury-is-positiv.html

It looks like Marbury will get moved. The article says Heat have contention with Boston & San Antonio but I would doubt Marbury wants to be a backup even if it's on a contending team.

daleja424
07-06-2008, 12:49 PM
DONE!!!

Marbury/Wade/Marion/Beasley/Hunter is the most well rounded lineup in the East...

gmen2139
07-06-2008, 02:04 PM
It's Raymond Felton for the simply reason that the Heat have the assets to make a deal with the Bobcats. The Warriors won't let Ellis go. The Bulls and Heat may not want to help each other out. The Heat doesn't have anyone besides Marion that would interest the Bulls in a deal for Hinrich. The Knicks where close to getting Felton for David Lee in rumors so Larry Brown may like the idea of Haslem. What should take Hinrich and Ellis out off the running is the fact that both should have contracts that go past 2010.

Dwayne Wade/Daequan Cook

I couldn't agree more

JackSplack
07-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Okay, Marbury on our team makes us WELLROUNDED????

In what way? So now we can say we too have a talented selfish team destroying player to balance out Haslem and Wade?

I love it(feel the sarcsim) when someone says "well what do you want riley to do?" like getting marbury and resigning ricky davis and picking up kwame brown are the ONLY options out there. Just like getting Smush and Penny, and Davis, and Blounts albatross of a contract were the only options last year right?

If the Heats ONLY moves are to sign consistently bad/underperforming players then its a real sad state of affairs in South Beach and then there is no way in hell Wade stays here...The man's been asking for a PG for years and you think Smush Parker and Sephan Marbury are good answers? That's a joke!!

daleja424
07-06-2008, 03:03 PM
dont put steph and smush in the same catagory. Steph is a career 20/8 guy. The dude can play. And he WILL take pressure off wade. what exactly is a better option at PG? And guys like Brown, Hunter, and O'Bryant, while maybe underachievers, have a ton of talent and are worth a little risk...

_Sn1P3r_
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
DONE!!!

Marbury/Wade/Marion/Beasley/Hunter is the most well rounded lineup in the East...

That line-up with a solid bench can be a strong contender.

King Koopa
07-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Okay, Marbury on our team makes us WELLROUNDED????

In what way? So now we can say we too have a talented selfish team destroying player to balance out Haslem and Wade?

I love it(feel the sarcsim) when someone says "well what do you want riley to do?" like getting marbury and resigning ricky davis and picking up kwame brown are the ONLY options out there. Just like getting Smush and Penny, and Davis, and Blounts albatross of a contract were the only options last year right?

If the Heats ONLY moves are to sign consistently bad/underperforming players then its a real sad state of affairs in South Beach and then there is no way in hell Wade stays here...The man's been asking for a PG for years and you think Smush Parker and Sephan Marbury are good answers? That's a joke!!

Man can you shut the hell up, i bet your one of those people that are always watch espn, and listen to all the crap they have to say. I was the first one to ever say that we should get Marbury since the start of the rumors that he might get Released, And the only one that was on the Marbury wagon, Then you people started to understand that the Difference between a line like this.
Banks/Wade/Marion/Beasley/Blount.-----> to this one Marbury/Wade/Marion/Beasley/K.Brown or hunter is a 1-3 seed. Now everyone is jumping right into my Marbury Wagon. And what do you expect riley to do, Trade blount for Kobe or something, you think its easy, being a GM, but its not. He gave us Beasley and Mario which is a underrated PG that hopefully he trues out to be some what of a Rondo but with a way better shot, And your still crying. Heat fans like you make me Wish they traded Wade with all your Stuid comments. Just sit down and Shut up.

JackSplack
07-06-2008, 04:54 PM
what a bunch of whiny b@#%H's you all are!

