PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod stands to lose millions in divorce

redbird89
07-04-2008, 10:03 PM
A-Rod stands to lose millions in divorce

If A-Rod's estranged wife files for divorce, she could claim half of his vast fortune as well as their three opulent homes and private jet, experts say.

"He'll be working on her farm team for the next couple of years," famed divorce lawyer Raul Felder said.

Baring an ironclad prenuptial agreement, Cynthia Rodriguez "has an excellent argument" that the Yankee slugger reached his celebrity zenith in their five years of marriage.

"You're going to need armies of accountants here because somebody has to compute what the celebrity status is worth," Felder said. "When we look back it may turn out that she ends up with more than half."

And what a half it is:

A-Rod earns about $29 million a year from the Yankees, more than the entire payroll of the Florida Marlins. He makes an additional $6 million annually in commercial endorsements. Sports Illustrated has estimated he'll make $445 million over the course of what would be a 24-year baseball career at the end of his newly inked $275 million, 10-year contract with the Bombers.

A-Rod and his wife own a $12 million, 8,310-square-foot mansion near Coral Gables, Fla., and recently bought a $13.5 million penthouse on the upper East Side.

The reigning American League MVP owns millions of dollars in rental properties in New York and Florida. He also owns a 22-seat Gulfstream jet worth more than $30 million.

Divorce experts also said Rodriguez could wind up paying a heavy chunk of his income on child support for the couple's two children, 3-year-old Natasha and 10-week-old Ella Alexander.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/A-Rod-stands-to-lose-millions-in-divorce?urn=mlb,91989

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

I've read that legally the dependent spouse (the wife in this case) can take half of what the breadwinner (A-rod) made in the course of their marriage. But she's dating Lenny Kravitz, so could he claim that she cheated on him? If so, she may get less. But he's been seen visiting Madonna's home, though I don't think anybody can prove anything.

I feel sorry for their kids. So young to have divorced parents and be involved in a legal battle.

Newport05
07-04-2008, 10:08 PM
never agreed with this women get half thing. A-rod made that money not her!

R. Johnson#3
07-04-2008, 10:20 PM
So the Yankees are sort of paying her now...

redbird89
07-04-2008, 10:33 PM

Sometimes I agree with it.

But he did make the money. Sometimes in cases like this the wife saves the couple a lot of money with child care by staying home. But they could certainly afford a nanny.

k_rock923
07-04-2008, 11:06 PM
I despise the 'wife gets half' deal. I will not get married without a prenuptial contract.

L-MiLLZ44
07-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I despise the 'wife gets half' deal. I will not get married without a prenuptial contract.

hell yeah, but **** arod who cares .... i hope u lose all ur money, and ur own merchandise tent, and ur private jet .. .... etc.

Shawh
07-04-2008, 11:19 PM

Amen, always go with a prenup.

iam brett favre
07-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Well then its a good thing he's getting so much money :up:

hizpcstr
07-04-2008, 11:51 PM

Same here, why should a women get half of what her ex husband is making??
If she doesnt want to be with her husband anymore she should get any of his money(except for child support).

BALLER71
07-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Holla We Went Want Prenup.
Because It's Something That You Need To Have, Because When She Leave, She Gonna Leave With Half.

Neely
07-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Holla We Went Want Prenup.
Because It's Something That You Need To Have, Because When She Leave, She Gonna Leave With Half.

Kanye, how you doin' brotha? Glad to see you're on PSD!!!

Seriously though, she shouldn't get half of anything, whether or not it's A-Rod.

Where did you hear A-Rod's wife is dating Lenny Kravitz? I heard they are just friends.

redbird89
07-05-2008, 01:41 AM

It's a little different for A-rod than the average person. If a middle-class family has the husband working the wife taking care of the kids, cooking, cleaning, things like that, she's saving some income. If something would happen to her, it would cost a lot for her husband to get child care, plus he would have to take from his free time to do any of the household chores she usually does. If something happened to him, she would lose her income. But based on what she does, though she doesn't get paid, she may be worth almost as much as her husband.

But in this case Cynthia Rodriguez is not worth as much as her husband. If something happened to her A-Rod could easily afford to hire housecleaners, cooks, child care and all of that. But if he died she would have virtually no more income. So, by law, he's worth a lot more than her.

So, sometimes the "each spouse gets half thing" makes sense and sometimes it doesn't.

redbird89
07-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Kanye, how you doin' brotha? Glad to see you're on PSD!!!

Seriously though, she shouldn't get half of anything, whether or not it's A-Rod.

Where did you hear A-Rod's wife is dating Lenny Kravitz? I heard they are just friends.

Whether or not they are kind of depends on the source you're reading. I'm not sure anyone besides the two of them knows for sure. They can deny they're dating, but anybody would be suspicious that she's good friends with Lenny Kravitz and A-Rod is hanging out with Madonna on the heels of their separation.

Ragun
07-05-2008, 01:54 AM
He doesnt deserve all that frigging 250 million anyway...**** his agent's *** with a horse dick.

Jeremy5150
07-05-2008, 02:03 AM
His dicking around was a $200 million dollar mistake... I hope that scary wench Madonna was worth it. "D"-Rod's accounts say NO...LOL

BkGMen4Life
07-05-2008, 02:36 AM
what would happen if she mysteriously disappeared...aka he had he dealt with?

THE_FLASH_21
07-05-2008, 10:05 AM

I'm 100% with that!!! The Lady is know gonna be a +100 millionaire... CRAZY.. HE does all that work, they split and she wins the lottery??

C-ross12
07-05-2008, 11:32 AM
what would happen if she mysteriously disappeared...aka he had he dealt with?

Lol oh my. I dont know why I laughed so hard when I read this. Thanks for the posts and keep up the good posting. You sir have earned it.

misterd
07-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Wife getting half made more sense pre-women's lib, and also makes more sense when the income is at a lower level, so that she could make ends meet. When we're talking about tens of millions, she could easily live on far less than half of that money.

NeonStatus
07-05-2008, 01:31 PM
No one actually confirmed Arod did anything with Madonna. They were just seen dinning out together and someone SAID that they seen him going to her apartment.

Madonna or Arod should say something to clarify this.

If Cynthia can be "just friends" with Lenny, then maybe Arod is "just friends" with Madonna. But if Arod is more than friends with Madonna, then he is being stupid.

GOODLUCKDONNIE
07-05-2008, 01:39 PM
you dont see this happening to david wright =]