PDA

View Full Version : NBA MOCK Offseason WCF - #1 DAL vs #2 LAL - VOTE!

BlondeBomber41
07-05-2008, 02:28 AM
Dallas Mavericks Lineup:

Tyson Chandler - Eddy Curry - Steven Hunter
David West - Boris Diaw - Steve Novak
Josh Smith - Quinton Ross - Jared Jeffries
Dwyane Wade - Rodney Stuckey - Jarvis Hayes
Devin Harris - Marko Jaric - Salim Stoudamire

NBDL: Acie Law IV and Ersan Ilysova

Los Angeles Lakers Lineup:

Andrew Bynum - Fabricio Oberto - PJ Brown
Pau Gasol - Ronny Turiaf - Donyell Marshall
Josh Howard - Sasha Vujacic - Adam Morrison
Bruce Bowen - Rafer Alston - Matt Barnes
Kobe Bryant - Stephon Marbury - Marcus Williams

Dallas Mavericks have Home Court Advantage.

Dallas Mavericks Series Writeup:

First things first, I ask all Laker fans to realize this isnt real and it doesnt make you a bad fan to vote against the Lakers. Its a mock offseason, with fake rosters. So try to vote for who you feel honestly would win.

The Mavericks are the most balanced team in the NBA. With Dwyane Wade, David West, Josh Smith, Devin Harris, Eddy Curry, and Rodney Stuckey they will score a ton of points no doubt.

The difference between the Mavericks and other teams is the Mavericks will have a phenomenal defense. With Tyson Chandler anchoring the defense down low, a very good defensive PF in David West, one of the premiere perimeter defenders and shot blockers in Josh Smith, and a great defensive PG in Devin Harris the Mavericks will have the best defense in the NBA.

Obviously the main goal in stopping the Lakers is stopping Kobe Bryant. The Mavericks have tons of options to do so, with Josh Smith, Quinton Ross and Jared Jeffries all premiere perimeter defenders. They wont stop Kobe, but like the Celtics did, they will make everything much more difficult for him. Knowing they have a great defensive frontline behind them will allow them to play up on Kobe and really defend his shot.

The frontline of Tyson Chandler and David West is much tougher and more defensive oriented than Bynum/Gasol and will definently win that matchup.

Josh Smith and Josh Howard is a very even matchup, but Smiths versatility really gives him the edge in this matchup.

Then the backcourt comes down to 2006 Finals MVP Dwayne Wade and Devin Harris vs Kobe Bryant and whatever mediocre guard he deceides to play next to Kobe. They have the best backcourt player, we have the best backcourt. Period.

The Celtics beat the Lakers because they were a great offensive and defensive team. The Mavericks are the same, but with more defense and really more offense as well. We feel this is an easy decision.

Los Angeles Lakers Series Writeup:

We, the Lakers have a team with defense and offense combined. The Mavs have a great defense but we have a great offense. They have good offense and we have good defense. We all match out. The X factor in the game for both teams are Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade. There is NO way Dwayne Wade will get his points with Bowen playing him. Our starting lineup in this one will be:

Kobe
Bowen
Josh
Pau
Bynum

While the Mavs still have no one to even TRY stopping him. Dwayne Wade is not a defender and you guys need to get that out of your head.

juggla53
07-05-2008, 06:15 AM
LA, that team has so mutch depth its insane. All six of their big guys are very capable of contributing good minutes. The trio of kobe/j.howard/b.bowen would lock down the perimiter deffensivley. The teams are both stacked and it would be a battle no matter what, but in the end i think the lakers just have to much depth and I (like alot of people) would take kobe in the clutch over anyone.

_Sn1P3r_
07-05-2008, 09:15 AM
I say LA.

Ragun
07-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I like the Lakers.

superkegger
07-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Hmm, Kobe at the point, I'm not sure if I like that or not, I'm going to think on this one.

Ramon Nivar
07-05-2008, 02:17 PM
LA, that backcourt defense is amazing and I think altogether they are the better team.

QuaLiThADoN
07-05-2008, 02:54 PM
maverics should take this

Nets fan 93
07-05-2008, 02:57 PM
2 words: Kobe Bryant
Bowen on Wade lol sorry BB41...

BlondeBomber41
07-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Yall are driving me nuts. The Mavericks are a much better defensive team than the Lakers and will score a ton of points. Tyson Chandler and David West are one of the best defensive frontcourts in the league, and Devin Harris and Josh Smith are both ALL NBA type defenders.

Oh and Dwyane Wade has averaged 28 points on 46% shooting in his career against the Spurs, so acting like Bruce Bowen is gonna shut him down is nonsense.

Josh Smith, Quinton Ross and Jared Jeffries will all give Kobe more trouble than Bruce Bowen will give Wade.