Marbury and Kwame and we're 1-3 seed.

if all you have to back up your garbage is some played out stats that none of them have achieved on a consistent basis for years, not to mention how when they get their STATS the rest of their team seems to suffer greatly then that's a sad arguement. Marbury was the knicks franchise player for 5 freakn years in the weak east and couldn't even make the playoffs. Keep your bandwagon...

daleja424
07-06-2008, 04:59 PM
with all these rumors surrounding Nocioni, Hinrich, and Marion... what about this trade...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=829~869~3039~3239~3198~1981~24 56~2165~510&teams=14~4~4~14~17~14~17~17~4&te=&cash=

King Koopa
07-06-2008, 05:05 PM

if all you have to back up your garbage is some played out stats that none of them have achieved on a consistent basis for years, not to mention how when they get their STATS the rest of their team seems to suffer greatly then that's a sad arguement. Marbury was the knicks franchise player for 5 freakn years in the weak west and couldn't even make the playoffs. Keep your bandwagon...

I hope we sign Marbury and we make it to one of those 1-3 seeds. So that i can slap you across the face for being Dumb. :pity:

Everyone just Remeber that its JackSplack that said, we wouldnt win with Marbury.

King Koopa
07-06-2008, 05:07 PM
with all these rumors surrounding Nocioni, Hinrich, and Marion... what about this trade...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=829~869~3039~3239~3198~1981~24 56~2165~510&teams=14~4~4~14~17~14~17~17~4&te=&cash=

Why would New Jersey do that, Add more Contracts on to them, and why would, the bulls want another pg, if they just got rid of one.

daleja424
07-06-2008, 05:09 PM
Why would New Jersey do that, Add more Contracts on to them, and why would, the bulls want another pg, if they just got rid of one.

1. The Bulls need a backup PG. They would love to keep Hinrich, but they can;t afford to pay their backup 10 mil a year. Williams is a cheap option for them.

2. NJ wants Nocioni, and they would be taking on 4 mil of salary to do so... hardly a deal breaker... Plus, if they trade Williams they too will need a backup PG, which Banks can be... and they get more young talent in JamesOn Curry...

JackSplack
07-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Okay, by all means take down the notes

I proclaim today that we will not be a 1-3 seed in the improving east with Stephan Marbury and Kwame Brown as our starters.

I feel pretty safe in this prediction.

Cut and paste this and save it in a folder marked "most obvious prediction of the year." Bring it up say, around june next year when the Heat is only on outdoors, but not on TNT.

Keep trying to build this team on the cheap with the refuse of loser teams, see where it gets you.

King Koopa
07-06-2008, 05:18 PM
i Rather take the risk on a proven player. And what trades do you think we should make then Jack since, you just dont find a way to shut it up.

King Koopa
07-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Okay, by all means take down the notes

I proclaim today that we will not be a 1-3 seed in the improving east with Stephan Marbury and Kwame Brown as our starters.

I feel pretty safe in this prediction.

Cut and paste this and save it in a folder marked "most obvious prediction of the year." Bring it up say, around june next year when the Heat is only on outdoors, but not on TNT.

Keep trying to build this team on the cheap with the refuse of loser teams, see where it gets you.

O no i forgot, that i rather start a person whos never played, in the NBA as are PG, instead of a Career 20/8 Player. Because dont worry that a person like that wont Improve are team at aaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll.

JackSplack
07-06-2008, 05:53 PM
Did I say start chalmers??

Did you guys read something between the lines?

See, that's the problem with you all, it's either marbury or chalmers, no inbetween. It's either kwame brown or blount, no other possible option. I beleive on another thread I said that starting chalmers right off the bat probably wouldn't work because wade wants pg help and chalmers (no matter how good he could be) is still an unproven rookie. There IS hinrich, there WAS tj ford and calderon, chris duhon WAS available for a 2yr contract to stopgap till 2010, Ellis IS still workable for a sign and trade as a combo guard experiement (maybe like Mayo could have been, and yes they have different skillsets, but they're both combos, plus ellis is real young and his contract should be movable if he doesn't work out), and gee, thats just off the top of my head. We could still make moves for felton, ridnour, even watson if his thumb heals, not to mention mo williams.

none of these are locks for being the answer, and some of them are only temporary solutions. Now if you all think Marbury is still the ONLY option available other than starting chalmers (which again, i never even said or alluded to), then expand your horizons a bit eh.

