PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Anderson anyone?

Countdown
07-04-2008, 01:34 PM
I think he could be a good 3 string PG to have around.

JERMAINE ANDERSON
Position: Guard
Born: Febuary 8, 1983
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 180lbs
Hometown: Toronto, ON
High School: Eastern Commerce High School
College/University: Fordham University '06 (NCAA)

NATIONAL TEAM HIGHLIGHTS:
2004... In the Four Nations Tour contributed 4.3 points, 1.2 assists, and 1.5 rebounds over six games…Added a personal high of eight points in a victory over China.

2005... FIBA Qualifier, played 19 minutes against Venezuela scored five points… grabbed four rebounds against Panama… shot .280 from two point range in the Brazil game…In the Copa Eletrobas tournament, averaged 12.7 points, 1.3 assists, and 1.7 rebounds… Was second in team scoring with 15 points and two assists against Argentina…In two exhibition games against Brazil, averaged 9.5 points, 2.0 assists, and 2.5 rebounds…Was second in team scoring in game two against Brazil with 14 points.

2006... Started in one of three games at the International Alpos Cup… Averaged 6.0 points in 12.0 minutes… Shot .538 from the field and .429 from beyond the arc… Scored 13 points vs. Venezuela… Averaged 26.0 minutes and 8.0 points in two games vs. Germany… Recorded 4.0 rebounds and 2.5 assists… Started all three games of the Diego Gianatti Tournament… Averaged 18.0 minutes and 5.0 points… Scored eight points in the tournament opener vs. Italy.

2007... Played in all five games for Canada at the Pan American Games…Second on team in scoring with 11.4 points per game…Scored 17 points in preliminary loss to Virgin Islands…19 points and 5 assists while leading team in minutes at Tuto Marchand Cup…Averaged 9 points, 4 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game in 28.5 minutes, while shooting .426 from the field.

http://www.basketball.ca/en/hm/inside.php?sid=149&id=1494

Video
http://www.thescore.com/Video/Player.aspx?vid=1751

I think Bryan Calangelo should take a chance on him. He's playing on the National team so the competition would get him ready for the NBA. He would be signed for the minimum, he'll be so happy to be playing for his hometown.

Does anyone else think that he would be a guy to take a risk on? IMO he is a low risk, high reward type of guy.

The video says he's the definition of a coaches dream. He's a good defender.

BRYAN CALANGELO PLEASE SIGN THIS MAN FOR THE SEASON. IF ANYONE KNOWS BRYAN, GIVE HIM THIS IDEA.

Raptors27
07-04-2008, 01:39 PM
Not a bad idea, but for our 3rd string PG Ithink we need an old vet.

Bob_at_york
07-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I would prefer an NBA vet.

Jwizel_hitshrs
07-04-2008, 02:16 PM
old vet yes.....young pup no hehe

Ragun
07-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Not now...let him get better in Europe and maybe in a few years we can sign him.

Musical Tempo
07-04-2008, 06:01 PM
How much money would he make here?
Why not have Dehnim Brown at SG?

I really don't see J-Rock coming to the Raptors unless he makes alot of money to support his family because I doubt Toronto would pay him more then Europe. I could see him coming here when he is past his prime.

Other Toronto Native that could help us ride the bench

Vlad Kuljanin - C from UNC avg double double

Olu Famutimi - F

Other good Canadian prospects

Carl English - Guard( I think he better then J-Rock)

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 07:22 PM
I think we need a vet PG instead. Someone like a Darrick Martin.