PDA

View Full Version : Potential Status...Andrew Bynum or Derrick Rose?

mixed_harmony
07-05-2008, 03:27 AM
If u had to chose one as a GM. who would u chose based on potential? we all know what bynum can do and how good he could become, but how good a point guard can derrick rose become? could he have as much an impact as bynum could?

I chose andrew bynum. i believe he has infinite potential. just my opinion though

#24 Lakerland
07-05-2008, 03:41 AM
It's harder to find a young big man with a lot of potential than a young point guard.

Leftcoast_yg
07-05-2008, 03:42 AM
i gotta see rose play but yeah andrew has alot of potential he could be dominant and if he would work on his jumo shot more he can even hit three's i remember he almost made one from the corner during a game and got fined for it but he almost made it...http://youtube.com/watch?v=pcYGrphj5Nk he has alot of ptential but you gotta work at it to show it

Joshtd1
07-05-2008, 03:55 AM
Bynum.

arlubas
07-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Why do Laker fans always gotta compare everyone to their own guys and somehow tell us theirs is better? Bynum is gonna be very good and Rose will be a stud for sure. Can't we just leave it at that and move on, why does someone have to actually be better than someone else especially since we haven't watched a single minute of D-Rose in the L?

mixed_harmony
07-05-2008, 04:06 AM
Why do Laker fans always gotta compare everyone to their own guys and somehow tell us theirs is better? Bynum is gonna be very good and Rose will be a stud for sure. Can't we just leave it at that and move on, why does someone have to actually be better than someone else especially since we haven't watched a single minute of D-Rose in the L?

you are making this bigger than it seems. im just curious im sure others are as well. and yea we know derrick hasnt played. i stated that.

innovator
07-05-2008, 04:07 AM
bynum,

mayo or rose? mayo

MrBloop
07-05-2008, 04:12 AM
This is funny, you can tell a laker fan wrote this crappola...We saw a half a season of Bynum, and nothing from Rose.

Lets wait a bit please.

Greg Oden or Michael Beasley...I'm gonna start that thread right away!!! yay!

Hotone1401
07-05-2008, 04:12 AM
Unless Derrick immediately shows some flashes of Jordan or Magic, you have to go with the big man.

MrBloop
07-05-2008, 04:18 AM
If u had to chose one as a GM. who would u chose based on potential? we all know what bynum can do and how good he could become, but how good a point guard can derrick rose become? could he have as much an impact as bynum could?

I chose andrew bynum. i believe he has infinite potential. just my opinion though

Infinate potential...hahahahahahahaha

Please u need to lower your daily dose andrew bynum by a few milligrams kid.

a whole bunch of players have potential...now lets wait 5-6 years and see if it turns into allstar appearences.

This thread is like a really weak cup of coffee.

mixed_harmony
07-05-2008, 04:25 AM

a whole bunch of players have potential...now lets wait 5-6 years and see if it turns into allstar appearences.

im 18 bro but right now ure the one coming off as a kid.

mfudge
07-05-2008, 04:51 AM
i love how this is about POTENTIAL and half the HATERS in here want to say "let them play before we decide". ahem, POTENTIAL can be assessed BEFORE a player EVER plays a minute of ball. its pretty clear to see that bynum has MORE potential than rose. why? most of you will say because i'm a homer. but lets think about it..... how many truly great point guards have there been in recent history? Nash, CP3, DWill, Stockton. BUT NONE of these guys have a title. the jury's still out on CP3 and DWill because they're young, but Stockton never will win and Nash might never win. however, nearly every championship won in recent history has centered around a truly great big. Duncan, Shaq, 'Sheed/Ben Wallace, and most recently KG. the BIGS are truly the game changers. for game changing ability, you gotta give it to bynum. whether or not he fulfills that potential remains to be seen.

LakerzDQ
07-05-2008, 05:20 AM

a whole bunch of players have potential[...now lets wait 5-6 years and see if it turns into allstar appearences.

