PDA

View Full Version : Indians Trade scenario...

DodgerDawg55
07-05-2008, 04:24 AM
Since I guess we're in the market for a starter a SS and could use some power in the lineup, this popped into my head...

here goes... Ivan DeJesus, James McDonald, Xavier Paul (possibly injured? not sure)/Andrew Lambo, Carlos Santana, Jon Meloan, Broxton for Sabathia and Peralta?

Of course we would need a window to sign Sabathia long term, which shouldn't be a problem with Furcal, Lowe, Kent, Nomar, Penny all possibly coming off the books. Maybe he'd even take a little hometown discount. Peralta already has more HR's than any current Dodger, and seemed to like hitting at Dodger stadium last weekend, albeit 3 games. Plus Sabathia has only 1 less HR than Jones and Pierre put together in a fraction of the AB's!

We keep the core young guys intact Kemp, Loney, Kershaw, Billingsley, Ethier, Laroche and add another in Peralta only 26.

Plus a future rotation of Sabathia, Billingsley, Kershaw, Kuroda, Stults/Park/Schmidt or whoever! Now thats a recipe for success! I have faith in Logan White that he and his team can keep replenish the farm after a deal like this.

What do you guys think? I say Ned, call your boy Mark! Then fire yourself and give Logan White your old job.

Ah to be bored at 1am.

GHGHCP
07-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Since I guess we're in the market for a starter a SS and could use some power in the lineup, this popped into my head...

here goes... Ivan DeJesus, James McDonald, Xavier Paul (possibly injured? not sure)/Andrew Lambo, Carlos Santana, Jon Meloan, Broxton for Sabathia and Peralta?

Of course we would need a window to sign Sabathia long term, which shouldn't be a problem with Furcal, Lowe, Kent, Nomar, Penny all possibly coming off the books. Maybe he'd even take a little hometown discount. Peralta already has more HR's than any current Dodger, and seemed to like hitting at Dodger stadium last weekend, albeit 3 games. Plus Sabathia has only 1 less HR than Jones and Pierre put together in a fraction of the AB's!

We keep the core young guys intact Kemp, Loney, Kershaw, Billingsley, Ethier, Laroche and add another in Peralta only 26.

Plus a future rotation of Sabathia, Billingsley, Kershaw, Kuroda, Stults/Park/Schmidt or whoever! Now thats a recipe for success! I have faith in Logan White that he and his team can keep replenish the farm after a deal like this.

What do you guys think? I say Ned, call your boy Mark! Then fire yourself and give Logan White your old job.

Ah to be bored at 1am.

Woah woah woah! NO ****in way. That is a ton of our future for a guy that will be a FA next year and an "Okay" SS right now. Lambo and Santana are flat out studs.

brandonwarne52
07-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Sabathia isn't giving anyone a 'hometown discount' when he wants as much as Johan.

BlueZoo
07-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Carlos Santana..isn't this guy the heir apparent to Russell Martin? He can catch, play the OF and 3B can't he?
Why so much sturm and drang about CC Sabathia? Don't we need a SS...is Peralta the answer we are looking for?
If all that talent is going to get shipped out, let's fill that SS hole with somebody solid and damn good...
As much as I can't stand the dancing monkey, Reyes and Mets are not exactly seeing eye to eye lately...he's a guy, no matter how far fetched it may seem, that could be a lead off hitter for years, great base stealer equal to JP, and very talented, yet to fully realize his potential...his stupidity on the field would be tolerable if he was a Dodger and playing well. We've got some going on now, so what's the difference?

dave
07-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Santana is a switch hitting catcher who just turned 22. He is hitting 315, in high A ball. He also has 67 runs, 78 rbi's in 78 games with an obp of 425. he is the guy who will make martin our third string catcher and starting third or second baseman.

Lambo is the 19 year old playing against 22 and 23 year olds. He is our answe to all those great hitters that showed up the last two years in places like texas and cincy and others. By most acounts Lambo just might be our starting left fielder in 2010! So no way either of them will be going anywere.

Any trade for cc will be dependent on signing him first. What we really need is a short stop and a power bat. Would rather use those prospects to trade for wilson and bay. Would have to include piere in the trade because bay can not play right field. Would have to pay pit 3 mill a year for the rest of pieres contract and that would make him even more attractive to some other club needing a lead off hitter. Pitt could move him there for even more prospects. So fiqure outfielders piere, repko, locke, shortstop hu, pitchers Meloan, torresco for wilson and bay.

And we will still have enough over [in prospects] to pick up beltre. Who has two years on his contract and who the mariners want to dump. Lets face it beltre is good for 27 homers while batting 265 to 275. That would allow dewit and LaRoche to go to vegas and take turns playing secon base. That way they will be ready to fight it out with abreu next spring for the second base job.

Tapptout
07-05-2008, 02:38 PM
I've given up on Abreu.

Statik1
07-05-2008, 02:52 PM
We can snag CC in the off season we need a bat!

GameOver21
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I've given up on Abreu.

Agreed. I move to strike Abreu's name from all non-trade threads LOL ;)

DodgerDawg55
07-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Reyes isn't going anywhere, that team would fire Hernandez, Manuel, Minaya, the janitor before they trade him.

