PDA

View Full Version : NBA MOCK ECF - #1 DET vs #6 NJN - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
07-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Detroit Pistons Lineup:

PG - Chauncey Billups | Sam Cassell | Lindsay Hunter
SG - Richard Hamilton | Devin Brown
SF - Tayshaun Prince | Devean George | Ruben Patterson
PF - Rasheed Wallace | Antonio McDyess | Michael Ruffin
C - Chris Kaman | Jason Maxiell

New Jersey Nets Lineup:

Yao - Diop - Elson
Foster - Smith - Allen
Turkoglu - Szczerbiak - Garrity
Carter - Mobley - Roby
Bibby - Head - Armstrong

Detroit Pistons Have Homecourt Advantage.

Detroit Pistons Series Writeup:

This should be a good series, but the Pistons will prevail.

We have the advantage at every position but Center, and Chris Kaman is still one of the best Centers in the NBA. We moved McDyess to the bench to be the sixth man, and he will do great things there. Maxiell brings more defense and scoring off the bench, and Devin Brown, Ruben Patterson and Devean George will add scoring punch and defense off the bench as well. Sam Cassell has won multiple titles and brings a great veteran backup to Chauncey Billups.

Our team is great defensively, and has a great veteran bench. The Nets have alot of talent, but the Pistons are more talented, more well rounded, and overall a much better team.

New Jersey Nets Series Writeup:

Series Writeup
Nets are confident we can win this series against Detriot. We have a lot of Momentum coming into this series. We have recently upset the Cleaveland Cavaliers and the real life champions Boston Celtics. Detriot is a solid team but there is no way we will make it easy for them.

Center
Yao Ming in most peoples mind is the best center in the NBA. Not only is Yao great offensively but he is also great defensively. We feel he can easily take Kaman, who was really only good due to the fact that Elton Brand was injured. Yao is easily better than Kaman and we will use that to our advantage.

Power Forward
We also have a very nice PF in Jeff Foster. This guy is an absolute monster grabbing rebounds, setting picks and doing all the dirty work for us. He will do his best against Rasheed Wallace. We all know that Rasheed has aged and have been very inconsistent so we don't know which Sheed we'll see in any given night.

Small Forward
We have Mr. Fourth Quarter Hedo Turkoglu averaged 17.2ppg while shooting 47% both from the floor and 3's against Prince! His outside shot is amazing especially down the stretch. We all know how accurate he was playing w/ a dominant center in Dwight Howard, imagine what he could do with the likes of Yao Ming a taller center that is a better passer.

Shooting Guard
Our matchup at the 2 should be fun to watch. Vince Carter vs Richard Hamilton. They are both dangerous scorers as we all know. This is a very even matchup for both teams, when on fire both can take over games but VC can also create when the shot is not falling.

Point Guard
Our mathup at point guard is Chauncey Billups and Mike Bibby. Both can shoot exceptionally well from the three point arch. They might have the advantage here but we all know that Bibby is battle tested and no slouch so chances of being dominated is very slim.

Bench
We all know that the earlier rounds were won because of our bench. As great as our starters look, our 2nd unit and even some of our 3rd string players are all capable of putting up numbers, anyone can come in and make a big impact whether it's pure scoring, defense and all around contribution, it's all there. As nice as our starters are, we really pride ourselves with by having a very nice 2nd and 3rd unit that's a must in the playoffs.

Nets win in 7

Leftcoast_yg
07-05-2008, 03:08 AM
pistons easily, but this is fantasy right because chris kaman willnot be with pistons next year, and that new jersey team is unbelievable, no way the rockets will trade yao, there whole team will be gone before he gets traded, but the pistons because they been there done that.

#24 Lakerland
07-05-2008, 04:08 AM
Nets. They have a much better bench. And Having a combo of Yao, Turkoglu, Vince Carter and Bibby is great.

innovator
07-05-2008, 04:17 AM
yao > kaman
foster < sheed
hedo > prince
vc > rip
bibby < bilups
nets bench > pistons bench

so i go with nets

_Sn1P3r_
07-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I gotta go with nets also.