Well, this thread is about who has more potential.
There's nothing wrong with talking about the potential of players.

Bynum: He is a very mobile big man, and very athletic. Not an athletic freak like Bynum, but can run up and down the court, and jump pretty high. His potential is all in his size, he's slightly larger than 7 feet, and his length is tremendous. He is great at catching the ball, and a very good finisher at the rim. He is learning post moves under Kareem, and has shown some flashes of being able to create his own shots. A great rebounder, both on offense and defense, and great shotblocker. He has the potential to develop a small jumper, because his freethrow shooting is decent for a man his size. His shooting mechanics are alright. He has the potential to bring back glory to the center position. Currently there isn't any real centers in the league, and Bynum can become one of the best centers in the league. Stat-wise, he can average 12+ rebounds given the time, and 3 blocks. Scoring potential varies on the team he plays in, but he has the potential to score 20 points per game.

Derrick Rose: He's athletic as hell, and has a good size for a PG. Unselfish, and has a good court vision. He is a true pointguard. He's a good finisher at the rim, and has great ballhandling, and can drive and penetrate at will. Good shooter, with room to improve. When he plays in the NBA, he'll have a better balance of scoring, creating his own shot as well as passing and creating opportunities for his teammates. He plays great defense as well, with quick feet and quick hands. Strong for a pointguard, impossible to guard because of his speed and size. He can get to the freethrow line easily as well. He has the chance to compete with the best of the PGs of this new generation, playing alongside CP3 and Deron Williams. He has the potential to become as good as these guys. stat-wise, he can easily score 20-25 points, averaging 8+ assists depending on his teammates, and a couple of steals.

DamnGoat
07-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Unless Derrick immediately shows some flashes of Jordan or Magic, you have to go with the big man.
Yeah, b/c Bynum certainly ranks right up there with some of the All-Time greats already...:rolleyes:

This thread is pretty stupid considering one has only shown about a half season of really good play at the NBA level and the other has yet to play in the league.

Revisit something like this in maybe a year?

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-05-2008, 05:47 AM

infinite potential? is he gonna dunk from halfcourt, wearing an uncle sam hat? i'm calling BS, derrick rose is going to be better than "zues" bynum ever will be. bynum is a casualty of injury and its gonna plague him for years.. wah wah waaaaahhh

Kings Faithful
07-05-2008, 06:09 AM
I know Bynum is good and everything, but he's had half a good season. You people act like he is the next KG or something. Id pick Rose right now, im not sold on "Wilt ChamBynum" yet......

sp1derm00
07-05-2008, 07:03 AM
I'd choose Bynum just because he has shown 1/2 a season of success in the NBA over Rose's zero experience in the NBA.

I think Bynum's potential is overrated and he mostly looked good because of our offense. Kobe and Farmar set him up for a lot of his points... but the kid is a great defensive presence. I see him AT BEST being a 17ppg/13rpg/3bpg type of player which is still beastly... not an offensive monster by any means... but a good rebounder and shot blocker. 17/13/3 is based off of his performance this year with limited minutes. Those numbers aren't far off from 13/10/2bpg in 25 minutes.

sp1derm00
07-05-2008, 07:05 AM
I'd choose Bynum just because he has shown 1/2 a season of success in the NBA over Rose's zero experience in the NBA.

I think Bynum's potential is overrated and he mostly looked good because of our offense. Kobe and Farmar set him up for a lot of his points... but the kid is a great defensive presence. I see him AT BEST being a 17ppg/13rpg/3bpg type of player which is still beastly... not an offensive monster by any means... but a good rebounder and shot blocker. 17/13/3 is based off of his performance this year with limited minutes. Those numbers aren't far off from 13/10/2bpg in 25 minutes.

BlondeBomber41
07-05-2008, 08:27 AM
Tyson Chandler,Sammy Dalembert and Andres Biedrins have had better, longer seasons than Andrew Bynum and nobody ever talks about them.

