PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade

BALLER71
07-04-2008, 01:37 PM
There was a time where Wade was easily a top 5 player. Until he had that shoulder injury, after surgery it seems as if he's fully healed.
What can we expect from Wade and how do you think he will perform next year?

Ramon Nivar
07-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I think he will get injured next season, but will average about 22/8 when healthy.

Ragun
07-04-2008, 01:40 PM
He will perform and will lead his team to a playoff spot with Beasley and a healthy Haslem with Marion.

lakers4sho
07-04-2008, 01:43 PM
He can easily average 25ppg when healthy. It also motivates you when your team is doing well.

superkegger
07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
I think he'll return to form, and be that top 5 player he was.

Knicks845
07-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah, i agree with everyone so far... I think he'll have a good season "IF" healthy, and get into the playoffs.

DQL
07-04-2008, 01:50 PM
I think he will get injured next season, but will average about 22/8 when healthy.

When he injuried last year he still put up 24.6 pts. In 05-06 and 06-07 he scored more than 27 pts per season. There's no way he will score that low. I expect him to put up 25/8 next season

superkegger
07-04-2008, 01:52 PM
When he injuried last year he still put up 24.6 pts. In 05-06 and 06-07 he scored more than 27 pts per season. There's no way he will score that low. I expect him to put up 25/8 next season

well with marion and beasley, he doesn't have to score as much. It'll be like kobe this last year, he won't have to score as much, but he'll still be the electric guy he was. but you're probably right, he'll probably put up near 25 a game.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-04-2008, 02:02 PM
comeback player of the yr this season.

King Koopa
07-04-2008, 02:05 PM
wades a Baller he should come back and Avg maybe 25 or 26 pts per and like 7 or 8 ast. Since he has Beasley and Marion to pass it too i expect his Ast to go up more then his Scoring.

superkegger
07-04-2008, 02:09 PM
comeback player of the yr this season.

thats no longer an award....

daleja424
07-04-2008, 02:18 PM
well with marion and beasley, he doesn't have to score as much. It'll be like kobe this last year, he won't have to score as much, but he'll still be the electric guy he was. but you're probably right, he'll probably put up near 25 a game.

he put up 27 points per game twice while the heat had shaq...

LakeShow
07-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I'd expect him to do quite well. Probably average around 27points per game. But I think his assists per game average will decrease a little with the Big Cactus being in Phoenix.

The question is whether or not he has found another way to be an offensive threat other than flinging his body into the lane (into defenders/foul calls). While very effective, unless Wade wants to have a shortened (and therefore less productive) career, Wade needs to change the way he plays the game.

Master Mind
07-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Wade is gonna be Top 3, no doubt....

daleja424
07-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Wade is gonna be Top 3, no doubt....

Ill say top 5 but not 3 b/c there are already 3 players that will be almost garenteed to be better then wade next year... CP3, Kobe, Lebron... Wade will be in the group right behind those 3 that includes Pierce, KG, Duncan, Stoudamire, Williams, and Howard I think...

Hotone1401
07-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Wade has never been a top 5 player and that also goes for Melo. The kid is good but not that good.

Top 5 players over the last 3 or 4 years has been Kobe, Nash, KG, Duncan, and Lebron. I don't really see where Wade fits in the top 5 even before his injury. With that said, I hope the kid returns back to form but I doubt he will get any better til he develops a jumpshot.

daleja424
07-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Wade has never been a top 5 player and that also goes for Melo. The kid is good but not that good.

Top 5 players over the last 3 or 4 years has been Kobe, Nash, KG, Duncan, and Lebron. I don't really see where Wade fits in the top 5 even before his injury. With that said, I hope the kid returns back to form but I doubt he will get any better til he develops a jumpshot.

seiously...coming out of the 06 playoffs and into the 06-07 season wade was THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE...

Melo has clearly never been a top 5 player... but don't link melo and wade together. wade is A LOT better then Melo... Perfect example of how soon people forget greatness

MiamiHeat
07-04-2008, 02:40 PM

nash?? you serious his probably in the top 10 not top 5
duncan getting old, kg getting old. paul should replace duncan

Master Mind
07-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Everyone is entitled to there opinion but a player's production tells it all...In 06 D-Wade literally carried the Heat in the finals something Lebron or Kobe couldn't do...

daleja424
07-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Everyone is entitled to there opinion but a players production tells it all...In 06 D-Wade literally carried the Heat in the finals something Lebron or Kobe couldn't do...