Be enamored with Kobe Bryant all you want. The last two NBA Finals he was subpar, and really hasnt shown that "clutch" Kobe Bryant in the playoffs since game 4 of the First round against the Suns in 2005. Since then he has routinely dissapointed.

So I will take the more talented team, with the better defense anyday.

Dirty Dirk41
07-05-2008, 05:51 PM
mavs win this EASILY

superkegger
After much thought, I gotta go with the Mavs. I don't like Kobe at the point. I think he'd probably be in foul trouble having to deal with devin's speed, and while Kobe would take him to school on the offensive end, that might not play into the Lakers favor if Kobe is just dominating the ball. Plus Josh Howard has shown he doesn't perform in the playoffs. and adding marbury never helps a team. And bruce bowen is a senior friggin citizen, I'm not convinced at all he'd stop wade.

cambovenzi
LA in a walk.
kobe would dominate.
dwade would get stuffed by bowen like he said.

they also have the guard depth w/ alston, sasha, and marbury off the bench to switch kobe in and out of the PG and SG spots.

yes, the lakers lost the finals in real life 4-2.
that celtic team had better team D and matched up better than this mav team.
the lakers also didnt have bynum and bowen, which this team has.(great defense, and bynum is a presence on both sides of the court)

BlondeBomber41
07-05-2008, 06:16 PM
LA in a walk.
kobe would dominate.
dwade would get stuffed by bowen like he said.

they also have the guard depth w/ alston, sasha, and marbury off the bench to switch kobe in and out of the PG and SG spots.

yes, the lakers lost the finals in real life 4-2.
that celtic team had better team D and matched up better than this mav team.
the lakers also didnt have bynum and bowen, which this team has.(great defense, and bynum is a presence on both sides of the court)

What? Did you even listen to what I just said? Wade has always played great against Bowen. 28 PPG on 46% shooting.... and thats with a great defensive frontline behind Bowen, not Softie Gasol and Mr. Half a Season Andrew Bynum.

The real Celtics are not a better defensive team, are you nuts? KG anchored that defense, but Josh Smith is a better defender than Paul Pierce and Dwyane Wade a better defender than Ray Allen. Not to mention Devin Harris is a much better defender than Rajon Rondo. The Hornets were one of the best defensive teams in the NBA last year because of the frontline of Tyson Chandler and David West. It certainly wasnt Peja, Mo Pete or CP3 that made that defense what it was... it was the frontline.

Josh Smith can do to Kobe what James Posey did to him. He is bigger, stronger, quicker and more athletic than James Posey. To say Kobe would dominate is just you being the Laker homer that you are. Posey, Paul Pierce and Tayshaun Prince, and Raja Bell have all limited Kobe big time in the playoffs in the past couple years, and Josh Smith is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than any of them. Add two long, quick defensive aces in Quinton Ross and Jared Jeffries and the Mavericks have PLENTY of defense to throw at and tire Kobe.

You are right, they have three mediocre guards to bring in behind Kobe to play PG. Is that suppose to be an upside?

sanfranfan1210
07-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I think Dallas

mweb08
07-05-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm assuming we are talking about this years version of Wade, who wasn't that great. If this was peak Wade, I'd go with the Mavs, but since its not, and the team has terrible 3 point shooting, I'll go with the Lakers. The Lakers would make it difficult for the Mavs to score inside due to their lack of 3 point shooting.

The Mavs defense isn't as good as the Celtics either, the C's defense was great in large part due to their coaching, so it's not as simple as comparing rosters. Plus, West is poor defensively, Smith is a great weakside blocker, but not that good otherwise, and Wade is more of a gambler than a great defender. Sure, Harris is excellent, but wouldn't be a good match for Kobe, so he'd just end up wasting his talents on spot up shooters like Bowen and Sasha. I don't see them even having the defensive edge in this matchup.

PRETTY BIRD
07-05-2008, 07:33 PM
What? Did you even listen to what I just said? Wade has always played great against Bowen. 28 PPG on 46% shooting.... and thats with a great defensive frontline behind Bowen, not Softie Gasol and Mr. Half a Season Andrew Bynum.

The real Celtics are not a better defensive team, are you nuts? KG anchored that defense, but Josh Smith is a better defender than Paul Pierce and Dwyane Wade a better defender than Ray Allen. Not to mention Devin Harris is a much better defender than Rajon Rondo. The Hornets were one of the best defensive teams in the NBA last year because of the frontline of Tyson Chandler and David West. It certainly wasnt Peja, Mo Pete or CP3 that made that defense what it was... it was the frontline.