If they played for the Lakers they would be the next Kareem or Mutombo.

theimortalone
07-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Rose!

_Sn1P3r_
07-05-2008, 09:13 AM
It's easier to build around a big man but Rose is a talent you can't pass. Just cause Rose never played a game yet, I'm choosin Bynum.

raptors_516
07-05-2008, 12:02 PM
rose

Seventh King
07-05-2008, 12:33 PM
QUOTE=MrBloop;5736680]Infinate potential...hahahahahahahaha

This thread is like a really weak cup of coffee.[/QUOTE]

:clap: Instant coffee at that . ..

Chicagofaithful
07-05-2008, 12:54 PM
rose... CP3 or dwight.. you take CP3 hands down he makes ALL his teammates better.. so guard is the one i take

BALLER71
07-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Bynum
It's hard to find very good young big mans.

mfudge
07-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah, b/c Bynum certainly ranks right up there with some of the All-Time greats already...:rolleyes:

This thread is pretty stupid considering one has only shown about a half season of really good play at the NBA level and the other has yet to play in the league.

Revisit something like this in maybe a year?

were talking about POTENTIAL here. Once the games are played, its NOT LONGER POTENTIAL, its REALITY. It's not stupid to talk about potential, but it IS stupid to think you have to see them play in the NBA before you can assess potential. LMAO.

mfudge
07-05-2008, 01:15 PM
btw, call me naive but where is Rose getting all of this potential from? he wasn't even the best player in CUSA. He was 4th in assists and 8th in points in the conference. I'm sorry but CUSA is NOT one of the better conferences in the nation and he only came up with 4th and 8th? The dude's got all the makings of a bust.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Bynum. I guarantee if you offered the Bulls rose or bynum they would take bynum... Its harder to find a franchise center then a franchise PG...

chicagowhitesox
07-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Rose has more potential. He is the most athletic PG ever to come into the league. A big man may be harder to find and more valuable, but Rose certainly has more potential. And he's not an injury risk.

BALLER71
07-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Rose has more potential. He is the most athletic PG ever to come into the league. A big man may be harder to find and more valuable, but Rose certainly has more potential. And he's not an injury risk.

I'll take brains over athleticism all-day.

Derrick_Rose
07-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Typical Laker fans not knowing what they're talking about. Doesn't surprise me.

mixed_harmony
07-05-2008, 02:16 PM
rose... CP3 or dwight.. you take CP3 hands down he makes ALL his teammates better.. so guard is the one i take

i would take dwight. cp3 is the **** and everything but a point guard cant win it all alone. neither can a center but most championship teams revolve around a dominant center like Mfudge stated. dwight howard dominates downlow. his offense may be limited to dunks and putbacks but its not something he cant develop with practice.

..i think many of u are underrating bynum. how old is he 20? almost the same age as derrick rose. im not saying derrick rose wont be a stud but could he have as much an impact as bynum could if he became great? i know derrick rose hasnt played an nba game, but like i said, its the potential.

King Koopa
07-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Andrew because they dont make Big men like that anymore.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-05-2008, 02:37 PM
no Brainer, Rose.

Bynum had half a good year and now he is god :pity:

PackCrewBuckBad
07-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Andrew because they dont make Big men like that anymore.

:eyebrow: really?

QuaLiThADoN
07-05-2008, 02:50 PM
i say bynum

Storch
07-05-2008, 02:50 PM
No one can really compare a point guard and a center fairly. It all depends on the team's needs. Rose would definitely be a great pg. Bynum would be a great center. But if i were to pick between the two as my franchise player, i would pick rose. Im a laker fan, but rose is just insane... he will be like chris paul but stronger. maybe.