Oh ,and wtf did marbury's 20/8 do for NY in FIVE YEARS? Can someone tell me this?

And please, call me Splack

THE MTL
07-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Did I say start chalmers??

Did you guys read something between the lines?

See, that's the problem with you all, it's either marbury or chalmers, no inbetween. It's either kwame brown or blount, no other possible option. I beleive on another thread I said that starting chalmers right off the bat probably wouldn't work because wade wants pg help and chalmers (no matter how good he could be) is still an unproven rookie. There IS hinrich, there WAS tj ford and calderon, chris duhon WAS available for a 2yr contract to stopgap till 2010, Ellis IS still workable for a sign and trade as a combo guard experiement (maybe like Mayo could have been, and yes they have different skillsets, but they're both combos, plus ellis is real young and his contract should be movable if he doesn't work out), and gee, thats just off the top of my head. We could still make moves for felton, ridnour, even watson if his thumb heals, not to mention mo williams.

none of these are locks for being the answer, and some of them are only temporary solutions. Now if you all think Marbury is still the ONLY option available other than starting chalmers (which again, i never even said or alluded to), then expand your horizons a bit eh.

Oh ,and wtf did marbury's 20/8 do for NY in FIVE YEARS? Can someone tell me this?

And please, call me Splack

As a Knicks fan I can answer that. Knicks tried a new system which we only pass it to the low post. Eddy Curry got the ball ALL last year thats why he was so good. We played through Curry. This year, we wanted to use both Zach and Curry, so basically Marbury had no shots. I watched the games the shots that he took were mostly bad shots with no seconds left on the shot clock (because we were unable to get it to ZAch/Curry. Marbury didnt have the green light to score. You can tell because he would pass the ball down low and then go away.

You cannot deny Marbury's talent and with Dwade, Marion, Beasley, Haslem to play with you can only get better with Marbury. You gots already have a leader in Dwade. Great locker room guy in Haslem. Also, one thing that Knicks didnt have was great management and Pat Riley is a beast. Pat Riley can control a team like this.

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I completely agree with the above post. We have plenty of options out there. I think most people need to realize that Marbury is a very unlikely option for us. Pat Riley will not take on someone else with attitude problems. Look, there are a lot of ways to go about things. I vote signing Telfair and Brown (split the MLE between the two). It would help us out alot.

NBABALLERHOLLER
07-06-2008, 07:02 PM
I just came on for the first time and you idiots have to let the Marbury thing go. Did you know he has trouble finishing drills? You don't trade an all star like Marion for a guy that has to take a cigarette break in between quarters. Seriously wake up.

daleja424
07-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I just came on for the first time and you idiots have to let the Marbury thing go. Did you know he has trouble finishing drills? You don't trade an all star like Marion for a guy that has to take a cigarette break in between quarters. Seriously wake up.

no one said a dam thing abut trading marion. The heat would only be interested if Marbury was released and looking to sign a deal starting at about half the MLE...

Kimbosliced
07-06-2008, 07:06 PM
I really want to hear the argument as to why Marbury would take half of the MLE? Don't say because we will be contenders again, because we are way too unproven for this to happen.

THE MTL
07-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I completely agree with the above post. We have plenty of options out there. I think most people need to realize that Marbury is a very unlikely option for us. Pat Riley will not take on someone else with attitude problems. Look, there are a lot of ways to go about things. I vote signing Telfair and Brown (split the MLE between the two). It would help us out alot.

I think Pat Riley can contain Marbury. Plus, its a new team and you guys have an established leader in Dwade. The MLE cant be split on a prospect like Telfair. Telfair was a starting PG and had a good season and is young. He is taking most if not all of the MLE.

daleja424
07-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I really want to hear the argument as to why Marbury would take half of the MLE? Don't say because we will be contenders again, because we are way too unproven for this to happen.