Chronz
07-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Pistons, you did a good job keeping the entire team together and only trading for an All-Star center

AgentViet
07-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Kaman is solid defensive player and won't let Yao get above his average. Sheed will kill Foster. Prince will lock down Hedo, but Hedo's defensively abilities won't be able to do much to stop Prince. VC and Rip are a wash IMO. Billups and Bibby can both shoot, but Billups is better defensively and can post up Bibby. Pistons in 5.

Ragun
07-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Pistons

Nets fan 93
07-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Great job to those who read my writeup. The bench of the pistons have some big names.... from like 10 years, there bench is probably the oldest in the mock league lol. We know when we need our points in the fourth we will pass it in to Yao and when he is doubled teamed, he can pass it out to an open perimeter player like Hedo, VC, Bibby. Good luck detroit lol.

daleja424
07-05-2008, 01:18 PM
yao > kaman
foster < sheed
hedo > prince
vc > rip
bibby < bilups
nets bench > pistons bench

so i go with nets

Yao vs Kaman - 1 point Nets
Foster vs Sheed - 2 points DET
Carter vs Rip - 0.5 points Nets
Bibby vs Billups - 0.5 points DET
Hedo vs Prince - 1 point Nets

= even

...but then look at the benches... and i like the nets bench better sooo.... Nets!

AgentViet
07-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Great job to those who read my writeup. The bench of the pistons have some big names.... from like 10 years, there bench is probably the oldest in the mock league lol. We know when we need our points in the fourth we will pass it in to Yao and when he is doubled teamed, he can pass it out to an open perimeter player like Hedo, VC, Bibby. Good luck detroit lol.

Except for Lindsay Hunter, all those guys on the Pistons haven't shown any decline because of their age. There's nothing really wrong with an old aged bench, as they're just full of veterans that have lots of playoff experience. Yao won't need to be double teamed and the Pistons aren't stupid, if they double team him it's going to be Foster who's left open not Hedo/VC/Bibby.

superkegger
07-05-2008, 01:43 PM
The JB Personal Ad

Hi! I'm JB! I love Home (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373840) Court (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456317) Advantage (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12290204&postcount=52). I really do! (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12287323&postcount=37) Sometimes I'm a little shy about it (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452470), but believe me, it's everything (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370063). One thing I'm not shy about is Tmac (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=447012). I mean it (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450761). If there's something going on with him, I'll let you know (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455527). You can count on that. I don't want to beat a dead horse (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12290204&postcount=52), but I don't think you understand. Tmac is awesome. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451942) Pretty much everything in life can be boiled down to a Tmac discussion (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12182534&postcount=20). But I digress. I really like to ask hard hitting questions (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456819), that just really get to the core of you (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452168). I think I could be a great investigative journalist! (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12225839&postcount=1) because I love to do research on tough topics. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456742) I mean, who else could break down who the greatest ever is like I did? (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12320084&postcount=30) Some people just don't understand my genius I guess. (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12110039&postcount=17) But, that's me!

ee
07-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Kaman is solid defensive player and won't let Yao get above his average. Sheed will kill Foster. Prince will lock down Hedo, but Hedo's defensively abilities won't be able to do much to stop Prince. VC and Rip are a wash IMO. Billups and Bibby can both shoot, but Billups is better defensively and can post up Bibby. Pistons in 5.

6 games head to head playoffs
Hedo: 17.2ppg 5rpg, 5.6apg, shooting 47% from 3's and 47% overall
Prince: 16.3ppg 5rpg 2.8apg shooting 47% from the field, 30% from 3's

I don't see Prince locking down Hedo
Prince is a good defender probably against smaller SF's , the 6'8 and below players, but you put a 6'10 hedo to him, he isn't as effective...

4 games in the season
Hedo averaged 19.5ppg, 4.5rpg, 5apg against detroit, Hedo is tall, he's not your regular SF's.....Being 6'10 gives him the ability to see the rim much better when he's shooting it and his stroke is great....

Ramon Nivar
07-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I can't figure out why so many people think New Jersey is this good... With that said I gave the Pistons the lead.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-05-2008, 02:41 PM
BB41, how can you vote for the Nets?
You said my team was the best and we should easily make it to the finals.
Are you scared of playing me so you have to vote nets? If so, that is pathetic.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Nets. They have a much better bench. And Having a combo of Yao, Turkoglu, Vince Carter and Bibby is great.

they have a much better bench, right :rolleyes:

And our combo of Billups, Rip, Prince, and Sheed is not great? At least this combo of 4 has played in the league together for years and won championships with each other. I'd take the Pistons combo everyday. Not to mention they also added a beast In Kaman, and made their bench a lot better. They won the finals with the big 4, now with Kaman and a better bench, how do they not make it back?