Storch
07-05-2008, 02:51 PM

Thats a big statement from someone who doesnt have much insight on the topic.

caseyrh
07-05-2008, 04:19 PM
why is everyone so excited about bynum? i think he was second in the league in dunks last year behind howard and he only averaged 12 points? everytime he scores its from somebody else, mostly kobe setting him up and the occasional putback. u cant throw the ball to him in the post and expect him to score because his moves are suspect. and even though he gets a fair amount of blocks his defense is horrible. the reason he doesnt play more than 25 min is cause hes always in foul trouble. the other thing i keep hearing people say about him even broadcasters is how good his hands are. really? because everytime i watch him play he drops the ball... literally. his hands are horrible go watch a game i guaruntee u he fumbles and has rebounds bounce from his hands. Also he really didnt have even half a good season it was more like 15 games. and then he got kicked in the shin or something and missed six months. seriously they said he would be back in 6 weeks not 6 months. Guy has no heart. Lets face it he is a big center who is athletic... thats it. And thats pretty good. But not great. And the center wins championships thing is a little carried away. i could make the arguement that it is shooting guards. pierce, ginobli, wade, hamilton, kobe, jordan. here are the centers... k perkins, oberto, (old) shaq, b wallace, shaq, perdue, (old) robinson, longley. which group would u rather have? ( just going off memory)

ee
07-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Bynum if that knee won't affect his progress.....

caseyrh
07-05-2008, 04:21 PM
why is everyone so excited about bynum? i think he was second in the league in dunks last year behind howard and he only averaged 12 points? everytime he scores its from somebody else, mostly kobe setting him up and the occasional putback. u cant throw the ball to him in the post and expect him to score because his moves are suspect. and even though he gets a fair amount of blocks his defense is horrible. the reason he doesnt play more than 25 min is cause hes always in foul trouble. the other thing i keep hearing people say about him even broadcasters is how good his hands are. really? because everytime i watch him play he drops the ball... literally. his hands are horrible go watch a game i guaruntee u he fumbles and has rebounds bounce from his hands. Also he really didnt have even half a good season it was more like 15 games. and then he got kicked in the shin or something and missed six months. seriously they said he would be back in 6 weeks not 6 months. Guy has no heart. Lets face it he is a big center who is athletic... thats it. And thats pretty good. But not great. And the center wins championships thing is a little carried away. i could make the arguement that it is shooting guards. pierce, ginobli, wade, hamilton, kobe, jordan. here are the centers... k perkins, oberto, (old) shaq, b wallace, shaq, perdue, (old) robinson, longley. which group would u rather have from the last ten years or so of championships? ( just going off memory)

ee
07-05-2008, 04:22 PM
why is everyone so excited about bynum? i think he was second in the league in dunks last year behind howard and he only averaged 12 points? everytime he scores its from somebody else, mostly kobe setting him up and the occasional putback. u cant throw the ball to him in the post and expect him to score because his moves are suspect. and even though he gets a fair amount of blocks his defense is horrible. the reason he doesnt play more than 25 min is cause hes always in foul trouble. the other thing i keep hearing people say about him even broadcasters is how good his hands are. really? because everytime i watch him play he drops the ball... literally. his hands are horrible go watch a game i guaruntee u he fumbles and has rebounds bounce from his hands. Also he really didnt have even half a good season it was more like 15 games. and then he got kicked in the shin or something and missed six months. seriously they said he would be back in 6 weeks not 6 months. Guy has no heart. Lets face it he is a big center who is athletic... thats it. And thats pretty good. But not great. And the center wins championships thing is a little carried away. i could make the arguement that it is shooting guards. pierce, ginobli, wade, hamilton, kobe, jordan. here are the centers... k perkins, oberto, (old) shaq, b wallace, shaq, perdue, (old) robinson, longley. which group would u rather have from the last ten years or so of championships? ( just going off memory)

Why do you have to repost this??? so everyone can see it on a new page:D

caseyrh
07-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Why do you have to repost this??? so everyone can see it on a new page
it was an accident but thanks for highlighting the whole thing so people could see it again.:clap:

GregOden#1
07-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Thats a big statement from someone who doesnt have much insight on the topic.