1) b/c he will already be getting most of his 20 mil from NY
2) No one will be able to offer him more then the MLE b/c no one has cap space
3) The heat are one of the few teams that could offer him a starting job

daleja424
07-06-2008, 07:08 PM
I think Pat Riley can contain Marbury. Plus, its a new team and you guys have an established leader in Dwade. The MLE cant be split on a prospect like Telfair. Telfair was a starting PG and had a good season and is young. He is taking most if not all of the MLE.

...not to mention Riley has a history of taking on troubled PGs and fixing them...

THE MTL
07-06-2008, 07:11 PM

Marbury WONT take half of the midlevel. Not a chance. Like he can go to Europe and get five million a year and probably win a championship too. lol.

But seriously, you guys can get Marbury and a decent center like Diop??? You are legit contenders. Wade has to be healthy of course. And you guys should starting playing uptempo. Marbury, Wade, Marion, Haslem are pretty fast guys. Plus, Marion sucked last year without the pace.

JackSplack
07-06-2008, 07:47 PM
How many NBA teams do you think want Marbury as their starting PG? How many teams out there do you think are saying to themselves "he's my guy, my first choice?" or second choice, or third choice...? Only if he's coming for the minimum or close too it!

Theres plenty of talent in the NBA, doesn't mean they're good team players. Pat Riley couldnt control Ricky Davis last year, what makes anyone think he controls Marbury. And if he doesn't, it's not like we have Wade locked up for 6yrs...he can bolt if the situation here is messy or still in the rebuilding process a year or two from now. Really, NBABALLERHOLLER is right on! Marbury couldn't even finish practicing without wheezing do you see this guy for a whole season in Pat Riley style workouts?

twissst89
07-06-2008, 08:28 PM

if all you have to back up your garbage is some played out stats that none of them have achieved on a consistent basis for years, not to mention how when they get their STATS the rest of their team seems to suffer greatly then that's a sad arguement. Marbury was the knicks franchise player for 5 freakn years in the weak east and couldn't even make the playoffs. Keep your bandwagon...

Maubary > Rondo
Wade > Allen
Marion lockdown defender on Pierce
Beasley < Garnet
Hunter = Perkins

This lineup wud without question compete. And with a bench of Haslem,Cook,Wright,Chalmmers,Anthony, and a lockdown defender in Banks. Where do u c us not a top seed?

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Maubary > Rondo
Wade > Allen
Marion lockdown defender on Pierce
Beasley < Garnet
Hunter = Perkins

This lineup wud without question compete. And with a bench of Haslem,Cook,Wright,Chalmmers,Anthony, and a lockdown defender in Banks. Where do u c us not a top seed?

Please dont even Compare Wade with Allen, And dont COMPARE marbury to Rondo both of then are way better then Them two. And yeah how doesnt anyone see us as a top seed.

LayZbone
07-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Please dont even Compare Wade with Allen, And dont COMPARE marbury to Rondo both of then are way better then Them two. And yeah how doesnt anyone see us as a top seed.

Its not a talent issue....its all about chemistry. You sign guys like Starbury and Kwame....might as well resign Smush and trade for Z-Bo and Artest....none of those guys are winners and I don't want any of them in our locker room. Character issues = bad = no-no. next.

twissst89
07-07-2008, 01:44 AM

Thats wut i said. Marbury is >(Means better then) Rondo and Wade>Allen.

Kimbosliced
07-07-2008, 02:02 AM
1) The reason I have been preaching Telfair is because the guy will come cheap. Hell his ball club wouldn't even match 3.5 mil. We can get him for around 3 million and that would give us enough room to go after Kwame.

2) I also like the idea of Felton alot simply because he is a playmaker. However, it seems really hard and very unlikely that we would ever land him. He is their starting pg and Larry Brown loves his UNC brothers.

3) I am discounting Marbury due to chemistry issues and the fact that another team would take him before us.

4) I was thinking about Tinsley. That is a guy we have a very good chance in getting. He's a great assist guy, decent shooter, and a playmaker. What do you guys think? What are out chances with him? Are there any problems with Tinsley...attitude, adjustments and such?

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 02:10 AM
Thats wut i said. Marbury is >(Means better then) Rondo and Wade>Allen.

