PDA

View Full Version : Championship or Bust?

DreamShaker
07-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Yaknow I always hear those words...championship or bust. So what are your feelings on this? Let's take the Lakers for instance. So before the season many people on this board and in the media predicted the Lakers would not make the playoffs, and it wasn't a totally ridiculous statement. Kobe was unhappy, the rest of the team had underachieved, the roster looked the same outside of the Fisher signing, and the West looked really, really deep. Then the Kobe-trade drama went down, as we all know, and everybody was ready to pencil in Kobe as a Bull, and get ready for the lottery for the Lake Show...then we all know what happened from there....Kobe stayed and played like the MVP he was, the rest of the team stepped it up, they got Gasol for guys who were barely in the rotation, and they lost in game 6 of the Finals....so the question is....do Laker fans consider this season a sucess or a disapointment? Do Pistons, Spurs, Jazz, and Hornets fans congradulate thier teams for amazibng seasons or feel cheated thier team didn't reach the top? What about all 27 Hawks fans? What about the Blazers fans watching thier team grow so much without Greg Oden? How about Rockets fans for the 22 game streak and the sucess without Yao? (I personally am very proud of my Rockets)

But what is your opinion on your team? Is it really championship or bust?

Leftcoast_yg
07-05-2008, 03:05 AM
I think as a laker no matter if we had won the championship or not because when we got outta the first round it was a succesfull season if it would have ended in the semi's, nobody including myself thought that the lakers would even make it past the wcf let alone get to the finals with gasol, and i am very happy for my team that they were able to get this far with a guy that was only an all star once and is not truly a center and especially to go up against the defending champs the spurs.
So to me we accomplished alot and were able to have a succesful a season and some, especially kobe winning the mvp award, was a big surprise to me because theydidnt give it to him the times steve nash got it, because he would do anything to get a win for his team, even score 81 points to win when his team was struggling. But we still have some unfinished business because of our recent succes as well as failures, but we know what we are capable of and will learn and use it as our sternght this coming season.

JordansBulls
07-06-2008, 10:57 PM
For certain teams I think it is championship or bust.

Boston, Dallas, Phoenix, Lakers, Pistons and Spurs.

However I think teams like the Hornets, Nuggets, Rockets should feel the same way.

DenButsu
07-06-2008, 11:10 PM

However I think teams like the Hornets, Nuggets, Rockets should feel the same way.

If Denver keeps AI and Melo, then it should be championship or bust. And that's "bust" as in blow the mfer up.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-06-2008, 11:16 PM
I always feel like its championship or bust. But I was really happy and proud of the Lakers this year. I like most thought we were going to be rebuilding for the next 5 to 6 years. We did not win, but at least have a chance to win every year again. Thats all you can ask for

AgentViet
07-06-2008, 11:30 PM

I don't think the Hornets should. Their core can last for many more years, and they're going getting better seeing their age.

QuaLiThADoN
07-06-2008, 11:31 PM
If Denver keeps AI and Melo, then it should be championship or bust. And that's "bust" as in blow the mfer up.

the nuggets honestly dissapoint me with all the talent they have.....

kntresistheheat
07-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Nuggets for sure!

DenButsu
07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
the nuggets honestly dissapoint me with all the talent they have.....

Well, as a Nuggets fan, all I can say is...

Tell me about it! :laugh2:

The life of a Nuggets fan:

:bang:

BigEric
07-07-2008, 12:05 AM
The Suns, Mavs, Pistons and Nuggets have all gotta "do or die" and the Mavs shot themselves in the foot with that Kidd trade. I think Carlisle will be an upgrade over Avery but that teams doomed.

superkegger
07-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I think you've got a window. Some teams like the suns window is closing, while other teams windows are just being cracked open. But if you're making the playoffs year after year, its got to be championship or bust, otherwise what are you doing? If your the timberwolves, its get to the playoffs, and then, championship. I think theres a logical process of steps.

I theink the cavs were/are a perfect example. First they had to make the playoffs, then once they did and got bumped. The next year it was about a championship.
But you first just want to make the playoffs and go deep in them.
Then once you've had that taste, it becomes all about a championship.

Its hard to do what the celtics did, from a lotto team to champion. Not the norm at all. its a process...

jagsfan29
07-07-2008, 12:37 AM
bust

Lakersfan2483
07-07-2008, 12:50 AM
As a laker fan it is always a failed season when we don't win a title no matter how unrealistic that sounds, we strive for titles.

Hellcrooner
07-07-2008, 09:03 AM
IM a Laker and that means TITLES, everything that is not a title is a Bust.

So BUST

and for the others i Consider:

Clippers: Little Bust (shoudl have made the Poffs)

Kings: As Expected

SUns: Very DECEIVING

Warriors: Bust

Mavs: HORRIBLE

Spurs: Bust

Hornetas: Overachieving

Grizzlies: As expected

Rockets: As Expected

Sonics: As Expected

Wolves: As Expected

Nuggets: A bit deceiving

Jazz: Underachieving.

Blazers: Underachieving ( shoudl have gotten teh 8th)

Knicks: in the inmortal worlds of Guy Gadner BWAH HA HA HA

Nets: VERY DISSAPOINTING

Raptors: OK season

Celtics: OVERACHIEVING ( thanks to McCheater and STernowski)

Sixers: Overachieving

Hawks: ULTRASUPEROVERACHIEVING

Bobcats: Dissapointing

Wizzards: As expected

Heat: THe Most Dissapointing.

MAgic: Dissapointing ( shoudl have been in teh finals)

Pacers: Good season

BUcks: Dissapointing.

Bulls : ery Dissapointing

Pistns:Bust

Cavs: BUst

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 09:06 AM
As a laker fan it is always a failed season when we don't win a title no matter how unrealistic that sounds, we strive for titles.

No that's reallistic.

Every year, 29 NBA teams have a failing season.

Like they say, if you're not popping bottles after the finals, you had a losing season.

Just man up, suck in your pride, and hope your team comes back stronger!

*Superman*
07-07-2008, 09:34 AM

Take the Nuggets and Rockets out and thats my list. Rockets need more pieces and the Nuggets are the Nuggets.

Crunchy12489
07-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Take the Nuggets and Rockets out and thats my list. Rockets need more pieces and the Nuggets are the Nuggets.

Hmmm.

The Nuggets are the Nuggets?

What do you mean by that?