Woudn't a guy named Derrick Rose have the most insight on Derrick Rose's potential?

king4day
07-05-2008, 05:40 PM

I think most will choose Bynum in terms of potential since he's been in the league 3 years and now has shown flashes of brilliance. Before this season though everyone woulda picked Rose.
Maybe a better thread would be Odon/Rose instead since both are rooks now.

PRETTY BIRD
07-05-2008, 05:51 PM

nonsense:confused:

PRETTY BIRD
07-05-2008, 05:53 PM
no Brainer, Rose.

rose hasn't even played:confused:

PRETTY BIRD
07-05-2008, 05:59 PM
I think most will choose Bynum in terms of potential since he's been in the league 3 years and now has shown flashes of brilliance. Before this season though everyone woulda picked Rose.
Maybe a better thread would be Odon/Rose instead since both are rooks now.

agreed:cool:

sanfranfan1210
07-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Bynum

Catfish1314
07-05-2008, 07:53 PM
This is an unfair comparison/choice when you consider their resumes. Andrew Bynum had a great half season (Eric Dampier and Bobby Simmons did the same thing and where are they now?) and Rose hasn't even played yet.

It's very close but I would take Rose. This is becoming a guard's league (Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tony Parker, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, etc.)

mixed_harmony
07-05-2008, 11:10 PM
This is an unfair comparison/choice when you consider their resumes. Andrew Bynum had a great half season (Eric Dampier and Bobby Simmons did the same thing and where are they now?) and Rose hasn't even played yet.

It's very close but I would take Rose. This is becoming a guard's league (Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tony Parker, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, etc.)

that may be. but guards need sidekicks. they need a dominant center if they want to win. the question to ask is which is more rare, a guard, or a center?

MrBloop
07-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Well, this thread is about who has more potential.
There's nothing wrong with talking about the potential of players.

Bynum: He is a very mobile big man, and very athletic. Not an athletic freak like Bynum, but can run up and down the court, and jump pretty high. His potential is all in his size, he's slightly larger than 7 feet, and his length is tremendous. He is great at catching the ball, and a very good finisher at the rim. He is learning post moves under Kareem, and has shown some flashes of being able to create his own shots. A great rebounder, both on offense and defense, and great shotblocker. He has the potential to develop a small jumper, because his freethrow shooting is decent for a man his size. His shooting mechanics are alright. He has the potential to bring back glory to the center position. Currently there isn't any real centers in the league, and Bynum can become one of the best centers in the league. Stat-wise, he can average 12+ rebounds given the time, and 3 blocks. Scoring potential varies on the team he plays in, but he has the potential to score 20 points per game.

Derrick Rose: He's athletic as hell, and has a good size for a PG. Unselfish, and has a good court vision. He is a true pointguard. He's a good finisher at the rim, and has great ballhandling, and can drive and penetrate at will. Good shooter, with room to improve. When he plays in the NBA, he'll have a better balance of scoring, creating his own shot as well as passing and creating opportunities for his teammates. He plays great defense as well, with quick feet and quick hands. Strong for a pointguard, impossible to guard because of his speed and size. He can get to the freethrow line easily as well. He has the chance to compete with the best of the PGs of this new generation, playing alongside CP3 and Deron Williams. He has the potential to become as good as these guys. stat-wise, he can easily score 20-25 points, averaging 8+ assists depending on his teammates, and a couple of steals.

What r Yao Ming, Shaq, Dwight Howard???

If your ready to talk about this kid like he's an allstar, wait and see if he can do it 4 82 games and not regress b/c of his knee injury.

Also Greg Oden is a center as well, and has a ton of potential.

Thank you for the info on Derrick Rose...I don't know where I would be without you kid.

MrBloop
07-05-2008, 11:24 PM

Out of left field comes...bobby simmons:confused:...wait what, you lost me.