DodgerDawg55
07-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Santana is a switch hitting catcher who just turned 22. He is hitting 315, in high A ball. He also has 67 runs, 78 rbi's in 78 games with an obp of 425. he is the guy who will make martin our third string catcher and starting third or second baseman.

Lambo is the 19 year old playing against 22 and 23 year olds. He is our answe to all those great hitters that showed up the last two years in places like texas and cincy and others. By most acounts Lambo just might be our starting left fielder in 2010! So no way either of them will be going anywere.

Any trade for cc will be dependent on signing him first. What we really need is a short stop and a power bat. Would rather use those prospects to trade for wilson and bay. Would have to include piere in the trade because bay can not play right field. Would have to pay pit 3 mill a year for the rest of pieres contract and that would make him even more attractive to some other club needing a lead off hitter. Pitt could move him there for even more prospects. So fiqure outfielders piere, repko, locke, shortstop hu, pitchers Meloan, torresco for wilson and bay.

And we will still have enough over [in prospects] to pick up beltre. Who has two years on his contract and who the mariners want to dump. Lets face it beltre is good for 27 homers while batting 265 to 275. That would allow dewit and LaRoche to go to vegas and take turns playing secon base. That way they will be ready to fight it out with abreu next spring for the second base job.

I think Martin likes it behind the plate, so I don't think Santana is going to push Martin and his gold glove anywhere. Beltre has one monster year which happened to be his contract year, I don't think he's the answer. Pitt would laugh at that offer, Pierre, Repko, Hu, a package headlined by those 3 won't get us squat! I like the Peralta, CC idea much better.

GHGHCP
07-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I think Martin likes it behind the plate, so I don't think Santana is going to push Martin and his gold glove anywhere. Beltre has one monster year which happened to be his contract year, I don't think he's the answer. Pitt would laugh at that offer, Pierre, Repko, Hu, a package headlined by those 3 won't get us squat! I like the Peralta, CC idea much better.

You're forgetting all the other top prospects in our farm in the OP's deal. Its way way way to much. Lambo is first round talent we got in the 4th round cause of some of his past problems (stole a car/ smoking pot in a classroom). This guy however can ****in rake and is most likely our future LF/1B backup. Santana is yet another great athlete converted into a catcher, most of us know how great J-Mac is and hes a year away (future 3rd starter behind Bills and Kershaw). DeJesus could be our future SS in a couple years and will make a great lead off hitter.

The trade doesn't make sense trading away all that talent on a potential rental pitcher (do we need pitching atm?) and a SS with less potential then Hu or DeJesus. I REALLY hope Ned doesn't do something stupid.

mcpeepants23200
07-05-2008, 05:41 PM
no way do we move all that for a free agent to be and a shortstop hitting .230. Dejesus, Lambo, McDonald, Broxton, Meloan and Santana for half a year of C.C. is ridiculous. The Indians could only dream of landing that package.

DodgerDawg55
07-05-2008, 08:17 PM
You're forgetting all the other top prospects in our farm in the OP's deal. Its way way way to much. Lambo is first round talent we got in the 4th round cause of some of his past problems (stole a car/ smoking pot in a classroom). This guy however can ****in rake and is most likely our future LF/1B backup. Santana is yet another great athlete converted into a catcher, most of us know how great J-Mac is and hes a year away (future 3rd starter behind Bills and Kershaw). DeJesus could be our future SS in a couple years and will make a great lead off hitter.

The trade doesn't make sense trading away all that talent on a potential rental pitcher (do we need pitching atm?) and a SS with less potential then Hu or DeJesus. I REALLY hope Ned doesn't do something stupid.

I mentioned we would need a window to sign CC. Hu looks more like the future shortstop for the 51's. Peralta is good got 15-20 HR's a year, DeJesus will probably hit 15 HR's, and a bunch of singles in his entire career. Which would you rather have a AA stud pitcher or a proven left handed Cy Young award winning major leaguer? Too easy, I say the Indians deal would work for the present and the future.

DodgerDawg55
07-05-2008, 08:23 PM
no way do we move all that for a free agent to be and a shortstop hitting .230. Dejesus, Lambo, McDonald, Broxton, Meloan and Santana for half a year of C.C. is ridiculous. The Indians could only dream of landing that package.

Check your stats he's hitting about 30 points higher than that at the start of the day, and has more HR's, and more doubles than anyone on our team.

DodgerDawg55
07-05-2008, 08:28 PM
This trade won't happen but I could defend it until Juan Pierre goes deep.

Beaver Liquor
07-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Don't worry, whatever the decision Colletti makes will turn out to be the wrong one. I'm convinced that Colletti could pull off a trade of LaRoche, Hu, and McDonald for Sabathia, Sizemore, and Cliff Lee; and Sabathia and Lee would go down with injuries, and Sizemore would all of a sudden forget how to hit. And of course LaRoche would finally put it all together, Hu would become the best SS ever, and McDonald would be the first pitcher to have a 0.00 ERA over the course of a season.

I actually think that Colletti is cursed. We need to get rid of the curse.