PDA

View Full Version : Stolmy Pimentel

papipapsmanny
07-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Where the hell did this guy come from soxprospects has him as the 29th best redsox prospect, and he has posted some very good numbers and he has gotten to lowell at the age of 18!!!

i guess this is typicall of those kind of signings, the scouting report seems to like him a lot too

http://soxprospects.com/players/pimentel-stolmy.htm

Wake's Fastball
07-04-2008, 11:29 PM
You basically said it. He's one of the successes from the Sox' shotgun approach with Latin prospects.

kazzy4080
07-05-2008, 12:33 AM
people like him make me feel so bad bout myself, hes younger than me and is considered one of the best red sox prospects...

sorry for going on that tangent im only 18 and i hate seeing people my age so good as sports make me feel bad

but im really excited to see we got a really good young pitcher in our minors, we seem to be producing pitchers from our farm system like crazy, papelbon, lester, bucholz, masterson, bard, bowden, declarman, hansen

lil'papi
07-05-2008, 09:01 AM
They just signed a bunch more. I believe that kid signed for 20k. If not him another latin kid who is also good.

terriblemente69
07-05-2008, 01:48 PM
When you are so young (18 years old), you are so far away to be MLB ready and there are a lot of possibilities to not reach your potential, that is why he is the 29th best redsox prospect and he isnīt so high in that ranking

papipapsmanny
07-05-2008, 01:59 PM
When you are so young (18 years old), you are so far away to be MLB ready and there are a lot of possibilities to not reach your potential, that is why he is the 29th best redsox prospect and he isnīt so high in that ranking

when your 18 and in single A and doing very well in it so far..... that is impressive

i was just wondering who he was, never heard of him at alll and now he is ranked

BeAn 5 ToWnE
07-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I wish he was a catcher. :[

i am bob
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
I wish he was a catcher. :[

Lol ya :D

goldglove212
07-06-2008, 01:38 PM
people like him make me feel so bad bout myself, hes younger than me and is considered one of the best red sox prospects...

sorry for going on that tangent im only 18 and i hate seeing people my age so good as sports make me feel bad
but im really excited to see we got a really good young pitcher in our minors, we seem to be producing pitchers from our farm system like crazy, papelbon, lester, bucholz, masterson, bard, bowden, declarman, hansen

im 18 and right there with you :hi5::(

yaowowrocket11
07-06-2008, 02:50 PM
:laugh2:

He has a funny name!

Anyways, he is just a no name prospect. I expect to hear more about him as his career carries on.

RedSoxtober
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
You basically said it. He's one of the successes from the Sox' shotgun approach with Latin prospects.

Not exactly shot gun. He's a product of their Dominican academy.

While I agree that there's a long road ahead to Boston, there's also room to recognize what he's doing. Last year in the DSL he had a k/bb of 3:1 (66k/20bb in 62IP) and a go/ao of 2.16. This year the groundball tendencies are not as strong, but the 19k/3bb in 20IP is pretty impressive. The key that the Sox concentrate on in the low minors is controlling the FB and throwing first pitch strikes and he's clearly doing that well.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the NY-Penn guys are at least 1-2 yrs older (HS kids and the like getting time in the GCL -- he skipped it).

While we're at it, give some props to Brock Huntzinger who's having an even better season (20IP, 16K, 2bb, 0.65whip, 0.90era). Hope to see him in Greenville soon!

Wake's Fastball
07-06-2008, 09:12 PM

While I agree that there's a long road ahead to Boston, there's also room to recognize what he's doing. Last year in the DSL he had a k/bb of 3:1 (66k/20bb in 62IP) and a go/ao of 2.16. This year the groundball tendencies are not as strong, but the 19k/3bb in 20IP is pretty impressive. The key that the Sox concentrate on in the low minors is controlling the FB and throwing first pitch strikes and he's clearly doing that well.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of the NY-Penn guys are at least 1-2 yrs older (HS kids and the like getting time in the GCL -- he skipped it).

While we're at it, give some props to Brock Huntzinger who's having an even better season (20IP, 16K, 2bb, 0.65whip, 0.90era). Hope to see him in Greenville soon!

Well yeah, I realize that, but they're basically just holding onto whoever does well in the academy. I meant more that he wasn't really a highly-touted prospect, he was just one of the guys the Sox found with their programs down there.

terriblemente69
07-06-2008, 09:35 PM

I agree with you, but he has to prove at every level what he is able to do to climb the prospect rankings, he has done a great job so far and goes in the right direction, however, i`ll start to believe in Pimentel when i see him at A+ or AA doing the same

RedSoxtober
07-07-2008, 10:10 AM
I agree with you, but he has to prove at every level what he is able to do to climb the prospect rankings, he has done a great job so far and goes in the right direction, however, i`ll start to believe in Pimentel when i see him at A+ or AA doing the same

We need a nice oxymoron here like "skeptical optimism". Maybe "curbed enthusiasm" for the Sienfield folks... We don't need to go nuts over him as the next great thing, but certainly he is showing the right kinds of things at this level and well ahead of his peers.