Thats right. The team Kobe had around him was a lot better then the one Wade had around him. The difference is Wade rose to the occasion and Kobe didnt

LayZbone
07-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Thats right. The team Kobe had around him was a lot better then the one Wade had around him. The difference is Wade rose to the occasion and Kobe didnt

but keep in mind their opponents.....that Boston defense would be too much for any team. Lets not turn this into a Kobe vs Wade thread though...

to answer the thread...i think Wade will return to his true form and be just outside the top 5 after next season.

daleja424
07-04-2008, 03:56 PM
but keep in mind their opponents.....that Boston defense would be too much for any team. Lets not turn this into a Kobe vs Wade thread though...

to answer the thread...i think Wade will return to his true form and be just outside the top 5 after next season.

Its not a Kobe Wade debate at all.... the point is not that I think wade is as good as Kobe, just that there are things wade have done that put him in the same catagory... its absurd that people would say that Wade was NEVER a top 5 player...

marlinsfan24
07-04-2008, 04:04 PM
wow to the ppl who think wade isnt a top 5 player.

wade will become a top 5 player again next year, but he can do even better with the team around him

Master Mind
07-04-2008, 04:10 PM
wow to the ppl who think wade isnt a top 5 player.

wade will become a top 5 player again next year, but he can do even better with the team around him

Agreed...

BALLER71
07-04-2008, 04:23 PM

Please watch Dallas vs. Miami.

united41290
07-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Ill say top 5 but not 3 b/c there are already 3 players that will be almost garenteed to be better then wade next year... CP3, Kobe, Lebron... Wade will be in the group right behind those 3 that includes Pierce, KG, Duncan, Stoudamire, Williams, and Howard I think...

Top 5 when healthy

Kobe
Lebron
Howard
Paul
Wade

Jepetto1872
07-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I think Wade will still be a good player, but he will try to get Marion and Beasley involved a lot....I also this he will take more jump shots and not drive as much...

My prediction: 19.3 ppg and 9.4 apg

SwaggaIke
07-04-2008, 04:44 PM
I saw a video on Wade last night, Tim Grover said w/ the workouts that he's been doing since May Wade will be the most explosive he has EVER BEEN IN HIS CAREER. That spells doom for opposing two's. Mind you Tim Grover was Jordan's trainer throughout his career. Wade says he also plans to give it at the defensive end. That in itself will propel Wade back into top 5 status. I expect 26-28 ppg, 4-6 rpg and 6-8 apg along w/ a strong leadership approach. This is now his team, he needs to step up to the plate and assume his role.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/teams/heat/wade_summer_chicago_rehab.asx

^Video link. It opens in WMP.

ManRam
07-04-2008, 04:50 PM
If Wade could hit the three, and cut down the TOs, I think he'd easily be a top 5 player, right up there with LeBron and Kobe.

He'll bounce back well, without a doubt. 26-28 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, while shooting around 50% from the field are expected numbers from him IMO. They wont be an amazing team, because Beasley is young, and Marion is not a good #2 option, but they'll make a run for the playoffs, and maybe get in. I'm also not worried about him getting injured. I think he'll stay healthy.

Lakersfan2483
07-04-2008, 04:59 PM
D. Wade should be back to form next year, he will get you 25ppg and 7apg, he's a very talented player, top 5 player in my opinion.

BaRRySandAmaN
07-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Wade will be comeback player of the year and will flourish with Beasley and Marion. If Haslem can come back to healthy status the Heat will be a very nice squad

MELO 15
07-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I can't believe how many MELO HATERS are out there. This guy before the knicks encounter, was on his way to being the league MVP speaking of how people 4get. What people also seem to not wanna realize is how MELO PLAYS in a tough western conference, LEBRON AND WADE plays in what most people would call the JV league. Put MELO in the eastern conference, and the numbers he'd put up would make him the best. So respect Melo's game and stop saying nonsense like Melo not being a top five. 4 crying out loud, look who has been the top player 4 team usa. LET ME PUT THE CHERRY ON TOP OF THIS ONE, GO BACK TO WHEN LEBRON PLAYED MELO FROM HIGH SCHOOL ON TO THE PROS, Melo HAS GOTTEN THE BEST OF HIM. THE SAME GOES 4 WADE. HE OUT PERFOMS BOTH OF THEM HEAD TO HEAD.

