PDA

View Full Version : Which young star is most likely to stay spend his entire career with his team?

phlp_bj
07-04-2008, 11:13 AM
and why?

Dirty Dirk41
07-04-2008, 11:24 AM
i went with C.Paul...i could just see him staying there, he just got a huge contract. Hes been huge in helping N.O get back to where it should be post-katrina. Plus I Could see Bosh wanting out of TO, or Williams wanting out of Utah.

TMAC94
07-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Cp3, i dont seem moving, he has west starting too come of age and he just signed a huge contract.

Dalionking
07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
well i picked howard cause good big men are alot harder to come by. plus he is driven to be better and in the next 5 years he should start developing a nice jumper and get better on free throw shooting

ra8erfan111
07-04-2008, 11:46 AM
Went with CP...seems to be the most committed to winning out of all of these guys, then I would say Deron, but he will get tired of Utah! CP also seems like he is loyal to the franchise. They will do what they have to do to keep him there!

Ramon Nivar
07-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Bosh, an entire country loves him and he has a GM giving him players to help him succeed. The only way I see him leaving is in his final years when he is no longer a star trying to win a championship if he hasn't already, but he will have won one by then.

BADizzleBoY
07-04-2008, 11:51 AM
chris paul, if he left new orleans what would he do? That whole city depends on him basically.

Mile High Champ
07-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Bosh, an entire country loves him and he has a GM giving him players to help him succeed. The only way I see him leaving is in his final years when he is no longer a star trying to win a championship if he hasn't already, but he will have won one by then.

agreed with what you said, my bet is on bosh.

theimortalone
07-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Cp3

AgentViet
07-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Bosh for sure. Dwight doesn't look like he wants to move. CP3 is basically the soul of the Hornets now, but after only taking a 3 year extension, I'm not too sure anymore. Deron seems like the guy who will leave if the Jazz start to suck, especially if Boozer leaves next year.

Dalionking
07-04-2008, 12:03 PM
i would have said bosh was the most likely to move

daleja424
07-04-2008, 12:05 PM
paul... Boozer will leave next summer and Deron will want out, Bosh will leave in 2010 as O'Neal is preparing to retire, Howard is a stud but Orlando isn't winning. CP3 has a young core and his team wins... he'll be there for a long time...

jsand3030
07-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Monta Ellis

superkegger
07-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Cp3, i dont seem moving, he has west starting too come of age and he just signed a huge contract.

a huge contract for 3 years, which makes me wonder...

I can see Deron leaving, especially if Boozer does or Jerry Sloan retires.

Bosh, I can see him leaving if they never go anywhere. If the JO thing doesn't work out, he might bolt.

I don't see Dwight leaving, he already is on the books till 2013. But after that he could leave I suppose.

But when I saw the thread I immediately thought of 3 names, Tony Parker (he's only 25), Al Jefferson, and Derrick Rose.

Jwizel_hitshrs
07-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Totally agree....TO is a great place for ANY star......actors, athletes, anyone. AND Bosh has the personality we love up here....BC will keep him no matter what!

King Koopa
07-04-2008, 01:04 PM
None of those people, Its Wade.

ManRam
07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Dwight Howard because of this thing called wishful thinking.

Jameer Nelson should be on the list instead of him though. ;)

superkegger
07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Dwight Howard because of this thing called wishful thinking.

Jameer Nelson should be on the list instead of him though. ;)

He said young stars...:D

Mile High Champ
07-04-2008, 01:20 PM
None of those people, Its Wade.

I would agree with that, i could see all 4 of these guys being there for almost their career but hey anything can happen.

KNICKSFAN
07-04-2008, 01:23 PM
cp3

lakers4sho
07-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Deron Williams. He fits Sloan's system perfectly along with Carlos Boozer.

superkegger
07-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Deron Williams. He fits Sloan's system perfectly along with Carlos Boozer.

