PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre might be welcome in Chicago

Soop
07-04-2008, 11:43 AM
"If the Packers decide they no longer need a 36-year-old quarterback who led them to the NFC championship game last season, the Bears might want to take a gander at this Favre fellow. They might want to put together a caravan of Jerry Angelo, Lovie Smith and Brian Urlacher and head for Mississippi. They might want to tell Favre how much fun it would be to finish his career in Chicago. He might just appreciate being appreciated. The Packers have sent Favre negative vibes, his family members say."
Chicago Tribune columnist Rick Morrissey

socalpkrbkr
07-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah funny quote. Tell Rick Morrissey to put down the crack pipe.

hughest4
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
If i was Chicago, i would certainly want Brett Favre on my team even if it was only for 1 year. The Bears when healthy have a great defense but their offense has been the problem for them. Favre would instantly make them a much better team but i could never see him going there.

And btw he is 38 not 36

Soop
07-04-2008, 12:02 PM
If i was Chicago, i would certainly want Brett Favre on my team even if it was only for 1 year. The Bears when healthy have a great defense but their offense has been the problem for them. Favre would instantly make them a much better team but i could never see him going there.

And btw he is 38 not 36

I would welcome him in an instance, I'd even be willing to pay for JA, Lovie, and BU's tickets to get on that plane.

Ryan Diesel
07-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Yeah you and every other team. If Favre plays it'll be for us. If hell freezes over and he plays for another team, it won't be the Bears of the Queens so save your breath. For one if he plays for another team it would be for a contender. The Bears are more than the greatest QB of all time away from being a contender so that rules you out right there. Also he's not going to play for someone else in the division. Wake up, this isn't Madden. John Madden football has been and will always be the only way all you Bear fans will get Favre in a Bears jersey. I mean he'd go to the Queens before he went to the Bears, and even thats not happening. Seriously this is about your 10,000 post about Favre going to the Bears in the Packers forum. Give it a rest, go talk about that nonsense in the Bear forum.

Soop
07-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Yeah you and every other team. If Favre plays it'll be for us. If hell freezes over and he plays for another team, it won't be the Bears of the Queens so save your breath. For one if he plays for another team it would be for a contender. The Bears are more than the greatest QB of all time away from being a contender so that rules you out right there. Also he's not going to play for someone else in the division. Wake up, this isn't Madden. John Madden football has been and will always be the only way all you Bear fans will get Favre in a Bears jersey. I mean he'd go to the Queens before he went to the Bears, and even thats not happening. Seriously this is about your 10,000 post about Favre going to the Bears in the Packers forum. Give it a rest, go talk about that nonsense in the Bear forum.

:yawn:

By the look of it, TT doesn't want Favre back.

darwin31
07-04-2008, 04:36 PM
sooper, im not sure why u want Farve so much. Look at Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith, 2 examples of greats whose carrers were over before they stopped playing. How long will it take you to recall the last teams either played for?

Then again, you do have Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton..........I take it back, if Brett doesnt come back to da bears, tell JA to give terry bradshaw a call, see if hes willing to come out of the booth.

newdude
07-04-2008, 06:23 PM
sooper, im not sure why u want Farve so much. Look at Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith, 2 examples of greats whose carrers were over before they stopped playing. How long will it take you to recall the last teams either played for?

Then again, you do have Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton..........I take it back, if Brett doesnt come back to da bears, tell JA to give terry bradshaw a call, see if hes willing to come out of the booth.

I don't want to see Favre to the Bears, but Rice and Smith had bad seasons b4 going to different teams while Favre had an MVP-worthy year just last season...

darwin31
07-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't want to see Favre to the Bears, but Rice and Smith had bad seasons b4 going to different teams while Favre had an MVP-worthy year just last season...

Granted. I also think that he has hung them up at the right time.

Soop
07-04-2008, 09:33 PM

Raiders & Cardinals (2 seconds)

C'mon darwin31, as a Viking fan you're telling me he wouldn't make your team alot better. Tarjack sucks and you know it, who the hell is your back ups? John David Booty and Gus (I think) are terrible. Favre had a MVP type of season and is still can play IMO.

Fade to Black
07-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Seahawks not Raiders.

darwin31
07-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Raiders & Cardinals (2 seconds)

C'mon darwin31, as a Viking fan you're telling me he wouldn't make your team alot better. Tarjack sucks and you know it, who the hell is your back ups? John David Booty and Gus (I think) are terrible. Favre had a MVP type of season and is still can play IMO.

As a Viking fan, I can honestly tell u that I would not want Farve on my team. There are a lot of questions surrounding Jackson but the consensus says that he will improve.

In addition, if Farve would return it would be the Brett Farve show all day, all the time. Would be a distraction to the team.

BTW, thank you to Fade to Black for helping make my point:)

Soop
07-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Seahawks not Raiders.

oops! :laugh:

iam brett favre
07-04-2008, 11:19 PM
I'd bet anything Favre wouldn't go to the Bears.

Brunner
07-04-2008, 11:46 PM
I would have bet anything Favre would stay retired once he announced it...and look how that is turning out :(. As much as I would love to see Brett play for the Pack again, TT seems adamant on stopping that, and to a point I can see why the team would put their foot down and say, "Hey, we needed to move on and we have." I just hope he never plays for another team. It would just make me sick to watch him run onto the field in another team's colors. If I were TT I would allow Brett to come back if he announced it would be his last year 100% BEFORE the season started, and then the league could honor him week by week, but we can't have this guessing game crap every off-season.

PS: Rodger's comments lately have been getting on my nerves. I understand why he is saying them, but instead of sounding confident, he is starting to sound cocky, and we don't need that crap. He should just shut up and play and the fans will respect him for it, not for telling people they need to follow him or shut up.

packerfan4life
07-05-2008, 12:06 AM
The Bears aren't allowed to have good quarterbacks.

Rtardz
07-05-2008, 08:30 AM
PS: Rodger's comments lately have been getting on my nerves. I understand why he is saying them, but instead of sounding confident, he is starting to sound cocky, and we don't need that crap. He should just shut up and play and the fans will respect him for it, not for telling people they need to follow him or shut up.

yeah I agree with that quote, "get on board or shut up" what board? The A-Rod board? Because I know I have always been on the Packers board. If he is trying to gain respect, the only way he is gonna get it is by playing not making comments in sports illustrated.

Brooke
07-05-2008, 08:52 PM
if Favre plays for another team it won't be for a team in the NFC North, the Packers won't let it happen. I really don't think I could take it to see him in another uniform

You know just when I was open to giving him a chance, he goes ahead and says that. That was very dumb

Hey Aaron you want some respect, show it on the field and give us a reason to support you

beast
07-05-2008, 11:21 PM

1) From what I hear, he's known for being cocky player
2) Until this he's sounded great
3) What he said, wasn't right, but I can't be too hard on the guy right now. I means he's trying to replace Favre in GB. Can you think of anybody that would be harder to replace? Also he's facing questions and doubter of him every single day, I mean the media couldn't get enough of the guy, and could ask him questions all day about Favre, and him. Replacing Favre has to be really tough, and really hard from, a mental point. I think, he should get more of a break, than others guys, because of that.