Dirty Dirk41
07-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Based on Potential...Well we've seen flashes of what Bynum can do in THE NBA so its easy to lean towards picking him. Rose hasnt even played a single minute in a single NBA game....Rose is projected to be a game changer like cp3, d-will and kidd. Bynum is projected to be the next dominant center in the league....as a G.M its all about your preference..you want a dominat big or a game changing pg. i dont really know who id choose.

lamar2006
07-06-2008, 12:34 AM
BABY BYNUM WILL OWN THE LEAGUE IN 2 YEARS. Him and D-Howard will be the 2 best C in the league by far. Oden will be a bust. Besides he is already 40 lol or he looks 40. I dont know. But, I am sure he will not be the monster everyone thinks he will be. Durant will have a better career than him. Oden is already injury prone and he hasnt even played 1 summer league game. Potential is there but I dont see him reaching it. Bynum is better on offense than Howard and his defense is decent not just as greata Howard. Those 2 will be equal in a couple of years.

THE_FLASH_21
07-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Bynum might be great 2 to 3 more years... he is still a baby!!! but Rose will be way better!

mfudge
07-06-2008, 05:17 AM

did you purposely forget DUNCAN AND KG from the list?

and as far as i know, rose isn't projected to be a shooting guard. he's a point guard. pgs on recent title teams: rondo, billups, tparker, jason williams/(old) gp, derek fisher, bj armstrong. what do cp3, dwill and nash have in common? ZERO (0) titles! whoopty freakin doo!

and i think you're mistaking bynum with kwame "small hands" brown. there's a reason the dude was one of the most sought after pieces in any trade the lakers were rumored to be a part of prior to this past season. you must truly be a hater if you think he got kicked in the shin for his injury. watch the replay, bro. and the initial report was AT LEAST six weeks NOT "only" six weeks. there's a HUGE difference. and the dude got only 25mpg because kwame ****in brown was getting 10mill and they couldn't afford to have the guy come off the bench.

mfudge
07-06-2008, 05:19 AM
no Brainer, Rose.

Rose hasn't even had a half good NBA game and he's the no Brainer pick. yea... no brains, meaning you lack common sense and logic. go buy yourself a brain and then tell me who you'd pick. :p

mfudge
07-06-2008, 05:23 AM
What r Yao Ming, Shaq, Dwight Howard???

If your ready to talk about this kid like he's an allstar, wait and see if he can do it 4 82 games and not regress b/c of his knee injury.

Also Greg Oden is a center as well, and has a ton of potential.

Thank you for the info on Derrick Rose...I don't know where I would be without you kid.

what makes you think Oden won't regress from his knee injury while Bynum will? very few have come back from microfracture.

mfudge
07-06-2008, 05:26 AM

do you have anything to contribute to the discussion or do you want to be an arrogant douchebag who looks like a fool who can't follow an argument? I mean, its clear you think Rose has more potential based on all the hate you dish to bynum supporters, but do you care to back your point by something other than calling bynum supporters stupid?

ARMIN12NBA
07-06-2008, 05:47 AM
why is everyone so excited about bynum? i think he was second in the league in dunks last year behind howard and he only averaged 12 points? everytime he scores its from somebody else, mostly kobe setting him up and the occasional putback. u cant throw the ball to him in the post and expect him to score because his moves are suspect. and even though he gets a fair amount of blocks his defense is horrible. the reason he doesnt play more than 25 min is cause hes always in foul trouble. the other thing i keep hearing people say about him even broadcasters is how good his hands are. really? because everytime i watch him play he drops the ball... literally. his hands are horrible go watch a game i guaruntee u he fumbles and has rebounds bounce from his hands. Also he really didnt have even half a good season it was more like 15 games. and then he got kicked in the shin or something and missed six months. seriously they said he would be back in 6 weeks not 6 months. Guy has no heart. Lets face it he is a big center who is athletic... thats it. And thats pretty good. But not great. And the center wins championships thing is a little carried away. i could make the arguement that it is shooting guards. pierce, ginobli, wade, hamilton, kobe, jordan. here are the centers... k perkins, oberto, (old) shaq, b wallace, shaq, perdue, (old) robinson, longley. which group would u rather have? ( just going off memory)