What if boozer leaves or sloan retires...neither is unthinkable...sloan has been there for 20 years and isn't so young anymore...and there has already been talks of boozer leaving...and thats not that unthinkable, just ask the cavs.

albertc86
07-04-2008, 01:52 PM
I think Deron would be the first of the four to find a new home. He's been great in Utah, but Sloan doesn't let him play his game. Everytime he comes down court, he has to look back at Sloan, to get directions.

xanderyear
07-04-2008, 01:53 PM
But when I saw the thread I immediately thought of 3 names, Tony Parker (he's only 25), Al Jefferson, and Derrick Rose.

Jefferson has already been moved once, or else I'd agree. I'm going with CP3, even with the extension issue, he means too much to that team, especially after what all he's done after the Katrina problem. He carried that team mentally from the second he was drafted.

HOZ THE KNICK
07-04-2008, 02:01 PM
chris paul he likes the way the team is building up around him.

Knicks845
07-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Because, I think by the time his contract expires he'll get a ring, and continue to get a couple, making him wanna stay in New Orleans.

superkegger
07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I think Deron would be the first of the four to find a new home. He's been great in Utah, but Sloan doesn't let him play his game. Everytime he comes down court, he has to look back at Sloan, to get directions.
what? Deron has complete control of that offense. He runs that show. He doesn't look to sloan for every play, for some, but not very many.

Jefferson has already been moved once, or else I'd agree. I'm going with CP3, even with the extension issue, he means too much to that team, especially after what all he's done after the Katrina problem. He carried that team mentally from the second he was drafted.

Once, and it was in a blockbuster of which he was the cornerstone. He is the centerpiece the wolves are building around. He has a long contract extension, and no way the wolves let him get away. He's not the player KG is, and he won't be that good, so I just don't ever see him leaving.

obrpunk
07-04-2008, 03:11 PM
i went with williams. i can't see any of those teams willing to let these guys go, but utah has the history of keeping players/coaches they like in town.

NYK All the Way
07-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Dwight Howard..the magic would be insane to let this guy go. They're also one key player away from being championship contenders.

But wheres dwade, lebron and melo?

chicagowhitesox
07-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Lol. I just came from the ESPN site and you have the EXACT same poll. Huh...

pebloemer
07-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Totally agree....TO is a great place for ANY star......actors, athletes, anyone. AND Bosh has the personality we love up here....BC will keep him no matter what!

That may not be in BC's power to do.

Jonathan2323
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
D Wade

#1 wolves fam
07-04-2008, 04:30 PM
well i don't think anybody can spend their whole career with one team but it doesn't mean it can't happen i mean look at reggie miller but sooner or later a player kind of welcomes out their welcome or becomes expendable

Musical Tempo
07-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Bosh will stay with the Raptors unless team managment trades him off (ie. Injuries, better future players, so on)
CP3 success with NOH wont last long, Peja career is done in a few years same with MoeP. They wont be able to keep David West, and Chandler both player will get top money when their contract expire. I see him pulling a Baron Davis if the team starts to suck hard.
As for Howard he will be gone if he dont win something.
Wade, and Lebron are pretty much already gone
Deron will stay as a Jazz I think like Stockton, Sloan shows to much respect to his player for them to leave, and someone said they wont be a playoff team, I think they will always be a playoff team even if they lose boozer they will get someone to help them out.

BaRRySandAmaN
07-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I will say Brandon Roy. I dont see him leaving Portland at all, especially with the Sonics moving. He went to Washington University and he loves it out there. Plus he is the perfect guy to lead the Blazers team as they try to get rid of that Bad boy Image they got a couple years ago.
Off that list I would go with Chris Bosh, he isnt going to leave Canada, that Country is in love with the guy, at least I know Ramon is....:D

_Sn1P3r_
07-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Chris Paul. He has a partner in crime, David West, who is still young so they would probably grow as players together and win a championship in the future.