PDA

View Full Version : If we use all of our Cap Room...

Saltinuts40
07-05-2008, 01:50 AM
We could set ourselves up for success by offering a max deal to Andre Iguodala, and then offer a contract to Josh Smith or Emeka Okafor.

Since we have about $25 mil, we can offer Iguodala $13 mil and Josh Smith $12 mil. Sixers only have about $12 mil of cap room, so we outbid them, and the Hawks don't spend money at all. The other option is Emeka Okafor for $12 mil and go with a more traditional PF.

Then we would be able to re-sign our own players (Ellis and Biedrins and we could move Harrington for Hinrich.

PG Ellis
SG Iguodala
SF Jackson
PF Smith or Okafor
C Biedrins

PG Hinrich
SG Bellinelli
SF Randolph
PF Wright
C Perovic

PG Watson
PF Hendrix

Conor
07-05-2008, 02:03 AM
If we sign Smith AND Iggy, we still have to sign Monta and Biedrins and assuming they both get in the 10 million range, we're looking at about 45 million spent per season between 4 guys in one offseason. That's a huge financial commitment to make, and I don't see it happening.

The83rdWonder
07-05-2008, 02:14 AM
Since we have about $25 mil, we can offer Iguodala $13 mil and Josh Smith $12 mil. Sixers only have about $12 mil of cap room, so we outbid them, and the Hawks don't spend money at all. The other option is Emeka Okafor for $12 mil and go with a more traditional PF.

That loophole has been closed with the Larry Bird Exception/Bird rights. Since Josh Smith has been with the Hawks for at least 3 years (Hawks gain Josh Smith's bird rights), the Hawks are able to match any offer without regard of the NBA salary cap. Same goes for Iggy.

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Billups
Ellis
Jackson
Smith
Biedrins

Telfair
Belinelli
Azubuike
Wright
F. Elson

Randolph
Hendrix

GSW Hoops
07-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Monta doesn't play PG. And unless Nelly really pushes it, I don't think he ever will.

And I wouldn't give Igodala a max deal.

bayareafan650
07-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Billups
Ellis
Jackson
Smith
Biedrins

Telfair
Belinelli
Azubuike
Wright
F. Elson

Randolph
Hendrix

how would we get billups?

Mister Mitty
07-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Monta doesn't play PG. And unless Nelly really pushes it, I don't think he ever will.

And I wouldn't give Igodala a max deal.

Totally agree. Monta doesn't have the court vision or ball handling abilities to be a 1. He can play it in spurts if need be.

The Ws have a lot of scorers, Monta, Jax, Harrington. They need a pass-first PG who makes their shots easier rather than each of them having to create 1 on 1 every possession.

One guy I've always liked and is a cheap option if we can trade for him: Steve Blake. He's a decent shooter, ball handler, and has a 5:1 Assist to TO ratio. Also, he has a cheap contract. Finally, he's terrible at D, which makes him fit right in with the Ws.

cali72888
07-07-2008, 12:29 AM
what about demonte west, he is a fast player who plays good defence, i believe.