That couldve been the most ignorant post I have ever read on PSD. I have never read a post with so many distorted facts. BTW, he has amazing hands
and some pretty good post moves. He was only averaged 1 turnover a game in his last 6 games so that relegates you theory that he fumbles the ball. In fact, he often palms the ball with one hand on his rebounds and I rarely ever see him fumble the ball...I think you are thinking of Kwame Brown (also he was never kicked in the shin, he landed on lamar odoms foot and got a sublaxation...that just shows your ignorance).

Bynum was averaging 18 PPG and 12 RPG in his last six games before injury.

Here is the game before he got injured: 25 points, 17 rebounds, 3 blocked shots, 37 minutes, 1 foul

The game before that: 17 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocked shots, 28 minutes, 3 fouls

2 games before that: 23 points, 13 rebounds, 4 blocked shots, 34 minutes, 3 fouls

The game before that one: 17 points, 16 rebounds, 3 blocked shots, 29 minutes, 0 fouls

He was never in foul trouble, Phil Jackson just didn't play Bynum a lot of minutes because he wanted to bring Bynum along slowly. BTW, don't say those games were flukes because in the month before that, he was averaging 14 points and 9 rebounds...He was developing swiftly and there is no denying how good he was playing. Kevin Hench, a boston sports fan and writer, said that Bynum would be, without a doubt, the #1 pick in this years draft if he were in it.

Mallpha
07-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Rose becouse i simply enjoy more watching guards than all those big guys just grabing ball around the rim and dunking or throwing it like a sack of patatoes most of them porobobly would never make to nba if they were under 6,6.

LakerzDQ
07-06-2008, 09:00 AM
no Brainer, Rose.

and what has rose done? he's had a good freshman year, and now he's god? huh, and Rose wasn't even one of the best in college.

THE_FLASH_21
07-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Rose becouse i simply enjoy more watching guards than all those big guys just grabing ball around the rim and dunking or throwing it like a sack of patatoes most of them porobobly would never make to nba if they were under 6,6.

SLOW DOWN WHEN U TYPE!!! lol.....

Catfish1314
07-06-2008, 01:45 PM

He was the MIP in 2005. Had one very good year with the Clippers and hasn't done a damn thing since. Eric Dampier had a pretty good year with the Warriors a few years back and since then he's been a decent rebounder and a solid role player at the absolute most. Andrew Bynum, for all we know, could be a one hit wonder. I love his potential but Laker fans are putting too much faith in him after just a good half season. Leg injuries, especially knee injuries, can seriously hamper a big man's game (Chris Webber, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, etc.)

ARMIN12NBA
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
He was the MIP in 2005. Had one very good year with the Clippers and hasn't done a damn thing since. Eric Dampier had a pretty good year with the Warriors a few years back and since then he's been a decent rebounder and a solid role player at the absolute most. Andrew Bynum, for all we know, could be a one hit wonder. I love his potential but Laker fans are putting too much faith in him after just a good half season. Leg injuries, especially knee injuries, can seriously hamper a big man's game (Chris Webber, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, etc.)

I understand he has only had half of a good season, but what has Derrick Rose done. Nothing. This is based on POTENTIAL and obviously big men influence games more. A great big man doesn't even need an average PG to win ships, but a great PG needs an above average big man to win a ship.

Also, Rose averaged 14 points and 5 assists in college and only scored more than 20 points a few times. Bynum averaged 13 points and 10 rebounds in the NBA! He has also had plenty of 20 point games including a 25 point, 17 rebound game. What Bynum has done in the NBA is more than Rose did in college! Basing on potential and barring any injuries, I'd take Bynum to build a team around any day.

mixed_harmony
07-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Andrew has shown flashes of brilliance which could one day be of a dominant center.

check this video out. just imagine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efsJwJxYEk