O sorry man.

JackSplack
07-07-2008, 12:39 PM
We're not making a freakn allstar team!

Yo need CHEMISTRY!

Five guys going out to play for themselves doesn't win you a championship. Now Wade and Haslem, they aren't those kinda guys...But we know Marbury is. We know through years of play that he puts himself over team, coach, organization, everything. Plenty of skilled guys in the NBA, not all are winners. There is a reason He's been in NYC the past couple years when they didn't want him...THEY COULD NOT TRADE HIM, even with that sweet expiring contract they're talking of buying him out, not trading him. If you build your team just on stats alone and ignore chemistry, you might get lucky. If you build your team on stats alone and blatantly ignore known bad chemistry players, then your going down a road of mediocrity and disaster!

ATX
07-07-2008, 01:56 PM
We're not making a freakn allstar team!

Yo need CHEMISTRY!

Five guys going out to play for themselves doesn't win you a championship. Now Wade and Haslem, they aren't those kinda guys...But we know Marbury is. We know through years of play that he puts himself over team, coach, organization, everything. Plenty of skilled guys in the NBA, not all are winners. There is a reason He's been in NYC the past couple years when they didn't want him...THEY COULD NOT TRADE HIM, even with that sweet expiring contract they're talking of buying him out, not trading him. If you build your team just on stats alone and ignore chemistry, you might get lucky. If you build your team on stats alone and blatantly ignore known bad chemistry players, then your going down a road of mediocrity and disaster!

^^^I've been reading your posts...please keep it up!! We need more posters that are grounded in reality, and who see the bigger picture. Chemistry can either ruin a team or bring a team together...Marbury and Kwame are not exactly known for their hard work and team comrodery. More for being lazy and a distraction.

daleja424
07-07-2008, 02:00 PM
^^^I've been reading your posts...please keep it up!! We need more posters that are grounded in reality, and who see the bigger picture. Chemistry can either ruin a team or bring a team together...Marbury and Kwame are not exactly known for their hard work and team comrodery. More for being lazy and a distraction.

ya... well thats a risk you take. KG is crazy, PP was lazy, fat, and greedy, and Ray Allen was always looking to shoot...yet somehow they won it all. It is certainly a risk to take... but Marion has just as many attitude problems as Marbury, but no one complains abut him... Lets not forget that Marion left Phoenix (a contender) to join Miami b/c he wanted more plays and money...

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 02:12 PM

Well im pretty sure we won a championship with stars on are team, We had J-Will and walker, And if you look at there stats before they became a Miami Heat, you will notice a bit of Decrease. Walker was known for Ball Hoging, J-Will was known for holding the ball too long. Shaq Always wanted the ball down low. And some how we got it together. SO please Remeber that we won a championship like that. And please dont pull the Bull crap of Wade won it for us, yeah he had a great Series but they were always double teaming shaq which always left wade in a 1v1. Walker had a nice series avging, 15/6, J-Will 10/5 ast, Payton hit 2 big SHOTS that helped us win. Zo avged like 3 blocks per game and 5 or 6 rebounds. Posey also hit big Shots as well. So dont say that wade won it for us, say the Strong 15 won it.

ATX
07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
ya... well thats a risk you take. KG is crazy, PP was lazy, fat, and greedy, and Ray Allen was always looking to shoot...yet somehow they won it all. It is certainly a risk to take... but Marion has just as many attitude problems as Marbury, but no one complains abut him... Lets not forget that Marion left Phoenix (a contender) to join Miami b/c he wanted more plays and money...

Hatin' on my Marion sig are ya? I made multiple sigs just like the Marion one for several Heat players. No one seems to give Marion any love around here, and so I thought I'd start with his...
So your comparing Stephon Marbury to Shawn Marion? Well, can't say that I agree with you...at all.

daleja424
07-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Hatin' on my Marion sig are ya? I made multiple sigs just like the Marion one for several Heat players. No one seems to give Marion any love around here, and so I thought I'd start with his...
So your comparing Stephon Marbury to Shawn Marion? Well, can't say that I agree with you...at all.