Josh Smith can do to Kobe what James Posey did to him. He is bigger, stronger, quicker and more athletic than James Posey. To say Kobe would dominate is just you being the Laker homer that you are. Posey, Paul Pierce and Tayshaun Prince, and Raja Bell have all limited Kobe big time in the playoffs in the past couple years, and Josh Smith is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than any of them. Add two long, quick defensive aces in Quinton Ross and Jared Jeffries and the Mavericks have PLENTY of defense to throw at and tire Kobe.

You are right, they have three mediocre guards to bring in behind Kobe to play PG. Is that suppose to be an upside?

LAKERS no matter how much of a point your trying to make....and if the only guy your depending on is wade, then your in trouble...I could see wade, even if he gets to the paint he still has to deal with the new twin towers......so what now your going to depend on wade's shooting:laugh2::no:the guy couldn't hit the ocean with a brick if he was on a boat:smoking:its over and its ok..:cry:

BlondeBomber41
07-05-2008, 07:54 PM
LAKERS no matter how much of a point your trying to make....and if the only guy your depending on is wade, then your in trouble...I could see wade, even if he gets to the paint he still has to deal with the new twin towers......so what now your going to depend on wade's shooting:laugh2::no:the guy couldn't hit the ocean with a brick if he was on a boat:smoking:its over and its ok..:cry:

Are you serious? Wade the only guy I am depending on?

What about David West? An All Star PF in the West. Over Pau Gasol by the way.

Josh Smith, 17 PPG and only getting better.

Devin Harris, 15/6 and only getting better.

Eddy Curry was a 20 PPG scorer two years ago on 60% shooting.

Rodney Stuckey is gonna explode in his second year.

Boris Diaw has All Star talent if he plays big minutes. He is a triple double threat any time he gets good minutes.

Dont make me puke with that Twin Towers stuff. Mr. Half a Season and Softie Gasol should never be called towers. David West and Tyson Chandler are real defensive big men, especially Tyson.

Catfish1314
07-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Dallas. BB41 pulled out probably the best job I've ever seen done to a team. Very impressive.

Kobe at the PG is a question mark for me. A lot of his points and success overall comes from receiving the ball at the elbow and creating from there. I'm sure he would do very well creating from the perimeter but he's not a point guard and he shouldn't be played there. The Mavericks have incredible depth and great defense at the most important positions.

Bynum and Gasol are overrated. Their size alone will not make them successful on this team or in real life. I love Bynum's potential but just like Eric Dampier and Bobby Simmons before him, he only has half a good season on his resume. Gasol is soft and that is best shown when playing against real competition at his opposing position. In this case, that's David West. West can stretch him out with his midrange shot or pound him around on the baseline.

PRETTY BIRD
07-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Are you serious? Wade the only guy I am depending on?

What about David West? An All Star PF in the West. Over Pau Gasol by the way.

Josh Smith, 17 PPG and only getting better.

Devin Harris, 15/6 and only getting better.

Eddy Curry was a 20 PPG scorer two years ago on 60% shooting.

Rodney Stuckey is gonna explode in his second year.

Boris Diaw has All Star talent if he plays big minutes. He is a triple double threat any time he gets good minutes.

Dont make me puke with that Twin Towers stuff. Mr. Half a Season and Softie Gasol should never be called towers. David West and Tyson Chandler are real defensive big men, especially Tyson.

it seems like your depending a little bit to much on the future..and some if you will, on the past......but this is about now...and right now, the lakers win....with all do respect of course....its just my opinion:cool:

PRETTY BIRD
07-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Dallas. BB41 pulled out probably the best job I've ever seen done to a team. Very impressive.

Kobe at the PG is a question mark for me. A lot of his points and success overall comes from receiving the ball at the elbow and creating from there. I'm sure he would do very well creating from the perimeter but he's not a point guard and he shouldn't be played there. The Mavericks have incredible depth and great defense at the most important positions.

Bynum and Gasol are overrated. Their size alone will not make them successful on this team or in real life. I love Bynum's potential but just like Eric Dampier and Bobby Simmons before him, he only has half a good season on his resume. Gasol is soft and that is best shown when playing against real competition at his opposing position. In this case, that's David West. West can stretch him out with his midrange shot or pound him around on the baseline.

this is kind of off topic but dont compare simmons and dampier to bynum....because bynum unlike those guys, is an athletic center, that dominated his last games of the season, not just played well....and the guy has the desire to be one of the best players, to ever played the game,and also has a great teacher in kareem, that wont let him do anything but get better...:smoking:

thesparky33
07-05-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Dallas on this.

Kobe at PG isnt a good move, cuz he wouldnt be as effective.

Also, I think Bynum is a huge question mark in terms of how good he'll be, if he even fully recovers, whereas I know David West and Tyson Chandler both will produce a great frontcourt duo, alongside a PF-ish Josh Smith at SF... this Dallas team is just outright sick...