Lakersfan2483
07-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Top 5 players in the NBA:

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Duncan
4. Wade
5. CP3

Lakersfan2483
07-04-2008, 05:42 PM
nash?? you serious his probably in the top 10 not top 5
duncan getting old, kg getting old. paul should replace duncan

Tim Duncan has 4 titles, 2 MVPs, finals mvps, you can't compare CP3 to Duncan.

Lakersfan2483
07-04-2008, 05:44 PM
I can't believe how many MELO HATERS are out there. This guy before the knicks encounter, was on his way to being the league MVP speaking of how people 4get. What people also seem to not wanna realize is how MELO PLAYS in a tough western conference, LEBRON AND WADE plays in what most people would call the JV league. Put MELO in the eastern conference, and the numbers he'd put up would make him the best. So respect Melo's game and stop saying nonsense like Melo not being a top five. 4 crying out loud, look who has been the top player 4 team usa. LET ME PUT THE CHERRY ON TOP OF THIS ONE, GO BACK TO WHEN LEBRON PLAYED MELO FROM HIGH SCHOOL ON TO THE PROS, Melo HAS GOTTEN THE BEST OF HIM. THE SAME GOES 4 WADE. HE OUT PERFOMS BOTH OF THEM HEAD TO HEAD.

Melo is in the top ten for sure, he just has to develop more of an all-around game, it's not about scoring and one-on-one its about making others better, which he is still learning to do, but he definitely has the talent to be a top 5 player.

Lakersfan2483
07-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Everyone is entitled to there opinion but a player's production tells it all...In 06 D-Wade literally carried the Heat in the finals something Lebron or Kobe couldn't do...

Wade also had a Seven foot Center named Shaq who was doubled every time and allowed him to play against one guy, and Wade had some nice role players around him, he put on a show, but he didn't play a defense as Great as San Antonio or Boston, you can't compare the Mavs defense to those great defenses.

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I think he'll be back to form because he rested around the end of the season and is going to practice with Team USA.

pimpunleashed
07-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Wade is in the top 5...Only Lebron,Kobe & maybe Paul are in top of him there is no other

BALLER71
07-04-2008, 05:59 PM
What's with everyone putting Paul above TD.
I'm a huuuuuuge TD hater but I give credit when it's due.
Please tell me what Paul has done in this league?
Don't worry I'll wait...
Paul is a great player and in the future he will be a top 3 player in this league but I will take 4 rings over 2nd place in MVP voting all day.

Hotone1401
07-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Top 5 is easily Kobe, CP3, KG, Duncan, and Lebron. Dwayne Wade still needs a jumpshot to be considered a top 5 player. Not to mention his defense is still suspect. Anybody saying he was ever a top 5 player is seriously overrating the guy.

Please don't bring up the Finals against the Mavs either. That was the same series where the refs blew every whistle for Wade's floppin arse and everytime someone grazed him. It was also the same series where Shaq was the one drawing all the attention leaving Avery Johnson to go with the decision of playing the kid one on one. As I remember, Gary Payton was the one who made the biggest shot in the series. People also forget that he was playing with ZO, Antoine Walker, and James Posey. The kid is good don't get me wrong. I just really have a hard time putting a guy in the top 5 of all basketball players in the world when he can't even hit a jumpshot consistently. But I guess that is just my opinion.:cool:

zezak
07-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Top 5 is easily Kobe, CP3, KG, Duncan, and Lebron. Dwayne Wade still needs a jumpshot to be considered a top 5 player. Not to mention his defense is still suspect.