Haha... no im not hating on marion at all. I love the dude! But my point is just that no one complained about the fact that Marion is selfish and such when he came to miami... No one realized, I dont think, that Marion was so selfish until last year...but he is selfish. But whether you agree with that or not you have to see that teams have won in the past with wierd mixes, ala the Celts last year, the pistons, the heat, even the Lakers this year...

ATX
07-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Haha... no im not hating on marion at all. I love the dude! But my point is just that no one complained about the fact that Marion is selfish and such when he came to miami... No one realized, I dont think, that Marion was so selfish until last year...but he is selfish. But whether you agree with that or not you have to see that teams have won in the past with wierd mixes, ala the Celts last year, the pistons, the heat, even the Lakers this year...

True, true...You and Koopa are right about that (Weird mixes)...All I'm saying is that I think that adding Marbury is a major risk...If it's one year, then fine...but anything past 2010 I'd be fully opposed to. Same goes for Kwame.

daleja424
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
True, true...You and Koopa are right about that (Weird mixes)...All I'm saying is that I think that adding Marbury is a major risk...If it's one year, then fine...but anything past 2010 I'd be fully opposed to. Same goes for Kwame.

Oh for sure. I would definately not sign him to more then a two year deal...

daleja424
07-07-2008, 03:12 PM

you should line them up in your sig... at least the big three

ATX
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
you should line them up in your sig... at least the big three

I'll see what I can do...Having only 19kb is tough to work with.

daleja424
07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I'll see what I can do...Having only 19kb is tough to work with.

ya i know...

JackSplack
07-07-2008, 04:58 PM
ATX don't fall for their nonesense...these folks thought Ricky Davis was the best heat player last year!!!

twissst89
07-07-2008, 08:08 PM
ATX don't fall for their nonesense...these folks thought Ricky Davis was the best heat player last year!!!

I dunno who said that. But tell me an option thats better then signing Marbury with the MLE(which i dont think cud happen). Im with u on Kwame.

daleja424
07-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I dunno who said that. But tell me an option thats better then signing Marbury with the MLE(which i dont think cud happen). Im with u on Kwame.

forget marbury... lets play chalmers... he can do what rondo did last year...

spend the MLE on a young center. maybe even throw it at biedrins!!!

LayZbone
07-07-2008, 08:36 PM

god, i'd feel so sorry for the warriors if they lost both Davis and Biedrins with nothing to show for it....but I doubt that happens.

daleja424
07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
god, i'd feel so sorry for the warriors if they lost both Davis and Biedrins with nothing to show for it....but I doubt that happens.

we could always throw marion at them in a package that includes biedrins...

LayZbone
07-07-2008, 08:44 PM
we could always throw marion at them in a package that includes biedrins...

Yeah, but then wouldn't they be a little light at the Center spot? Its like filling 1 hole while creating another.

King Koopa
07-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah, but then wouldn't they be a little light at the Center spot? Its like filling 1 hole while creating another.

If they sign Brand Im pretty sure they wont mind, letting him go. Maybe biedrins and Wright or something.

Master Mind
07-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I still feel we need another solid PG...

daleja424
07-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I still feel we need another solid PG...

...not unless we trade banks b/c it would be dumb to pay banks 4.5 mil a year for the next 4 years if he is never going to get a fair shot to be at least the baskup...

Master Mind
07-07-2008, 10:17 PM
...not unless we trade banks b/c it would be dumb to pay banks 4.5 mil a year for the next 4 years if he is never going to get a fair shot to be at least the baskup...

Oh yeah I wasn't even thinking about Banks that tells how much I care about that guy, ship his butt elsewhere along with Mark "I'm a 7' footer who don't rebound and has an ridiculous contract" Blount...:laugh2:

twissst89
07-08-2008, 12:34 AM

I think it mite be a little too early to know if he cud start yet. I like him and i been saying to start him if we cant get Ellis for Marion, or get Marbury for the MLE. If Mario works on that explosiveness and jumping hel be crazy. I want to see wut teams are offering for Marion. I just dont see him working that great with Beasley. Im still hoping on Josh Smith or Monta.

daleja424
07-08-2008, 07:32 AM
I think it mite be a little too early to know if he cud start yet. I like him and i been saying to start him if we cant get Ellis for Marion, or get Marbury for the MLE. If Mario works on that explosiveness and jumping hel be crazy. I want to see wut teams are offering for Marion. I just dont see him working that great with Beasley. Im still hoping on Josh Smith or Monta.