Jay22Redd
07-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I wuz gonna say Dallas with the starting lineup but LAL is too deep

BlondeBomber41
07-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I wuz gonna say Dallas with the starting lineup but LAL is too deep

You do realize in the playoffs a team only guys like 8 or nine deep right?

So you say my starting lineup is better... and I would take Boris Diaw, Eddy Curry, Rodney Stuckey and Quinton Ross over Bowen, Oberto, Sasha and Ronny Turiaf.

If this was a preseason game in which third stringers got in, he probably has me. But its not... its the freakin Western Conference Finals.

phillyphan4ever
07-05-2008, 10:49 PM
damn really close...Mavs in a close one

Shieldsz
07-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Los Angeles FTW

K2OB4E
07-06-2008, 01:03 AM
How could anyone vote for LA and be serious?

Chandler > Bynum: Andrew has done crap in his career, what 30 good games and we are calling him an all-star, I think not.

West > Gasol: Gasol is soft, and all he can do is shot mid range jump shoots. West is an all-star

Smith = Howard: Pretty much the same player, although Smith is better on the defensive end

Dwade > Bruce: I know Bruce is good defensively but we all now Wade was hurt last year, and we all now what he is, AN ALL-STAR.

Kobe > Harris: Kobe is a point, I don't now how he would handle bringing the ball up the court, and passing it around. Most of the time when he has the ball in his hand he shoots.

And how can any say LA has more depth?

Curry > Oberto: Oberto is a PF and Curry is so good on defense and just wow.
Diaw > Turiaf: Diaw is a starter on A LOT, A LOT OF teams....
Ross = Sasha: Dont now much about ethier about Sasha is a little baby.
Stuckey > Alston: Stuckey is gonna be an all-star he had a great playoff series, stepped in when Billups was out and the Pistons didnt even miss a beat.
Jaric < Marbury: Marybury is still a cancer

tripleplay2007
07-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Mavs > Lakers (If Kobe was a PG he would shoot every time he took the ball up the court. Smith will shut Howard down, Mavs also have homecourt) Good job to both GM's. They did alot of work and improved these teams greatly!

AgentViet
07-06-2008, 11:31 PM
This is the real finals of the Mock Offseason IMO. The winner here should take the Finals. Mavs up by 1 with 3 hours remaining.

Nets fan 93
07-06-2008, 11:34 PM

Does this text talk:p???

lamar2006
07-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Lakers in 5.

jetsfan28
07-07-2008, 12:51 AM
After much thought, I gotta go with the Mavs. I don't like Kobe at the point. I think he'd probably be in foul trouble having to deal with devin's speed, and while Kobe would take him to school on the offensive end, that might not play into the Lakers favor if Kobe is just dominating the ball. Plus Josh Howard has shown he doesn't perform in the playoffs. and adding marbury never helps a team. And bruce bowen is a senior friggin citizen, I'm not convinced at all he'd stop wade.

Agree completely

#24 Lakerland
07-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Tied. What happens now?

BlondeBomber41
07-07-2008, 04:39 AM
Mavericks win the series for three reasons.

1. The Lakers GM and Assistant GM voted for the Lakers, while only the Mavericks GM voted for the Mavericks. So if you take out the votes of the GM's and only count votes by people not associated with either team, the Mavericks win by 1 vote.

2. The Mavericks were voted best team by the other GM's in the mock, giving them that advantage.

3. The Mavericks had homecourt advantage, another tie breaker.

BaRRySandAmaN
07-07-2008, 09:14 AM
I would take the Mavericks because I dont see who is going to bring the ball up and set the Offense. Kobe is Kobe but he is no PG that can start the Offense. That being said the Mavs will be able to slow down the Lakers

AgentViet
07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
Interesting, 32-32. :speechless:

#24 Lakerland
07-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Mavericks win the series for three reasons.

1. The Lakers GM and Assistant GM voted for the Lakers, while only the Mavericks GM voted for the Mavericks. So if you take out the votes of the GM's and only count votes by people not associated with either team, the Mavericks win by 1 vote.

2. The Mavericks were voted best team by the other GM's in the mock, giving them that advantage.

3. The Mavericks had homecourt advantage, another tie breaker.
:laugh:

Did u just make rules # 2 & 3 up? Haahhhahahaaaa!! Stopmaking up your own rules BB

BlondeBomber41
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
:laugh:

Did u just make rules # 2 & 3 up? Haahhhahahaaaa!! Stopmaking up your own rules BB

Didnt make up any rules. All the traditional tie breakers go to me.

I am gonna open a new poll though since nobody can just admit by the non bias vote the Mavericks won. Its the only fair way to deceide it, but I guess nobody has any interest in being fair.

Ragun
07-07-2008, 11:32 AM
If Mavs "win" this using BB41's "traditional tie-breakers", im automatically voting for the winner of the eastern conference.