PDA

View Full Version : Will Delfino Re-sign?

RoyHalladay#32
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Will Carlos stay a Raptor next season. He would definitely be a great guy off the bench.

ramz.n
07-04-2008, 04:20 PM
i don't think hes gonig to return..he would have accepted the 2.7m offer already..i just think hes planning to back to Europe because they are offering him more money..but if he stays in the NBA Toronto will be at the top of the list..afterall we are the team that gave him the opportunity to play...he should return a favour and resign :D

Bob_at_york
07-04-2008, 04:29 PM
I think a team in Europe will offer him a starting job and a long-term contract and he will take it.

AgentViet
07-04-2008, 04:44 PM
No, he'll take a bigger role with bigger pay in Europe.

lapeapod
07-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I think Carlos will weigh all offers that come his way and make a decision on lots of factors. This is the first time in his career he's had a bit of say in what happens to him and he's looking for a three year deal. So far Toronto has the one year qualifying offer on the table for 2.7 million. San Antonio, Cleveland and Orlando are the three other NBA teams with interest. One Russian team is interested in Carlos but I've got to think he's going to stay and play in the NBA.

Delfino is my favorite player on the Raptors so I hope he does come back. He's not crazy about the cold weather (can't really blame him since I live in sunny Tucson), so my bet is he signs on with San Antonio and plays with his Argentinian compatriots. If San Antonio signs Maggette then Delfino will probably end up in Orlando.

The Raptors probably won't match a higher offer so for Carlos it's a multi-year deal first, then the money second.

Musical Tempo
07-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I doubt Delfino will resign with Toronto. He will make more money in Europe and see more playing time. I think he should just stay and see how nice the Raptor's are going to be next year. Who knows he could be 6th man and maybe even win a championships.

Ragun
07-04-2008, 06:10 PM
raptors can match any offer but I dont think they will.

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Doubt he'll stay.

Raptors27
07-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Wish he would stay.

Fion
07-05-2008, 01:56 AM
i hope so, but i dont think so.

reevanson
07-05-2008, 01:57 AM
I really hope he will stay but I have my doubts. The thing I will miss most if he leaves if his fearlessness!

nads83
07-05-2008, 09:07 AM
our bench looks thin without him. delfino is a great player off the bench. hope he comes back, we're gonna need him

raptor fan
07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
i don't think he's coming back, but i think we should look to acquire something in return for him (draft picks), and try not to get back a contract, seeing how we're experiencing cap problems as it is. I heard the spurs want him, and an intriguing trade could be delfino for the rights to tiago splitter. Splitter wont be a raptor for a couple of years, but i think it would be worth the wait.