I don't know why you think that:
1) They are already friends and doing press conferences while joking with eachother.
2) They trust eachother on the court.
3) They looked great running pick and rolls together.

What makes you think chalmers and beasley won't mix?

Oh yeah I wasn't even thinking about Banks that tells how much I care about that guy, ship his butt elsewhere along with Mark "I'm a 7' footer who don't rebound and has an ridiculous contract" Blount...:laugh2:

Haha... If riley could he would. Unofrtunately he will have to send someone with some value to get rid of those two...

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Actually I'd much rather see them make a major move for a legit center rather than a guard, especially if it means trading Marion or even Haslem in this "major move".

I don't get where this notion comes from that we need a guard so badly compared to our need for a center. Maybe it is to appease Wade's wishes a little more, but Imo getting a center is clearly a much bigger priority than getting a point guard, which we have several talented prospects for already.

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 08:12 AM
i think that we dont need a pg.chalmers is a great playes.he can shoot extremely well,he can pass the ball pretty well,he can play great defense(he erased d.rose,he blockee noah,he had 4 steals). he is quick,explosive and i think he is the perfect for flash,matrix and !beastley!we have to find a young solid center in this years free agency.i like kwame.he might not be very solid but i believe he has some potential that he hasnt showed us yet.

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
I don't know why you think that:
1) They are already friends and doing press conferences while joking with eachother.
2) They trust eachother on the court.
3) They looked great running pick and rolls together.

What makes you think chalmers and beasley won't mix?

He was talking about Marion, not Mario ;) :D

And I think he could have a point. It's the only question mark (besides the obvious starting PG/C) I have at this moment.

If there should be any chemistry problems the Beasley/Marion combo is the best possibility for it to happen. I'm not worried about Wade/Beasley at all. Knowing Marion wasn't happy with his role on the Suns, thinking he should have been more in the (scoring) spotlight, and the supposed problems between him and Amare because of it, what will happen with these two similar players together on the court?

Maybe there will be no problems at all, but it is very likely Marion will end up being the 3rd option of offense, and I'm not sure he will like that role. Ideally he would be our stud defender bringing energy, hustle and fulfilling that 3rd string scorer role.

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 08:29 AM
i like kwame.he might not be very solid but i believe he has some potential that he hasnt showed us yet.

Well I don't like Kwame a lot, but right now he would definitely be a better option for us at center than Blount. We need a defensive minded center who doesn't need to worry about scoring, and Kwame fits that description.

But it's still Kwame, and he is kind of a dumbarse. The Lakers thought they could turn him into the Ben Wallace type also, and that didn't work out like they hoped it would.

If we don't pay him a lot and don't sign him to a lot of years I wouldn't mind him at the moment, though.

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 08:37 AM
i couldnt agree more.ok,except from kwame is there another center that could compliment wades,marions,beasleys and chalmers game?we do have scorers but a little scoring and defense from our new center will make us contenders.and i doubt about the possible chemistry problem.i think that they ll get along.boston,here we come!

HOZ THE KNICK
07-08-2008, 08:38 AM
What if we could trade for Starbury and unload some contracts???

Blount/Haslem/Banks for Starbury???

...I know we could probably just pick him up off waivers... but why not trade for him like this so we have like 40 mil in cap space next summer...

isiah thomas was fired and walsh will never make a trade like that marbury 22mil expire at the end of the season and we won't take your team bad contracts if you want to make a deal it starts with marion...

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 08:44 AM
I also still don't think Marcus Banks has had a honest shot to show what he can do yet. He didn't get that chance with Phoenix, and when we got him in that trade the team went into injured/suck mode soon after, and he got injured himself.

