PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum or Derrick Rose

mixed_harmony
07-05-2008, 03:23 AM
If u had to chose one as a GM. who would u chose based on potential? we all know what bynum can do and how good he could become, but how good a point guard can derrick rose become? could he have as much an impact as bynum could?

I chose andrew bynum. i believe he has infinite potential. just my opinion though.

abe_froman
07-05-2008, 03:31 AM
is this as they were when draft prospects? if so i'll take rose(consensus top 2) over bynum(late lotto) who wasn't that highly regarded as rose was coming in and took awhile and kareem before he started to come around

..but ofcourse i'm a bulls fan what'd you expect :laugh2:

JordansBulls
07-06-2008, 10:16 PM
You go big over small, however the problem is that Bynum has actually played 2 seasons while Rose hasn't started so we really don't know how good Rose will be in his 1st or even 2nd season.

Kyben36
07-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Bynum is good but I will have to go with rose. I think rose will make the bulls better while Bynum is great but I just dont know. Probable rose by his 2nd season.

AgentViet
07-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Rose is a franchise player, I'll take him. Franchise PGs are equally rare as bigs, but I see more upside in Rose.

sanfranfan1210
07-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Rose

Crunchy12489
07-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Bynum.

There are plenty of point guards in the NBA who can give you an average performance.

There isn't many big men that can average 13, 10, and 2 blocks... Not to mention he is only a year older than rose...

It's harder for big men to make it in the league than guards... Guards don't have to box out 250+ lbs. men, guard the basket from lay ups and hook shots, rebound over people that may be the same height or taller than you, and not to mention score over people who may be stronger and taller than you... Some centers may be the same height and have totally different wing span...

Guards are quick and can create space for themselves because half of the time they are running or creating plays for the big men or shooters.

kozelkid
07-11-2008, 01:30 AM
based on potential? easily rose.
frankly the bynum love here is pretty sickening, especially since laker fans overflow this forum.
he will be a good center, possibly an allstar for a couple years, but it stops there. working with kareem doesnt make you an instant HOF, look at kandiman and kwame. he will be a very good center, but rose has potential to be an amazing pg.
but as abe froman said, I am only a bulls fan :D

LakerzDQ
07-11-2008, 06:15 AM
based on potential? easily rose.
frankly the bynum love here is pretty sickening, especially since laker fans overflow this forum.
he will be a good center, possibly an allstar for a couple years, but it stops there. working with kareem doesnt make you an instant HOF, look at kandiman and kwame. he will be a very good center, but rose has potential to be an amazing pg.
but as abe froman said, I am only a bulls fan :D

Bynum is a tad overrated around here.
but I believe he will be a great center later in his career. maybe make a few all-nba teams. but Rose might win an MVP or two later in his career, maybe end up as a Hall of Famer, if he uses his potential well.