Please don't bring up the Finals against the Mavs either. That was the same series where the refs blew every whistle for Wade's floppin arse and everytime someone grazed him. It was also the same series where Shaq was the one drawing all the attention leaving Avery Johnson to go with the decision of playing the kid one on one. As I remember, Gary Payton was the one who made the biggest shot in the series. People also forget that he was playing with ZO, Antoine Walker, and James Posey. The kid is good don't get me wrong. I just really have a hard time putting a guy in the top 5 of all basketball players in the world when he can't even hit a jumpshot consistently. But I guess that is just my opinion.:cool:

Every one has an opionion I guess. But to say, that Wade can't hit a jump shot is mind blowing. He has one of the best mid range jump shots in the league.

daleja424
07-04-2008, 10:38 PM

The weak eastern conference is responsible for 3 of the past 4 NBA champs. And if melo played in the east his numbers would be way DOWN. Melo plays in a system that inflates numbers like crazyyy!

and Melo may score more points... but I am pretty sure the Bron and wade have been to more finals... more conference finals...more second rounds even then carmello Anthony... Anthony is a great scorer... but thats it....

MELO 15
07-04-2008, 11:21 PM
The weak eastern conference is responsible for 3 of the past 4 NBA champs. And if melo played in the east his numbers would be way DOWN. Melo plays in a system that inflates numbers like crazyyy!

and Melo may score more points... but I am pretty sure the Bron and wade have been to more finals... more conference finals...more second rounds even then carmello Anthony... Anthony is a great scorer... but thats it....

WHY because they both play in the JV LEAGUE. And how do u figure that if melo was in the east it would be different. If ur a scorer, it doesn't matter where u play, u still have the title scorer. each of the nuggets first round opponents with the exception of the clippers have gone on to represent the west. How do u explain melo being the best for team usa, with guys like kobe lebron wade dwight,was it by chance? I don't think so. Melo may lack D, but he is the best all around offensive player in the game, that means he has no weakness on the offensive end, PERIOD

Dalionking
07-04-2008, 11:35 PM
There was a time where Wade was easily a top 5 player. Until he had that shoulder injury, after surgery it seems as if he's fully healed.
What can we expect from Wade and how do you think he will perform next year?

he could have another great season

that wheelchair scene was still too funny. if your shoulder hurts, why wont your legs work?

Durant is hype
07-04-2008, 11:44 PM
I saw a video on Wade last night, Tim Grover said w/ the workouts that he's been doing since May Wade will be the most explosive he has EVER BEEN IN HIS CAREER. That spells doom for opposing two's. Mind you Tim Grover was Jordan's trainer throughout his career. Wade says he also plans to give it at the defensive end. That in itself will propel Wade back into top 5 status. I expect 26-28 ppg, 4-6 rpg and 6-8 apg along w/ a strong leadership approach. This is now his team, he needs to step up to the plate and assume his role.

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/teams/heat/wade_summer_chicago_rehab.asx

^Video link. It opens in WMP.

Yes some great news I expect him to be in the top 4.

Dalionking
07-04-2008, 11:47 PM
when wade is healthy he is absolutely sick. the only thing i dont like is that he falls down on every f#cking play like he got hit by ray lewis

stawka
07-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Not to sound like an idiot, but I said as soon as Shaq gets traded or retires from Miami, Wade will struggle. It's obvious Shaq is not half of what he used to be, but he did open up the court for Wade. With Shaq getting the doubles, Wade would be single-covered. Now with Shaq gone, the focus would be on Wade a lot more then it was.

Luckily the Heat drafted Beasley because he too will free up the court for him - otherwise he would have ended up like Kobe a couple of years back... constantly getting doubled and tripled. I expect him to make a comeback and have another All-Star, or hopefully an MVP-type season. Cant wait to see him and Beasley beasting it out together

Hotone1401
07-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Every one has an opionion I guess. But to say, that Wade can't hit a jump shot is mind blowing. He has one of the best mid range jump shots in the league.

Really?!?!? That is news to me! LOL! I think I can name 20 players in the league that have a better midrange game than Wade so please don't give me that lol. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. I leave you to yours.;)

Packersfan
07-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Really?!?!? That is news to me! LOL! I think I can name 20 players in the league that have a better midrange game than Wade so please don't give me that lol. But everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. I leave you to yours.;)

Wade cannot shoot the 3pt shot well, but he is a great mid-range shooter, you cant take that away from the man. He may flop, and fall for a call, but his mid-range shot is pretty good. Of course there are ppl with a better shot than him, but he still has a good mid-range shot. If its news to u, than u werent watching the NBA when he was healthy.