PackCrewBuckBad
07-05-2008, 02:46 PM
I can't figure out why so many people think New Jersey is this good... With that said I gave the Pistons the lead.

The nets got the 6th seed for a reason (I thought they were better than 6, but not better than Det!)
The nets have Foster starting!!!!!!!! Plus Sheed is at the 4 now, where he is better.

BaRRySandAmaN
07-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Man this is easy to predict... I would take the Pistons in 5.

Yao>Kaman- Not by much
Foster<<<<Sheed- Not even Close
Turkaglu<<Prince- Prince would shut him down
Carter<Hamilton- If vince was in his prime I would take him
Bibby<<<<<<<<<<Billups- Chauncey will chew him up and spit him out

QuaLiThADoN
07-05-2008, 02:48 PM
gota go with the nets

superkegger
07-05-2008, 02:49 PM
BB41, how can you vote for the Nets?
You said my team was the best and we should easily make it to the finals.
Are you scared of playing me so you have to vote nets? If so, that is pathetic.

both he and BB41 voted for the nets, and that shouldn't suprise you in the least. its a strategic vote, and a good one at that.

and dear god, why do you have a link to a miley cyrus song in your sig

Nets fan 93
07-05-2008, 02:52 PM
^Dude dont cry. see we are close that is a problem? BB41 can vote for the under dog that upset the 3rd seed Cavs and the 2nd seed Celtics...
Keep in mind that my bench is > than yours...
Head>> Cassell Cassell played like crap in the playoffs
Mobley(starter on a bad team) >>Brown
Szczerbiak starter on any team>> Geaorge
Smith< only by a little to Dice
Diop> by a little to J-Max no way a 7 footer can lose to a 6'7" forward.
plus Elson is all energy, Darrell is energy on the court and bench, he is rumored to drink 4 red bulls before every game lol. Malik had a season high 18pts aganist the Heat in his first start of the season last year. Garrity just fills the bench up, but at least he is here to support us.
Yao>Kaman
foster<<Sheed
Hedo>Prince
VC>by a little Rip
Bibby<Billups
We are better in two categories. not to mention your team is aging...

AgentViet
07-05-2008, 03:02 PM
^Dude dont cry. see we are close that is a problem? BB41 can vote for the under dog that upset the 3rd seed Cavs and the 2nd seed Celtics...
plus Elson is all energy, Darrell is energy on the court and bench, he is rumored to drink 4 red bulls before every game lol. Malik had a season high 18pts aganist the Heat in his first start of the season last year. Garrity just fills the bench up, but at least he is here to support us.
Yao>Kaman
foster<<Sheed
Hedo>Prince
VC>by a little Rip
Bibby<Billups

The bench isn't going to really mean much when you only need a good 8 man rotation for the playoffs. Your bench is slightly better, but it's not going to absolutely crush them or anything. Billups and Sheed can easily crush Foster and Bibby offensively, I don't see why it's so close right now.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-05-2008, 03:09 PM
both he and BB41 voted for the nets, and that shouldn't suprise you in the least. its a strategic vote, and a good one at that.

and dear god, why do you have a link to a miley cyrus song in your sig
strategic, but come on. If you have to vote for the nets to get them to win so you can win in the finals, that is pathetic. Well I guess they don't believe in their team then. That is all it tells me.

":augh: Got you :laugh2: That is why i have it in there.

Yao>Kaman
foster<<Sheed
Hedo>Prince
VC>by a little Rip
Bibby<Billups
coming from someone biased. You have Foster starting :speechless:

The bench isn't going to really mean much when you only need a good 8 man rotation for the playoffs. Your bench is slightly better, but it's not going to absolutely crush them or anything. Billups and Sheed can easily crush Foster and Bibby offensively, I don't see why it's so close right now.

nor do i, and Pistons have home court advantage, experience, rings, team play, chemistry, have been there before, etc. Everything you need to win.

