PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis Is Very Interested in the Knicks

Aceindahole140
07-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Lets get this guy already. He wants to come to Knicks and hes a great young guard in the making. Espn's Rumor Central says hes interested in the knicks. Jamal can be a six man on the team and we could shoot the lights out with Crawford, Duhon, Ellis, Gallinari and maybe even Q RIch who had the best season of his career under D'Antoni. We are waiting for 2010 which is stupid because there is no guarentee that anyone is gonna sign with us. Lebrons going to the NETS, Chris Paul Got an extension and there are some other players available. I believe that we can really compete now if we make the right moves. Get Monta Ellis and a defensive back up center. Drop Randolph, Marbury and Mardy Collins.

Pran Raznor
07-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Monte Ellis is very interested in $

HOZ THE KNICK
07-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Monte Ellis is very interested in $

true that!

JOE WE WANT 27
07-04-2008, 06:57 PM
i would give the kid anything he wants to come here he is a future all-star that would be great in our new system and he could also be great in attracting other stars in the future

trout1627
07-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Duhon is apparantly coming to the Knicks with a promise to start. Warriors will need a point guard. How about sending Marbury and another player to the Warriors for Ellis. Of course, no one will want Marbury's 21 million salary. So can we agree to pay half, or more of his salary for the Warriors? This way we get something in return - Ellis - and Marbury still comes off the books next year. The Warriors would have a point guard - Marbury, and we would be paying half (or more) of his salary for a year. The rest of the salary would go to Ellis. I realize we may have to part with another player as well, but this would land us Ellis and solve the Warriors' point guard problem for a while.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Duhon is apparantly coming to the Knicks with a promise to start. Warriors will need a point guard. How about sending Marbury and another player to the Warriors for Ellis. Of course, no one will want Marbury's 21 million salary. So can we agree to pay half, or more of his salary for the Warriors? This way we get something in return - Ellis - and Marbury still comes off the books next year. The Warriors would have a point guard - Marbury, and we would be paying half (or more) of his salary for a year. The rest of the salary would go to Ellis. I realize we may have to part with another player as well, but this would land us Ellis and solve the Warriors' point guard problem for a while.

is they allowed to do that?

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Duhon signed with the Knicks. Now can we finally cease with the Monta Ellis rumors???

Monta by Da Bay fo LIFE!!!

trout1627
07-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Why cease the Monta Ellis rumors. He's younger and better than Crawford. If we can get him, why not have a high scoring pg as our sg while Duhon is our pg? With my idea, we can get rid of Marbury too.

garlicboy
07-04-2008, 08:10 PM
By the way, no way, no chance we take Marbury. ZERO. Teams wouldn't take Marbury if you paid them.

trout1627
07-04-2008, 08:25 PM
No wonder you want the Ellis rumors to end.

Afridi786
07-04-2008, 09:27 PM
wth, how r u exactly going to get him? u have no cap room and u have nothing to trade to the warriors.

still a fan
07-04-2008, 09:36 PM

You really do not understand the business side of the NBA??

Sorry it was a very nice try but no can do!!!!

First the half the salary no can't do it, the NBa wants to give the smaller market teams equal opportunity so the most is 3MIL.

2nd- the salaries have to match up within 125% which means if they take Steph and we get Ellis thaey would have to throw in players not us to make this deal.

This is the reason steph is still a knick because it is really hard to match salaries with his!!!

Sports Illustrator
07-04-2008, 10:33 PM
While the Knicks continue to wait for Chris Duhon to accept or reject their offer, another interesting scenario is beginning to surface involving Monta Ellis, the dynamic young guard for the Golden State Warriors. Ellis, 22, a restricted free agent, is starting to draw a great deal of attention in several sign-and-trade scenarios. A person with knowledge of the situation said nine teams have made inquiries about Ellis. The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers have shown the most interest. The Knicks, who are searching for point guard help, are not one of those teams, but a second source said the Knicks have been monitoring the situation. Warriors executive vice president Chris .Mullin has maintained he .intends to sign Ellis. Knicks president Donnie Walsh and Mullin are close, so Walsh won't act unless Mullin is ready to deal. A person close to Ellis said the lightning-quick guard "would be very interested in the Knicks" and especially playing for D'Antoni.