I wouldn't want him as our starter, but as someone who could come off the bench as a fresh scorer.

The next problem however, is that if Chalmers turns out as good as it looks he could be right now he would have that role at the point guard position (unless he turns out even better and starts, but not for a while I think because he is still a rookie), and Cook should have that role at the shooting guard position.

However again, if either Cook or Chalmers would become injured at some point we could still use Banks considering our current roster.

In the end it will probably be best to aquire a veteran point guard and include Banks in a profitable trade somehow.

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 08:50 AM
if you want to make a deal it starts with marion...

I understand that, but considering what we could get for Marion around the league, and considering the players we'd have to take back to make the salaries work, there isn't much on the Knick roster I'd want.

The player I like (Lee, Collins, the Italian rookie and maybe Crawford) don't make sense because they play at positions we have Wade, Beasley and Haslem at.

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 08:50 AM
yeah.i like banks too.cant we just give him a chance?and i also like chris quinn.is it true that he hired a personal trainer to make his 3p shoot better?

flashfan
07-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Daleja after seeing Chalmers debut with Beasley do you still think we should focus on that PG for Wade? You know I feel that Chalmers should at least be given the opportunity to prove himself. What do you think now? I really would rather pursue a C as we have no talent there WHAT SO EVER other than Zo if he comes back

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 08:57 AM
and i also like chris quinn.is it true that he hired a personal trainer to make his 3p shoot better?

I don't know about the personal trainer, but Riley likes Quinn too, so he has a much better chance of sticking around than most other end-of-the-bench players.

Imo Quinn earned his spot as 2nd backup at the point guard position after his good showing at the end of last season. I'd like to see us get a veteran capable of starting, combined with Chalmers and Quinn as our point guard rotation.

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 09:00 AM
chalmers is the perfect guy for the pg spot.and i hate to listen that chalmers will be someone like rondo.chalmers is way much better than rondo.chalmers will be a top point guard.mark my words.he has great potential.and he s only 22!

_Supreme_
07-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Daleja after seeing Chalmers debut with Beasley do you still think we should focus on that PG for Wade? You know I feel that Chalmers should at least be given the opportunity to prove himself. What do you think now? I really would rather pursue a C as we have no talent there WHAT SO EVER other than Zo if he comes back

The team will not be comfortable with Chalmers starting right away as a rookie. He will get his chance once the season goes on, and he could certainly become the starter at some later point if he earns it, but we do need to have a veteran present who can also play the position at least.

I agree a legit center is a much bigger priority than a point guard though. They are just harder to aquire.

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 09:05 AM
. I'd like to see us get a veteran capable of starting, combined with Chalmers and Quinn as our point guard rotation.

thats our best solution

greek miami hea
07-08-2008, 09:11 AM
anyway i dont care too much about who is going to be our starting center or pg.i have faith in riley that he will do the neccesary moves in order to achive the only thing i really care about in my short life.watch the miami heat back to the top where we belong.

king j.a.l.
07-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I said this a while ago and I'll say it again I think that if the heat sign Brown it could be a good move. The reason why I say that is because in all those other teams that he has been he's has had 2 try and do more than what he could do. On the heat all he would have 2 do is give the heat 8-10pts and 7rebs. and 1blk a game.
With all of those scorers in wade,marion,and beasley I think that it wouldn't be that hard 4 him 2 do that.

greek miami hea
07-09-2008, 10:31 AM
I said this a while ago and I'll say it again I think that if the heat sign Brown it could be a good move. The reason why I say that is because in all those other teams that he has been he's has had 2 try and do more than what he could do. On the heat all he would have 2 do is give the heat 8-10pts and 7rebs. and 1blk a game.
With all of those scorers in wade,marion,and beasley I think that it wouldn't be that hard 4 him 2 do that.

i agree.so lets sign kwame

letsgofish
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
look at kwame's game log in memphis and la last year. he seemed to have a good percentage and even in games he got 14 minutes he still got a good number of rebounds.