Nets fan 93
07-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Does anyone even know how Foster plays :pity:
He is an animal Bruce Bowen type player.
He sets HARD screens, He fouls like he wants the other player injured lol.
Sheed is really good but if im not mistaken he can go 5 for 21 from the field because he is to intact for firing away ill advised shots.
Sure the Pistons look excellent on paper, but cmon wake up you guys they arent getting any younger... they are all old. Kaman is their only bright spot.
Yes a bench is a lot.
Did you watch the finals? Did you watch how Sasha Vujacic or however you spell it took over games, and how posey shot clutch threes???
We have the same type of players w/ Mobley, Head, and Wally.
I thought you were smarter than that bro.

Dirty Dirk41
07-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Nets are the better team....starters, bench.....Nets should take this...cant believe detroits in the lead

PRETTY BIRD
07-05-2008, 06:02 PM
nets

greg_ory_2005
07-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Can't believe this thing is so close. Pistons would win this easily.

Too bad I can't vote. :D

sanfranfan1210
07-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm going with Pistons

superkegger
07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Can't believe this thing is so close. Pistons would win this easily.

Too bad I can't vote. :D

oh but you can

AgentViet
07-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Sheed is really good but if im not mistaken he can go 5 for 21 from the field because he is to intact for firing away ill advised shots.
Sure the Pistons look excellent on paper, but cmon wake up you guys they arent getting any younger... they are all old. Kaman is their only bright spot.
Yes a bench is a lot.
Did you watch the finals? Did you watch how Sasha Vujacic or however you spell it took over games, and how posey shot clutch threes???

LOL, don't even compare Foster's level to skill to Bowen. You are mistaken, Sheed doesn't even take that many shots. He always puts the team first, his game is more about defense and hustle than scoring. But when needed, he can definetely turn into the guy that puts up 20 PPG. Saying guys are old and can't play as good is total BS, Sheed and Dice are the only ones you can really say are "aging" even though their game hasn't shown much decline. Rip is 30, Billups is 31, Prince is 28, their core is basically still in their prime. I'd take Rip, Billups, Cassell and Sheed to take clutch 3's any day over those guys.

Nets fan 93
07-05-2008, 09:24 PM
LOL, don't even compare Foster's level to skill to Bowen. You are mistaken, Sheed doesn't even take that many shots. He always puts the team first, his game is more about defense and hustle than scoring. But when needed, he can definetely turn into the guy that puts up 20 PPG. Saying guys are old and can't play as good is total BS, Sheed and Dice are the only ones you can really say are "aging" even though their game hasn't shown much decline. Rip is 30, Billups is 31, Prince is 28, their core is basically still in their prime. I'd take Rip, Billups, Cassell and Sheed to take clutch 3's any day over those guys.
I never said he was exactly like Bruce i said a bruce TYPE player.
You can argue Billups wasnt the same "Mr. Bigshot" he was their championship run.
Sheed bad games:
Dec 11 @ MEM W 113 - 103 30 mins 3 - 11
Nov 04 vs. ATL W 92 - 91 37 mins 3 - 12
Dec 01 @ MIL W 117 - 91 30 mins 6 - 17
Nov 21 vs. NYK W 98 - 86 16 mins 3 - 7
Dec 16 vs. GSW W 109 - 87 23 mins 3 - 10
Jan 31 vs. LAL W 90 - 89 30 mins 3 - 13
Mar 23 @ WAS L 83 - 95 27 mins 3 - 12
Aight im getting bored but you get the point
They havent gotten out of the eastern conference finals w/ those four since that 1 championship...

thesparky33
07-05-2008, 09:35 PM

First off, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they voted honestly, because any other way, and it's cheating... plain and simple. Do we really have to get to the point of not allowing GMs of other teams to vote? :pity:

But anyway, I take the Pistons here, and it will go 5 games, 6 at the most.

PackCrewBuckBad
07-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes a bench is a lot.

I thought you were smarter :pity:
BTW, going off what you say, the Celtics are too old to win anything. Oh wait, didn't they just win a ring, and in dominating fashion?
It isn't like my guys are 36 years old and suck, they are at the ends of their prime, but it is still their PRIME. Foster=bench player.

phillyphan4ever
07-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Pistons

Nets fan 93
07-06-2008, 09:15 PM
bump

QuaLiThADoN
07-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Lets Go Nets!!!

ee
07-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Congrats to Greg.....nice one move for Kaman....:D