From New York Newsday (http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix0704,0,1813466.story)

garlicboy
07-05-2008, 03:50 AM
The Warriors are interested in Lebron, we're also interested in Boozer, Dwight Howard, but there is no way on earth we obtain these players.

Mullin is not even taking calls for Monta.

Agents are doing what agents do, starting rumors, trying to get teams antsy to increase the contrat's that their players are going to sign. Which is why the Dubs were interested in Arenas, Brand, Maggette and everyone else, cause the Dubs are one of the ONLY teams that can afford to sign these guys for more than the MLE.

Weezy
07-05-2008, 09:11 AM
No.

Research first before posting but thanks for posting that we will continue to suck for the next 4 years. Keep up the great work. I love the Warriors but idiotic fans like you make them even look bad.

At least we arent going around the places offering max contracts to everyone(Arenas :rolleyes:) and wishing for them to come which they wont even bother coming cause your best player just bounced outa the bay. Reminds me of someone....hmm OH THATS RIGHT, Isiah Thomas.

Anthony Randolph will get injured and break in half the next time he drives to the lane. He is way too skinny.

pedsdmd
07-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Golden State is one of the most Inept teams and a team that NEVER Keeps its star players.

Guess thats a trickle down from the Fans

Anji
07-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Anthony Randolph is the truth.......... I wish we drafted him.

xxblaz3inxx
07-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I want this kid bad we need a sign and trade with golden state .......if we are able to get him duhon won't be starting

GOODLUCKDONNIE
07-05-2008, 01:37 PM
please get this kid please

Sports Illustrator
07-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Since the Knicks have signed Chris Duhon to the full MLE, the talks of the Knicks acquiring Monta Ellis will calm a bit. Monta Ellis would have never accepted an MLE offer from the Warriors anyway.

On the other hand, the only way we could possibly acquire him is if we do a sign and trade deal with the Golden State Warriors, but I can't see the Warriors being interested in some of our players in order to make a trade happen.

KnicksFan4Years
07-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Anthony Randolph is the truth.......... I wish we drafted him.

The Truth is in Boston. Anthony Randolph is likely not going to be much more than a more offensive/less defensive Jarred Jeffries.

Anji
07-05-2008, 03:01 PM
You like Jared though, whats the problem then???:rolleyes:

HawaiiStyle
07-05-2008, 05:31 PM
monta ellis would have been a great pickup and would have been our first true point guard in a long time and i do mean LONG time. He is probably the most under rated pg in the league. Really wish we would have made a better play for him but from what I hear we are promosing Duhon a starting spot. I hope duhon can step up to his college days but im not sure about that.

jaydagreat
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
for bout zbo, lee, nate for ellis, a. randolph plus 1st pick or filler

jaydagreat
07-05-2008, 06:24 PM
good front court wit chandler, randoplh , rooster n eddy

ari1013
07-05-2008, 07:25 PM
for bout zbo, lee, nate for ellis, a. randolph plus 1st pick or filler
That's a total dream.

If GS agrees to a S&T with us, we'll be the ones giving up the prospects, not them.

Something like Marbury's expiring deal, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, and Mardy Collins

For

Monta (signed for 4 years at $52M = starting salary of $10M), Al Harrington, and Kosta Perovic

That way we clear cap room for them -- and deliver a couple of prospects along with it.

Barnaby8787
07-05-2008, 07:40 PM
For the amount of money its gonna cost to get monta, its not worth it. Granted, the guy is a great upcoming player, but it will most likely interfere with the salary cap necessary to sign Lebron, so most likely, it's not worth it.

ari1013
07-06-2008, 09:27 AM
For the amount of money its gonna cost to get monta, its not worth it. Granted, the guy is a great upcoming player, but it will most likely interfere with the salary cap necessary to sign Lebron, so most likely, it's not worth it.
Well yes, he'd have to be our superstar. The question is whether or not he could fill that role.

thedfactor
07-06-2008, 09:34 AM
He would be fun to see under D'Antoni